Tecmo Bowl Throwback League Disbanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 2 - Bills 14 - Dolphins 0
Week 10 - Bills 25 - Dolphins 0

Had a horrible time getting any offense going at all. Plus, week 2, snowing in Miami? What are we smoking over here?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Week 6:
Bears @ Vikings
Stabby Pete @ cuta

Cuta hosts and opts for the 2D. I have slight lag, but not enough to take me out of competition. Defensive oriented game, no scoring until the 4th quarter. cuta hits the go ahead field go with about half a minute on the clock, not enough time for me to answer. 10-7 Minnesota Win.

Week 13:

Vikings @ Bears
cuta @ Stabby Pete

I host the game in 3D. Not sure if cuta had bad lag or adjustment to 3D, but the final score ends up 23-0 Bears. Lots more turnovers on both sides. I seemed to have more time offensively this game, cuta was in my face the entire previous match.

Good games![/QUOTE]

The first game I kicked the winning field goal with 11 seconds left. I just knew that the clock would run out if I tried to do anything else.

Yeah I had some lag during the second game but it was fine with me cause I dealt with worst. You were in my face most of this game.

Week 8 - Lions W 16 @ Dolphins L 2

Man I really hate this 3D mode and I don't know whats up with the online in this game. I caught a punt in the endzone on my end and tried to do a touchback. It wouldn't let me and next thing I know I was tackled for a safety.

16-2 actually. ;)

For the safety, I figured that's what you were trying to do. To me, it looked like you were right on the line, so it might not've let you do a touchback because of that, dunno. Myself, could have gotten a field goal in...either late 3rd or early 4th, but I still would've needed ten points, so a FG was pointless to attempt.

As for 3D mode, since I had bad luck with 2D, I figured I'd try something different. It...kind of worked. But not really.

I like the 3d mode.. 2D mode kicking is easier, but other than that I dig it. 2D mode would be just as awesome if I could stretch it.

Week 13 - Dolphins 13 - Packers 10

Kind of crazy how this one ended up going down. With 38 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, I kicked off the ball, the screen never panned over and the players slid off screen until we were both staring at an empty field. I was up 6-3 at that point (thanks to a missed extra point). Started up a 2nd game, and with what would have been the final seconds of the game (I went 3 and out), I punted the ball again and the same graphical glitch happened. Crazy it happened right when time expired like that.

[quote name='wildcpac']Looks like N8 is going to go undefeated. I'll update the schedule with the scores later.[/QUOTE]

Haaaa, I doubt that. I've just been pretty fortunate so far with good defense and not many turnovers (except against Matt where my RB fumbled on back to back drives...damn you Thurman Thomas!!!). I have no question my luck will run out in at least one of my away games. Pure Apathy is damn good too.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Yeah the same thing happened with me and Matt when we played on of our games. I think the 3D mode is the cause of it to be honest.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that, but I don't know any more than you do on the subject. You have a wireless connection, right Devin? JStryke does. Obviously, the games did not disconnect, but most wireless connections are so inconsistent with their speed that maybe that caused a problem. I don't know. I'm just guessing like everyone else.

But I must say, as far as the possibility of the 3D being the cause of it- I have played numerous games offline with the 3D graphics and have not had such a glitch. It has to be something with the net code, if it's not a connection error.

And not that I need to clarify, but:

Dolphins 13, Packers 10 (Week 13)

I'm 1/4 of the way to 0-16! But 3 of my 4 losses have been by 9, 4, and 3 points, respectively. Not too bad, I guess.

I ended up staying on talking to JStryke for at least 30 minutes or so after the game ended. He's a cool dude. It's always nice to meet good people on Xbox Live, given all the nitwits that are on there.

[quote name='Matt Young']I doubt that, but I don't know any more than you do on the subject. You have a wireless connection, right Devin? JStryke does. Obviously, the games did not disconnect, but most wireless connections are so inconsistent with their speed that maybe that caused a problem. I don't know. I'm just guessing like everyone else.

But I must say, as far as the possibility of the 3D being the cause of it- I have played numerous games offline with the 3D graphics and have not had such a glitch. It has to be something with the net code, if it's not a connection error.

And not that I need to clarify, but:

Dolphins 13, Packers 10 (Week 13)

I'm 1/4 of the way to 0-16! But 3 of my 4 losses have been by 9, 4, and 3 points, respectively. Not too bad, I guess.

