The Alicia Foxx wants to bone Masked Lemon Wrestling Thread

And for the WTF news of the day.

http://rajah.com/base/node/19794

SmackDown star Shad Gaspard has released the synopsis and cover art of the crime/action adventure graphic novel Assassin & Son: Path of Vengeance, created and written by himself and former WWE performer Marc Caponi (a/k/a Muhammad Hassan).

God I miss Hassan, just the first few seconds of his intro was instant heel heat.

[SIZE=-1]I was hoping to write a bigger article about the TNA: ECW Themed PPV, because I am getting bombarded with questions, but I've got a very busy schedule for the next week, so I'll just address this here and now.

I was asked if I would be interested in taking part in the TNA: One Last Stand PPV. I think it was big of them to extend me the offer, considering my general opinion of the TNA product, and want to I thank them for that, but I will not be taking part.

I feel it would be hypocritical of me to work the show, considering my out outspoken views of the TNA product. I have a great deal of respect for the boys who will be working the show as well as the great workers on the TNA roster, but I have no desire to be a part of the TNA creative process. As for ECW, One Night Stand in 2005 was my farewell and am content in letting sleeping dogs lie.

Lance Storm [/SIZE]

I'm surprised they even asked him to come in.

[quote name='Chronis']Edit: Actually something that bothers me is the division of rudos and tecnicos. Why is Charly Malice a face? He's this creepy guy with this depressing white and black face paint[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched or heard a thing about Lucha Libra USA (other than its perplexing name).

Charly Malice = Charly Manson? I really dig that guy as a wrestler, but if there was ever an example of someone who could *really* use a name change to be presented to the US audience, it was him.

EDIT: Yep: http://www.mtv.com/shows/lucha_libre/cast_member.jhtml?personalityId=14174

As for why he's a face, the guy more or less aped Marilyn Manson's gimmick and the show is on MTV.

Back from the show.. good stuff. Not many names this time around but still fun.

Tatanka was super nice and took pics after the show for free. Humble guy

I liked the Lucha Libre USA show and I will watch the next one at least.

The first match was pretty fun, but man referee, you've gotta get some of the guys out of the ring. I don't remember if that's legal in lucha libre, but it was pretty annoying.

Is Chi Chi WCW wrestler Kwee Wee?

Mark Jindrak, it's good to see him still wrestling, but he was pretty clumsy in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxg9zLl9js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1t_OgCB4g

20j20dg.jpg

t9wt3n.jpg

33av5mu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tatanka looks pretty good for a 49 year old dude. He was my sister's favorite wrestler way back during his first WWF run, glad to see he seems to be pretty problem-free.

Nah, he looks like he's in great shape for someone approaching 50. Don't fool yourself, his abdominal area is a bit larger than in the mid-90's, but hell, pretty much every wrestler was on a steady diet of coke and steroids then.

Not everyone can be a Sting. How many people his age look like that?

Who's the volumptuous chick in the first pic under spoilers(the one in black in the ring), guyver2077? She reminds me of Wendi Jo Sperber(who I just found out died from breast cancer in 2005:cry:) from Bosom Buddies.

It's impossible to tell how in-shape Sting is now - he always wrestles with a T-shirt on, which tells me that he probably doesn't appear to be in the shape he was even a year ago.

Lucha Libre USA week 2 thoughts -

Ah, so Aaron Aguilera's the rich robin hood dude - good for him for getting a U.s. gig again. Hey, RELLIK! THAT'S KILLER SPELLED BACKWARDS. I still can't tell these damned commentators apart by their voice. One's a heel, the other's a face, but they're both terrible. More low-budget lucha - it was definitely a mistake to show all those AAA clips in the preview show, because absolutely nothing on the first-run shows has come anywhere close to equaling it. This group has THE shittiest-looking belts I've ever seen. RJ Brewer's mama's boy gimmick isn't doing a thing for me. Cute chick in the campaign ad though. TJP's Sydistiko gear makes him look like a masked Mexico City Machine Gun.

Screens -

SD thoughts -

Swagger-Rey was quite good, but less good than their PPV match. Swagger's giant swing spinebuster on the floor was absolutely sick and probably the most memorable part of the match. Kofi-Dolph ruled, and I'm looking forward to seeing Dolph FINALLY win the IC belt whenever it happens. LayCool's wacky deal backstage was funny, and Cody's grooming tips are tremendous - they're right out of Memphis, only with production values. Kane's promo to start the show was also really good stuff.

Screens -

Punk is NOT AMUSED!

