The Alicia Foxx wants to bone Masked Lemon Wrestling Thread

I really enjoy the Yakkity Sax version of HBK overselling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJVjsqv6W9Y

Came across this as well
In a shades similar to past incidents with Kofi Kingston and Ken Anderson, Randy Orton was visibly upset with The Miz following his match against Jey Uso during the July 26th RAW.

After hitting the RKO on Sheamus, Miz entered the ring to tease cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase. "The Viper" then hit the RKO on Miz and was unable to hide his frustration. The word coming out of the show is that Orton felt Miz was positioned in a manner that indicated he was about to be hit with the signature maneuver.

Similarly, Orton angrily reacted during a bout with Kingston last January when the Ghanaian grappler messed up the timing of the finish. Orton was seen on-camera shouting "stupid," among other obscenities, towards him. It is said that Kingston's "main event" push at the time was single handedly derailed due to the incident. Likewise, Anderson's untimely dismissal from World Wrestling Entertainment last year was largely attributed to Orton, as a result of the former Mr. Kennedy inadvertently dropping "The Viper" on his head with a back suplex. Orton later admitted to complaining to management about Anderson's in-ring work, which was the primary reason for his release from the organization.

I tend to believe next to nothing of any reports from websites, but thought it was of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orton acts like a goddamn diva at the slightest sign of things not going his way. He's the modern equivalent of HBK is the 90's: a guy who has a lot of backstage influence, could fuck anyone over at the drop of a hat and barely ever got any punishment if he screwed up.

Shane Douglas went on a long, and poorly-written tirade against TNA online, and announced that he won't be at the PPV. It's really puzzling that they didn't just wait to do this show because they're running in both The Arena AND the Hammerstein Ballroom later this year and the venue they decide to run the fucking one-time ECW PPV in is the goddamn Impact Zone. Since Joey Styles can't do the show, maybe they can at least get Don Callis, Gertner, or hell, even Stevie Wonderful to do it alongside Taz. If Tenay is yelling and screaming at everything on this show, I'll be pissed.

Also, the La Parka featured in the AAA game isn't the original La Parka - it's the AAA replacement La Parka. The original is LA Park, and "won" the rights to use the La Parka name at TripleMania, but decided against using them because he'd spent a decade making the LA Park character and had too much invested in it to give it up now.

Orton is just a little bitch. I can't stand the guy. His stupid fist pounding and Viper stuff is so lame too.

Watching Hardcore Homecoming.. while production/dvd wise its not as good as the ONS shows. (lack of ecw, videos. etc).. they somehow made it work.

What a difference 5 years makes.. Raven still looked great back then..

2 Cold looked amazing

[quote name='Purple Flames']Hey guys mind if I call the next wrestling thread?[/QUOTE]If you haven't come up with a name for it yet, might I suggest "The Orlando Jordon and Kwee Wee Can Get Married Now Wrestling Thread"?

[quote name='Blackout']Orton is just a little bitch. I can't stand the guy. His stupid fist pounding and Viper stuff is so lame too.[/QUOTE]

I don't have enough feelings for him one way or another to like him or hate him. I don't get why people like him. Then I remember that people like some straight up inexplicable shit - as I'm reminded every time I hear the Raw theme done by Nickelback, which replaced the Raw theme done by Papa Roach.

So I guess I should just shrug my shoulders and say that I'll never understand how people like any of that tripe, Randy Orton included.

Don't think this was brought up yet...

From PW.net:
Barring a dramatic turn of events, the main event of Sunday's TNA Hardcore Justice pay-per-view featuring Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn will not take place as advertised. Multiple sources report that Lynn was forced to pull out of the show due to a back injury.

There were rumblings earlier this week that the match was in jeopardy because Lynn had to pull out of a scheduled indy match this weekend. It is believed that TNA officials found out about the cancellation within the last 24 hours. TNA has yet to announce the cancellation, so there's no word yet on what the new main event will be.