I ended up staying on talking to JStryke for at least 30 minutes or so after the game ended. He's a cool dude. It's always nice to meet good people on Xbox Live, given all the nitwits that are on there.[/QUOTE]

I have a wired connection. I'll be on after the Blackhawks game if anyone wants to play.

Honestly, I've had very little lag in 3D mode. Conversely, almost all my 2D games have been laggy. I don't think it's the 3D mode causing it, nor the 2D mode... it's just the game in general.

Yeah, I think most speculation and finger pointing just kinda skirts the real issue. It's good old fashioned random lag. Matt and I started our game twice because the first game he said was lagging pretty bad. The 2nd, he said was a little laggy, but not near as bad. Then, probably less than half way through the game, it stopped lagging for him altogether. But what he said he was experiencing was issues where he would have the cursor set on a receiver running a deep route, but then right before he went to throw the ball, it just automatically switched to a closer receiver.

Also, he said a few of the times my defense sacked him, he had pressed B to pass 2 seconds before my guys got to him. But yet, he wasn't noticing any lag. I've never experienced those kinds of issues, and I don't really know what could be causing them. The only thing I could think of was maybe his game data got corrupted, and maybe deleting and reinstalling would fix it. Just some weird problems to be having.

Matt isn't the only one that has issues. I have had trouble with lag also. I've had pass plays with no cursor on the screen or it comes up like 10 seconds later and my fave having to press buttons multilple times to run plays.

I didn't manage to get on last night. Regarding lag, in one of my games the other day, when I was not the host, I not only had some lag, though it wasn't bad and wasn't really a problem, but at one point part of the field turned into garbage. A vertical bar of random pixels and colors. The game played fine and the players ran over it without issues. I believe at the end of the quarter it cleared up.

Just a heads up that most of the time in the evening before 8pm CST I'm not always going to be available even if I'm online. I can't really commit to a game until my daughter goes to bed, sometimes I'm on to watch videos.

So sorry to any and all ignored invites.

So I do not offend anybody this is a little heads up. I am going to name #56 on the Giants Child Rapist. What the hell is LT thinking?

[quote name='wildcpac']So I do not offend anybody this is a little heads up. I am going to name #56 on the Giants Child Rapist. What the hell is LT thinking?[/QUOTE]

Too bad you couldn't change his jersey number to 15.

Finally put my schedule together for easy viewing purposes. I can play any time tonight if any of my remaining opponents are available.

Week 1 - Bills 14 @ Broncos 0
Week 2 - Bills 14 @ Dolphins 0
Week 3 - Chiefs @ Bills (XboxChromosome)
Week 4 - Jets @ Bills (DAHULK247)
Week 5 - Bills 7 @ Lions 21 (Pure Apathy)
Week 6 - Packers 0 @ Bills 9
Week 7 - Colts @ Bills (Regian)
Week 8 - Bye
Week 9 - Bills @ Jets (DAHULK247)
Week 10 - Dolphins 0 @ Bills 25
Week 11 - Bills @ Bears (Stabby Pete)
Week 12 - Bills @ Colts (Regian)
Week 13 - Bengals @ Bills (Nateeasy)
Week 14 - Bills 24 @ Raiders 6
Week 15 - Bills @ Steelers (vulcan7905)
Week 16 - Oilers @ Bills (statnut28)
Week 17 - Vikings @ Bills (cuta)

Record: 5-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Schedule with results has been updated. Standings will be done after every team has played 1 game. Please everybody get at least 1 game in by Saturday. I know I am speaking for myself as well.

n8's given up 6 points in 5 games... jesus.

I'll be around all weekend with nothing to do... I'll play till my fingers bleed.

[quote name='wildcpac']So I do not offend anybody this is a little heads up. I am going to name #56 on the Giants Child Rapist. What the hell is LT thinking?[/QUOTE]

We don't see your edited names online. Only you do.

[quote name='DestroVega']n8's given up 6 points in 5 games... jesus.
[/QUOTE]

Well, when he said yesterday after our game that he was going to go spend time with his wife rather than play Pure Apathy in Tecmo, I joked- after he told me how many years he and his spouse had been together- that he had spent way more time with her than with Tecmo Bowl, so she would understand. He said he wasn't so sure about having spent more time with her, LOL.

