The Alicia Foxx wants to bone Masked Lemon Wrestling Thread

Another great match from Beer Money/MCMG. I haven't seen TNA's cage since switching back to a real ring, prefer it to the WWE one - doesn't have all that crap that you can grab to assist yourself in climbing, and also has smaller panels so the mesh parts don't give as much.

[quote name='Scorch']what did he say?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Kaz, I believe he said something to the effect of "We are not a bunch of rookies, we are some of the best seasoned vets in the galaxy"(referring to himself, Ric Flair & the rest of fortune).

I have watched a lot of Kazarian from various promotions, including World Wrestling All-Stars, and always thought he just doesn't have "the look." He's decent in the ring, but I'm not a fan. He definitely makes a better smug heel than futuristic-whatever-the-hell.

But he's definitely the Mongo/Lex Luger of Flair's new faction.

Edit: And why--isn't--McGuinness in Flair's faction? No one else in the group (outside of Flair) is even near his level of bad-ass-snob mic work.

I have zero idea why Kaz gets a push over Wolfe. I agree that Kaz just doesn't look, or act, like an 'it' guy.

Speaking of, Jeff Hardy officially looks like they just grabbed a random guy out of Hot Topic and threw him into the ring. Also, and don't question this, but he has fat guy hair.

Note: next time I hear 'charismatic enigma', I start murdering people. It's a terrible nickname anyway, let alone when they say it 15 times each time Hardy appears on camera. Ugh.

Hour 1 absolutely sucked. Dreamer's promo was bad, Foley's was just sad. This whole thing went on for what seemed like forever before Hogan came out and gave his "ringing" endorsement. I loved that he acknowledged Dixie's statement about them being to the '90s what he was to the '80s and then buried them by saying he was too busy in WCW to actually watch them. Tenay announcing the NO DQ HARDCORE WEAPONS match seemed to come from the department of redudancy department in TNA management. TBP's bickering was annoying. Love-Sarita as a number 1 contender's match didn't make much sense - why should Love have to earn the slot again since she previously had the belt? At least Sarita's ass looked hot in her new tights. I LOLed when they showed an ass shot alongside Dixie's Twitter plug.

OJ and EY forming a new wacky team at least gives them something to do. Having EY play the retarded EY character again without showing what led to it was pretty stupid. They showed it afterwards, but it should've been shown before it as opposed to after. OJ giving Val his used gum was pretty gross. Then Ink Inc. beat OJ, the retard, and the mannequin. Taz was awesome in this mocking the idiocy of it all.

Flair's Fortune promo was pretty good stuff. Kaz's portion was laughable. His mockery of "WWE Universe" with "TNA Galaxy" didn't seem very funny to me since it's EXACTLY the type of thing TNA would actually do to follow the leader. Then he bashed Nexus for being a bunch of rookies. He followed it up by saying that Fortune's a group of world-class workers, which is fine, but knocking Nexus is pretty stupid since they'll draw more in their first PPV appearance than TNA will for an entire year's worth of PPVs. AJ's Global title name change was okay - it didn't make a ton of sense despite them adding the stip of it being defended on every TV show and PPV, and I did laugh when he said it was NOW the TV title and they showed a close-up of the Global name plate. Flair bringing up only wanting chicks with full bushes was...something else. Oh, and he announced that he'll face Jay Lethal in a street fight on free TV next week. Great. Well, they already undercut whatever good was done with the win with the Jeff Hardy burial, so what the hell. After being a group for two weeks, AJ's won a secondary title from a stiff with help, Kazarian lost to said stiff in 30 seconds, and Beer Money lost after being inducted into the group. Fortune's off to quite the start.

Guns-Beer Money was incredible. They were allowed to just have an awesome cage match without any stupid ref shit and the match was better for it. The Morgan-Anderson deal was pretty good. Morgan showed more on the mic here than he has in a while. The security guys getting involved in the deal was at least something new-ish. Okay, they did the same thing with MEM security, but at least these dudes are in shape and have decent names. Anderson's promo building up the match was okay, but man did Jeff ever looked bored during it. The match itself...certainly was a match.

