The Acolytes Protection Agency Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']
Ummmmmmm.....[/quote]

..wow

he does kinda look like a fatter Kane.

[quote name='mykevermin']You can see the fucking sores on the small pictures too! Don't they own a copy of Photoshop?[/quote]

I'm telling you he shaved with his lawn-mower... or better yet, Super Crazy's lawn-mower. Amazing how WWE can totally just ignore the fact that such a ridiculous gimmick existed at one point.

Kerwin White is the one exception as can I understand totally dropping that gimmick without mention, due to the unfortunate circumstances.

WSXTra is up on MTV.com and has Matt Classic, which makes it great. I enjoyed ECW tonight, and this Originals vs. New Breed angle has done wonders towards making ECW interesting TV. Snitsky looks like the world's most generic bald man - even Gillberg had a gimmick.

They should have given Snitsky a meth hair cut to match the sores on his face.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Matches like this really make me wonder what the hell WWE's plans for guys like Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro are for Wrestlemania.
[/QUOTE]
I was thinking about this too. I will put out a prediction of a Money In the Bank with MNM, the Hardys, and maybe 2 ECW guys? Sounds obvious, but I can see it. Though you could scrap the ECW dudes and toss in Shannon Moore and Helms for an OMEGA reunion :D

My finish has Hardys at the top with Matt doing something heel-ish to screw Jeff. Matt seemingly has won it and then Nitro out of nowhere. Nitro gets his main event status, Matt can go heel and actually do something with his being over with the fans. Maybe steal the IC title, or at least screw Jeff out of it. Matt wins the US title from an inadvert Jeff run in, then Benoit to Raw!

Okay my in head fantasy league trailed on. So where does Orton, Edge, Kennedy, Mysterio, Booker, and Benoit fit into WM? Interpromotional Battle Royal where winner gets immunity from being fired?

This'll probably be a long rant, so be warned.

After watching ECW last night, it's become very clear to me that ECW is doing the exact opposite of what TNA is doing. TNA is running a one hour show and trying to get everyone on screen and over, while ECW is running a one hour show and not trying to get anyone over.

ECW last night (though I applaud the "new breed" angle, at least it gets the originals on TV) was hard to watch. By 10:30, it became the Matt Striker Show, further proving that the WWE has about 9 guys on the ECW roster. Little Guido (an ECW original) was left out of the angle completely, and former ECW Champion Taz is sitting ringside backing the "new breed".

Let's look at the so-called "new breed", shall we? Apparently led by Elijah Burke, they include Marcus "let's try a new finisher since you botched the one last week" Cor Von, Kevin Thorn (whose most interesting selling point stands at ringside), and Matt Striker (apparently working the Dean Douglas gimmick that didn't work 15 years ago). This is the future of ECW? Seriously?

I'll give ECW credit where it's due - they managed to squeeze four matches into an hour show, and still get a promo and video in. Dreamer/Thorn was a joke - Cor Von/Balls wasn't much better. The ECW Title match was UGLY - though I don't know what's worse, Bob Holly promos or Snitsky matches. Holly could have easily turned his promo around by ending with "...show you tonight why they call me Hardcore" instead of repeating "ECW Champion" at the end of every sentence.

WSX is looking more and more like an alternative to ECW every week.

Just finished watching WSXtra and I thought it was terrific. I wish the regular show as paced more like the internet show.

In both of the tag matches this week (one on the broadcast show and one on Xtra), you really felt like either team could have won. But there's decent story or character reasons why one team came out ahead. It's kind of sad how much better WSX is at telling stories in the ring and getting their characters over than WWE or TNA.

I particularly enjoyed DIFH much more than I thought I would. I like the idea of the "sensitive" emo wrestler only using holds and submissions, while the "intense" emo wrestler forces more aggressive moves upon the opponents.

[quote name='Brak']They should have given Snitsky a meth hair cut to match the sores on his face.[/QUOTE]

And brought up Henry Godwin to be his manager!

Watching this before they were stars wrestling dvd, and it's crazy to see how small some of these guys were before they got into the WWE. Heck, some of them gained a great deal of mass even after joining WWE (Cena, Orton).

I think Lesnar is my favorite though.

Glancing over one of the readings for wrestling class, evidently a women's match has been historically referred to as a "cunt show."

Yikes.

EDIT: They also have a sample (written) of carnie speak. Seems very pig latin in its construction, but a bit more complex. Tough as fuck to read, and probably even tougher to hear and comprehend.

