Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Gives me a few days to sell my AWD PS3 and 360.

I'll use that GC and PM a few games. My copy of Wind Waker just arrived; the library has started to build.

I have a bunch of credit at Walmart from the used games I traded in, otherwise I would get it at Target. :)
Use the walmart credit to get a walmart pre-paid visa I think the fee is $4.95 for a $500 card. There system is weird & if you haven`t done it before you could run into issues so pay the fee in cash 1st, then swipe the giftcard as "payment", the cashier will need to scan the giftcard, there`s a 10-15 second delay & then the receipt prints. Even though it says up to 6 hrs wait I`ve never had an issue using it right away.

Technically Bedt Buy can not match deals that are a part of a bundle. So that is extremely YMMV.
Everytime these deals pop up there`s a good # of people who get BB to match all the do is reduce each by $20. The problems arise when people get a lil greedy & try to get $20 a game that BB already has on sale. Or attempt to get the match AND the 20% discount too. If you`re buying alot of games a rep could slip up & not adjust the price correctly though. As always your chances increase if the BB & Target are in the same shopping center or really close together.

Best buy has 2 games I want the same week on sale. Think it would be easier to get target to PM and stack the b2g1 or to get bb to PM the b2g1 and get my double reward points?

I was wondering if there are games on sale @ BB if you can just PM those games at Target. That would seem more likely than PM'ing at BB.

Use the walmart credit to get a walmart pre-paid visa I think the fee is $4.95 for a $500 card. There system is weird & if you haven`t done it before you could run into issues so pay the fee in cash 1st, then swipe the giftcard as "payment", the cashier will need to scan the giftcard, there`s a 10-15 second delay & then the receipt prints. Even though it says up to 6 hrs wait I`ve never had an issue using it right away.

Everytime these deals pop up there`s a good # of people who get BB to match all the do is reduce each by $20. The problems arise when people get a lil greedy & try to get $20 a game that BB already has on sale. Or attempt to get the match AND the 20% discount too. If you`re buying alot of games a rep could slip up & not adjust the price correctly though. As always your chances increase if the BB & Target are in the same shopping center or really close together.
Yeah there is a Target right next to my Best Buy. But im saying, people MAY have luck, but it IS totally YMMV. In case scenario if someone approached me and asked to PM that deal I would have to ask a manager or my sup before I did.

Walmart won't allow you to use credit to buy a gift card of any kind (including Amazon, iTunes, or Amazon).

OP actually missed another huge deal in this ad.  Xbox One comes with a free Xbox Live sub, and according to thier signs, the $449 retail should still be going next week.

Also, there's an exclusive Legolas Lego minifig that comes with Hobbit: DOS if you're into that.

So will Walmart match the B2G1 deal?

I'd definitely like to get Titanfall, MLB14 and Pikmin 3 for 120 if I could, but I don't have a Target near me.

So will Walmart match the B2G1 deal?

I'd definitely like to get Titanfall, MLB14 and Pikmin 3 for 120 if I could, but I don't have a Target near me.
Walmart is the most stubborn and picky store then anyone else so more then likely no since they don't price match b1g1 or etc or percentage sales they only match stuff if it in a physical ad with a specific set price

Walmart is the most stubborn and picky store then anyone else so more then likely no since they don't price match b1g1 or etc or percentage sales they only match stuff if it in a physical ad with a specific set price
They won't even match their sister store, Sam's. >_< I guess I understand why they wouldn't though.

They won't even match their sister store, Sam's. >_< I guess I understand why they wouldn't though.
or there own website for that matter. And it has to be a store with a physical location within 25 miles with item in stock at same price at said location which mean if you live in a rural area 50 miles from a city with Walmart as your only store then they have you royally screwed

Is target going to have the VITA FFX/2 in stock for this?  It seems like they only have the PS3 version available right now.

Besides FFX, I basically got everything I really want at the moment. I'll probably check clearance for some cheap games. 

OP actually missed another huge deal in this ad. Xbox One comes with a free Xbox Live sub, and according to thier signs, the $449 retail should still be going next week.