So, that's something.

wow, sucks to be tna.

in reference to the RKO - Miz stuff. i dont think Miz doesnt do anything wrong, he looks over his shoulder at Orton who is supposed to be intimidating, why the hell wouldnt miz look over his shoulder to watch his back. seems divaish of orton... but after the other stories im not shocked

[quote name='007']Don't think this was brought up yet...

So, that's something.[/QUOTE]

This is going to turn out to be worse than ECW December To Dismember 2006. Here's hoping they can get Hardcore Holly as Lynn's replacement :lol:

Well, that's pretty damn unfortunate for TNA.

I would want to see Rhino come out under the billing of "Last World Heavyweight champion of Extreme" and face Van Dam for the TNA Heavyweight championship. I think they would need to let Rhino cut a few Rhino-as-I-knew-him promos (see: his promos from the late-1990s) stating how he's upset that Van Dam gets so much praise when Rhino not Van Dam was the last champion of Extreme, or something to that extent.

That would be neat.

[quote name='guyver2077']That is not possible...[/QUOTE]

Sure it is - TNA has had worse shows than that before. This PPV was sad before and now it's just pathetic.

[quote name='Chase']Well, that's pretty damn unfortunate for TNA.

I would want to see Rhino come out under the billing of "Last World Heavyweight champion of Extreme" and face Van Dam for the TNA Heavyweight championship. I think they would need to let Rhino cut a few Rhino-as-I-knew-him promos (see: his promos from the late-1990s) stating how he's upset that Van Dam gets so much praise when Rhino not Van Dam was the last champion of Extreme, or something to that extent.

That would be neat.[/QUOTE]

It's been a very long time, but I seem to remember Rhino being the one who got to keep the ECW Championship when it closed down. Wonder if he could actually bring it out without them getting sued. It would be a good main event to make up for Lynn not being there. Especially since you know RVD would be down for the piledriver off the apron through a table spot.

Well, WWE owns the ECW name. Do I think WWE would take action against TNA for Rhino wearing the original ECW Heavyweight championship? Probably not. But, if there ever comes a day when Rhino needs some work and WWE has some space, I think WWE would hold it against him. I'd love to see Rhino versus Van Dam to crown the, not WWE copyright-infringing, True champion of Extreme (of sorts).

[quote name='Chase']Well, that's pretty damn unfortunate for TNA.

That would be neat.[/QUOTE]

I approve.

The only other match I can think of is vs Sabu or some tag match.

[quote name='Chase']Well, WWE owns the ECW name. Do I think WWE would take action against TNA for Rhino wearing the original ECW Heavyweight championship? Probably not. But, if there ever comes a day when Rhino needs some work and WWE has some space, I think WWE would hold it against him. I'd love to see Rhino versus Van Dam to crown the, not WWE copyright-infringing, True champion of Extreme (of sorts).[/QUOTE]

Rhino doesn't have the original ECW World Title - it was stolen from his home. The belt he brought out on Impact (in a bag, because EVEN SHOWING IT ON TV WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OKAY) and tried to set ablaze was a replica. Poor Rhino, he couldn't even hit the gore on the go-home show for an ECW Reunion PPV.

I may indeed be a match with Sabu. But, I think it would be very weird if the match were Rob Van Dam versus Sabu. Yes, it would be in original ECW continuity since they had a feud near ECW's death. But, in WWE they were pals, and I always associate them as pals.

But hey, TNA only has so much to work with. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to Sabu versus Van Dam. :)

So, I had a flashback of the former TNA faction called Next Generation that featured Erik Watts, Brian Lawler, and David Flair. David Flair just had no chance to follow in his father's boots. He was brought into WCW as some regular Joe Schmoe, never had the look, and isn't good on the mic. I wonder why they even brought him into pro wrestling at all. Erik Watts was decent. He had the look, was OK in the ring, and pretty good on the stick. And then there's Brian Lawler. I think he had a lot more potential than his stupid gimmick (that I hate) allowed him to show. He always seemed to have his father's charisma somewhere under all that crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmApS2dqzvQ

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Rhino doesn't have the original ECW World Title - it was stolen from his home. The belt he brought out on Impact (in a bag, because EVEN SHOWING IT ON TV WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN OKAY) and tried to set ablaze was a replica. Poor Rhino, he couldn't even hit the gore on the go-home show for an ECW Reunion PPV.[/QUOTE]

:(

Poor Rhino. I forgot about that. :(

I just lost a lot of interest in the PPV. I was actually thinking of ordering it too.

