The Alicia Foxx wants to bone Masked Lemon Wrestling Thread

I was entertained by Raw last week. This week? Not so much. Very flat show thus far.

I think, though, it's mainly because this is exactly how I assumed his angle would play out. It was boring in my head, too.

You know what I think would be an interesting MITB angle? If every week, Miz comes out to try to cash in money in the bank, only to get ruined somehow. He'll be Charlie Brown and the belt will be his football. And have him just keep going on and on until finally... MITB expires. Of course i have no hope in WWE making new an interesting ways for that to happen, but it could be funny.

The Tag match main event won't be much better, either...

Not a very good Raw this week overall. Was hoping they were going somewhere with the Edge Khali thing, and getting Khali off the team, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

My girl is on... time to go downstairs and smoke a blunt.

[quote name='Chronis']You know what I think would be an interesting MITB angle? If every week, Miz comes out to try to cash in money in the bank, only to get ruined somehow. He'll be Charlie Brown and the belt will be his football. And have him just keep going on and on until finally... MITB expires. Of course i have no hope in WWE making new an interesting ways for that to happen, but it could be funny.[/QUOTE]

that's.. exactly what they're already doing. I predicted that right after the "hey, the bell didn't ring!" moment last week. Not only that, but you just suggested that this angle goes on for an entire year.. are you serious?

A damn shame....because last week WWE had all the storylines in place for some good action up to SS

And this week....they go right back to their bullshit and fuck up shit

[quote name='masked lemon']time to go downstairs and smoke a blunt.[/QUOTE]

that's awesome, dude. gettin' high is so rad, it's worth telling the internet about.

[quote name='Chronis']You know what I think would be an interesting MITB angle? If every week, Miz comes out to try to cash in money in the bank, only to get ruined somehow. He'll be Charlie Brown and the belt will be his football. And have him just keep going on and on until finally... MITB expires. Of course i have no hope in WWE making new an interesting ways for that to happen, but it could be funny.[/QUOTE]

Yeah......someone in WWE Creative had the same thought process when they did the Tim White suicide stuff a few years back. Personally, I don't get Miz cashing in his MITB match and getting to keep it despite Orton's interference. Doesn't make any sense. His "taking it back" last week was a bit of a stretch of credibility, but getting it back after cashing it in this week is fuckin' ridiculous.

[quote name='mykevermin']that's awesome, dude. gettin' high is so rad, it's worth telling the internet about.

Yeah......someone in WWE Creative had the same thought process when they did the Tim White suicide stuff a few years back. Personally, I don't get Miz cashing in his MITB match and getting to keep it despite Orton's interference. Doesn't make any sense. His "taking it back" last week was a bit of a stretch of credibility, but getting it back after cashing it in this week is fuckin' ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Getting high is the only way I can tolerate this crap sometimes... but thanks for the support. :roll:

I'm guessing he'll try to cash it on on Orton after he barely wins a match, gets the quick RKO when he goes to pick Orton up and loses. Then he either recovers or the next night he goes crazy and destroys him with the case that he kept even though it was cashed already.

The Miz could pull that off I think, he did crazy very well during his beatdown on R-Truth a few weeks ago.

The bell never rang, Myke. They pointed that out. It technically wasn't a match, so he still has it.. unless I'm missing something

Miz is going to be the first ever MitB winner to fail when he eventually does cash it in :(

Khali no sold that spear so hard that I'm still laughing about it....

You mean you get hit with someone's finisher and you're up and looking healthy less than a minute later?!?!

[quote name='Scorch']Did Cole switch vintage for veteran?

"Veteran move by Jericho"[/QUOTE]One can only hope. I want to pull a Bryan on Michael Cole every time he says "vintage Cena".

[quote name='Scorch']The bell never rang, Myke. They pointed that out. It technically wasn't a match, so he still has it..[/QUOTE]

eh. it's an explanation, but not an altogether good one, IMO. they've only really tried to enforce the whole rules thing w/ Miz (opponent being semi-conscious, the announcer having to announcer the match, the bell ringing, etc.).

I'm ok with rules in pro wrestling, but not when they're inconsistently applied. doesn't make for a satisfying story.