EDIT: And yay me for allowing the fewest points against n8baller.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, when he said yesterday after our game that he was going to go spend time with his wife rather than play Pure Apathy in Tecmo, I joked- after he told me how many years he and his spouse had been together- that he had spent way more time with her than with Tecmo Bowl, so she would understand. He said he wasn't so sure about having spent more time with her, LOL.

EDIT: And yay me for allowing the fewest points against n8baller.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was going to post the same thing. I think this game is like riding a bike for me. It all came back pretty quickly. And yeah, sadly, with me playing it every day for much of my childhood, it's quite possible that I've racked up 7 years of game time. I'll be beaten though. I'm pretty sure of that. Hell, Apathy was really half way there. It is nice having a good Buffalo team for once though. :)

And I don't mean to make Jstryke look bad or puff out my chest with this, but I was kind of astounded by it, so I have to share. In our second game (in which I was the home team), Jstryke didn't complete a pass the entire game and finished with -9 yards of total offense (-7 passing, -2 rushing), lol. It was freaking ridiculous. Something was in the Western NY water that day.

Raiders def Colts 9-3 in OT.

Nothing going for either of us on offense. Last drive I took it down nicely but with time expiring I accidentally punted instead of kicked the game winning field
goal. Luck wasn't on my side for the coin toss but thankfully the Colts shanked their 2nd fg of the game and I was able to score on a BOMB to Brown. He saved my ass again. Gg.

[quote name='ubernes']Raiders def Colts 9-3 in OT.

Nothing going for either of us on offense. Last drive I took it down nicely but with time expiring I accidentally punted instead of kicked the game winning field
goal. Luck wasn't on my side for the coin toss but thankfully the Colts shanked their 2nd fg of the game and I was able to score on a BOMB to Brown. He saved my ass again. Gg.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I botched two easy field goals that game. I had a hell of a lot more going for my running game this game, too. When you had accidentally selected "punt" near the end of regulation, I figured that pause was either you shouting a handful of obscenities at the television or frantically trying to find a way to go back and fix it. :D

Great game, though. Had fun.

[quote name='Regian']Yeah, I botched two easy field goals that game. I had a hell of a lot more going for my running game this game, too. When you had accidentally selected "punt" near the end of regulation, I figured that pause was either you shouting a handful of obscenities at the television or frantically trying to find a way to go back and fix it. :D

Great game, though. Had fun.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, I was like there's gotta be a timeout button here... Then I was like maybe I can audible haha. I tried everything.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
And I don't mean to make Jstryke look bad or puff out my chest with this, but I was kind of astounded by it, so I have to share. In our second game (in which I was the home team), Jstryke didn't complete a pass the entire game and finished with -9 yards of total offense (-7 passing, -2 rushing), lol. It was freaking ridiculous. Something was in the Western NY water that day.[/QUOTE]

It's all good. I couldn't get anything going against anybody I played that day. And while the lag may have had a slight effect, it was crazy. Of course at the same time, I never admitted to being any good. :razz:

Why do you think I mentioned that this game and madden were actually quite similar. ;)

Played against Vulcan7905 as the Bucs (He was the Steelers). We both messed up our kickoffs. I settled for a field goal, and he couldn't score. I ended up beating him Bucs 10 to Steelers 3 on his 3-D home turf (Week 9). It was a good game, and he was a good sport. Lets see how he does on my 2-D turf next time.

[quote name='budz']Played against Vulcan7905 as the Bucs (He was the Steelers). We both messed up our kickoffs. I settled for a field goal, and he couldn't score. I ended up beating him Bucs 10 to Steelers 3 on his 3-D home turf (Week 9). It was a good game, and he was a good sport. Lets see how he does on my 2-D turf next time.[/QUOTE]

Probably Horribly! lol. But I like playing so it's all good. :D :D

anyone around to play? PM me here and it'll go to my phone. I'll be around for a lil bit.

here's who i play against...

