target b2g1 video games starting 11-7-21

Since it comes out just a week before Black Friday I’d be surprised to see more than $10 discount on it. Especially since it’s so cute. Went ahead and ordered the ps5 deluxe for $33
I’m guessing at this point, a vast majority of the games that came out Nov 1 or later are probably going to be at their best price with these deals versus anything on BF. I simply don’t see Kena, Disco Elysium, Forza Horizon 5, Battlefield, or Duty being cheaper than if you buy 3 and cancel the other 2.

If you do b2g1, use Target Circle earnings, and then cancel 2 of the games, do the full Circle earnings apply to the remaining game or are 2/3 of the Circle earnings returned to your account?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nier replicant is on sale and included in the b2g1 so ends up being about $30 with red card before tax. I wonder if this is as low as it will go. Been waiting for a drop and it has held strong. Not in a huge hurry to play it though. Put in an order for Kena, might cancel it though as delivery shows thanksgiving day and I don't really want someone to have to deliver a package that day, but it likely would get delayed to Friday I imagine.

Kena bridge or spirits is part of the sale now
Thanks for mentioning this--preordered a copy using the cancellation trick.

this isnt a limited release or anything weird like that right?

was planning to get this one at 10-15 bucks or smth
Not as far as I know, but I don't mind paying ~$34+tax to support the developers on their first major release.

I wanted to get the two Star Wars 2 packs for Switch but was having a hard time finding a third item around the same price I wanted.  Glad I waited because now I was able to get Disco Elysium as the third.  

If you do b2g1, use Target Circle earnings, and then cancel 2 of the games, do the full Circle earnings apply to the remaining game or are 2/3 of the Circle earnings returned to your account?
Earnings are always refunded if something is canceled/returned. I'd imagine that it would unfortunately be spread out across all 3 so you'd have a partial refund. Better than nothing but not ideal sure.

Has iam8bit said whether the Switch version of Disco Elysium will see a standard retail release like the PS4 and XBox versions?  They have that super overpriced CE on their site, and that is it so far.

Shin Megami Tensei V is back in stock for the B2G1 (shipping or local pickup as available). Comes out to around $43 per copy … haven’t seen the game listed in any BF ads yet, so this may be as good as it gets for a recent Switch release.

Anyone know if I could do a price adjust on GOTG PS5 since it'll be on sale for BF for $30? I did the order 3 and cancel 2 to get it for $39.99 with in store pickup. Wondering if I would have to return/rebuy it for the new price or if like bestbuy they will price match themselves and refund me back $10. 

Anyone know if I could do a price adjust on GOTG PS5 since it'll be on sale for BF for $30? I did the order 3 and cancel 2 to get it for $39.99 with in store pickup. Wondering if I would have to return/rebuy it for the new price or if like bestbuy they will price match themselves and refund me back $10.
I don't think any store price matches during BF.

SMT V b2g1 pre-order shipped and should arrive Wednesday.

Target is price matching everything of theirs during Black Friday.
Looked into it more and think you're right. Best Buy and Walmart do not pm during Black Friday, but it seems Target does.

My pre-order of Blue Reflection got push back until 11/30. Not sure if I should just cancel the order. I got my PS4 Story of Seasons and it came with a pink cow toy. 

How does the price get pro-rated on the buy 3, cancel 2 trick? Is it a discount percentage, or the price for all three divided by the quantity? The latter sounds too good to be true, but just making sure I understand before buying SMTV and two other games.

0p7Faw1.png

the tax total amount will appear like its for all 3 items but gets adjusted when the item ships

If you really want to see the correct tax immediately you can buy three different items of the same $ value and cancel the other two you don’t want. Tax will be prorated correctly. If it’s the same game x3 the tax will be off temporarily but should be fixed once shipped.

Brickseek and Target website stock are off for instore right now. No copies of Shen Magami Tensei V steelbook shown on either for my area but visited a store at lunch that had 5+ of them. 🤔

Also nice to have until 1/24/22 to return.

How does the price get pro-rated on the buy 3, cancel 2 trick? Is it a discount percentage, or the price for all three divided by the quantity? The latter sounds too good to be true, but just making sure I understand before buying SMTV and two other games.
The cheapest game will be spread across all 3 games in an amount proportionate to each games price.

