Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Not one to talk much on the forums but I read alot but just a heads up Yoshi's New Island was a terrible game. Very upset coming from a huge Yoshi fan.
I love how everybody seems to forget how abysmal Yoshi's Island DS was. Even if the reviews were mediocre it was still a terrible game, yet everybody still expected so much better from this one lol.

Either way, I was interested in checking out the 3DS version for the art style if nothing else. I suppose I should just read up on a couple more reviews to see how bad it really is first lol.

Last edited:
sorry if asked but if you get 3 $30 games, how much would you get back to return two and keep one? $20 per game right? Thinking of doing that to get MGS for PS4

sorry if asked but if you get 3 $30 games, how much would you get back to return two and keep one? $20 per game right? Thinking of doing that to get MGS for PS4
When it comes to returns I think it's all or nothing at Target. At least that's how my store does it anyways. I bought a game from them during their last B2G1 that went on sale dirt cheap a couple of days later and they wouldn't let me swap/return it without returning the other 2 as well.

When it comes to returns I think it's all or nothing at Target. At least that's how my store does it anyways. I bought a game from them during their last B2G1 that went on sale dirt cheap a couple of days later and they wouldn't let me swap/return it without returning the other 2 as well.
This is incorrect. Target has a prorated return policy with these B2G1 deals and your receipt should list the actual return value. For three similarly priced games, it's essentially 33% off. I think your store was just giving you a hard time.

Yeah, you'd get $20 back per game and be able to keep the final game at the $20 price point.

Incorrect. Target prints the return value of each right on the receipt. Some stores may bar you from buying a game and then swapping it out for another after the sale is over like people did or tried to do during PS4 and Xbox One launch weeks, but no Target store will bar you from returning fewer than the full 3 games for a partial refund.

Of course a lot of the games I want like Demon Gaze and Conception II come out the week after this...

That always seems to be the case. Even for niche games like those.
It may not matter anyway, since odds are pretty good that Target won't carry either one of those games.

This is incorrect. Target has a prorated return policy with these B2G1 deals and your receipt should list the actual return value. For three similarly priced games, it's essentially 33% off. I think your store was just giving you a hard time.
I guess so, thanks for sharing. I am certainly interested in A Link Between Worlds if nothing else but I don't know that I want to risk the same thing happening again. Is there some link or something on their website I could show them to force this issue? If not, I'll have to think before wasting time jumping on this again.

Incorrect. Target prints the return value of each right on the receipt. Some stores may bar you from buying a game and then swapping it out for another after the sale is over like people did or tried to do during PS4 and Xbox One launch weeks, but no Target store will bar you from returning fewer than the full 3 games for a partial refund
Well mine did, they told me the only way I could get a refund was to return all 3 games. Which I had to do after debating the issue for a minute or two.

Last edited:
Goto a different target and/or try not have all the games scanned in order that way the receipt just shows like a sale price vs package. However, the receipt itself contradicts what the store told you.

Wow 132 people viewing the thread but only 14 are members.

Goto a different target and/or try not have all the games scanned in order that way the receipt just shows like a sale price vs package. However, the receipt itself contradicts what the store told you.

Wow 132 people viewing the thread but only 14 are members.
The NeoGAF effect.

I'll be damned if my Target carries any of the JRPGs I want to get during this sale. Then again, I was shocked to see the Project X Zone LE a while back when Target had the last B2G1. Very skeptical ToS HD will be there.

Since when can you price match at Target and still get the B2G1?
The system allows it show it`s no different than getting the $1 pre-order, pm & $20 promo. Best to get in early before they`re aware of the b2g1 & mix up you purchases. PM an entire transaction not limited to games get some cheap $2 household items they`ll be so busy looking each one up that once the package updates they either won`t notice or won`t wanna be bothered tryin to redo stuff.

Since when can you price match at Target and still get the B2G1?
Only once with reservation card last year did they tell me that I couldnt do both. I said ok. She price matched rang up other items I then still handed her the reservation card and got both. No issues at all.

I think I'm going to pass on this Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale. I'm at the point where I'm just buying games to add to my backlog as opposed to buying games I want to play right away.

Saw the ad and it mention buy a XBONE and get 12 months Gold free. It's still 450 for xbone so hopefully it remains the same. 

Can someone show where the $50GC with a purchase of a Wii U is on the ad? -Thanks

Incorrect. Target prints the return value of each right on the receipt. Some stores may bar you from buying a game and then swapping it out for another after the sale is over like people did or tried to do during PS4 and Xbox One launch weeks, but no Target store will bar you from returning fewer than the full 3 games for a partial refund.

Not every store is as strict about this but technically it's enforced at some places due to them aware of people trying to get the discount on one game instead of all 3. The prorated return value is there more to protect themselves from return fraud. It makes sense for them to enforce it though since B2G1 is a volume discount and returning 2 games is just trying to circumvent the promotion.

Im gonna pretend I didn't see this thread/Ad.... I've spent too much this year and we are not even halfway. SOB.

Not every store is as strict about this but technically it's enforced at some places due to them aware of people trying to get the discount on one game instead of all 3. The prorated return value is there more to protect themselves from return fraud. It makes sense for them to enforce it though since B2G1 is a volume discount and returning 2 games is just trying to circumvent the promotion.
I'm not saying someone might not run into a zealous employee that attempts to decline the return, but Target policy is to allow a return of the individual items in a bundled purchase in exchange for a refund of the prorated item value. This goes for other Target promos as well outside of video games. If you have a problem with a local store, they can call corporate and will learn that the policy is to allow the partial return.

