Target Clearance Thread XXII

Last night I was the closing team member for Electronics at my local Target and while I was condensing my two carts of go-backs into one, I noticed that we had some Skylanders Giants stuff on clearance for $10 (or maybe $10.06 like some people are reporting at their local Target stores). I dunno if it was the starter pack that came with the portal or the pack for people who already owned a portal, but if it is the starter pack, that seems like a decent deal even though the reviews for the 3DS version of Giants aren't great. I'm gonna head over there before work tonight and get a better idea on what Skylander stuff is on clearance, and maybe even pick one up since I've been curious about those games (although I doubt I'll buy a lot of the figures even though we have that buy two get one free deal going on with them).

:wiiu: The Walking Dead Survival Instinct $24.98 207-30-0870
:360: Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout As Is $5.06
:ds: Scribblenauts $13.98 207-02-0742

some may have been posted already, but heres my list for today

Beyblade Metal Masters DS 13.98 @ 30% off 207 02 1799

Scribblenauts $13.98 @ 30% 207 02 0742

Aliens INfestation $13.98 @ 30% 207 02 0228

Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension 413.98 @ 30% 207 02 1097

My local Target marked down few Skylanders Giants Portal Pack for both 3DS & 360 $10.04  Also, they marked down Skylanders Giants Starter Pack for $10.04  kinda sad they didn't honor it.  I didn't fight for it coz i already owned it.

My local Target marked down few Skylanders Giants Portal Pack for both 3DS & 360 $10.04 Also, they marked down Skylanders Giants Starter Pack for $10.04 kinda sad they didn't honor it. I didn't fight for it coz i already owned it.
Hopefully I'll see one of those 3DS versions, I would buy it just for the Punch Pop Fizz.

My local Target marked down few Skylanders Giants Portal Pack for both 3DS & 360 $10.04 Also, they marked down Skylanders Giants Starter Pack for $10.04 kinda sad they didn't honor it. I didn't fight for it coz i already owned it.
I guess this is a good segway to report my findings from previous post, but the Portal Owners Pack (which I assume you mean is the Portal Pack) was $19.98 at my Target, and the Starters Pack was about $9-10 cheaper (I think it was $10.08 when I saw it) at the Target store I work at. About $20 (or less with my TM discount and REDCard) doesn't seem that bad for a first Skylanders game since it comes with a portal despite the fact that the 3DS version is supposedly not that great, but I know I would've jumped on it without question had it been the $10.08 I thought it was.

In response to your post, did the clearance sticker look like it was tampered with (those stickers are made so you can tell if someone tried to put it on another item to try to get it cheaper)? Had it not, I would ask if whoever checked you out could've honored it since Target employees are taught to make sure the shoppers are as happy as possible (although we do have some limits on what we can do without approval from the higher ups, but that sounds like something the cashier/Electronics TM could do without approval). At worst, they would've called the LOD/manager or GSA/person who watches the checkout lanes (depending on if you checked out at Electronics or the main checkout lanes) and they probably would tell them to give it to you at the clearance sticker price if it looks like it was put on there by mistake and not put on there by someone trying to cheat the store out of a few bucks.

Edit: Last time I chekced, my Target has one copy of Aliens: Infestation for the DS for ~$13-14 on clearance. For someone who has never seen an Alien/Aliens movie, is it worth getting? I remember hearing it's a good Metroidvania-style game and it's by WayForward, which are two pluses for my book. But, I'd like to know if it's something I'd enjoy if I haven't seen any of the movies (I know I should since at least the first two movies in the series are supposed to be pretty awesome).

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Last time I chekced, my Target has one copy of Aliens: Infestation for the DS for ~$13-14 on clearance. For someone who has never seen an Alien/Aliens movie, is it worth getting? I remember hearing it's a good Metroidvania-style game and it's by WayForward, which are two pluses for my book. But, I'd like to know if it's something I'd enjoy if I haven't seen any of the movies (I know I should since at least the first two movies in the series are supposed to be pretty awesome).
I got a sealed copy for around that price because I heard how good the game is from one of these threads (haven't played it yet). I think another CAG said it's being sold at an even lower price at TRU (tagged green clearance), assuming it's still available (someone mentioned to check all the bins as well since he found it there)

The St. Peters, MO Target had multiple copies of Metal Gear Rising in the XBox 360 plastic prison area listed as "Online Item" at $7.56. They still seemed to be factory sealed.

