Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I love that target still does stacking. Makes the deal much better. Picked up The Last of Us (PM Toys R Us for 29.99), Battlefield 4 for the One (PM Best Buy for 39.99), and Got Need For Speed Rivals for PS3 (PM Toys R Us for 29.99).

I didn't want NFS, but my local target didn't have Zoo Tycoon for the One for some odd reason. So i picked up NFS so I could trade it in at BB with the +50% promo, so I got the 30 I put into it right back the game I actually wanted. Overall, more work than I wanted, but worked out for the best.

For those that got pm and b2g1 to stack, did you have to do the transaction in customer service? I got denied before for trying to stack pm and $10 off in kingdom hearts at cs. Wonder if they di price matching at the electronics section already so i might get lucky with a lazy employee

For those that got pm and b2g1 to stack, did you have to do the transaction in customer service? I got denied before for trying to stack pm and $10 off in kingdom hearts at cs. Wonder if they di price matching at the electronics section already so i might get lucky with a lazy employee
All price matches are suppose to be done at guest service only.

Pmed amazon for donkey Kong for $40, pmed amazon for Lego movie game for $47 and got bravely default for free. Was able to do it all right in electronics with my phone; normally do it in guest services. After red card, super great deal. :D

Quick question:  Do the games have to be the same price to be exchanged, or can I exchange them if the game I have has a higher value than the game that I want to exchange it for?  For example, can I exchange Little Big Planet Karting ($40 value) for Animal Crossing ($35 value)?  Or do I have to do a return/ rebuy kind of thing?  Thanks in advance for the replies! :D

[quote name="XSpark210X" post="11672389" timestamp="1396841325"]All price matches are suppose to be done at guest service only.[/quote]

Yup. That's how I did it. I said I need to price match 3 games. They did the price matching and the computer took care of the rest. I didn't even have to mention the B2G1.

Ended up getting two Lightning Returns Exclusives and a copy of Infamous Second Son.  Will probably just sell the Lightning Returns to get Second Son for free.

Thanks!

I PM Luigi's Mansion for 33, Mario & Luigi Dreamteam for 29 and got for free Yoshi's Island (all for 3DS), I thought the system was going to give for free the cheapest but I got the $40 for free being the 3rd game registered!

:oops:

Picked up what I wanted today (Reaper of Souls x2 + DKTF) with no problem. However, I completely forgot that I could have PM'd Donkey Kong from Amazon. (Even RoS is like $1.60 cheaper than MSRP). If DK is still $39.99 today, can I take my receipt to guest services, show them on my phone (or do they actually look it up? I've never PM'd at Target) and get the difference? 

Got This.

2f7bce20-b865-4f9d-b8af-d4a5fe16e360_zpsb4249e6c.jpg

Would have preferred Sleeping Dogs Metro, Last Light or  Dragon Age II instead of Dead Island. But they didn't have it in stores.

Quick question: Do the games have to be the same price to be exchanged, or can I exchange them if the game I have has a higher value than the game that I want to exchange it for? For example, can I exchange Little Big Planet Karting ($40 value) for Animal Crossing ($35 value)? Or do I have to do a return/ rebuy kind of thing? Thanks in advance for the replies! :D
Target doesn't do any kind of exchanges. Return for the refund value, rebuy at current price in system.

Target doesn't do any kind of exchanges. Return for the refund value, rebuy at current price in system.
According to their website & in-store walls they consider something an "exchange" how the process it is up to them I guess.
http://www.target.com/HelpContent?help=/sites/html/TargetOnline/help/returns_and_refunds/returns_and_refunds.html

Refund/exchange policy Most unopened items in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive arefund or exchange. Some items have a modified return policy noted on the receipt or packing slip, the Target policy board (refund exceptions), Target.com or in the item department. This will also be displayed during the checkout process if purchased on Target.com. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a packing slip or receipt may be denied a refund or exchange. All bundled items must be returned with all components for a full refund. Bundle components may not all have the same return policy. Please check your packing slip for details.

Not true anymore. Some stores are set up to do it right in electronics with their own department iPad. This has been reported and confirmed many times. Most still do it the old way though.
I`d think attempting to double dip this offer would be easier at CS considering the odds are better they don`t even know about the b2g1. I hadat th a hell of a time trying to get a AC3 CE during a b2g1they kept saying only the one that scanned free was included in the sale. I` looking at these dummies like it says "all games" so obviously it`s an system error otherwise why would only the PS3 ring up & not the 360.
Walmart & Target employees are the worse common sense staff.

Got spoiled with the 30% off coupon and b2g1 deal before that this current deal doesnt attract me that much anymore.

So what stores have people been able to pricematch the b2g1 free?  Heading to Target requires a trip I don't want to take.

Anyone have any luck finding FFX for vita?

Anyways did the amazon price match for lightning returns and got a few "place holder" games for me to exchange in the future for a release i finally want. Timing sucks on this b2g1 lol

Anyone have any luck finding FFX for vita?

Anyways did the amazon price match for lightning returns and got a few "place holder" games for me to exchange in the future for a release i finally want. Timing sucks on this b2g1 lol
based off the target website FFX vita is not carried in store, not sure if it is regional or not.

So read a few posts back the third game scanned will regardless be the free one? I got my eye on a AC3 LE at a store around me they shot me down for a BBY PM a couple months ago if it is still there I'd gladly buy two games to get it free! Does anyone have the DCPI on it or can confirm any value game will ring up as free if it is the third one scanned?