[quote name='Blackout']I just lost a lot of interest in the PPV. I was actually thinking of ordering it too.[/QUOTE]

me and a few friend had all thought about paying 8 a piece to chip in and order, lynn being injured literally destroyed those plans

TNA might as well offer this PPV for free since nobody is going to order it.

[quote name='diddy310']Why buy something that has no value?[/QUOTE]

Tape library for one. TNA does have enough matches that the WWE can use in "best of" type collections. Especially for people who are currently in the WWE or will inevitably return to the company.

[quote name='diddy310']I could see that for Sting and Angle compilations, but nothing else.[/QUOTE]

There's always stuff that the WWE can use for Christian, Jeff Hardy, RVD, and CM Punk. Not to mention current TNA talent that could end up in the WWE such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Beer Money, MCMG, etc.

TNA would be worth buying for the tape library alone, although the industry as a whole badly needs TNA more than WWE needs something else to bolster its DVD and On-Demand business. I'd love it if ECW Original Scott Steiner faced RVD - not so much for the match, but for the pre-match promo.

SD thoughts -

Rey's opening promo with Drew was pretty good stuff. Drew's accent makes his promos a bit weird at times, but like Sheamus, it works in his favor as it prevents them from sounding completely identical to everyone else's. Dude looked swank in his black and red getup too.

Cody vs. Matt was pretty good stuff. Cody's upped his in-ring intensity, and really has this "dashing" character down pat. Grisham and Striker were great here, with Striker going overboard on praising Cody and Grisham pointing out how creepy he was sounding because it all focused on how handsome Cody was. Then Striker introduced TOKYO KID, THE MISSING LINK, AND THE MOONDOGS into the discussion along with Dusty wearing face paint for a tag tourney and I lost it - those were such obscure references that I loved them, and then Grisham gave him his props for it and said that he also wore polka dots.

LayCool fighting over the title, willingly handing Teddy the "good" belt so they could keep their locket-esque broken women's title was amusing. The visual of the belt breaking n half perfectly was so goofy that I loved it AND they managed to make sense out of it too.

I'm glad that Dolph won the title, but the timing for it to happen just seemed wrong. He hasn't regained the momentum that he had a year ago even with the Vickie deal, and beating Kofi for it via interference doesn't mean as much as beating a legend like Rey for it. Good match, but the finish didn't do much for me.

Punk's promo was really good, and teased the end of the SES without making it too obvious. The six-man tag was a nice way to have Punk in a match without having him do anything, but didn't do much for me aside from make me sad to see MVP lost in the shuffle even on SD. His '07 rise was one of the best things going on that year, and now, he can't even win a random six-man tag.

Rey-Drew was really good stuff, and I liked seeing Drew break out some new stuff - like the sitout reverse powerbomb and fireman's carry gutbuster. The post-match with Kane was silly, and at this point, I don't care who vegetative state'd the Undertaker, I just want this angle to end quickly. The lack of Swagger on the show was really weird - they mentioned him numerous times, but never brought up WHY he wasn't on it. Maybe he's busy getting swimming lessons or something.

