target b2g1 video games starting 11-7-21

I have one of those only store merchandise cards that I can't use online so I can't take advantage of this deal. I really only want Spider man MM ultimate for PS5 but won't be able to get it for $50 since I can't cancel games in the store lol. I'll see if there is a black friday deal on it. Some people are selling it for $40 brand new on offer up but won't get back to me.

**EDIT** It's not included in the sale anyway so I don't even have to think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you play board games, the b2g1 stacks with the 25% off circle offer. If you get the 25% off to apply to the game you want you can basically get 50% off a board game

I have one of those only store merchandise cards that I can't use online so I can't take advantage of this deal. I really only want Spider man MM ultimate for PS5 but won't be able to get it for $50 since I can't cancel games in the store lol. I'll see if there is a black friday deal on it. Some people are selling it for $40 brand new on offer up but won't get back to me.
Just return the extra games

Pretty dissapointing. Thought about far cry 6 gold edition it would be 80 but I’ll take my chances waiting for even lower. Thought about Alan wake too. Really wish gta remastered was part of the deal. Sucks pre orders don’t count and they just shove it on ur face with elden ring CE eligible but sold out lmao

Well this was dull
Since my backlog is so huge, I rarely purchase anything during these kinds of sales anymore unless I can find three clearance games to buy in one transaction. I might try price-matching Amazon or Best Buy when I go into the store, but I'm not even sure that's worth doing anymore.

that shouldn't matter when it comes to earning rewards for purchases though
"If you are paying with a RedCard, instead of earning 1% to redeem at Target later, you’ll continue to save 5% right away. Restrictions apply to the RedCard 5% discount. See program rules."

And yeah this sucked pretty hard. Gamepass has me covered.

I thought clearance games were excluded from the b2g1 promo.
I haven't purchased anything during one of these sales in a long time, but after checking the terms, I think you're right. I have to go into a store later, so I'll see if it'll work or not and then report back.

Only new preorders I see are Crystar switch and Chorus for multiple platforms.

Oh outcast 2 on Xbox as well

"If you are paying with a RedCard, instead of earning 1% to redeem at Target later, you’ll continue to save 5% right away. Restrictions apply to the RedCard 5% discount. See program rules."

And yeah this sucked pretty hard. Gamepass has me covered.
I know what the policy is. what I am saying is it is dumb to have a rewards program that doesn't work when you use the companies cc.

Grabbed guardians of the galaxy PS5 for $40 plus tax after cancelling the other 2 games in the order. I doubt it's going to go any lower since it just came out. Just need to wait for the order ready email so I can go pick it up. 

ugh, was really hoping I could get Pokemon Sword, Shield, and the double pack for the new two and get one free for my kid. no go 

Grabbed guardians of the galaxy PS5 for $40 plus tax after cancelling the other 2 games in the order. I doubt it's going to go any lower since it just came out. Just need to wait for the order ready email so I can go pick it up.
I can pretty much guarantee guardians will be 25 or 30 somewhere on BF

if it does I can always buy it and return that unopened copy to target then. I don't think gaming deals are going to be all that great on BF.
I don't foresee a lot of deals on anything with supply chain constraints. On the business end, why discount products when inventory and allocation are already severely strained?

Wow, I wasnt expecting so many ps5 games to be excluded.

I just got my ps5 and was looking forward to this to get my games for it.

I got Lost Judgment and canceled the other 2. Everything else should be cheaper for Black Friday

I can pretty much guarantee guardians will be 25 or 30 somewhere on BF
I could maybe see $30. If history is any indication, Avengers was $30 last year for black Friday, but a slightly different situation with that game releasing in August and audience reception being worse. I think it's more likely to be $35-$40 since it released less than a month ago. If it was Ubi I'd agree.

Wow, I wasnt expecting so many ps5 games to be excluded.

I just got my ps5 and was looking forward to this to get my games for it.