Also, there's an exclusive Legolas Lego minifig that comes with Hobbit: DOS if you're into that.
Are you sure about the $450 price? I recall my store saying the price cut was through 4/5 and this ad starts on the 6th

ok so let me get this right so im not attacking people over the counter next week,

if i go into target and pick up Cod/BF4  for 60 bucks combined,  can i pick up titanfall 360  and get that for free, or will they try to pull a Gamestop and tell me that TF isnt free, the cheapest one in cart i have is the free one?

ok so let me get this right so im not attacking people over the counter next week,

if i go into target and pick up Cod/BF4 for 60 bucks combined, can i pick up titanfall 360 and get that for free, or will they try to pull a Gamestop and tell me that TF isnt free, the cheapest one in cart i have is the free one?
It's always the cheapest being the free one. Yet another stellar post highlighting the entitlement shown on this site.

OP actually missed another huge deal in this ad. Xbox One comes with a free Xbox Live sub, and according to thier signs, the $449 retail should still be going next week.

Free Xbox Live sub? Are we talking a month or a full year? I was considering picking up the X1 this week, but if it's for a full year, I may just hold off until next week provided the $449 is indeed correct.

Yes, 12 month. It's kind of lost in the middle of the front cover on top of the Xbox One. It's a 12 month Live card and they call out free Titanfall download card in the copy. The retail is $499.99 on the cover, but the WM pricematch will still be in effect despite that.

Free Xbox Live sub? Are we talking a month or a full year? I was considering picking up the X1 this week, but if it's for a full year, I may just hold off until next week provided the $449 is indeed correct.

Best buy has 2 games I want the same week on sale. Think it would be easier to get target to PM and stack the b2g1 or to get bb to PM the b2g1 and get my double reward points?
I could get to BB to pm the b2g1 but depending on which store they may only allow 1 set & in that case most reps will adjust the prices of all games to $40 each. I could get target to pm easily as well but I wouldn`t leave the b2g1 to chance. I`d purposely get 10-15 items(not all games) & pm 8 or 9 of them that way the rep/manager spends more time searching other sites/ads vs realizing the double dip. Grab some paper towels, Windex, Pine-Sol, Gain, body wash etc stuff like that. It`ll add 10-15 minutes to the trip but if I`m getting both games down to $40 each then it`s worth it to me. 3 $60 games for $80 vs $120 is $27 per that`s the only way to beat GCU with this deal.

Yeah there is a Target right next to my Best Buy. But im saying, people MAY have luck, but it IS totally YMMV. In case scenario if someone approached me and asked to PM that deal I would have to ask a manager or my sup before I did.
No matter what store you pm at they will need an override b/c the price is so high. You`d do better taking the ad to CS & requesting the match vs gojng to the register. Generally stating that you`d "rather spend your money at BB" is a good opening line & I`d suggest stating that you`re paid GCU and/or Elite/Elite Plus if you are too. Those of us who`ve already laid the groundwork previously by being friendly with the staff will net better results too. When you get a good rep/manager fill out the survey on the receipt this will pay off in the future when you`re in need of a YMMV situation like this right now. An extra 3-5 minutes can me alot of money saved.

YMMV actually. The system allows it, just depends on the cashier.
If a person follows the EXACT INSTRUCTIONS I gave the actual screen will tell the cashier to "scan walmart giftcard". The whole point doing it exactly how I said is b/c the entire transaction looks like your paying with cash/credit up until the computer asks for the walmart giftcard.

You do NOT have to have the physical ad they either ask you to "prove it" on your phone/tablet, the manager will use their phone or the stores tablet.

We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad
http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

the beauty about that sale was the 30% off coupon stacked.. 3 PS4 games for $90...
You realize that with GCU you can consistantly get 3 games for almost the same price no b2g1 needed. In fact, it`s the same price 3 games for $96. Plus you earn close to $5 in credit on each set.

@Enuf yea I was going to do my grocery shopping for the month at the same time so might do the match at the beginning then have them scan everything so they don't see it

Hmm well I don't have an Xbox one just yet but I'm going to go ahead and get titanfall PvZ garden warfare and no clue on a third game since target is not carrying dynasty warriors complete edition

Yes, 12 month. It's kind of lost in the middle of the front cover on top of the Xbox One. It's a 12 month Live card and they call out free Titanfall download card in the copy. The retail is $499.99 on the cover, but the WM pricematch will still be in effect despite that.
So it's not actually $449 at Target, but instead $499. So for the $449, I would have to price match Wal-Mart? If that is indeed the case, could be the deciding factor on when I purchase the X1 as technically they aren't supposed to scan my team member discount.

