target b2g1 video games starting 11-7-21

Battlefield 2042 is Included for b2g1 free. Not sure if it always was.
Don't think it was during the first week of b2g1, but it has been all this week. Reading feedback and watching matches of it though, Vanguard is looking the better of the two to me. Think I'm going to stick with Halo mp for now and hope that once it's out of "beta", we get selectable game modes instead of the current randomness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Target price match the Best Buy BF prices and still do the buy 2 get 1?
Yes but ymmv. What u do is price match 3 games then b2g1 applies automatically. What freaking sucks is games like Alan wake are not instore, Nioh collection, hades, metro exodus, oddworld, etc omfg

Elex II is now an option for this sale … the original wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I loved it. The sequel is due out sometime between the middle and end of next year.

Elex II is now an option for this sale … the original wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I loved it. The sequel is due out sometime between the middle and end of next year.
Elex was one of my favorite games of last gen. Elex 2 has been part of the sale for about a week but I was hoping more games would be added that I want. About to go in for it now. Elex 2 releases March 1st.

Should I bite on far cry 6 gold edition for $60 after b2g1 and cancel 2? The CAG inside of me is telling me to hold out. Hmm decisions…

Should I bite on far cry 6 gold edition for $60 after b2g1 and cancel 2? The CAG inside of me is telling me to hold out. Hmm decisions…
I bit & will see if it gets cheaper over next few weeks. Will return if that happens

Season pass itself is 40 bucks & you get a steelbook. If you don’t care about steelbook & can wait a few months, game & season pass would be available for 40 bucks (20+20). But if you want steelbook, this would be a decent deal even with future drop in prices

Appreciate the heads up. Grabbed it and cancelled the 2 others. Probably wont get it till a week after release, but worst case I'll grab it somewhere else day one and return it when I get the target copy in.

How do B2G1 Free Returns work?  Is it prorated or do they just take off the value?  And what happens if it's the "free" title?  Having trouble deciding what to get and I don't want to run into problems later if I change my mind

How do B2G1 Free Returns work? Is it prorated or do they just take off the value? And what happens if it's the "free" title? Having trouble deciding what to get and I don't want to run into problems later if I change my mind
Pro-rated. There's no 'free' title - all pro-rated.

How do B2G1 Free Returns work? Is it prorated or do they just take off the value? And what happens if it's the "free" title? Having trouble deciding what to get and I don't want to run into problems later if I change my mind
I asked the same question earlier, no response. The best I can figure is that the prorating means they divide the cheapest title into three discounts on each title.

3 $60 games translates to (60/3) $20 off per title. 2 $60 games and a $30 game translates to (30/3) $10 off per title. It isn't the same as other forms of prorating, unfortunately.

I asked the same question earlier, no response. The best I can figure is that the prorating means they divide the cheapest title into three discounts on each title.

3 $60 games translates to (60/3) $20 off per title. 2 $60 games and a $30 game translates to (30/3) $10 off per title. It isn't the same as other forms of prorating, unfortunately.
I saw the prorating comment and looked into it. I went through my order history and found a previous B2G1 order. If you go to details, then invoice, then back to details or something like that, you can actually see what Target charges for each item. I didn't try to figure out how they did it, but it shows the math / exact charge for each item.

The cheapest game will be spread across all 3 games in an amount proportionate to each games price.

If you buy 3 $60 games the free 60 will be spread evenly….20 off each making them 40 each.

If you buy a 60, 60 and 30 game the 30 will be split with 12 off of one of the 60, 12 off the other 60 and 6 off the 30 making them 48, 48 and 24

You should ALWAYS buy the same priced games for the biggest discount.

I responded to your question 4 days ago.

People need to stop calling this a "trick." It's just how these sorts of returns work. Target has always done it this way.

Now, if you keep doing it, I'm sure the company may flag you at some point.

Question. Jumped the gun too early on b2g1 at target and found cheaper elsewhere now; even when factoring in b2g1. Games haven’t been opened and have receipts, so planning to return them. Any possible issues that might come up if I do this?

To be clear, I’m not looking for a price match, b2g1 deal; I know that’s no longer an option as of Sunday. Just want a refund; store credit only is fine.

Question. Jumped the gun too early on b2g1 at target and found cheaper elsewhere now; even when factoring in b2g1. Games haven’t been opened and have receipts, so planning to return them. Any possible issues that might come up if I do this?

To be clear, I’m not looking for a price match, b2g1 deal; I know that’s no longer an option as of Sunday. Just want a refund; store credit only is fine.
Nope no issues. The b2g1 discount is prorated across all games, so none are actually viewed as "free" and you can return only 1 of the set if you want with no issues.

People need to stop calling this a "trick." It's just how these sorts of returns work. Target has always done it this way.

Now, if you keep doing it, I'm sure the company may flag you at some point.
Eh, Target is happy to keep returning customers unlike Amazon. If they really cared, it would have been fixed years ago.

Didn’t wanna bother the employee that didn’t seem to care at electronics and went to customer service to price match a game that shows up as a Black Friday deal at Walmart (riders republic). Customer service told me to go to cashiers near self checkout and they just checked the price on my phone, didn’t scan it. I’d probably checkout there from now on whenever I can

They just don’t care. They prefer it this way. They just see it as a 33% off sale (less if all games aren’t same price). They do it like this so you can’t return the two and keep the free one. Every single target promo works like this whether it’s B2G1 or free $5 GC with purchase. The “freebie” always comes off in part from the paid for items. 

Yup that’s what annoys me with target’s b2g1 cancel. Sometimes games ship right away like deathloop ps5. Kena is backordered. The medium is coming next month and can’t cancel now since it’s processing or whatever.

My SMT V isn't set to arrive till the 10th. It's crazy that I could order the game today and get it sooner.

Wondering if I should use my $15 target circle on Alan wake now or wait for another b2g1 in December but then again seems like Sony game are usually excluded from b2g1 so no ghost of Tsushima, Intergrade or ratchet and clank..

Ended up using target circle on GT anniversary edition. Glad it worked on a Sony game.

It's strange times for me when I've ordered only one game for this promo yet five books and two board games, all of which are gifts except a single book for me.

Normally I'd have bought at least one game by now, but there's just nothing this year. . .

Anyone else still have games that still haven't shipped? Just missing one at this point but its been stuck on preparing to ship for over a week

bread's done
Back