This wasn't quite as good as last week's show, but I loved all the stuff they did to build up the 7-on-7 Summerslam match. For the first time in a while, I actually can't wait to see the main event of a WWE PPV. The Nexus-Raw Guys match did a fine job at setting up the most dangerous guys in the match for Nexus, and I loved that they established the Skip Sheffield lariat as being deadly as either a running move or a counter. Ted-Morrison was... a match. Once again Ted made winning via interference seem 1,000 times harder than winning clean because of how damned awkward he looked taking advantage of it. Truth was pretty funny on commentary, and the Jo Mo heel tease was a massive step up for him from his usual "whether you like him or not, at least THE WWE UNIVERSE HAS AN OPINION" crap.

Miz's MITB cash in tease was good, and worked nicely as a setup for his match with Sheamus as his partner. Didn't so much like it being used to make Orton look like more of a killer though, as he doesn't need the help and they can't afford to look bad. Cena-Jericho vs. Sheamus-Miz was a very long match, and pretty good technically, just not very memorable. After seeing Cena beat Miz like a drum last year, I did love seeing Miz FINALLY pin him. Hopefully the next time he does it, it's for the WWE Title.

Screens -

Oh...shit...

Bourne to be squashed

Why did I pick these guys again?

Quotes -
Cena - Thanks guys. They’re right - everything’s bigger in Texas. Seven weeks ago, a group named the Nexus, without any warning at all, attacked and took over Raw - destroying everything in its path. Nobody was safe. They did this for reasons known only to them - point is, for 7 weeks, if they wanted you hurt, you got hurt. Until last Monday. FINALLY THE RAW SUPERSTARS SAID WE’VE HAD ENOUGH! Standing side by side, friends, enemies, it didn’t matter. We have one common goal - at Summerslam, we face Nexus, WE BEAT NEXUS, WE END NEXUS! They’ve been running Raw because people think they’re invincible - we will defeat them and you will see that they are not invincible. The more they terrorize Raw, the more power they get, and with power, comes influence, and with more influence, they’re gonna take over this show. And if they do, that may be the end of Monday Night Raw. I’m not saying it’s gonna be easy, my team isn’t the Super Friends, I’m not Super Man. I’m more Aqua Man. Jericho and Edge aren’t Batman and Robin, and even the thought of Khali in Wonder Woman’s outfit is wrong. I Photoshopped it - it was disturbing. We don’t have to be the Justice League - everyone was chosen for a reason, and at Summerslam, my team will hit the ring and my team will… (Jericho comes out) Jericho is on that team!
Crowd - Y2J! Y2J! Y2J!
Jericho - I was standing backstage and counting the seconds until you said what I knew you would say - MY TEAM! JOHN CENA’S TEAM! All week long, people have been saying they’re excited that I’m on Cena’s team - I want to make something perfectly clear to you and these hypocrites here. I did not get involved in this to be a part of Cena’s team. I didn’t get involved to bask in the glory of a hero or shamelessly pander to a group of parasites. I got involved because of my personal problems with Wade Barrett - a man I molded and shaped from the moment he came into this company. A man who was indirectly influenced by me to create Nexus. I know how better, so THIS IS MY TEAM.
Cena - FINE, IT’S YOUR TEAM. Call us whatever you want. The Lion Tamers. The Fozzy-a-thons, WHATEVER, I JUST WANT TO BEAT NEXUS!
Jericho - Don’t you dare patronize me. Cena, THIS TEAM LIVES OR DIES ON MY WHIMS. YOU DO WHAT I WANT, FOLLOW ME… (mic is slapped out of his hand)
Cena - Let’s get this straight right now - it ain’t about you. Or me. It’s about this damn business! Don’t you get it? NEXUS HAS TAKEN OVER THE COMPANY. THEY GET WHATEVER THEY WANT. YOU DON’T LIKE ME? YOU LOVE THE DAMN BUSINESS. THAT’S WHY WE DO THIS! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I’M SAYING TO YOU RIGHT NOW!? YOU’RE A MAN AND IT’S GUT CHECK TIME. WE GOTTA DO THINGS WE DON’T NORMALLY DO - CO-EXIST. You know Barrett better than anyone - Jericho, you are essential to this team.