Screens -

Quotes -

Rey - Last week, when I got choke slammed into the Gulf of Mexico, for the first time in my life, I saw my life flash before my eyes. As I struggled to the surface, I saw the face of my accuser - KANE. He was standing there, looking at me, and then he just walked away. Straight up - I BEEN THROUGH A LOT. I’ve been backstabbed, but I’ve never been accused of something I didn’t do! I still can’t believe that last week, Kane accused me of taking out his brother the Undertaker. Hey. I’ve always been honest! I did not have anything to do with attacking the Undertaker! In my opinion, Kane has always been very delusional! LOCO! FO REAL! And now he’s threatening to put me in a casket after our match at Summerslam. I don’t like caskets. They creep me out. To me, caskets are a symbol of loss, heartbreak - they were made for the dead, and when I do die and meet my maker, it ain’t gonna be Kane who judges me. There’s only person that can judge me! ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME. HE KNOWS WHO ATTACKED THE UNDERTAKER AND SO DO I! I KNOW EXACTLY WHO ATTACKED THE UNDERTAKER AND I’M GONNA TELL THE WHOLE WORLD… (Drew comes out)
Striker - Like Lucifer - in a red shirt!
Grisham - Why is he out here?
Striker - Relax and just let the story unfold organically. If you would shush, we’ll hear from these men.
Drew - We have names for people like you where I’m from. Those who wear masks. Those who lurk in the shadows trying to gain the trust of the masses.
Rey - You have names for people like me?
Drew - WE CALL YOU KREMINALS! You Rey have pooled the wool over these peoples’ eyes for DECADES NOW! HE HAS POOLED THE WOOL OVER ALL YER EYES! Now, at the expense of the Undertaker, the truth has finally coom oot. How coold you Rey!?
Rey - How could I what?
Drew - You’re supposed to be a hero to these people. Let me ask ya this - would a hero do nothing while CM Punk was falsely accused and had his arm injured?
Rey - Wasn’t my business.
Drew - Would a hero stand idly by while Jack Swagger was falsely accused AND DO NOTHING while he had to watch his father, his 64 year old father, BE HOSPITALIZED BEFORE HIS OWN EYES!?
Rey - That also wasn’t my business.
Drew - It’s okay, Rey. It’s okay. I ADMIRE what ya did. In fact, I wish I had taken out the Undertaker myself! There’s a difference between you and I - if was the perp, I would have done it alone. You Rey. Needed help. LOOK AT YOU! I don’t believe that someone like you is capable of taking out the Undertaker, BUT I AM. I COULD TAKE OUT ANYBODY I CHOOSE. DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID TO CHRISTIAN LAST WEEK!? I destroyed his arm so badly that the doctors say he’ll never be the same again. And after that same match, I had an idea. My idea was to do the same thing to you in your backyard here tonight. I’ve already spoken to Teddy Long, Rey, and if you agree, he’ll make it official. So whadya say Rey, WILL YA FAIGHT ME!? WHAT KIND OF MAN ARE YOU!? COME ON REY, SHOW ME THE KIND OF AGGRESSION YOU SHOWED TO THE UNDERTAKER! DO TO HIM WHAT YOU DID TO HIM!?
Rey - HEY! First off, how dare you come out here and disrespect me in front of me raza! You wanna fight me tonight?
Drew - THAT’S EXACLTY WHAT I WANT!
Rey - You wanna see me get aggressive?! ODALEY! ME AND YOU TONIGHT!
Striker - THE UNIVERSE IS BEHIND MATT HARDY!
Striker - You should’ve paid attention to the grooming tip on nose hair - looks like you have a Moondog up your nose. Maybe the Tokyo Kid.
Striker - Cody Rhodes is the 21st Century Man - there’s nothing wrong with wanting to wear a green mask and look like the Missing Link.
Striker - Think about how tough he has to be to walk around and tell people to do their nails and trim their brows!
Grisham - I wonder what his father Dusty thinks about this.
Striker - He did wear face paint once in a tag team tournament.
Grisham - And polka dots.
Striker - His skin is smoother than Barney Skinson.
Grisham - Could you stop talking about Cody Rhodes’s skin is please? Why not talk about his high flying?
Striker - Watch your screen.
Grisham - I am, and you’re using it to watch Cody’s skin.
Striker - Matt Hardy will take two or three to the mouth to get one in.
Striker - Cody just gazed at himself on the tron!
Striker - Matt Hardy is just ONE WIN AWAY from being ON THE CUSP of championship consideration.
Grisham - Side Russian Leg Sweep.