Rob Terry squashing Kazarian...wow. Kaz looks like such a weak link in Fortune now. They're worried about protecting ROB TERRY after a loss, but can't be bothered to protect Lethal after the biggest win of his career? WTF!? This company is even more clueless than ever. Bischoff announcing the PPV-esque post-PPV Impact was kinda strange since Abyss said that he and RVD would have the most extreme match ever. Probably not the best idea to build up a free show based on violence right after a PPV based around it as well. Abyss cowering from Al Snow, Simon Diamond, and D'Lo w/chairs was pretty funny.

Then Dreamer came out in MMA gloves and topped it. Dreamer-Abyss was joined in progress at 10:50 and 3 minutes into it, Taz brought up Dreamer trying to conserve his stamina. God this was bad. They used the kendo stick, trash cans, teased Janice, AND USED A BARB WIRE BOARD. Dreamer got beat via chokeslam onto the board, then Raven came out look 1,000 years old with thinning blonde hair and hit him with a chair, kneeled over him and I think licked his face or something before doing his crucifix pose. I was much happier when these guys were wacky partners who hated each other in ECW. God this show sucked. Guns-Beer Money was the only good thing on it.

Screens -

More Screens -

Quotes -
Dreamer - I have been here for about 8 weeks and this is the loudest I’ve ever heard the Impact Zone! And I know there’s been a lot of BUZZ, ARE WE ALL GETTING READY FOR HARDCORE JUSTICE OR WHAT!? I KNOW THERE’S A LOT OF BUZZ ABOUT THE 8TH, and first off, due to some legal complications with the alphabet and certain letters - we have decided, we got with our attorneys, so we came up with a newer extreme version - EV2.0 - pretty basic, pretty simple. I would like to thank my brother here for joining us! There’s a certain angry man who’s not putting his differences aside… What’s going on?
Devon - I don’t know what’s going on. I wanna call him out here right now! And settle this once and for all - BUBBA, COME ON DOWN!
Tenay - I AM SO CURIOUS TO HEAR BROTHER RAY’S REACTION TO SEEING DEVON COME OUT WITH EV2.0!
Devon - Bro, you and I have had our differences, let’s put it aside, the differences between you and Jesse, you and I - this is our family! This is where it all began for you and I. RIGHT HERE. THESE GUYS HAVE HAD OUR BACK SINCE DAY 1! SO I HAVE TO ASK YOU THE QUESTION RIGHT NOW - ARE YOU IN OR ARE YOU OUT!?
Dreamer - BUBBA, BUBBA, BUBBA, BUBBA SERIOUS! Serious. You’re my best friend man. Enough. This. Is. Something. Bigger. This. Is. Your. Favorite. Rock Band. KISS. Putting on the makeup and doing it one more time for the fans man! BUBBA, ONE LAST NIGHT TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED US. We’re not trying to recapture any magic or do anything…
Foley - Brother Ray, Brother Ray, BROTHER RAY! Make no mistake about it, with you or without you, we’re gonna have one hell of a show. But in my humble hardcore opinion, the show’s gonna be this much better with your willing participation. I’m not a fortune teller - I can’t see the future, but I can guarantee we all make mistakes, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO THIS SHOW, THIS WILL BE THE THING YOU REGRET NOT DOING! RESOLVE YOUR DIFFERENCES BECAUSE NOW, I WANT YOU IN OUR RING!