You guys see the deal that TNA has going on right now?

https://secure13.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=dns&BusType=BtoC&Count1=771328151&Count2=688468575&CategoryID=16&Target=products.asp

Sting_Abyss_dealLG2.jpg

You are not going to believe this incredible deal. First off you will receive a limited edition of hand numbered autograph picture of The Icon STING. He will not sign anymore of this particular picture again so these are the only 300 that exist.
On top of that you will receive a limited edition of 300 autographed and hand numbered picture of The Monster Abyss.
They will be matching serial numbers. But I am just getting started, you will also receive the Sting "Icon" T-shirt plus the brand new Abyss "Doomsday" T-shirt.
Are you ready for me to lose my mind. You will also receive these DVD's: Sting Return of an Icon, plus Final Resolution 2006 DVD, but thats not all if you order today we will include the Best of the Bloodiest Brawls DVD which is an Abyss highlite reel.
In case you thought we were done if you order today you will also get the hottest DVD in TNA and that is Bound For Glory 2006. Both autographed pictures, both t-shirts, and all four great DVD's, close to a $200 value for only $79.99. You better hurry because there are only 300 and they won't last.

Its too bad I already own three of the DVDs in that package. Otherwise I would so hit that package.

In other news....

Raven3.jpg

DAMN. YOU. RAVEN.

I'm a terrible mark.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Its too bad I already own three of the DVDs in that package. Otherwise I would so hit that package.

In other news....

Raven3.jpg

DAMN. YOU. RAVEN.

I'm a terrible mark.[/quote]

Cool shirt... I also like the Fallen Angel shirt they got.

There are only less than 5 of those packages left too, so if anyone here is thinking about buying one, now is the time to pull the trigger on it.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not yet, but Meltzer all but confirmed RVD was indeed leaving this week - he was required to give notice the Friday before the Holly match, otherwise his contract would automatically renew.

The job to Holly was basically the "he's not renewing" confirmation. This week's show didn't do much to change that notion...

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not yet, but Meltzer all but confirmed RVD was indeed leaving this week - he was required to give notice the Friday before the Holly match, otherwise his contract would automatically renew.

The job to Holly was basically the "he's not renewing" confirmation. This week's show didn't do much to change that notion...[/QUOTE]
Wait... He's leaving this week?

He's just gonna ride his contract, at home, 'til it's expired? If so, that's great. I don't want to see McMahon punish him with a Moppy gimmick, or something.

[quote name='Brak']Wait... He's leaving this week?[/QUOTE]

The way I'm reading all the wrestling sites, the one thing we can confirm is "ain't nobody knows shit." Every post is pure speculation that RVD's clean job to Holly was the beginning of the "he's on his way out" job. Didn't RVD lose this week too?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is, in fact, exactly what's going on. However, since all of the language (including the observer) is written in an inferential way ("he did the job, so apparently he gave notice"), I think the only fact anyone is certain of is that RVD's contract ends in the next several months.

[quote name='Brak']Wait... He's leaving this week?[/QUOTE]

No, he was required to give noticed that he is leaving by a certain date (which was just prior to the Holly match). That date has passed now and, if he had resigned, history shows that it would have been news. Even if Meltzer was slow in getting the news of him resigning and couldn't get it into the newest snail mail newsletter, it would have been up on sites by now.

I don't think this is really that mysterious. The guy is leaving. It's just not that big of a deal because a) it's still months off, b) it's not unexpected, and c) no one cares that much anyway.

"First I'm gonna suplex you, then I'm gonna put you in the camel clutch. Then I'm gonna fuck your ass, and then you will be humbled." That never will get old. :rofl:

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't think this is really that mysterious. The guy is leaving. It's just not that big of a deal because a) it's still months off, b) it's not unexpected, and c) no one cares that much anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's only mysterious in the sense that it's all conjecture at this point; if Meltzer or someone else knew he had opted to not re-sign, there would be no point in suggesting that the job to Holly was an indication of anything. After all, RVD losing a match has been a more or less regular occurrence for the past couple months.

I'll agree with a & b, but I certainly care - if TNA picks up RVD and Jericho (not likely), they'll have all the reason in the world to grow into a two-hour format. If they get RVD, then they're going to be one person shy of having a massively robust roster. They're close...

[quote name='mykevermin']It's only mysterious in the sense that it's all conjecture at this point; if Meltzer or someone else knew he had opted to not re-sign, there would be no point in suggesting that the job to Holly was an indication of anything. After all, RVD losing a match has been a more or less regular occurrence for the past couple months.

I'll agree with a & b, but I certainly care - if TNA picks up RVD and Jericho (not likely), they'll have all the reason in the world to grow into a two-hour format. If they get RVD, then they're going to be one person shy of having a massively robust roster. They're close...[/quote]

I don't think RVD alone is gonna really get them there. Sure RVD helps, but how many WWE ppvs did RVD headline? Then again how many did Christian headline, and how many should he have headlined? I think WWE REALLY dropped the ball with both RVD & Christian. I'm getting off track here though, my point is they need to pull another Kurt Angle level wrestler away from WWE.

Bringing in a Goldberg or a Lesnar might help.

RVD isn't an Angle-level wrestler though, and Meltzer did report that RVD's job last week was due to him giving notice, and that his contract lasts until the summer.

As for the Raven shirt... wow, that is indeed an awesome shirt design.

Wow -

[quote name='Keller']...Hulk Hogan is not expected to be part of WrestleMania 23.

Hulk Hogan confirmed as much during an appearance on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show earlier today.