Striker - Side DASHING Leg Sweep!
Striker - You look good, Cody.
Vickie - EXCUSE ME. It gives me great pleasure to introduce my boyfriend and the future IC champion - Dolph Ziggler!
Striker - What an opportunity for the AGGRESSIVE GRAPPLING MACHINE, Dolph Ziggler, to finally hold gold in WWE.
Striker - KOFI IS THE CHOICE OF THE WWE UNIVERSE!
Striker - John Cena will be the host of the Teen Choice Awards. Katy Perry will be there, as will the HOT Betty White!
Grisham - What is wrong with you?
Striker - I like the Golden Girls. So does Justin Roberts.
Grisham - Kofi plans to take the title with him to Ghana this fall during a tour of his homeland.
Striker - So if he loses, does he cancel the tour?
Grisham - I don’t know - I’m not his travel agent.
Grisham - Hello? ANALYST!?
Striker - What? I’m THE FAN. I’m watching this!
Grisham - Your job is also to talk about what’s going on.
Striker - I’m ENJOYING this. I’m more excited about this than anything else.
Grisham - Why?
Striker - Because I’m a fan of Dolph and Vickie - they look better than Kofi.
Grisham - Yeah, that’s what I base my strategy on - appearance.
Striker - CAN YOU IMAGINE DOLPH AND VICKIE ON BILLBOARDS!?
Punk - I have accomplished a great many things In my life. Outstanding things in my career. I’ve accomplished things that you people couldn’t grasp or attain - like sobriety! Things you could never understand - like becoming the first and only three-time straight edge world champion! Things like competing in back to back MITB WM matches and winning! The closest people like you come to ‘Mania is buying a ticket to see yours truly. I’ve never been more proud than last week when the SES formed such a cohesive unit that we destroyed the Giant of the WWE Universe, the Big Show. Roll the tape. This is the good part. It gets better. FOUR, FIVE. PAUSE! Ya see, this is me breaking the right wrist of the Big Show. Because of ME, I know he at least has two severed tendons in his hand. I don’t know if he’s gonna make it to Summerslam. It’s a 50/50 shot if he signs another autograph for you people ever again. This is all because of what WE did. Please continue to roll the footage - it gets really good. The gorgeous Serena…
Joey - LOOK AT HIS FACE HERE. HE LOOKS RIDICULOUS.
Punk - Joseph, are you happy? Luke, are you happy? Serena, are you happy? YOU’RE ALL SO HAPPY. That’s funny because I don’t remember any of you that you could be happy. GET ON YOUR KNEES. NOW! WHAT I SAID LAST WEEK, I MEANT. AND IT STANDS TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER. YOUR HAPPINESS IS WEAKNESS. WHEN YOU’RE HAPPY, YOU LET ME DOWN AND WHEN YOUT LET ME DOWN, YOU SLIP, AND WHEN YOU SLIP AND FALL AND SHOW WEAKNESS FOR ONE SECOND, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE FALLING OFF THE WAGON AND FEEL LIKE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE HERE TODAY! I WILL NOT TOELRATE YOUR WEAKNESS. I WILL NOT TOLERATE YOU FALLING OFF THE WAGON BECAUSE IF YOU DO, YOU PACK YOUR BAGS, AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL PACK THEM FULL OF ALCOHOL FOR ALL I CARE! STAND UP! FROM NOW ON, YOU WILL BE BETTER - BETTER THAN EVERYBODY! AND YOU’LL BE HAPPY WHEN I SAY YOU’RE HAPPY. LOOK AT ME - JUST REMEMBER, SATISFACTION IS THE DEATH OF THE DESIRE!
Striker - I like six-man tags - Maybe the SES is the new Freebirds. Joey as Buddy Jack. Luke as Bam Bam, God rest his soul. Would that make CM PUNK MICHAEL PS HAYES!? Serena can be Jimmy Jam.
Grisham - It’s Cody Rhodes - GET READY TO GROOM!
Cody - Uneven eyebrows are a thing of the past and I’m here to show you that you too can be DASHING. It’s important to BROWSCAPE. With the delicate use of tweezers and a comb, you can groom your eyebrows. I’m Dashing Cody Rhodes, bringing you one step closer to DASHING.
(after Rey goads Drew intro running at him)Striker - Rey with a little El Matador on Drew.
Grisham - I’ve heard of a Chicago Bull, but not a Scottish Bull.
Striker - I’ve heard your bull, pal.
Striker - Rey is dressed in white like El Santo, but he’s about to descend from the heavens!
Striker - DOES REY KNOW SOMETHING THAT DREW IS TYRING TO KEEP FROM THE UNIVERSE!?
Striker - REY WAS ABOUT TO SAY HE HAD NEWS!
Grisham - Yeah well, Kane’s got a casket.
Rey - IT WASN’T ME WHO TOOK OUT THE UNDERTAKER. IT WAS YOU, KANE! IT WAS YOU!
Crowd - IT WAS KANE! IT WAS KANE! IT WAS KANE!