I got Lost Judgment and canceled the other 2. Everything else should be cheaper for Black Friday
And here I thought lost judgement would be cheaper on Black Friday since it came out september

Wanted Caligula Effect 2. So bought it and two other $49 games then cancelled them. I’m happy with paying $35
Grabbed Caligula Effect 2 on the last Buy 2 Get 1 Free go around and still waiting for Target to ship the PS4 version. Has been back ordered since release date. Hope you get yours soon...

If I get all three and return one is it similar to cancelling and each one is 33% off (if all originally same price) or is it a return entire package deal? That is, is the discount applied evenly to all games and thus returning one after delivery doesn't negate the discount on the non-returned items?

If I get all three and return one is it similar to cancelling and each one is 33% off (if all originally same price) or is it a return entire package deal? That is, is the discount applied evenly to all games and thus returning one after delivery doesn't negate the discount on the non-returned items?
Returning works the same way. The discount is spread out among each item.

You can get the pandemic version of wrath of the lich king for ~$30 if you stack the 25% off toy offer.

Target really dodged a bullet with Elden Ring CE pre-orders. It's included on the list but it's not coming back in stock until the day it releases given their track record. From should have waited a week to announce pre-orders; that would have been slick.

Overall shit sale; they're price-gouging on games that have no business being full MSRP, some even years old. Pretty much the worst abuse I've seen from Target when it comes to that, and everything else is on Game Pass so it's a complete waste of a sale. Far Cry 6 will be $25 by BF and the one game I did order was Just Dance 2022 for the wife, but chances are I'll be contacting them for a PM to $20-25 if my predictions are correct.

Does anyone think Tales of arise will be cheaper than $35 for BF? Debating but it seems a prime game for a discount.
That's what I was thinking. With my current backlog by the time I get around to having time to play it would have prob hit $20 by then. Black Friday think it has the chance of $25 or $30 with $40 at the worst.

You can get the pandemic version of wrath of the lich king for ~$30 if you stack the 25% off toy offer.
I forgot about that hmmmm. . .not sure when I'd get it to the table though; our LGS just had a "dinged" sale where we scored a Cthulu May Die for $45 and Starcadia Quest for $30! Insane prices on those just cuz they were open box and never been played.

Edit: Grabbed two as one will make a perfect gift and the other I can put on the pile of will be played one day lol.

I forgot about that hmmmm. . .not sure when I'd get it to the table though; our LGS just had a "dinged" sale where we scored a Cthulu May Die for $45 and Starcadia Quest for $30! Insane prices on those just cuz they were open box and never been played.
I have started to expect most of the cmon base games to eventually hit 50% off on sale at one of the OLGS since you miss out on all the KS exclusives.

I have started to expect most of the cmon base games to eventually hit 50% off on sale at one of the OLGS since you miss out on all the KS exclusives.
Miniature Market tends to have a lot of KS exclusives on sale eventually. I'm kicking myself now for not grabbing some of the firesale Starcadia stuff they had a while back for dirt cheap.

Miniature Market tends to have a lot of KS exclusives on sale eventually. I'm kicking myself now for not grabbing some of the firesale Starcadia stuff they had a while back for dirt cheap.
It's funny how MM sometimes has cheaper prices on their ebay account than on their actual site

Grabbed a cheaper :ps4: Blue Reflection: Second Light which will probably never get a sale or discount before going out of print (it's a pre-order but the game comes out this week). Added a couple of Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires for Xbox One/S/X in the cart to keep the deal Koei Tecmo themed before cancelling both of them accordingly (buying the PS4/PS5 version...)

I grabbed Forza Horizon 5 standard edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator and NIS Classics Volume 1. Only one of those three that I think has a chance of a decent Black Friday sale is Microsoft Flight Simulator. I don’t have gamepass so I’m pretty happy with this B2G1.

Amazon has the same deal but the selection is pretty limited. One of the games is Hades for $20 on PS4 or PS5. A friend and myself are going in and looking for a 3rd person. Basically costs around $14+tax for each copy. Looking for 1 person to go in with us.

bread's done
Back