WEEK 1 -Lions @ Falcons - Pure Apathy
WEEK 2 -Falcons @ Rams - IICL510II
WEEK 3 -Falcons @ Saints - vampirehunter r
WEEK 4 -Giants @ Falcons - nychrisatl
WEEK 5 -Falcons @ Bears - Stabby Pete
WEEK 6 -Cowboys @ Falcons - EastX
WEEK 8 -Browns @ Falcons - Millertime2325
WEEK 9 -Falcons @ 49ers - Zforce915
WEEK 10 -Steelers @ Falcons - vulcan7905
WEEK 11 -Falcons @ Redskins - coreyandtrevor
WEEK 12 -49ers @ Falcons - Zforce915
WEEK 13 -Falcons @ Oilers - statnut28
WEEK 14 -Falcons @ Vikings - cuta
WEEK 15 -Saints @ Falcons - vampirehunter r
WEEK 16 -
Rams @ Falcons - IICL510II
WEEK 17 -Falcons @ Bucs - Budz04

Yes, it would be much better if the lists in the OP had *only* city names or *only* team names (city names would be easier IMO).

I'm on now if anyone's up for a league game against the Cardinals.

Week 1: Giants @ Cardinals (nychrisatl)
Week 2: Cowboys @ Cardinals (EastX)
Week 3: Cardinals @ Bears (Stabby Pete)
Week 4: Cardinals @ 49ers (Zforce915)
Week 5: Chiefs W 28 @ Cardinals L 7 (XboxChromosome)
Week 6: Redskins @ Cardinals (coreyandtrevor)
Week 7: Cardinals W 16 @ Eagles L 14 (Tha IllusiveMan)
Week 8: Cardinals L 0 @ Raiders W 14 (broadway row)
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: Cardinals @ Cowboys (EastX)
Week 11: Eagles W 10 @ Cardinals L 3 (Tha IllusiveMan)
Week 12: Cardinals @ Broncos (III Hydrox III)
Week 13: Saints @ Cardinals (vampirehunter r)
Week 14: Chargers @ Cardinals (king of edmond)
Week 15: Vikings @ Cardinals (cuta)
Week 16: Cardinals @ Redskins (coreyandtrevor)
Week 17: Cardinals @ Giants (nychrisatl)

I'll be on Sunday night, if anyone is looking for me. I work 5 nights a week, so it's a little tough for me to get on during the day since I take care of my son.

Here is my schedule:
Bucs @ Oilers
Oilers @ Steelers
Bengals @ Oilers
Raiders L 7 @ Oilers W 33
Oilers @ Browns
Oilers @ Broncos
Oilers @ 49ers
Steelers @ Oilers
Oilers @ Rams
Oilers @ Bucs
Saints @ Oilers
Falcons @ Oilers
Colts @ Oilers
Oilers @ Bengals
Oilers @ Bills
Browns @ Oilers

[quote name='ubernes']Wherethehelliseeryonefromydivision?:(

lolspacebarbroken[/QUOTE]

My work schedule recently changed and to be honest it's really fucking weird. I might be on Saturday & Sunday afternoon. If you see me on just send me a message on XBL.

[quote name='DestroVega']anyone around to play? PM me here and it'll go to my phone. I'll be around for a lil bit.

here's who i play against...

WEEK 1 -Lions @ Falcons - Pure Apathy
WEEK 2 -Falcons @ Rams - IICL510II
WEEK 3 -Falcons @ Saints - vampirehunter r
WEEK 4 -Giants @ Falcons - nychrisatl
WEEK 5 -Falcons @ Bears - Stabby Pete
WEEK 6 -Cowboys @ Falcons - EastX
WEEK 8 -Browns @ Falcons - Millertime2325
WEEK 9 -Falcons @ 49ers - Zforce915
WEEK 10 -Steelers @ Falcons - vulcan7905
WEEK 11 -Falcons @ Redskins - coreyandtrevor
WEEK 12 -49ers @ Falcons - Zforce915
WEEK 13 -Falcons @ Oilers - statnut28
WEEK 14 -Falcons @ Vikings - cuta
WEEK 15 -Saints @ Falcons - vampirehunter r
WEEK 16 -
Rams @ Falcons - IICL510II
WEEK 17 -Falcons @ Bucs - Budz04

[/QUOTE]

I'll be around today from 12:30-3 pm est if anyone can play

If anyone needs to play SanDiego Chargers / King of Edmond - I'll get online within 20 minutes ... Im about through watching one of my stories (Justified) ... I also need to get at least 1 game completed this week

[quote name='DestroVega']hey matt... if you me and nate get on we can play some hockey.. do it[/QUOTE]

UFC 113 tonight. I know I'm watching it, and I'm pretty sure Matt is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back