Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my code after 2 hours. The code was for 1600 points so well worth the wait. In total I got 2800 points using 3 phones. Thanks OP

I got a total of 480 pts from 3 codes and was going to get 2 more codes later tonight but they've all been redeemed.

Hmmmm

Decided to resend the message a few times, twice getting the out of codes message

Just got one back saying I won a code, might want to give it a few more trys if you were told they were out of codes

Hm. Mine said codes were all used up. I'll try again.

edit: tried again, got a code. Go figure.

edit 2: 160 points, can't complain.

Tried on my dad's phone and got the all out message. I better stop before I end up spending more than I'm winning,lol.

i sent a bunch of texts... so far have a ton of no more codes and a 160 code :)

EDIT: just got another one from my wife's phone, took about 20 texts to finally get it. 400 more points - total is 560 now :)

[quote name='Jedi1979']still works, just send multiple texts...got 560 total between 2 phones...[/QUOTE]
I sure hope so, tried on two phones and hope I will get a reply soon :cool:

Tried 3 times, had a friend also try a few times, and another friend. All getting the "all claimed" message. I'll keep trying for awhile, though. Maybe I'll get lucky.

[quote name='YodaEXE']It's in the title. 24477.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it is, I must have been thinking it was something else. Hopefully I get some free MS points.

BTW, I wonder when/if everyone will be getting spammed?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Indeed it is, I must have been thinking it was something else. Hopefully I get some free MS points.

BTW, I wonder when/if everyone will be getting spammed?[/QUOTE]
You can reply to the message you receive with the word STOP to tell them to not send you any more.

[quote name='YodaEXE']You can reply to the message you receive with the word STOP to tell them to not send you any more.[/QUOTE]

Nice, so when we get a spam message we can just stop. Free!

i sent 3 messages earlier from the same phone and finally got a reply 1 hour later that all codes were gone. i just now got another text and actually got a code for 1600 points. not sure whats going on. perhaps they restocked?

I've sent 10 txt's so-far, all of them the same "out of codes" message. Pretty sure this is dead, even with people claiming to still be getting a code.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I've sent 10 txt's so-far, all of them the same "out of codes" message. Pretty sure this is dead, even with people claiming to still be getting a code.[/QUOTE]

sent 22 texts and got 11 rejections before finally getting a code (and I just got the code about 15 minutes ago). I just did it while I was watching TV, sometimes sent multiple texts before hearing back.

[quote name='Chemosh013']sent 22 texts and got 11 rejections before finally getting a code (and I just got the code about 15 minutes ago). I just did it while I was watching TV, sometimes sent multiple texts before hearing back.[/QUOTE]

I have a limit of 1,000, so I will try them all if need be, I guess... haha. Thanks, I was about to give up hope.

this is weird. I sent the text a while back, and just got my code now. grabbed sisters phone, sent the text 4 times, finally got a code. took other sister's phone, got it first try. tried mom's phone, keep getting "all out" message. oh well, I got a total of 1360 points. bought peggle for 400. nice to have some points!

thanks op!

Haha! It worked. I sent literally 60+ messages, and by the time #30 or so got around to me with any sort of message, it was actually a "You won!" message. Thank you, sir. Time to see how much I won now.

Edit: Won 160 points.. and crap, I'm about to be spammed with about 30 more messages of "Sorry!" now. I probably should have waited and checked them few by few instead of mass-texting. Oh well.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Haha! It worked. I sent literally 60+ messages, and by the time #30 or so got around to me with any sort of message, it was actually a "You won!" message. Thank you, sir. Time to see how much I won now.

Edit: Won 160 points.. and crap, I'm about to be spammed with about 30 more messages of "Sorry!" now. I probably should have waited and checked them few by few instead of mass-texting. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

hehe, yup my wife's phone's going every minute or so... hehe but free is free. don't forget to text STOP.

[quote name='Chemosh013']hehe, yup my wife's phone's going every minute or so... hehe but free is free. don't forget to text STOP.[/QUOTE]

Very true, and done. After texting Stop, I still just got bombarded with about 20 "Sorry!" txt's, but oh well, haha. Oh, and also, thanks for the PM yesterday; I wouldn't have seen it in that thread. Probably going to pick-up Coraline soon (going to price-watch for a bit - in hopes of ti going down); I've heard so many great things about it.

Wow, just tried it and almost immediately got a code for 800 points! Thanks, OP!

Edit: Tried it a few times on a different phone and got nothing but "Sorry!" messages.

Edit 2: Persistence pays off. Tried it a few more times from the same phone like other people suggested, and I finally got a code for 160 points.

NOT DEAD

You just have to keep sending the POWER message to 24477 until you get a winning text! I tried 15 times and got "sorry all codes claimed" texts, but I tried 5 more times and finally got a winner. It was only 160 MS pts but I then tried with my wife's phone and got a winner after only 6 texts...redeemed it for 400 MS pts. Not too bad for a few minutes time haha! Wish I would have known sooner tho. Thanks OP!

ALSO - to those wondering, it is only one winner per phone number. After you win you will get either sorry texts or a text saying you have already won before.

yeah, this is totally hit or miss... I sent half a dozen messages from my phone over the past few hours, getting "Sorry" responses between 30 seconds and 30 minutes later. Finally tried my wife's phone, and almost immediately got a response with a 400 point code. I've tried another half dozen times from my phone since, and still nothing.

nothing so far for me, not even a sorry all codes redeemed. Blah damn centennial and their stubborn refusal to have open sms...

bread's done
Back