Jericho - First of all, don’t ever knock this mic out of my hand again. Second of all, I know how essential I am to this team. I know better than anyone here that the only chance you have to beat Nexus is if you have the best in the world fighting beside you. I know more than that because I see the big picture, and Nexus isn’t the only threat to this company. There’s another one, and his name is John Cena. Because you’re more like Nexus than you think. You walk around doing what you want to do, saying what you want to say - the only difference is you do it with the support of these drones. These people that you dance around like a puppet for. At Summerslam, once Nexus is gone for good, I’m gonna turn my sights on the other threat. I’m gonna get rid of you, Cena. I’m either gonna do it with the help of my team, or by myself. But I’m gonna do it. Do you understand?
Cena - I’m standing right here, take your best shot. (e-mail beeps)
Cole - I’VE RECEIVED AN E-MAIL! AND I QUOTE - Cena, Jericho, your match against the Nexus at Summerslam will now be an elimination match. The team that eliminates all the members of the opposing team will be victorious, and in a preview of Summerslam, the Nexus will face 7 Raw superstars in an elimination match tonight. The match at Summerslam is all about teamwork, and tonight, let’s see how you John and you Chris, function as a team against opponents of my choosing. And if you’re not down with that, I’VE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YOU!
King - WHO WOULDN’T BE DOWN WITH SEEING CENA TEAM WITH JERICHO TONIGHT!?
King - I’ve never seen a man rise to the top as quickly as Sheamus, and he’s got the gold on his shoulder to prove it. He’s the future of WWE.
Cole - He’s the present, too!
Cole - ORTON IS THE WWE’S APEX PREDATOR AND THE WWE TITLE IS ON HIS MENU!
Edge - The GREAT Khali? Really? He’s big, but he’s clumsy and uncoordinated! I wish you were on my team. (to Ted)
Maryse - Plus, you can’t understand him when he talks!
Cole - I’VE RECEIVED AN E-MAIL. I’ve found the team that will challenge Cena and Jericho - it will be the United States Champion, the Miz, and the WWE Champion, Sheamus.
Khali - YOU AND ME. NOW!
Edge - FINE, AND IF I BEAT YOU, YOU’RE OFF THE TEAM. TRANSLATE THAT!
(as Nexus surrounds Khali)Girl - COME ON KHALI!
Crowd - KHALI! KHALI!
Sign - NEXUS GET OUT OF TEXAS!
Crowd - GOLDUST! GOLDUST!
Cole - EVAN BOURNE, THE LONE REMAINDER! Member of team Raw!
Sign - TEXAS AGAINST NEXUS!
Barrett - What you just witnessed was an act of total domination. The Nexus has always been 100% behind a common purpose, but Cena’s team? Or Jericho’s team? THE CRACKS ARE ALREADY STARTING TO SHOW. AND THOSE CRACKS ARE CAUSED BY THEIR OWN EGOS AND AGENDAS!
And I assure you, come Summerslam, those cracks will destroy the foundation of that team.
Skip - Cena, you have a team of individuals without a singular focus. No member of your team is willing to sacrifice themselves for the betterment of the group like we would do. Like we have done. What you are looking at is the Nexus! AND WE ARE UNBREAKABLE!
Tarver - SUMMERSLAM WILL BE NO DIFFERENT THAN WE DID HERE TONIGHT. WE WILL ELIMINATE THE OPPOSING TEAM UNTIL THERE’S ONLY ONE MEMBER LEFT, AND CENA, I HOPE IT’S YOU SO WE CAN TAKE OUR TIME AND RIP YOU APART AND EVERYONE HERE HAS HAD THEIR FILL. WE WILL POUNCE AND PUT YOU OUT OF YOUR MISERY, AND THEN FOR YOU, IT’LL BE OVER. IN MORE WAYS IN ONE!
Sheamus - That’s two weeks in a row now you’ve tried to cash in that contract. Well let me explain something to you - it’s never gonna happen. YOU’RE DREAMING, LAD. THER’ES NO CHANCE YOU CAN EBAT ME. Think you can? Then you name the time and place and I’ll leave ya black and blue.
Miz - HOW ABOUT TONIGHT!? How about immediately after we face Cena and Jericho! I WIN, THROW YOU IN THE RING, CENA HITS YOU WITH THE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT, JERICHO DOES THE WALLS, YOU’RE SCREAMING THAT YOU CAN’T TAKE ANYMORE PAIN FELLA, AND I HIT THE SKULL CRUSHING FINALE AND WALK OUT HERE AS WWE CHAMPION!
Sheamus - Keep pushing me and I’ll make ya regret it…(slaps case out of his hand)
King - I’m glad I’m back in time for the divas match, but I don’t think I’ll be able to enjoy it. I’ve got a throbbing headache.
Truth - Jo Mo fo Sho! That’s my dawg!
Cole - King, any advice for Mr. Truth?
King - It’s all about the numbers. You’ve gotta eliminate a member of Nexus first!
Truth - Look at Jo Mo go!
Cole - WE’VE GOT A MATCH WITH TWO TEAMS OF INCOMPATIBLE PARTNERS!
Cole - THIS MATCH HAS THE MAKINGS OF A DISASTER!
Cole - King, you should know about egos.
King - Yeah, I set next to one each week that’s so big it needs its own ZIP code.
Cole - Oh, I thought you meant when you were with J.R.