Clearance? as-is? Repackage?
Fire emblem was clearance. I saw 3 over a week ago before for $27.98 and talked myself out of it after walking it up to the register with NASCAR for $15 and a random copy of skyward sword for $20 I found.

So a couple days ago I was super suprised to see it back in the clearance section and now marked $11.98!

:vita: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition Online Item $4.76
:ps3: Lego Lord of the Rings Online Item $4.06
:ps3: Hitman Absolution As Is 5.06
:ps3: Just Dance 3 Target Edition Exclusive Online Item $4.16
:ps3: Mass Effect 2 As Is $5.06
:ps3: Spider-Man Edge of Time As Is $12.56

I have also noticed almost every Target store I am hitting in SoCal has at least one to two copies of Battlestar Galactica boxset hanging at clearance shelves, I wonder why?

I have also noticed almost every Target store I am hitting in SoCal has at least one to two copies of Battlestar Galactica boxset hanging at clearance shelves, I wonder why?
Probably more than I care to pay still but do you recall how much and BR or DVD?

Bought today (all PS3 - all marked As-Is):

Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 - $8.81

MLB 13 The Show - $3.51

NBA 2K12 - $1.31

Dirt 3 - $1.71

NASCAR Inside The Line - $1.71

Also saw (all PS3 - all marked As-Is):

Hitman Absolution - $1.71

Assassin's Creed II - $1.21

Max Payne 3 - $3.xx

Masters Historic Edition - $3.51

Generator Rex - $2.51

Sorcery - $1.xx

Little Big Planet Karting - $2.51

FYI - NASCAR trades for $12 at Best Buy

Hopefully I'll see one of those 3DS versions, I would buy it just for the Punch Pop Fizz.
I live in the same area as Masterkyo. It was just the Portal Owners packs that were marked down. These packs only include the Tree-Rex figure.

To get Punch Pop-Fizz, you have to purchase the 3DS Starter pack that includes the portal and three figures (Tree-Rex, Jet-Vac, and Punch Pop-Fizz). I got mine during that price-match + pre-order + mcd coupon fiasco at Target a year or so ago to get it for $1.

Disney Planes Wii U $6.04

DCPI 207-30-1452

WbSzzom.jpg

For MN cheapassgamers i noticed a Lego Batman Vita Bundle for $140 lazily hiding behind a Call of Duty monster edition at the Vadnais Heights store.
Glad I did not stop in there, was considering it but I didnt find anything at the Forrest Lake, Blaine, Fridley, Shoreview, Roseville or St. Paul (by Maplewood) so I decided to skip that one. Did see some Bose OE2 headphones marked at 30% and 50% and was no item found when I scanned them. Did not feel like asking an employee becuase I find them very annoying asking me the same question every two aisles. Did stop at the Kohls in Rosedale and all those emploees said to me was "Good Morning", I actually enjoyed that more than "Can I help you find something" every few aisles.

Weatherford, Texas store still had 4 copies of Pokemon White 2. I bought one for me. Still 3 left a couple hours ago. Price $10.48.

I think there might have been a copy of Scribblenauts, but I didn't look close.

Glad I did not stop in there, was considering it but I didnt find anything at the Forrest Lake, Blaine, Fridley, Shoreview, Roseville or St. Paul (by Maplewood) so I decided to skip that one. Did see some Bose OE2 headphones marked at 30% and 50% and was no item found when I scanned them. Did not feel like asking an employee becuase I find them very annoying asking me the same question every two aisles. Did stop at the Kohls in Rosedale and all those emploees said to me was "Good Morning", I actually enjoyed that more than "Can I help you find something" every few aisles.
The employee generally only asks if you need help one time and goes away. If you are constantly being asked that, then they possibly could be monitoring you. I was taking a long time rummaging through a pile of clearance games one time (since as a collector, I'm really picky about choosing a copy in perfect condition with no loose disc), and they kept on bugging me as well.

