Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
target don't actually do preorders if you go in store and get a preorder card they aren't really preorder they don't hold the games or nothing that why they take no information.
Probably meant online. The last BB B2G1 allowed online preorders until they caught it (it was PS3 and 360 only, though).

I'm thinking I'm going to get 3 60 dollar games, return 2, and use the other one as a placeholder for Mario Kart (using my Red Card which gives me 90 days to return). Sound good?

I really want to get Pikmin 3, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and Wonderful 101, but none of them are 60 dollars. I want to take full advantage of B2G1!

I'm thinking I'm going to get 3 60 dollar games, return 2, and use the other one as a placeholder for Mario Kart (using my Red Card which gives me 90 days to return). Sound good?
Technically they shouldn't honor that. The return value would be $37.99, and you'd be purchasing Mario Kart for $56.99 outright.

You can't do "exchanges" with REDcard, they do a return first then ring up your second item separately. Sorry =/. Super YMMV if you have other results.

Technically they shouldn't honor that. The return value would be $37.99, and you'd be purchasing Mario Kart for $56.99 outright.

You can't do "exchanges" with REDcard, they do a return first then ring up your second item separately. Sorry =/. Super YMMV if you have other results.
Oh darn, I didn't know about the REDcard. :\ During the B2G1 last year, I was able to return 1 PS4 game and exchange the other 2. Maybe my store is just weird like that? Lol

Oh darn, I didn't know about the REDcard. :\ During the B2G1 last year, I was able to return 1 PS4 game and exchange the other 2. Maybe my store is just weird like that? Lol
Aftrt the sale was over? If so, then they are a generous Target :). If you had past success there's no risk in trying though. Worst case scenario you get your money back.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but you do get a 10% coupon from Target in USPS moving package (like Best Buy).  It excludes PS4 Hardware, but no mention of games.

So in case anyone is moving soon or just wants to exploit Target the same as Best Buy, it's another $10 off or so on the B2G1...

You realize that with GCU you can consistantly get 3 games for almost the same price no b2g1 needed. In fact, it`s the same price 3 games for $96. Plus you earn close to $5 in credit on each set.
Actually, that's $6 more, and requires an initial up front cost. This $90 deal that I got back in november of last year required a 30% coupon and no haggling with the store. We just bought 3 games and that was it.

Nah. Sometimes I browse the forums on my phone and I can't be bothered to log in there. I'm sure some of the guests are just members browsing CAG from multiple systems.
I don`t wanna restrict but there are times when the numbers just "look" bad 700 people viewing 120 members. I`m sure there`s members who never post deals and/or randomly comment but when you see so many sites with deals for here it doesn`t compute.

Actually, that's $6 more, and requires an initial up front cost. This $90 deal that I got back in november of last year required a 30% coupon and no haggling with the store. We just bought 3 games and that was it.
When I said the same I was referring to $96 via b2g1 or just only buying games when they`re $40. And you don`t have to wait months to get the games.
The intial cost is an investment in long term savings which you end up coming out ahead generallly.

When BB does their b2g1 pay $96 vs $120 per set of games.
If you get 4 sets over 2 yrs that`s $480 for 12 games
With GCU it`s 12 games for $384(+$15 credit)

$95 saved minus the cost of the sub which was available for $30 or $60 so say you did the $60 one. Plus $35 & $15 credit on top of any other titles over 2 yrs. Even if you paid $120 you get another $5 credit you paid $25 more but got $20 credit. I`ve yet to see a person who has GCU for $30-$60 say that that HAVEN`T seen the value in it or that they won`t make the money back 5x over.

Yes, 12 month. It's kind of lost in the middle of the front cover on top of the Xbox One. It's a 12 month Live card and they call out free Titanfall download card in the copy. The retail is $499.99 on the cover, but the WM pricematch will still be in effect despite that.
Finally. I was wondering about that, too. I hopefully be able PM and pick one up.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but you do get a 10% coupon from Target in USPS moving package (like Best Buy). It excludes PS4 Hardware, but no mention of games.

So in case anyone is moving soon or just wants to exploit Target the same as Best Buy, it's another $10 off or so on the B2G1...
I wonder if that coupon stacks with the pharmacy one and then my red card giving me 20% off lol. Might go to the post office see if they put it in the packet.

I wonder if that coupon stacks with the pharmacy one and then my red card giving me 20% off lol. Might go to the post office see if they put it in the packet.
They are no longer in the packet. I stopped at the post office to get a packet, but they were not in there, you actually have to go through the address change online.