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']TNA would be worth buying for the tape library alone, although the industry as a whole badly needs TNA more than WWE needs something else to bolster its DVD and On-Demand business.[/QUOTE]

You know, maybe a few years ago I could've agreed with this, but not now. The industry needs someone to be an alternative to WWE, but I think TNA's moment to grab that mantel has long since passed. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt time and again, but it really just seems like a ship that just isn't going to be able to right itself. I mean, when the best analog I can come up with is 99/00 WCW, that's not a great sign.

So, yeah, I think the industry needs a shot in the arm that a company besides WWE can provide, but I've long since given up the dream that it'll be TNA.

Oh, and the tape library of TNA? Worth about ten cents. TNA just doesn't mean anything to the mainstream in the way that WCW does, since TNA never had it's moment at the top. It'd be good to bolster some wrestler collections (Sting, Angle), but it'll ultimately be relegated to the same purgatory that the majority of the non-WWE/WCW footage goes to. WWE's mismanagement of their tape library is on par with what they did with the WCW invasion. What I wouldn't give to get access to wherever they house all that stuff... phew. :drool:

Look at how many years it took WCW to make it to the top.. I remember going to WCW shows in 90/91 and they'd make the back half of the arena move to the front because of all the empty seats. TNA has actually come a long way.

TNA has come a long way in some ways - getting national TV, monthly PPVs, mass-market DVD deals, and a video game deal, but they've got a long way to go in others, like actually making use of that national TV to properly market the monthly PPVs to the masses. They're in a weird spot because they're too big to play the "little guy" role, but too small to be "the big leagues" either. And what's worse is that TNA drives that point home ON THEIR OWN SHOW time after time. Years ago, the Dudleys and the Steiners spent a good ten minutes talking about all their accomplishments everywhere else BUT TNA, THE COMPANY THAT WAS CURRENTLY PAYING THEM. Hell, weeks ago, Dreamer talked about how he couldn't afford to come to TNA because he had kids.

Despite its many flaws, which God knows I've ranted about enough over the years, the business still needs them. It needs a viable number 2 company around for guys that simply aren't going to stand much of a chance in succeeding in WWE but can be main eventers or at least stars in TNA like Joe, AJ, Shelley, Sabin, and Lethal. The business needs a viable company with a more open mind to what makes a main eventer than WWE's myopic vision of one.

Plus, there's no company that can even just step into the shoes as the number two group now. ROH's style is nowhere near mainstream enough to work on that level, Lucha Libre USA can't even carve out a niche for itself as a strong number four group, and the Sean Davis group out of Florida may have some big names from the distant and recent past signed up, but doesn't even have a name, let alone a following to fill the shoes as the number two group behind WWE. Wrestling as a whole was hurt BADLY by WCW dying, and the same kind of thing would happen if TNA died. Lots of guys would be out of work, a few would go to WWE, and a lot of guys would just wind up quitting the business. One difference, hopefully, would be that the number 3 group in ROH will probably still be around if TNA dies, so some could at least just go back there like Daniels did. However, they would have to accept massive paycuts to do that because ROH's budget is nowhere close to TNA's.

I rewatched ONS '05 today and the Slammiversary '06 "Bingo Hall Brawl" to see just how important the crowd was to the former event and see how well TNA was able to recreate the "ECW vibe" in the Impact Zone. The crowd MADE the first ONS show seem so special, because match-wise, it underperformed, but TNA's attempt at recreating an ECW vibe in '06 didn't work. Now, granted, it was just one match as opposed to a whole show, but still, it was bad, they didn't do anything to even give it an ECW-style visual like giving them a brick set to come through (which they should definitely do for the PPV).