So read a few posts back the third game scanned will regardless be the free one? I got my eye on a AC3 LE at a store around me they shot me down for a BBY PM a couple months ago if it is still there I'd gladly buy two games to get it free! Does anyone have the DCPI on it or can confirm any value game will ring up as free if it is the third one scanned?
Where did you read that?

There was a checkout coupon in the past that had done this, but for the advertised B2G1 free offer, the register will make the cheapest game free. Your refund value on say... two $50 games and a $30 game would be $40, $40, and $20, as they split the value of the cheapest game into 3.

Well was able to PM Fifa 14 and BF4 PS4 to BB for 39.99 and picked up Rayman Legends as the free one that I will return.  Good deal since I got Fifa and BF for $26 after Red Card discount saving $6 more then if I just got them at BB with my GCU discount.  Tried the whole have a more expensive game scanned last to see if it came up free and it didnt, it made the cheapest free so that does not work.  

Thanks!

I PM Luigi's Mansion for 33, Mario & Luigi Dreamteam for 29 and got for free Yoshi's Island (all for 3DS), I thought the system was going to give for free the cheapest but I got the $40 for free being the 3rd game registered!
I'm curious about this. Maybe b/c the first two were $40 MSRP before the PM, the system just gave the third $40 game for free...

Have not been in my Target in a while and thought might get some Vita games on this deal.  Bit silly of me as they had 3 Vita games total (Killzone, Lego, and MLB).  Best of luck to others though.

Yesterday I was able to get 2 copies of MLB & Infamous. Amazon had MLB 14 for around $51.XX so I priced match that.

My local Target has Kingdom Hearts Limited Edition for $29.99, any advice on the other 2 games that I could buy around the same price point.

how did you get the $30 coupon? nice stack btw what games did you buy?
No doubt that was from the last B2G1 where the Target Catalina Printer coupon for Buy 2 Get 30% off was still active, especially since those DPCIs are for Sonic WiiU, Wonderful101, and Pikmin 3.

As for $29.99 games, I am going to PM The Last of Us to either NewEgg or Toys R Us for $27.99/$29.99 and see what 3DS/DS first party games are at that price or can be pricematched down to that level, probably M&L Dream Team for $28.42 amazon.

Going to do another $39.99 each bundle with FFX/X2 HD, Lightning Returns Steelbook PM, and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.

If the B2G1 glitch is actually working, making the most expensive item the freebie, I will pick up some CoD Ghosts Prestige Editions ($179.99) coupled with whatever the cheapest games I can find are.

Had success matching this target sale at wal mart today. They've been advertising that they match the local grocery stores bogo sales, so took the ad and asked if they match these too. They said yes without hesitation, which surprised me as I've always had trouble just doing normal price matches at my local Walmart. Was glad to be able to use my gears of war 3 trade in credit to get the deal at Walmart.

Really wish I could get A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Vita), but the latter isn't in stock… may have to settle for Tearaway.

I'm basically only picking $40 games.

Really wish I could get A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Vita), but the latter isn't in stock… may have to settle for Tearaway.

I'm basically only picking $40 games.
Just get a filler $40 game rather than settling. Return the filler game and keep your other two @ $26.66 each.

I really wanted to get Ground Zeroes and Dream Team, but Ground Zeroes is out of stock online and Dream Team isn't in stock at any of my local stores. Frustration!

Just completed my first couple of sets of PMs coupled with this promo:

The Last of Us $29.99 TRU PM (they wouldn't match NewEgg $27.99 price)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 $29.86 amazon PM

Mario & Luigi Dream Team $28.42 amazon PM (free)

Lightning Returns steelbook Target exclusive X360 $39.99 amazon PM

Lightning Returns steelbook Target exclusive PS3 $39.99 amazon PM

FFX/X2 HD LE $39.99 (free)

Probably going to do at least one more at the $40 level with a PM of Windwaker HD, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, and something else probably 1st party Nintendo - isn't DKCRTF or Super Mario 3D World also on sale somewhere for $40ish?  Might do a set with some Pokemon games or other 3DS/DS Nintendo 1st party if I can find them discounted.

Man this sale was good to me.

Got Infamous Second Son LE & Dynasty Warriors 8XLCE for $40, Zoo Tycoon for $20 (with Best Buy PM), and both PS4 & X1 Ground Zeroes for $20 each.

Just get a filler $40 game rather than settling. Return the filler game and keep your other two @ $26.66 each.
On the receipt, it says "All items must be returned for full refund." So technically are they not allowed to return just one game? I have a feeling I might get a person that says I have to return all of the games.

On the receipt, it says "All items must be returned for full refund." So technically are they not allowed to return just one game? I have a feeling I might get a person that says I have to return all of the games.
Right above that, under each game, it says "Refund value: $xx.xx". Like in this example:

Definitely stack Amazon price-matching with this sale if you can. I managed some pretty sweet deals last time that way.

zY4R9Yxl.jpg
It tells you the refund value right on the receipt. You are essentially getting 33% off each game.

When you return one or two games, you aren't getting a full refund. This prevents people from trying to keep the free game and returning just the other two. If you want a full refund, you have to return all three games. It should have no impact on returning individual games for the refund value listed on the receipt.

bread's done
Back