When I took advantage of the B2G1 last time, I think it was Rockstar Essentials/Fifa 14/Fifa 14.

I flipped both Fifas to BB for credit profit then returned the Rockstar Essentials to Target for around $28.

Also, what are these random % off coupons that Target prints out that CAG'ers are talking about?

I have a Red card & plan to use it next week.

When I took advantage of the B2G1 last time, I think it was Rockstar Essentials/Fifa 14/Fifa 14.
I flipped both Fifas to BB for credit profit then returned the Rockstar Essentials to Target for around $28.

Also, what are these random % off coupons that Target prints out that CAG'ers are talking about?
coupons probably won't happen it cause last fall target was randomly spitting out 30% off two games coupons and etc depending what you buy which was random to and some people still had some when target did the buy 2 get one free last November so the coupon talk is just about the last buy 2 get 1 free sale and have nothing to do with this sale

Last time I partook in the B2G1 deal was when it glitched for about 5 hours and was a B1G1 sale. I created a large backlog of low prices games that day.

I'm curious to know does this work with preordering a game or buying it all off at once. Ex
I want watch dogs and they usually have the reserve cards so could I just reserve it pay it off and get another game I'm interested in while getting a third free. Or must the games be released at the time of sale. Sorry if this is a newb question

I'm curious to know does this work with preordering a game or buying it all off at once. Ex
I want watch dogs and they usually have the reserve cards so could I just reserve it pay it off and get another game I'm interested in while getting a third free. Or must the games be released at the time of sale. Sorry if this is a newb question
Target doesn't allow you to pre-pay for unreleased games. In fact, those preorder cards aren't even really tied to the game in any way. You essentially pay $1 and when you buy the game, they give you a $5 gift card. You essentially net just $4. So no, you can't use unreleased games as part of the B2G1, at least not in store.

coupons probably won't happen it cause last fall target was randomly spitting out 30% off two games coupons and etc depending what you buy which was random to and some people still had some when target did the buy 2 get one free last November so the coupon talk is just about the last buy 2 get 1 free sale and have nothing to do with this sale
RIP Punctuation

Dawn of Civilization - 2014

Donkey Kong Wii U, Yoshi Island and not sure what else, maybe Infamous. Really wanted Final Fantasy X HD though.
All excellent picks, btw. DKC Tropical Freeze is one of the funnest video games I've played in the last decade, and very well could be one of my favorites of all time! Yoshi's New Island is good- it's not GotY or anything but it's a pretty chill game, definitely fun. And Infamous Second Son- that game is SO much better than I thought it'd be. Truly the best game on PS4 as of yet. Matter fact, even that FFX/X-2 is spectacular (Vita version, haven't tried PS3). Idk, the DKC and Infamous though, those are non-negotiable must-buys.

Thanks folks. I will cease looking for coupons & start thinking about what I'm actually gonna get.

Prolly start off with the Ducktales re-release. WORMS collection. Just Dance 4. Gonna stay in the $20 range.

*crickets*

Anyone?

If all goes according to plan.

- Titanfall

- inFamous: Second Son

- Kinect Sports Rivals

- Bravely Default

- FFX

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Trying to think of two other $30 games I can get for MGSV free though.

If all goes according to plan.

- Titanfall
- inFamous: Second Son
- Kinect Sports Rivals

- Bravely Default
- FFX
- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Trying to think of two other $30 games I can get for MGSV free though.
Bravely default will be 27 with gcu next week at best buy

Does this promo work for PC games? If so I'd probably grab Titanfall and Elder Scrolls Online along with some other games.

This $50 GC with WiiU makes a permanent price drop seem really likely soon.  Interesting to see what bestbuy's ad will have.

I'm hoping that Walmart or Bestbuy will drop the WiiU down to 249.99 for the bundle. Our wii is on it's last leg here and I could handle that price if it still comes with two games...

This $50 GC with WiiU makes a permanent price drop seem really likely soon. Interesting to see what bestbuy's ad will have.

I'm hoping that Walmart or Bestbuy will drop the WiiU down to 249.99 for the bundle. Our wii is on it's last leg here and I could handle that price if it still comes with two games...
Well, do keep in mind that a Wii U at $299.99 with a $50 GC is essentially a $249.99 Wii U with three games.

This $50 GC with WiiU makes a permanent price drop seem really likely soon. Interesting to see what bestbuy's ad will have.

It's already been confirmed that a price drop won't happen till after Q1-Q2ish of next year. (The price reduction of the hardware in the overseas markets represents a large amount of our total expenditure for this fiscal year, but based on the premise that we will not make such a reduction in the next fiscal year). The only semi-evident thing we can deduce is that Nintendo is rolling out another bundle so they're trying to rid of this bundle as quickly as possible. My guess is either 3D World or Mario Kart 8. I'm definitely picking this up and pre-ordering Mario Kart 8 because of the $5GC on the preorder. The game will practically be "free." Also neither of the stores you mentioned are doing such a thing for next week's sales, as I hoped the same.

Hope I can grab the limited edition ffx. Also need to figure out two other $40 games. Help me out guys, I own the 360, PS3, PS4 and 3DS.

I was planning on matching this deal at Best Buy

Is there anyway to ship something to store and then apply the deal to that game?

I remember trying to match this deal at the BB in Chandler AZ, when the next gen games came out...and they shot me down. Maybe I will try another location.

bread's done
Back