Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

If we do CAG night, I'm admin on a server. As I said though it's 16 slots and no crits with all talk so if that bugs anyone we can do something else. Other than that though it's all vanilla.

But with a CAG night its more about the community than anything else so i think all talk wouldn't be too big of an issue

When we had the Cag Syndicate,(old TF2 group) we struggled to have more then 4 members in-game at a time; so in the past we have never filled a server.

A CAG night would be great, maybe set up a notification on the Steam group so that people who don't regularly visit this thread know about it.

We should do a CAG TF2 steam group so we can give more active people admin.

As for the trouble of filling it up, it's a clan server so clanmates + CAG members = booming server.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']We should do a CAG TF2 steam group so we can give more active people admin.[/QUOTE]
Yea that sure would be nice. Why haven't we already done that?
likethise.png

I'm not familiar with [CAG] Syndicate, but obviously it sounds like it was a semi-competitive TF2 clan. Either way, if you want to use that as the main group, add me! =p The only problem would be getting east coast people playing with west coast people, but I don't think it'd be too difficult-- just whenever anyone can show up is good enough. Also, if we do H2O server, it might be hard populating it unless your server is popular as is? If any case, just joining a random server would be good enough.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Do you have to be good to join? I can only play medic right now, and a mediocre one at best.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that would be mean.

[quote name='shinryuu']I'm not familiar with [CAG] Syndicate, but obviously it sounds like it was a semi-competitive TF2 clan.[/QUOTE]
While that was the intent, we dropped out of our first tournament due to lack of participants, so we couldn't really qualify ourselves as such.

Now, it doesn't matter, we might as well use it since we've already got 20 or so in there. Gimme Steam names and I'll give invites.

shinryuu and hydro, sent you invites.

Yeah, the arena was bleh. As for the game mode thing, no idea why it does that but at least it catches your eye when scrolling for servers :D

Hmmm, all the recent entries have been from our friend the Soldier. His unlocks are probably next.

The Soldier, if it bears repeating, is absolutely batshit.

UNLESS IT'S A FARM!

i've seen some pretty cool soldier ideas/drawings such as a double rocket launcher and a long shovel.

looking forward to whatever valve does and hopefully the heavy too.

[quote name='Serik']Hmmm, all the recent entries have been from our friend the Soldier. His unlocks are probably next.

The Soldier, if it bears repeating, is absolutely batshit.

UNLESS IT'S A FARM![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm guessing he'll be next, and then demo and engie will get a duel update since they are rival classes like the spy and sniper.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']My husband plays a very aggressive medic, and he made a series of screenshots from a good run he had to explain his play style to the regulars on the server we play on. I found his tutorial amusing, maybe others here would appreciate it too:
http://www.nerd-dungeon.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=814
I particularly like the last shot.[/QUOTE]

Hm, that's a very interesting way to play a medic. I've always done the heal everybody around you and whip out the blutsager when nobody needs healing or when the person you're healing dies. Obviously this looks super effective so I'm going to have to try it sometime.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Hm, that's a very interesting way to play a medic. I've always done the heal everybody around you and whip out the blutsager when nobody needs healing or when the person you're healing dies. Obviously this looks super effective so I'm going to have to try it sometime.[/QUOTE]This was a good run he had. Most of the time he just dies, lol. He is pretty decent at melee, and he must be lucky as he crits a lot. People often bitch he should do more healing, which is why the last panel is extra funny.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']My husband plays a very aggressive medic, and he made a series of screenshots from a good run he had to explain his play style to the regulars on the server we play on. I found his tutorial amusing, maybe others here would appreciate it too:

That's a fun way to play as long as you are still doing your job as a medic and healing people when they need it.

haha I wish I was in that server. I play medic a lot too

New to the game...gotta say I'm loving every bit of it. Don't really have a specific class I play, but I usually play as Solider, with a little mix of everything else.

had some good fun yesterday with a team full of people just trying to have a good time and were up for trying anything.

did full spy crab team, full engie team, full scout, full medic (super lulz we actually won that round) it was great.

We were the first team to play a match, we scheduled early. We won the match so according to the leaderboard, we're in first place. YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

I thought it was so awesome I set it as my desktop background.

YEAAAAAAAAAH.png

I was just doing some calculations to see what gameplay worth I got out of my games per hour and relating that to what I spent on my dead rig.

Anyways, I never spent any time in achievement servers or would I ever leave myself idle in servers but here you go:

Total playtime: 393.1 Hours
Cost of Orange Box: $60
$0.15/hr

I would comfortably say that 80% of that was spent on Dustbowl. Man, what a well-balanced game.

Is that the Studio Rumble server?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I was just doing some calculations to see what gameplay worth I got out of my games per hour and relating that to what I spent on my dead rig.

Anyways, I never spent any time in achievement servers or would I ever leave myself idle in servers but here you go:

Total playtime: 393.1 Hours
Cost of Orange Box: $60
$0.15/hr

I would comfortably say that 80% of that was spent on Dustbowl. Man, what a well-balanced game.[/QUOTE]

What an interesting way to break down a game. I gotta say, the closest i have to that ratio is Oblivion.

bread's done
Back