That sucks never mind then.
I guess if it was really worth it to you, you could do a temporary address change and have your mail forwarded to a friend for a week or whatever. It would cost you the $1 and the inconvenience, but maybe would be worth it.

That's assuming you get the same coupons for a temporary move - I'm not sure on this.

Nah. Sometimes I browse the forums on my phone and I can't be bothered to log in there. I'm sure some of the guests are just members browsing CAG from multiple systems.
I logged in just now just to agree with this. I browse without logging in if I get logged out, because I don't post that often.

But to stay on topic, I'm hoping Best Buy keeps Bravely Default at $34 through Sunday at least so I can price match that, pick up Mists of Pandaria, and then find... something else to finish the trifecta and then return the third thing later, effectively giving me about $7 off of each of the first two items.

I logged in just now just to agree with this. I browse without logging in if I get logged out, because I don't post that often.

But to stay on topic, I'm hoping Best Buy keeps Bravely Default at $34 through Sunday at least so I can price match that, pick up Mists of Pandaria, and then find... something else to finish the trifecta and then return the third thing later, effectively giving me about $7 off of each of the first two items.
Yeah, I browse the site all the time and I'm not usually logged in...

Anyway, sorry if answered, but will Best Buy price match the B2G1? And will they do it on pre-orders? I ask because I wanted to get Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World and Lego City Undercover but Target is sold out of Lego City online and closest store that has it is 23 miles away.

Yeah, I browse the site all the time and I'm not usually logged in...

Anyway, sorry if answered, but will Best Buy price match the B2G1? And will they do it on pre-orders? I ask because I wanted to get Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World and Lego City Undercover but Target is sold out of Lego City online and closest store that has it is 23 miles away.
The answer:

Best Buy doesn't match these offers according to their policy. Sometimes they'll override it but according to policy you're not entitled to a match.

As for a pre order...that's a negative. I'm sure there's an extreme example, but seeing as you aren't supposed to PM this type of deal anyway, pre-orders are all but guaranteed not to work.

The answer:

Best Buy doesn't match these offers according to their policy. Sometimes they'll override it but according to policy you're not entitled to a match.

As for a pre order...that's a negative. I'm sure there's an extreme example, but seeing as you aren't supposed to PM this type of deal anyway, pre-orders are all but guaranteed not to work.
Okay, thanks. Figured as much.

I don't know if anyone cares, but Target's website says they don't carry Tales of Symphonia collection in store or online, but they are a bunch of God Damn Liars! I have seen it in store.

Went to my local Target today. No FFX or ToS HD. Figured. At least it saved me from wasting time and gas on Sunday.

Surprised that after all these past target b2g1 deals in the past CAGs are still being fooled by the bogus "not sold in stores" message on the website listing which is, quite often, an outright lie lol. Yes you can get FFX-X2 in store but not all stores carry the same titles, especially the niche ones. You might have to try a couple targets

When talking about buying 3 games and returning 2, I know you get 33% back for each one. But is that the same if I buy a $60 game, and the. 2 $20 games? So taking $80 and returning the 2 $20 games can I keep the $60 for $26.66?

When talking about buying 3 games and returning 2, I know you get 33% back for each one. But is that the same if I buy a $60 game, and the. 2 $20 games? So taking $80 and returning the 2 $20 games can I keep the $60 for $26.66?
No, doesn't work that way. The $20 game will be free so that $20 will be split 3 way when figuring your refund value. You'll be getting the $60 game for $53.33 instead

Surprised that after all these past target b2g1 deals in the past CAGs are still being fooled by the bogus "not sold in stores" message on the website listing which is, quite often, an outright lie lol. Yes you can get FFX-X2 in store but not all stores carry the same titles, especially the niche ones. You might have to try a couple targets
Yep, this for sure. For my local target, it says they don't have FFX-X2 in stock online, but I was there yesterday and they had a copy at the store... Hoping no one gets it before I do tomorrow >__>

I know the ad usually says no more then one copy per title, but has anyone has success in getting 3 of the same title when you have a group of people? Two of my friends and I wanted to go in on this deal so we could each get titanfall on 360 for $40 each, but I'm concerned about if they'll let us. We're all going to go together and hope they see that it's for three people.
If they don't allow it, I'm thinking of making 3 transactions then immediately returning 2 games from each transaction to achieve the same results....