Spoony has been doing weekly wrestling reviews... This one for Impact is fucking hilarious, and sums up my feelings about TNA and the ECW bullshit pretty well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who's the volumptuous chick in the first pic under spoilers(the one in black in the ring), guyver2077? She reminds me of Wendi Jo Sperber(who I just found out died from breast cancer in 2005:cry:) from Bosom Buddies.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that Whole Lotta Rosie or some shit? I think I saw her on Impact a while ago.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']It's impossible to tell how in-shape Sting is now - he always wrestles with a T-shirt on, which tells me that he probably doesn't appear to be in the shape he was even a year ago.[/QUOTE]

shaddup. all i'm saying is he's not shaped like a bob-omb.

Compare Tatanka to his opponent in the ring, Beer Gut McGillicuty. Dude makes BG James blush.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who's the volumptuous chick in the first pic under spoilers(the one in black in the ring), guyver2077? She reminds me of Wendi Jo Sperber(who I just found out died from breast cancer in 2005:cry:) from Bosom Buddies.[/QUOTE]

Thats former TNA superstar Rosie Lots of Luv... or however its spelled.

[quote name='masked lemon']Spoony has been doing weekly wrestling reviews... This one for Impact is fucking hilarious, and sums up my feelings about TNA and the ECW bullshit pretty well.[/QUOTE]

This. He hit the nail on the head just as well as 007 did a few pages back as to why ECW should stay dead.

[quote name='guyver2077']Thats former TNA superstar Rosie Lots of Luv... or however its spelled.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I haven't watched much of TNA or WWE programming in a while, so I had no clue who she was.
[quote name='Purple Flames']This. He hit the nail on the head just as well as 007 did a few pages back as to why ECW should stay dead.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget to add the nWo, DX and any other 90's wrestling group to ECW on the list of wrestling items that should stay dead.

In a recent interview with The San Diego Union-Tribune, former WWE and WCW Champion Bill Goldberg had the following to say about the possibility of wrestling one more match: "If the money was right, I'd go out there and do it in two seconds. I'd have to be totally prepared for it, because I wouldn't want to tarnish my image, but I'd like to be in the ring one more time so that my wife and my son can see me wrestle live."

"I don't ever want to say that I miss anything about the wrestling business. I miss the ability to put a smile on a kid’s face, more than one at a time. That was a true charge for me."
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/fo...re-match-107595

Should Goldberg return to wrestling?

I say no to a Goldberg return, for a few reasons:

1. He won't job. This would make a return completely useless, as it won't help whoever he would be facing. This leads me to point 2.

2. Who would he face? The only logical choice I can come up with is Orton, who could use the rub from killing the legend of Goldberg, so to speak. But Goldberg wouldn't job to Orton, so again it's pointless.

I see Goldberg returning for a 1 night feel good tag match, but as a long term player, no. He doesn't have much to offer if he is not willing to do the honors.

[quote name='thefallingscream']In a recent interview with The San Diego Union-Tribune, former WWE and WCW Champion Bill Goldberg had the following to say about the possibility of wrestling one more match: "If the money was right, I'd go out there and do it in two seconds. I'd have to be totally prepared for it, because I wouldn't want to tarnish my image, but I'd like to be in the ring one more time so that my wife and my son can see me wrestle live."

"I don't ever want to say that I miss anything about the wrestling business. I miss the ability to put a smile on a kid’s face, more than one at a time. That was a true charge for me."
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/fo...re-match-107595

Should Goldberg return to wrestling?[/QUOTE]

Ha, I actually have an inside scoop about that.

My wrestler friend Chris (aka Little Boogeyman) is friends with Goldberg (he was on that show Bullrun that Goldberg hosts). He asked Goldberg if he would ever come back to wrestling and Bill told him that unless the payday was something he couldn't walk away from (I'm talking $6-9 million for a 1 year guaranteed contract with Undertaker style schedule), he wouldn't wrestle again.

So all signs point to no on Goldberg wrestling again. I can't imagine anybody putting up that type of money for him.

If Goldberg came back to the WWE, I'd want to see him go after Taker's Wrestlemania streak. Can you imagine the hype for that match if Goldberg's in that late-90's monster mode? Giving Bill a mini-streak lasting a few months might be enough to both protect his dominant legacy and keep him happy even if he loses the Mania match.