Kinda scared me. Really Westinghouse is that very bad? Now i have to go back buy 2 years warranty.
Well, everyone is different, but my Westinghouse from BF 2006 just shit out on me after years of heavy use.

My friend has also had one since early 2008 and it's still going...medium amount of use.

I love random As Is day at Target...

Picked up

:ps3: Sonic Generations As Is $7.48

:br: American Horror Story Season 1 As Is 10.06

:br: Disney Peter Pan Diamond Edition As is 7.48

:br: Tom and Jerry Giant Adventure As Is 5.06

:360: Street Fighter x Tekken As Is 5.06

Caveat Emptor, Had a Westinghouse TV, only lasted about 2 weeks after the 1 year warranty ended.
Literally just talked about this last night. Bought a 47in Westinghouse from best buy four years ago. Six months in the color was shot, anything black turned red, never saw anything like it. If I turned up the brightness making blacks turn grey, the issue went away. Magically after a few days it worked itself out. One week after the 12 month warranty, one week, it came back. I called to get it fixed or replaced and they refused, even though the issue was notified during the warranty. I bought a Panasonic a idea plasma three years ago and never looked back.

Kinda scared me. Really Westinghouse is that very bad? Now i have to go back buy 2 years warranty.
Not even bad, I'd say the worst.

If any of you had a Pokemon White 2 still at 17.48usd, you might want to go check them.  The beast at my main target instantly bought them all on Monday.  Went to my other Target today and they had some left.

Weatherford, Texas store still had 4 copies of Pokemon White 2. I bought one for me. Still 3 left a couple hours ago. Price $10.48.

I think there might have been a copy of Scribblenauts, but I didn't look close.
For Anyone in the weatherford, Texas area, the target here has the master tracks at 59.68 and some Pokemon w/w2 at 17.xx and I bought one w and a set of master tracks. Still a couple left of all three. Thanks guys and have a good one!
Fellow DFW CAG's! I Haven't been out that way in a while. I remember Azle being a gold mine for clearance though. My triangular are between Lewisville, Garland and Irving has been pretty dry for a while, al least for anything I'd be interested in. Any good finds out west?

Just came back from my local Target and PW2 was $10. 2 weeks ago it was $17 as said before. Brought it finally. Great deal yet again.
Good to see clearance price changes coming around at the same time for most places.

If any of you had a Pokemon White 2 still at 17.48usd, you might want to go check them. The beast at my main target instantly bought them all on Monday. Went to my other Target today and they had some left.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Went after work and found the lone copy at my store for $10 dropped from the $17 it had been sitting at for a few weeks. Electronics employee was bummed as he was planning to either buy it himself or let his friend pick it up tonight after work. He was kicking himself for not buying it last night after work.

Now the debate begins...trade this into GS next time a decent promo comes around and make a little money, or hold on to it for a while in hopes it will go up in value like previous Pokemon games?

Thanks for the heads up on this. Went after work and found the lone copy at my store for $10 dropped from the $17 it had been sitting at for a few weeks. Electronics employee was bummed as he was planning to either buy it himself or let his friend pick it up tonight after work. He was kicking himself for not buying it last night after work.

Now the debate begins...trade this into GS next time a decent promo comes around and make a little money, or hold on to it for a while in hopes it will go up in value like previous Pokemon games?
If the 50% trade bonus is still going on, I believe PW2 is getting something like $26 with Pro...

:3ds: Nintendogs + Cats As Is $10.06
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception As Is $5.06
:pc: Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition As Is $5.06
:ps3: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Online Item $7.56
:ds: Alvin and The Chipmunks Chipwrecked As Is $2.26
:360: Xbox Live Gold Starter Kit As Is $37.56

Probably more than I care to pay still but do you recall how much and BR or DVD?
I'm pretty sure it was BR and around $26, not sure what season, I'll have to double check.

bread's done
Back