Nothing about the '06 match looked, felt, or sounded like ECW. Also, the card for this show, even if it was fully announced, would have to cover a wide variety of genres to really feel like an authentic ECW show. ECW gave you good technical wrestling, crazy hardcore shit, spotfests, and some T&A on shows. WWE's first show provided all of those things to a variety of degrees, but even five years ago, some of the guys couldn't go anymore. Now, they've got a smaller pool of healthy guys to go to, and the one guy who was able to be counted on for great matches for Shane's ECW reunion shows in Jerry Lynn, can't do it. Even if this does well on PPV, I can't see it being anything but a disaster as a show.

I used to have a DVD of a TNA show that was ran at the ECW Arena from 05/06 time frame and the crowd was hot, just like an ECW show. I cannot believe they wouldn't do this show there, it's insane.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I used to have a DVD of a TNA show that was ran at the ECW Arena from 05/06 time frame and the crowd was hot, just like an ECW show. I cannot believe they wouldn't do this show there, it's insane.[/QUOTE]

Bingo (no pun intended).

That, right there, underlines the decision-making issues within TNA so, so well. They're going to be holding shows at those venues later this year, yet they still chose to do this now. No matter what happens, I guarantee that this 'reunion' show would be, or at least appear to be, at least 20% better just by being in those venues. Unless there's some good reason, like contracts, there's almost zero reason to not wait. It flies in the face of logic, which seems to be TNA's 'go-to' thing.

i dont think anyone here is gonna question whether or not tna dropped the ball here, they have been stricken with a lot of bad luck on for people turning down the show, no matches announced for the ppv, the genius decision to do a tv show of "ppv card worthy matches" 96 hours after your ppv, and now losing 1/2 of your main event.

this is poor planning at its best... im not saying wwe has great writing all the time but tna is just terrible, if im at home thursday nights i still just dont care. and this has been a recent development, i used to be able to watch tna and at least tolerate it. but now im just indifferent. i HOPE this ppv goes off well and i have to eat my words, but i dont see it happening.

Running a TNA show at the ECW Arena in front of an "ECW crowd" would be a huge risk if it backfires. Keep in mind that those fans - throngs of nothing but smart marks and nerds of the highest caliber - shit all over WWECW. Now *we* think that the crowd was hilarious during Big Show/Batista, but WWE doesn't agree at all. That was (I'd argue) the defining moment where Vince said "nah, fuck these guys, we'll make ECW what I want it to be."

TNA has so little to lose in terms of goodwill that they'd expose themselves as having virtually zero fan support if the smart marks - literally the only people I think who watch TNA - turn their back on what they offer.

Also, bringing up ECW-era Rhino made me think of this classic promo, which is 70 seconds long and conveys everything it needs to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLaGz4l3IyQ

EDIT: Also, what's the date on the TNA show at the ECW Arena? I may check it out if tickets aren't too much.

Man I miss guerrilla style promos ike that on televised wrestling shows.

The new thread is all ready to go. We're likely hit 500 posts between now and whenever I wake up, so I'll post it then.

So I guess I should help move this along towards tomorrow's (likely though sad) train wreck.

If I had a steadier job, I'd order it just to see what a nightmare it turns out to be.

TNA house shows seem to do very well in the NY/NJ area, they've been touring around here on the July 4th weekend for a few years now. However if you try to push the level of bullshit that goes on in an Impact taping to a smarky crowd, it's going to go to hell quickly.

I'm hoping that next week's Free Per View thing does ridiculous ratings (like a 2!) to show that them that people want to see wrestling. All the fucking talent in the world, time to use it.

Guerrilla-style promos helped make ECW so great.

Myke, what I love about that Rhino promo is how he repeats what he said. AJ Styles just screams all the way through his promos. But Rhino? He layers it like a Seven-Layer burrito.

bread's done
Back