[quote name='Scorch'] Not only that, but you just suggested that this angle goes on for an entire year.. are you serious?[/QUOTE]

Make it into Raw's comedy segment. I'm sure that they can make a bunch of interferences that could be funny. At the very least, it won't be worse than anything Hornswoggle did.

[quote name='masked lemon']Getting high is the only way I can tolerate this crap sometimes... but thanks for the support. :roll:[/QUOTE]

The only way you can cope with a bad wrestling show is to smoke weed? That's a pathetic life.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']eh. it's an explanation, but not an altogether good one, IMO. they've only really tried to enforce the whole rules thing w/ Miz (opponent being semi-conscious, the announcer having to announcer the match, the bell ringing, etc.).

I'm ok with rules in pro wrestling, but not when they're inconsistently applied. doesn't make for a satisfying story.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, same thing happened with Swagger. Tried to cash it in but his opponent was still groggy and couldnt get up. When the opponent was just about to get up, someone came out and Swagger canceled it.

^ fair enough, then. if all the swagger stuff happened on smackdown, then i didn't see it.

if it happened on Raw, i was too busy smokin' blunts.

Would've had to be on Raw, right? Swagger cashed in on the Smackdown after WM, so the 'canceled' one was with Cena on Raw the night after. Unless I have my timeline screwed up, which is possible.

Oh, and reading the spoilers, I think I can safely skip Raw next week. Yawn.

It says a lot when Khali is the voice of reason for your team.

TNA Spoiler:
It was announced at tonight's TNA tapings that the ECW faction will be named "EV2.0" (Extreme Version 2.0). The name is said to be a suggestion from Eric Bischoff.

:rofl:

[quote name='strongpimphand']Khali no sold that spear so hard that I'm still laughing about it....

You mean you get hit with someone's finisher and you're up and looking healthy less than a minute later?!?![/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. I thought that was funny too. He did get up super quick.

Regarding TNA:

EV2.0 is worse than, Vince Russo's, Sports Entertainment X-treme (SEX). Does WWE, or Paul E., own the rights to the name 'A tribe called Extreme'? It's far from a good faction name, but Tribe Called Extreme is much better than "Extreme Version Two-point-oh." That's a fucking TERRIBLE name. TERRIBLE.

Oh, and Otunga, Tarver, Young, and especially Slater, looked like formidable opponents/performed well tonight. Otunga actually made his spinebuster look lethal--though that's all the praise I have for him. Tarver cut a good promo and also made his finisher look lethal. Slater too nailed his finisher, and not once, but twice. Even Darren Young looked credible when he hit his finisher. I also give credit for everyone else selling so well. And, I imagine Skip Sheffield will drop the "Skip" part of his name and simply go by "Sheffield"--if he lasts in the WWE.

I waited for Tarver, Barrett, or Sheffield to say, in response to the "What" chants, "I could kick his ass too. 'What' now?"