I know the ad usually says no more then one copy per title, but has anyone has success in getting 3 of the same title when you have a group of people? Two of my friends and I wanted to go in on this deal so we could each get titanfall on 360 for $40 each, but I'm concerned about if they'll let us. We're all going to go together and hope they see that it's for three people.
If they don't allow it, I'm thinking of making 3 transactions then immediately returning 2 games from each transaction to achieve the same results....
Depends on employee. The Target register allows it but overzealous employee may not.

Anyway for a Best Buy employee to price match this online with ship to store?
Any type of non policy YMMV pm(bundle or giftcard) is as close to 0% as it goes they state policy & stay to it. They`re monitored unlike store reps which is why you can get a "favor" in-store. It`s kinda like the human element

Crap, wasn't really planning to get anything but FFXHD LE is instock according to the website @ my local target. Help me pick out 2 more $40 games CAG! Once again I  own the 360, PS3, PS4 and 3DS.

Crap, wasn't really planning to get anything but FFXHD LE is instock according to the website @ my local target. Help me pick out 2 more $40 games CAG! Once again I own the 360, PS3, PS4 and 3DS.
Super Mario 3D Land, Zelda A Link Between Worlds as your other two, then return...Zelda, and.... I dunno, Super Mario Land. Then keep your Final Fantasy HD.

Super Mario 3D Land, Zelda A Link Between Worlds as your other two, then return...Zelda, and.... I dunno, Super Mario Land. Then keep your Final Fantasy HD.
I have so many things to play that I don't really need to buy a game for a long time but FF is limited. Probably going to pick up FFX and 2 $20 titles. Pretty much $60 for 3. Not good but better than buying $80 for 3 on "add-on" games I am not interested in. By the time I get to these games the price will have dropped significantly anyway. Gotta wait and see what they have though since I might go with your 3D Land suggestion along with FFX and Rayman Legends.

Buying 2 $20 games also give me a better return rate at $20 instead of $26 right when I keep FFX?

ALSO MGS LEGACY COLLECTION IS IN STOCK AT TARGET.COM RIGHT NOW!!!!

I don't think you understood. Buy three games @ $40 each, then return two. You'll get to keep Final Fantasy for $26.66 based off Target's return policy.

I don't think you understood. Buy three games @ $40 each, then return two. You'll get to keep Final Fantasy for $26.66 based off Target's return policy.
Don't they take the three highest price and divide that by 3? My target got a few $8 games.

$40+$8+0=$48

^Return 2 and get FFX for $16. I really don't know their policy but I read this is how they are calculated.

Don't they take the three highest price and divide that by 3? My target got a few $8 games.

$40+$8+0=$48

^Return 2 and get FFX for $16. I really don't know their policy but I read this is how they are calculated.
Since the cheapest game is free, you essentially save $2.66 on each game ($7.99 divided by 3), making Final Fantasy $37.33. The B2G1 free/return two of the games scenario works best when all 3 games are prices the same. Essentially the cost of the cheapest game is equally distributed throughout the three games.

Since the cheapest game is free, you essentially save $2.66 on each game ($7.99 divided by 3), making Final Fantasy $37.33. The B2G1 free/return two of the games scenario works best when all 3 games are prices the same. Essentially the cost of the cheapest game is equally distributed throughout the three games.
Thanks mate, almost made a fool out of myself in public. lol

These type of threads make my head hurt.

Ethics aside returns almost always work the same way across all retailers (glitch aside).

Return value is always prorated. You can't buy and return two $1 games and get the $60 game for $30.

People asking the questions might be stupid but the retailers are not. You are getting 33.3% off all your games no matter what you do (again glitch/coupon/YMMV PM/return on old receipts aside)

Oh sad face.. I didn't know you couldn't buy more than 1 copy of each game? I wanted to get DK:TF + 2 Diablo expansions. I hope I get someone who doesn't care and not one of those lame ass "omg

Oh sad face.. I didn't know you couldn't buy more than 1 copy of each game? I wanted to get DK:TF + 2 Diablo expansions. I hope I get someone who doesn't care and not one of those lame ass "omg <333 rules~!!" kind of person. It's not like I'd be doing something shady. We legit want a copy of the expansion + the new donkey kong.. so this is probably the cheapest way to go without having to wait months more.
Just go back and return a placeholder game for an extra Diablo.

^ You should be able to buy multiples but it is YMMV. At my closet Target the employee is really friendly and lets me basically take control of the transaction.

Howvever, when Pokemon X/Y released I was at a neighboring target and tried to buy both in the same transaction (I had preorder cards for both) and the dumbass employee wouldn't let me because he said they were the same game and you couldn't buy more then one at a time.

I never make a stink in those situations because I don't like the spotlight being on me

bread's done
Back