Taz - Bubba, listen to me. Just do it, man!
Fan - GIVE HIM A HUG!
Bubba - Just answer me one question. Are we gonna light somebody on fire!?
Crowd - EV 2.0 EV 2.0 EV 2.0!
Bubba - WHAT THE HELL. SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN. I’M IN! (Hogan comes out)
Taz - I’m surprised to see the Hulkster come out here right here!
Tenay - REMEMBER, LAST WEEK, DIXIE CARTER COMPARED HULK HOGAN TO EV 2.0 AS FAR AS WHAT THEY’VE DONE IN PRO WRESTLING!
Taz - I never thought I’d see Hulk Hogan in the ring with these guys from South Philly. Pretty weird.
Hogan - WELCOME TO TNA! Looks like you guys are gonna ride again - that’s cool and thanks for doing it in TNA. I just wish I’d a known and I heard the announcement heard around the world. If I’d a known, I’d a had some extra surprises for you guys. This is real cool man. I get this whole hardcore thing. But these guys are gonna take it to another level. THE SHOT HEARD AROUND THE WORLD WHEN DIXIE MADE THE ANNOUNCEMENT KEPT ROLLING OUT. She said that these guys were to the ‘90s what I was to the ‘80s. I’M GONNA AGREE 110% WITH HER ON THAT. But I missed the whole thing. While they were tearing it, I was busy with a black beard, but now I’m gonna be able to see it. I CAN SEE HARDCORE RIDE AGAIN AND NO ONE DOES IT BETTER THAN THESE GUYS. Since everyone’s in such a giving mood, Eric and I have a special surprise for all the fans tonight. Eric will be out later to tell you all the surprise. (Abyss comes out)
Tenay - HULK HOGAN JOINS EV 2.0!
Abyss - I HATE TO BREAK UP THIS EXTREME REUNION, BUT I’M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE NOT HAPPY! NOT ONLY ARE THEY NOT HAPPY, BUT THEY ARE DAMN RIGHT PISSED OFF. THIS EXTREME REUNION WAS NEVER A PART OF THEIR PLAN. IT WASN’T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, AND THERE’S ONE PERSON THEY HOLD SOLEY RESPONSIBLE, AND IT’S NOT YOU DREAMER, OR YOU FOLEY, OR ANY OF THESE SHEEP, OR YOU HULK! THE ONE PERSON THEY HOLD RESPONSIBLE IS YOU DIXIE CARTER!
Hogan - I could care less what they say, don’t say, like or don’t like. YOU SHOULD HIT THE ROAD, DUDE, FIND A COUCH IN A SHRINK’S OFFICE AND GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED OUT. TOMMY DREAMER IS A GUEST OF OURS IN TNA AND NOTHING’S GONNA GO DOWN UNTIL THE PPV.
Abyss - THEY HAVE GIVEN ME ORDERS TONIGHT TO TAKE TOMMY DREAMER OUT! THERE WILL BE NO HARDCORE JUSTICE!
Hogan - HE’S OUR GUEST AND HE DOESN’T STEP UP UNTIL HE’S GOOD AND READY AT HARDCORE JUSTICE!
Dreamer - With all due respect, and if it’s okay with you, I would love to fight you! TONIGHT! SO IF YOU WILL ALLOW IT, AND YOU WILL ALLOW IT, I SAY WE DO IT FOR EVERYBODY!
Rayne - I want things to go back to how they were.
Lacey - PLEASE!
Rayne - I’m sorry.
Lacey - PLEASE!
Velvet - It’ll take more than sorry.
Lacey - PLEASE!
Velvet - Okay. Velvet will be the peace maker.
Tenay - ANGELINA MADE HISTORY - SHE WAS THE FIRST FOUR-TIME KNOCKOUTS CHAMPION. But it was short-lived due to referee error!
Taz - Everything’s beautiful with the Beautiful People.
Taz - Velvet and Lacey don’t know who was under the helmet. They think it’s a woman, unless it’s an oddly-shaped man.
Tenay - ABYSS-DREAMER WILL BE A WEAPONS HARDCORE NO-DQ MATCH!