Tonight is the first night that I thought Nexus looked like a solid faction. Barrett is a gold mine.

[quote name='Chase']Otunga actually made his spinebuster look lethal--though that's all the praise I have for him. [/QUOTE]

Only the first one against Goldust(?) looked good. The one during the Evan Bourne beat down looked like a typical crappy Otunga-buster.

[quote name='Chronis']Only the first one against Goldust(?) looked good. The one during the Evan Bourne beat down looked like a typical crappy Otunga-buster.[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's the one.

And is it just me, or does Goldust look like he lost some weight? He didn't look as big as he did when he first returned to WWE TV.

[quote name='Chase']Regarding TNA:

EV2.0 is worse than, Vince Russo's, Sports Entertainment X-treme (SEX). Does WWE, or Paul E., own the rights to the name 'A tribe called Extreme'? It's far from a good faction name, but Tribe Called Extreme is much better than "Extreme Version Two-point-oh." That's a fucking TERRIBLE name. TERRIBLE.
[/QUOTE]

The acronym makes it sounds like the Pokemon Eevee got a new robotic evolution form.

He's been slimming down since he came back. He looks great, to be quite honest. It's a shame he's not being used. Same with Yoshi Tatsu and the rest of the Job Squad.

I remember talk of him getting a push on one of the regular shows after ECW was killed off, but I guess that went away about the same time they stopped putting Finlay on TV.

EV2 is perfectly fine, certainly better than shit like The Voodoo Kin Mafia. "The Tribe of Extreme" is probably legally fine, but doesn't work well as an acronym.

[quote name='Chase']Yep. That's the one.

And is it just me, or does Goldust look like he lost some weight? He didn't look as big as he did when he first returned to WWE TV.[/QUOTE]
For a while there I thought he was taking after his dad and trying to get the fatuscles thing his dad had going on during his career. It's like when I watched Beyond The Mat and I saw the deplorable shape Jake The Snake was in.

Yeah, thats why I actually liked WWECW. It gave guys things to do that would have just rotted on either SD or Raw. Goldust is now on TV maybe once a month, yet this was the same guy that was involved in a huge feud with Sheamus that most of you who watched seemed to enjoy. Then you had Yoshi Tatsu, who was consistantly recieving small pushes. Plus, the Regal stable.

Goldust never really seemed like he should've been a top tier guy to me though. I think he only got 'over' with fans because of his family name in the biz. Otherwise I never saw much of anything in any of his matches that showcased any real talent.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']EV2 is perfectly fine, certainly better than shit like The Voodoo Kin Mafia. "The Tribe of Extreme" is probably legally fine, but doesn't work well as an acronym.[/QUOTE]
E See W

Saying things are "2.0" is as dated as slapping "2k" after something.

The following two matches have been announced for TNA's Hardcore Justice PPV:
-Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
-Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven
Additionally, the following list of former ECW names are confirmed to appear on the show:
-Mick Foley
-Team 3D
-Raven
-Rhino
-Stevie Richards
-Simon Diamond
-Al Snow
-Taz
-Tommy Dreamer
-Sabu
-2 Cold Scorpio
-CW Anderson
-The Sandman

[quote name='dkreegz515']The following two matches have been announced for TNA's Hardcore Justice PPV:
-Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
-Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven
Additionally, the following list of former ECW names are confirmed to appear on the show:
-Mick Foley
-Team 3D
-Raven
-Rhino
-Stevie Richards
-Simon Diamond
-Al Snow
-Taz
-Tommy Dreamer
-Sabu
-2 Cold Scorpio
-CW Anderson
-The Sandman[/QUOTE]
No Masato Tanaka? No Tajiri? Fail.

Husky Motherfucking Harris is interesting to me.

I think he's going to be an accidental heel because something about the tenor of his voice really bothers me. I don't think it's intentional, though - something about his tone and slight hillbilly accent convey an underlying "i'm gonna rape you, boy" tone to his promos.

Without spoiling anything....I'm embarrassed for TNA and ECW fans.

I'll comment later after Thursday

The same girls who scream for John Cena.

How many times was Riley going to run up onto the apron to jump on Cottonwood?

bread's done
Back