[quote name='BlueSwim']If Goldberg came back to the WWE, I'd want to see him go after Taker's Wrestlemania streak. Can you imagine the hype for that match if Goldberg's in that late-90's monster mode? Giving Bill a mini-streak lasting a few months might be enough to both protect his dominant legacy and keep him happy even if he loses the Mania match.[/QUOTE]

That's a damn good idea. Taking Sporadic's post at face value, though, the money would be the brick wall it runs into. I really like it though.

[quote name='neocisco']That's a damn good idea. Taking Sporadic's post at face value, though, the money would be the brick wall it runs into. I really like it though.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I wouldn't bullshit about this. I was helping Chris chop up some video from Bullrun for his YouTube and he brought it up after I was talking about the rumor of that new wrestling federation starting in Florida. I don't think he was lying about it.

This is the guy I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqYxkhsta5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIOvYiTmSFs

- edit And funny story, Finlay stiffed him with that first kick to the head.

I see Goldberg returning to the ring like Warrior did - going over some sack of shit nobody in Europe for a one-time huge payday. Mark it - summer, 2011.

To clarify, I wasn't calling your integrity into question, Sporadic, but we all know how many (and how easily) rumors fly around concerning wrestling. I tend to take pretty much everything I hear with a grain of salt.

BTW, I loved Booker Wee and Lil Boogie.

I really miss JBL on commentary. The best commentators almost always have in-ring experience.

[quote name='neocisco']To clarify, I wasn't calling your integrity into question, Sporadic, but we all know how many (and how easily) rumors fly around concerning wrestling. I tend to take pretty much everything I hear with a grain of salt.

BTW, I loved Booker Wee and Lil Boogie.

I really miss JBL on commentary. The best commentators almost always have in-ring experience.[/QUOTE]

Like Matt Striker?

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Gordon Solie and J.R. are two of the best ever - and neither had any in-ring experience.[/QUOTE]

Thus my reason for including "almost" in my statement. I could have set my watch by how predictable a reaction like this was in coming. Those 2 also spent decades calling matches and got their start in the old territories, not like someone of the last 15 years having Vince constantly in their ear from the gorilla position. Speaking of simians, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan, the single most entertaining announce team ever, both with in-ring experience. The last 4 color announcers on SD, all former wrestlers, all ranging from pretty good to great. I don't hold Striker in as high regard as I did, say 6 months ago, since he seems to have had some of his personality whitewashed out of him. The point being, guys like Cole and Grisham will never be better than average because they've had no in-ring experience and they have so much of what they say fed to them by someone else.

True, but that was long after he debuted as an announcer. When he got into the business, the most physical role he had was as a referee for Bill Watts, and I never saw him get bumped in a match. Solie never worked a match, but did ask to have holds applied to him so he'd know how to react when they were done in a match.

This show is fucking awful tonight. Cena's paint-by-numbers promo, matches that don't end cleanly, and the overbooked and crowd-is-rightly-shitting-on-it GM thing.

If this was TNA y'all would be tearing the overbooking to shreds by now. You'd be crying for Russo to be fired over Orton's nonsensical RKO on Miz, or giving away matches on tv unannounced.

If this was TNA, they'd just be starting it's first match, featuring people that weren't even that good 15 years ago, in their "prime."

TNA and their ECW invasion that isn't an invasion is a fucking joke. WWE isn't much better, but it is better.

As if Raw couldn't get any worse, they pull Lawler because he's in a match.. Cole's flying solo.. Joey Styles he is not.

See, they really should let Tarver do his finisher during the beatdowns, much better looking than Otunga's spinebotchter.

[quote name='masked lemon']That being said, This 7 man elimination match is going to fucking suck hard.[/QUOTE]

it's cool, though, we already got 3 minutes and 15 seconds of action over the first two matches.

At least it's not Samoa Joe or Ken Anderson, right?

[quote name='masked lemon']If this was TNA, they'd just be starting it's first match, featuring people that weren't even that good 15 years ago, in their "prime."

TNA and their ECW invasion that isn't an invasion is a fucking joke. WWE isn't much better, but it is better.[/QUOTE]

that's funny because just last week two off the top of my head are Joe/Hardy and MCMG/Beer Money, both good matches. The MCMG/BM matches these past couple weeks have blown away anything on TV in a long time.

Beer Money and the Motor City Machine Guns gets a big meh from me. I know they are supposed to be great, but I really don't care about either team.

I don't care for Joe or Hardy either, although they had a pretty good match.

Angle/Hernandez was the best part of Impact last week, and even that sucked, because you know Angle won't lose.

I really, really hate how they took the whole "cashing in the MitB after the champion's down" move and turned it into a storyline.

bread's done
Back