Target Clearance Thread XXII

The employee generally only asks if you need help one time and goes away. If you are constantly being asked that, then they possibly could be monitoring you. I was taking a long time rummaging through a pile of clearance games one time (since as a collector, I'm really picky about choosing a copy in perfect condition with no loose disc), and they kept on bugging me as well.
I should rephrase, it is not one employee it is several. Asking one time is not bad, but having them come up to you and ask every time you see a new one is annoying. I am usually there right at 8 a.m. and there are many of them around. They have pallets on floor restocking and boxes thrown in aisles to stock. It is almost worse than Walmart overnight stocking. So it is not just one employee asking over and over, but one not realizing that I was just asked 2 aisles over.

I should rephrase, it is not one employee it is several. Asking one time is not bad, but having them come up to you and ask every time you see a new one is annoying. I am usually there right at 8 a.m. and there are many of them around. They have pallets on floor restocking and boxes thrown in aisles to stock. It is almost worse than Walmart overnight stocking. So it is not just one employee asking over and over, but one not realizing that I was just asked 2 aisles over.
Best Buy is the worst with this. I swear to god, EVERYONE in best buy approaches you and asks you if you need help. I just want to wear a shirt that says NO when I go into best buy.

Best Buy is the worst with this. I swear to god, EVERYONE in best buy approaches you and asks you if you need help. I just want to wear a shirt that says NO when I go into best buy.
I rarely ever get asked at any BB stores I go to. Now those Direct TV people at Best Buy, that's a different story. I have to run away when I see them coming.

I rarely ever get asked at any BB stores I go to. Now those Direct TV people at Best Buy, that's a different story. I have to run away when I see them coming.
I hate those direct tv people.

I did get a funny story out of it though.

When I was pregnant, I somehow convinced my husband to go buy me some games because I would need it for when I was on maternity leave waiting to go into labor (never mind that I already have a huge backlog). Anyways, whenever I go game shopping he generally leaves me to myself and wanders off to go look at other stuff or sit in the corner looking bored, so this time was no different, I think he went to go check out TVs. As I was checking out games, I see a direct tv guy approaching, luckily there was a guy nearby me looking at games too so he stopped to chat up this guy before me. The guy politely tells him no to his questions, but the direct tv guy keeps pushing and asks something along the lines of "why won't you buy don't you make the decisions? Don't you want to watch sports package" and no lie, he turns to me and goes hunny are you ok? Is it time? Let me go get the car!!! And runs off leaving the direct tv guy and me with the most confused look on my face as I struggle to right myself back up from picking up a game on the bottom shelf :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tell them you already have DirecTV service, that usually takes care of them immediately. If they try for an upsell tell them you just subscribed and got the full package already, but thanks anyway.

I hate those direct tv people.

I did get a funny story out of it though.

When I was pregnant, I somehow convinced my husband to go buy me some games because I would need it for when I was on maternity leave waiting to go into labor (never mind that I already have a huge backlog). Anyways, whenever I go game shopping he generally leaves me to myself and wanders off to go look at other stuff or sit in the corner looking bored, so this time was no different, I think he went to go check out TVs. As I was checking out games, I see a direct tv guy approaching, luckily there was a guy nearby me looking at games too so he stopped to chat up this guy before me. The guy politely tells him no to his questions, but the direct tv guy keeps pushing and asks something along the lines of "why won't you buy don't you make the decisions? Don't you want to watch sports package" and no lie, he turns to me and goes hunny are you ok? Is it time? Let me go get the car!!! And runs off leaving the direct tv guy and me with the most confused look on my face as I struggle to right myself back up from picking up a game on the bottom shelf :lol:
Now THAT is hilarious. Although, wtf is up with your husband's lack of interest in games?!?

Not clearance but Tomb Raider PS3 /360 is $20 now if you want it for the steelbook
Those were wiped out in the LA area during the "free"/$1 Tomb Raider shennanegans (pricematch combined with preorder card discount)...surprised any store still has those Target exclusive steelbooks.

Those were wiped out in the LA area during the "free"/$1 Tomb Raider shennanegans (pricematch combined with preorder card discount)...surprised any store still has those Target exclusive steelbooks.
I was at a store today that had 5 360 steels and 10 PS3 steels. They actually didn't have any "regular" copies of the game that I saw.

Now THAT is hilarious. Although, wtf is up with your husband's lack of interest in games?!?
The only game's I ever see him get excited about are the street fighter arcade machines, other than that he doesn't play. Maybe once in a blue moon for like 10 minutes. He's always been into other stuff. I know we're a little backwards, since typically the wife isn't the one who likes video games, etc.

What was even funnier is when my husband came up to me like 5 minutes laters and grabbed my butt as a greeting, direct tv guy looked so confused :lol:

Quick question, Target clearance prices automatically show up when they're scanned at the register right? They don't have to press a button like at toys r us? Target employee told me some game wasn't any cheaper than what it was scanned/stickered, but he acted a little weird when the price popped up on the screen. He wouldn't even show me the screen. I'm starting now to think he pocketed the game for himself to buy later….