If you buy 3 $60 games the free 60 will be spread evenly….20 off each making them 40 each.

If you buy a 60, 60 and 30 game the 30 will be split with 12 off of one of the 60, 12 off the other 60 and 6 off the 30 making them 48, 48 and 24

You should ALWAYS buy the same priced games for the biggest discount.

Just Dance 2022 is on sale for $29.99 for the Seitch, Xbox and ps4 (but not ps5). It still qualifies for the B2G1 so you can get it for $20 which beats the Black Friday price for it.

Target must have oversold on a lot of their new releases/preorders.  Just had to approve a delay of a bunch of games including the new Blue Reflection.  Hopefully they get sent in the next couple weeks.

Target must have oversold on a lot of their new releases/preorders. Just had to approve a delay of a bunch of games including the new Blue Reflection. Hopefully they get sent in the next couple weeks.
Either that or the ones they have set aside for preorders are in a delayed shipment on a boat/container/pallet somewhere given the nightmare going on for shipping and transport. Which will only get worse since we are getting closer and closer to thanksgiving xmas etc and such by the day. Lots of retailers have had issues getting smt5 out to people for example so this isn't a problem exclusive to target. Though it is possible that they didn't expect the demand for stuff like blue reflection to be so high given its a niche game and all and how few copies the first one sold. I don't think they were expecting it to be part of buy 2 get 1 free sales on multiple places.

Lesson learned: Don't try to pm and get b2g1 (at least not online). It doesn't work the way you think. The b2g1 is calculated first with the discount distributed evenly among the three games, and then the pm occurs after. So let's say you order three $60 games that are on sale elsewhere for $40. You may think you're going to pay $80 total for the three games, but not quite. The b2g1 happens first, so $60 / 3 =  $20 deducted from each game. Now when the pm happens, there is no discount to give since the games are already $40 each. Your total ends up being $120.

Seasonal help...didn't even look up using their scanner, just looked at my phone.

Plus a lot of people picking up PS5's and Series X's.

Also, putting all the items you want to price match in your BB online cart so you don't have to search each title and the cart doesn't show "Black Friday" anything.

Seasonal help...didn't even look up using their scanner, just looked at my phone.

Plus a lot of people picking up PS5's and Series X's.

Also, putting all the items you want to price match in your BB online cart so you don't have to search each title and the cart doesn't show "Black Friday" anything.
Ah ok that makes sense. Most of the time they scan it. Which is the only annoying thing I don’t like about target. They make sure everything matches

My stores do price matching in electronics as well as self checkout...they are a lot less strict with the rules vs. customer service.

Good luck!

Lesson learned: Don't try to pm and get b2g1 (at least not online). It doesn't work the way you think. The b2g1 is calculated first with the discount distributed evenly among the three games, and then the pm occurs after. So let's say you order three $60 games that are on sale elsewhere for $40. You may think you're going to pay $80 total for the three games, but not quite. The b2g1 happens first, so $60 / 3 = $20 deducted from each game. Now when the pm happens, there is no discount to give since the games are already $40 each. Your total ends up being $120.
It seems like they might've changed the way they do their PMs now. I've also had them deduct my Red Card discount from the PM so the total ends up being exactly the same price as the competitor. It sucks because the main reason I'm PM'ing with them is to get the RC discount. They used to just match the price and let the other discounts and offers do their thing.

Question - purchased 3 copies of GTA 5 so that me and my buddies can all play online. Turns out one of my buddies already has the game. If I return the game to the store I should just get 1/3 back from my total amount I paid right?

No issues price matching at my local target.  I was in and out of there in 10 minutes and the place is 4 min from my house.  BF shopping done for the year.  Too easy.  

If you cancel 2 and it goes under the free shipping threshold (3x $40 = just around $29 for one) will you still get free shipping?

I’m pissed my target didn’t have lost judgement but was able to price match and do b2g1 so $60 for 3 $30 games

They didn’t have to scan em but just checked if the prices were right cuz they could get fired

bread's done
Back