Taz - HARDCORE WEAPONS!
Taz - BAT-SUPLEX BY THE SPICY-HOT SARITA!
Taz - She’s grabbing her by the bloomers!
OJ - Eric, there’s something’s wrong with you man. You on something?
EY - I’m messed up on rum candy! You only need to be 19 to buy that stuff in Canada you know.
OJ - ARE YOU MENTALLY CHALLENGED!?
EY - I wouldn’t challenge a mentalist at anything. I got kicked in the head. I’ve got backup! He’s got my back and your back.
OJ - And they say I got problems!
Tenay - RECENTLY ON XPLOSION, ERIC YOUNG’S BEHAVIOR HAS COME INTO QUESTION.
Taz - Talk about Pro Wrestling’s Odd Couple. The 1970s want their sitcom back.
Tenay - Don’t worry - it works just as well in 2010!
(after OJ spits his gum in Val’s mouth)Taz - I JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH! I SWEAR TO GOD THAT WAS DISGUSTING.
Taz - Lord knows what that gum has been through.
Taz - EY has a high crotch on the mannequin. That’s disturbing. The mannequin’s a little stiff.
Taz - OJ is able to turn it on and off. We’ve seen guys like that before. Like Adrian Adonis and Adrian Street.
Taz - Who’s holding the tag rope? Eric or the mannequin?
Tenay - I think Eric tied the tag rope to the mannequin.
Taz - That’s…tremendous.
Taz - Who’s legal?
Tenay - The one-armed mannequin.
Tenay - CROSS BODY.
Taz - OH NO, HE SHATTERED HIS LEG!
Taz - Eric’s checking on the mannequin. It needs help - lost an arm and a leg.
Flair - DO YOU SMELL THAT!? In the words of the legendary Ray Stevens - it’s excitement in the air! WOO! Jay Lethal, we’ve already assumed, and we already know I’M A WRESTLING GOD! I’m also a wrestling genius, therefore in every contract I sign, I have a return match clause. Next week, IT’S YOU AND ME. AND IT’S NOT HARDCORE. IT’S A STREET FIGHT TIL THE END. NO RULES! KNOWING THAT I’M PREPARED TO BLEED AND SWEAT AND PAY THE PRICE OF A WRESTLING LIFETIME. MY SMALLEST BLACK BROTHER, BE READY. THAT’S RIGHT, MY SMALLEST BLACK BROTHER. YOU’VE GOT THE NATURE BOY - WOO WOO WOO! NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT FORTUNE. Welcome to the group the great team BEER MONEY! THE REAL MUSCLE IN TNA. AND GIRLS, AFTER THE MATCHES, THEY’RE A HANDFUL TOO! Got that baby?! Yeah.
Roode - Ric, it’s an honor. But James and I gotta be honest with ya. We knew it would only be a matter of time until we joined Fortune because how can the greatest faction go without the greatest tag team in the business today!? Tonight’s gonna be a huge night for Fortune, because tonight, when we beat the Guns for the third time in a row, we will become THE FOUR TIME, FOUR TIME, FOUR TIME, FOUR TIME, TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
Flair - DON’T HURT YOURSELF SWALLOWING THAT. LET’S TALK TO THE NEW GLOBAL CHAMP.
Kaz - What’s standing here before you isn’t a gang of angry rookies - what we are are four seasoned vets who are the best at what we do in the entire TNA GALAXY!
AJ - I couldn’t a said it any better. Know why we’re the best? Cuz this man deserves the best. He deserves respect. And out of that respect, I’m gonna give credibility to this title. How? Whether it be South America, Canada, in the States - if you have a TV then you know what drives the sport. This isn’t the Global title - that doesn’t draw ratings - FORTUNE DRAWS RATINGS. THEREFORE, THIS IS THE TELEVISION TITLE! (camera shows Global name plate)Starting next week, on every TV and every PPV, I will honor this title and it starts with you, Rob Terry. I’m gonna give you a rematch, not for the crappy Global title, but for this Television Title. IF you can get past Kazarian. HE MIGHT JUST CRIPPLE YOU!