I also have the same question as above.
I asked to check the price of the Wii Party U bundle, and she used her gun. No clearance but all the other games mentioned here (except the walking dead for the wii u) were marked as clearance. Does it have to be scanned at the register to show up?

Also, when an item rings up as out of the system does it work like Kmart does? I checked a Skylanders bundle, marked $20 clearance to see if it dropped to $10 & it came up as that.

It doesn't need to be scanned at the register. If you can scan the item at a price checker yourself or if you enter its DPCI, you can see what it will ring up as at the register.

Also, when an item rings up as out of the system does it work like Kmart does? I checked a Skylanders bundle, marked $20 clearance to see if it dropped to $10 & it came up as that.
I've been told that it's supposed to be salvaged so they're not supposed to sell it to me but then the manager will usually sell it at the last clearance price. Be aware though that some stuff will come up like that on the scanners on the floor but will come up with a price on the handheld scanners and registers.

ZxDlAck.jpg

Is Gears of War 3: Limited Edition for $35 worth it?
honestly in my opinion no it is not. It been $35 for a Whole Year literally, it was $35 on the website even during Christmas of 2012 and yet still in stock. It doesn't include much either. no steelbook either. it basically just the Game + a cardboard box, a flag, a bunch of papers, and a tiny metal/plastic piece and a dlc for exclusive adam fenix. Not worth it considering how cheap the stand alone game is now.

Includes:​
  • An Octus award box with Octus service medal: A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn. Dimensions: 77 mm (3 in.) x 10 mm (0.4 in.)
  • Exclusive unlockable Adam Fenix multiplayer character: Each Octus service medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
  • A fabric COG Flag: Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
  • The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his "Last Will and Testament," the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.

To be fair that's like 70% of their job.
It must be. They certainly aren't spending any time organizing shelves or keeping price stickers updated.

It's some Solar energy company salespeople at my local BB now and they are somehow even more persistent than the DTV guys.

It must be. They certainly aren't spending any time organizing shelves or keeping price stickers updated.
It basically was when I left there and the people that I know still working there say it still basically is. The rest is selling service plans. Really, there's little to nothing they're needed for beyond that.

If there are no numbers on the scanner, hold the last button for a few seconds to get an on-screen keypad.
Will keep that in mind. I've always just wandered around until I found the single one with buttons.

If there are no numbers on the scanner, hold the last button for a few seconds to get an on-screen keypad.
Finally it has been explained!

I shall now be looking up every possible game clearance now lol.

No longer need to get an employee.

The Transformers clearance at the two stores I've been to so far was moved off the aisles onto the clearance end caps, they have these ugly giant non-transforming Titan line figures there now with a bunch of empty peg hooks.  A couple things went to 70 but most of it was still 30 or 50.  Did grab one guy that was half opened for $4 since he didn't seem to be missing anything.

not clearance per se,  but my target had last chance video games (where they normally have the clearance games)  some were MSRP *cough* AC3LE for $120 *cough*

all were buy 1 get one at equal or lesser value for free.

edit:  typed too fast, made errors

not clearance per say, but my target had last chance video games (where they normally have the clearance games) some were MSRP *cough* AC3LE for $120 *cough*

all were buy 1 get one at equal or lesser value for free.
Saw a Ghosts HE for PS3 in one of those sections today.

I know people have been knocking that Westinghouse tv, but would it be worth it at $138 plus tax for a new in box one?

(upgrading from a similar Memorex I got at Kmart in 2010 that's a 26")

I know people have been knocking that Westinghouse tv, but would it be worth it at $138 plus tax for a new in box one?

Is it going to be great? Probably not. Will it be acceptable enough for $140? Yeah, probably.

What I tell most people is that these off brand sets are basically a gamble and they tend to either flame out or last as long as a name brand. Quality control and quality of components (ones with less durability) is the biggest things these Chinese manufacturers can cut to lower cost. I've had a ProScan for about five years that's still going strong. If you're OK with the chance that it could go on you shortly after the warranty then go for it, if not then save up for a name brand.

Saw a Ghosts HE for PS3 in one of those sections today.

When the Westinghouse I had burned out I looked into why, apparently they use extremely cheap parts, for example cheap resistors iirc can have up to a 15- 20% acceptable variance, which when you have a ton of parts tends to even out.

However you can have all the parts at the high end of variance in the same direction, which is bad.

TL;DR, If you can get one for cheap enough that you'd be okay if it burnt out in a year, go for it. If it only lasts a year, no disappointments. If it lasts longer, Bonus!

When the Westinghouse I had burned out I looked into why, apparently they use extremely cheap parts, for example cheap resistors iirc can have up to a 15- 20% acceptable variance, which when you have a ton of parts tends to even out.

However you can have all the parts at the high end of variance in the same direction, which is bad.

TL;DR, If you can get one for cheap enough that you'd be okay if it burnt out in a year, go for it. If it only lasts a year, no disappointments. If it lasts longer, Bonus!
Isn't that what I said? ;)

bread's done
Back