As PWTorch reported, Vince McMahon and others in WWE are fuming at Hogan for calling a WWE office worker and having her read aloud an internal confidential list of potential candidates for this year's Hall of Fame. Our sources say that is the main reason McMahon is not pursuing signing Hogan to a match at WrestleMania 23.

Hogan had been a potential candidate to wrestle Shane McMahon, Big Show, or Great Khali. Had he wrestled Shane, the scenario would include Donald Trump in his corner and Vince McMahon in Shane's corner.

Hogan talks today about potentially signing with TNA and feuding with Vince Russo.[/quote]

Not that I'm going to WM because I want to see Hulk Hogan, but that's a bit surprising. That's Vince though - keep personal grudges ahead of what would please the fans.

Still wouldn't surprise me to see them work it out before the show though.

How huge would it be if Hulk Hogan went to TNA though?

I wonder if that would finally be the driving force towards getting TNA a two hour primetime spot?

Nah, they'd probably blow this chance just like all the others.

But still... how huge would that be? I can't even imagine that.

If he goes to TNA he needs to fued with Jarrett. I love watching Jarrett beat the shit out of Hogan and the chance of that happening on a weekly basis would be awesome.

tna!!!!!

fuck i wasnt paying attention... who did abyss just kill...

anyways since im 360 less right now i decided to connect the good ol dc.. plan to boot up fire pro d and all star pro wrestling

The PPV has a match with a pole now - go Russo! We're 30 minutes in, and we finally have an actual match. Maybe. Okay six man tag. Abyss with the dog was great! Hooray, time for more total nonstop talking.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The PPV has a match with a pole now - go Russo![/quote]

Judy Bagwell on a pole!
My Pole!

[quote name='Demolition Man']I doubt Hogan would go to TNA with Russo booking.[/QUOTE]
I doubt Hogan would go to TNA, period. Hogan frequently does this before Wrestlemania to try to push Vince into giving him a big payoff.

Still, if they really wanted to blow a shitload of money, I suppose anything is possible. A Hogan appearance or two would be ok, but Hogan suddenly challenging for the title would be terrible for the already fledgling company.

...maybe he could go for the X-Division title!

[quote name='Roufuss']How huge would it be if Hulk Hogan went to TNA though?[/QUOTE]
I'd hate it if he went to TNA.

[quote name='Roufuss']How huge would it be if Hulk Hogan went to TNA though?

I wonder if that would finally be the driving force towards getting TNA a two hour primetime spot?

Nah, they'd probably blow this chance just like all the others.

But still... how huge would that be? I can't even imagine that.[/quote]

It will never happen as long as Russo is there. Hogan despises Russo. He even sued him in civil court over the Bash at the Beach incident. Besides, TNA doesn't need that washed up piece of crap anyway. He caused a lot of problems the last time he was there.

Even though I read the spoilers I still marked like crazy seeing Steiner come out. Christian and Steiner doing push-ups together was great.

Listening to Christian cut promos, they need to keep the belt on him for two reasons: to build him up as a believable main eventer (he's close, but not quite there) and to provide credibility to the NWA Championship. Jarrett holding it for ages just irritated the fans, b/c (IMO) the majority of TNA viewers are smart marks who knew why he held the belt (so it gave the belt nothing when he held it).

If they hotshot the belt offa Christian (which you *know* will happen because Russo can't let a champ hold a title for more than 15 minutes), giving it to Angle may or may not give it credibility, but it will ruin Christian.

Jarrett's reign irritated smart marks because they know why he held it, and it irritated casual fans because they didn't care, nor have they ever cared, about Jeff fucking Jarrett - the guy who has only won with a guitar for eight years, and lost to Chyna, and was THE man during WCW's lowest point.

My point is that TNA has no casual fans - only smart marks. Which is, of course, ironic b/c TNA's TV matches have sucked ass lately, and don't even get me started on WSX's spotfests. I'm absolutely stymied that the best wrestling on TV is happening during most of SmackDown, and the main events on Raw have been very very good for a few weeks running.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I doubt Hogan would go to TNA, period. Hogan frequently does this before Wrestlemania to try to push Vince into giving him a big payoff.

Still, if they really wanted to blow a shitload of money, I suppose anything is possible. A Hogan appearance or two would be ok, but Hogan suddenly challenging for the title would be terrible for the already fledgling company.

...maybe he could go for the X-Division title![/quote]

That's what my thinking is. Hogan just blowing smoke at Vince to get his pay-off. I still think they should've booked a Hogan & Austin vs Shane & Vince match at WM23. That would've been HUGE. Imagine Hogan & Austin teaming up for the first time ever, the fans would've loved it.

I'm starting to get excited to go to WM. Taker vs Batista actually has the makings of a very good match. I know Batista can't wrestle for shit, but I expect something along the lines of the classic Taker/HHH match at WM. The fact that the outcome here isn't totally predictable is what is really a draw to me.

I must admit two things though:

One, I will be a little sad if Hogan isn't at WM.
Two, if Batista wins we riot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back