Flair - GIRLS, WE’LL BE AT THE HOTEL TONIGHT. AND WE’LL BE RUNNING ALL NIGHT LONG! If you got the game, and you’re a dark-haired girl with a full sweater 18-28, we’ll be there! CUZ IT’S THE BEST THING GOING TODAY!
Angle - AJ, I’m glad to hear that you will honor that title. But it’s important for you to know that I need to honor my commitment as well, which means climbing the ladder in TNA and winning the TNA Title. Unfortunately, you’re next in line! Oh it’s real - IT’S DAMN REAL!
Taz - Robert Roode is gaffed open!
Taz - Morgan’s yelling at the microphone.
Tenay - I think he’s yelling at the guy who’s supposed to drop the mic.
Taz - There’s a guy who does that?
Tenay - It’s almost like the mic is reluctant.
Morgan - (breaths deeply) LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. IT IS MY HONOR TO INTRODUCE TO YOU A MAN THAT STANDS AT AN ASTONISHING DAMN NEAR 8 FEET TALL! HE WEIGHED IN THIS MORNING AT A BONE-CRUSHING FOUR HUNDRED 84 AND ONE QUARTER POUNDS. HE HAILS FROM THE MEAN STREETS OF FAIRFIELD CONNECTICUT! HE IS THE DNA OF TNA! THE MVP OF SPIKE TV! THE BLUEPRINT MATT MOR-GAN! Wait for it. WAIT! WAIT FOR IT! MOOOOORRRRRRGGGAAAANNNN!
Tenay - Often imitated, never duplicated - Mr. Anderson!
Anderson - See how easy that was? One more time. I don’t know what your problem is man. EASY! I tell ya what. Lemme come down there and get a little closer.
Taz - I think the fun and games with the mic might end real quick.
Morgan - Relax. Real cute up there by the way. Tell me something, funny man, don’t ya find it ironic that this steel mic, YOUR VERY CALLING CARD, is the very thing that left you in a pool fo your own blood. Well, ya find it ironic? THE RESIDENT LOUDMOUTH OF TNA HAS NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT!? I see what it is. I see it in your eyes. YOU WANNA HIT ME, DONCHA!? You wanna take out the big, bad wolf, doncha Kenny!? How about this? I’ll bend over, put my jaw out for ya, and you can pop me as hard as you want. But we know that you’re too scared to do it Kenny-poo. GROW A PAIR! COME ON KENNY! ONE RIGHT IN THE KISSER! COME ON KENNY, YOU GOT IT IN YA…(Anderson low blows him)
Taz - Don’t think he had to bend down for that shot.
(as Morgan chokes Ken with the mic)Taz - HE’S CUTTING THE AIR OFF TO THE MAN’S BRAIN!
Tenay - HERE COMES JEFF HARDY!
Taz - It’s Murphy and Gunner! Murphy’s the big security guy! I think they’re overstepping their bounds a bit.
Tenay - HERE COME D’LO, AL SNOW, AND PAT KENNEY - TNA EXECUTIVES! (they come out in jeans and untucked shirts)
Anderson - I know these security guys have been training for ten years and the best they could do was be security. WELL BOYS, TONIGHT, YOU GET TO FACE MY BOY JEFFREY NERO HARDY! AND YOURS TRULY. IN THE RING. LET’S GO JEFFRO!
Tenay - BISCHOFF’S BLOCKBUSTER IS NEXT!
Tenay - Murphy and Gunner have pro wrestling backgrounds - and athletic backgrounds too!