Hmm well I don't have an Xbox one just yet but I'm going to go ahead and get titanfall PvZ garden warfare and no clue on a third game since target is not carrying dynasty warriors complete edition
Buying games for a system you don't own?

It's not even that good of a deal when you're paying for two full prices games

Ditto. By the time you get the system, those games will be sub-30. Don't jump for a B2g1 deal just because, especially when you can wait AND you don't have a solid 3 games you want.

There's still the 360 versions of Titanfall and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. I was thinking about getting both, but the multiplayer only aspect has me on the fence.

I don't want another MAG incident. I left that game in my backlog and now according to here, no one plays MAG.

Titanfall and PvZ: Garden Warfare: Why no love for offline bots?

Is there a way to have a game shipped to store.

Return the game

Then buy it again as part of a B2G1?

Or can I just have them order the game from the store as part of a B2G1?

Anyone had success with either of these options at Best Buy?

I believe Target does allow for individual returns. Maybe I will just pick up ALBW, Bravely Default, and a random game. Return the latter.

It does but since only select titles qualify online, you will prob get most of your vita games in your store. Your store may have few but they will all work. Then return one or two that you dont want.
Sorry for the late reply, but how would that work?

[quote name="TLOU" post="11666505" timestamp="1396589113"]

Sorry for the late reply, but how would that work?[/quote

Well first wait to see what games are part of the b2g1 on the website and if you get lucky, just go that route. Otherwise buy whatever game you want in store plus two other random ones that are the same price. Then return the two you dont want. You Will get the prorated amounts back for the other two you return and essentially keep . One you want for one third off the normal price. The prorated return values are right on the receipt.

[quote name="TLOU" post="11666505" timestamp="1396589113"]

Sorry for the late reply, but how would that work?[/quote

Well first wait to see what games are part of the b2g1 on the website and if you get lucky, just go that route. Otherwise buy whatever game you want in store plus two other random ones that are the same price. Then return the two you dont want. You Will get the prorated amounts back for the other two you return and essentially keep . One you want for one third off the normal price. The prorated return values are right on the receipt.
So basically I get a game that I want and have it be the free game, then get 2 games I don't really care for, return those, and essentially get the game i wanted for free. Did I read that right?

So basically I get a game that I want and have it be the free game, then get 2 games I don't really care for, return those, and essentially get the game i wanted for free. Did I read that right?
wow way off get the one you want and two other ones and return those two and keep the one you want for essentially 33% off is what it means

wow way off get the one you want and two other ones and return those two and keep the one you want for essentially 33% off is what it means
Ah I see. Is that 33% off total or 33% off the single game I want. Sorry about these questions. First time doing this sort of thing.

B2G1 is not that hard the receipt will show each game prorated to $39.99 each

Game A $59.99
If item returned $39.99

Game B $59.99
If item is returned $39.99

Game C $59.99 - $59.99 Buy two get one free promotion

76 people reading this topic only 6 are members lol

So it's not actually $449 at Target, but instead $499. So for the $449, I would have to price match Wal-Mart? If that is indeed the case, could be the deciding factor on when I purchase the X1 as technically they aren't supposed to scan my team member discount.
No... It's a systematic price match. It will be signed and ring up as $449.99. You'll see on Sunday.

B2G1 is not that hard the receipt will show each game prorated to $39.99 each

Game A $59.99
If item returned $39.99

Game B $59.99

Game C $59.99 - $59.99 Buy two get one free promotion

76 people reading this topic only 6 are members lol
I wish the website required membership to view.

I know last time Target did B2G1, you could order some pre-orders in the promotion. If this is the case I might snag up everything else I wanted for the year.  

I know last time Target did B2G1, you could order some pre-orders in the promotion. If this is the case I might snag up everything else I wanted for the year.
target don't actually do preorders if you go in store and get a preorder card they aren't really preorder they don't hold the games or nothing that why they take no information.

bread's done
Back