Tenay - Murphy’s wrestled in Puerto Rico. And they’ve been around wrestling for 10 years! BUT WHAT A WAY TO BREAK INTO THE WRESTLING BUSINESS THIS IS!
Tenay - Gunner tags Morgan.
Taz - Can anyone tag anyone? Someone tag the ref!
Morgan - THE BLUEPRINT’S OFF THE CLOCK, FOLKS!
Tenay - JUST WANNA REMIND YOU THAT BISCHOFF’S BLOCKBUSTER IS NEXT! ALSO, THE HARDCORE, NO DQ WEAPONS MATCH IS LATER!
Christy - Hulk, what’s the big announcement?
Hogan - Christy, I gotta go to NEW YORK for a meeting. He’s been giving out little bits and pieces over the weeks.
Eric - I love each and every oen of you. Especially you. The end always hangs on the beginning, and with that being the case, i want everyone to take out a pen and write this down - August 12, 9 PM Eastern - you’re gonna see something you’ve never seen before. Why? BECAUSE THAT BEAUTIFUL WOMAN DIXIE CARTER MOTIVATED ME BY ANNOUNCING THAT SHE WAS GONNA GIVE THE EV2.0 GUYS A CHANCE TO HAVE THEIR MOMENT WITH HARDCORE JUSTICE! AND THAT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO! AS WAS HIRING MICK FOLEY BACK AFTER I FIRED HIM. I know I was wrong. If she can give back to the fans, then so can Hulk and I. We talked to Spike execs and the guys at Spike believing in us said LET’S GIVE THEM PPV QUALITY ACTION ON IMPACT. YOU WANT IT!? THANK YOU, DIXIE! GIVE IT UP FOR DIXIE CARTER EVERYBODY! (Abyss comes out)
Abyss - Bischoff, I spoke to THEM and THEY want me to make the main event for that night! YA SEE, THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A BLUE PRINT. AND IT INVOLVES THE FOLLOWING! MYSELF, A FIFTEEN FOOT LADDER, RVD, AND MY GIRL JANICE! AND WHAT WE’RE GONNA DO, ACCORDING TO THEIR BLUE PRINT, WE’RE GONNA HANG JANICE 15 FEET AND ME AND RVD ARE GONNA HAVE THE MOST EXTREME MATCH EVER! AND IN THE END, I’M GONNA CLIMB THE LADDER, GRAB MY GIRL, AND I’M GONNA RIP THE FLESH OFF OF RVD’S ASS! NOW, THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN. SO MAKE IT HAPPEN, BISCHOFF! ARE YOU GONNA MAKE IT HAPPEN, OR DO YOU WANT THE WRATH OF JANICE!?
Eric - I’ll make it happen.
Abyss - Bischoff, you chose wisely! You’re okay with me. But my girl Janice, she doesn’t forget a few weeks ago when you bitch-slapped me. So my girl just asked me to allow her to show you just what a real bitch is! (RVD waits for his theme to play to make the save)
Tenay - ABYSS IS POINTING AT DIXIE!
(after Dreamer says he’s been here for 8 weeks)Taz - TOMMY DREAMER DOESN’T HAVE A CONTRACT HERE IN TNA!
(3 minutes into the match)Taz - Dreamer’s trying to get his endurance going.
Taz - DREAMER NAILS THE CROSS BODY!
Taz - Dreamer’s wrestled some big guys, but I don’t know if they’ve had the violence-ability that Abyss has.
Taz - Yambag Yahtzee with the kendo stick.
Dreamer - E-V-2.0! (baseball slide dropkick)

Last edited by a moderator:
TNAwrestling.com has received word from Tommy Dreamer that Balls Mahoney, Axl Rotten and Johnny Swinger have all been added to HardCORE Justice on August 8!

Johnny fucking Swinger!!!! Maybe he will be teamed with Simon Diamond!

[quote name='TNADixieLOL on Twitter']Trying to setup Axl vs. Ian in a "Tight Pay" Death Match. Taped fists dipped in glue, then a vat of change. Whatever's left, you keep... LOL[/QUOTE] Hearing that Axl's confirmed for Hardcore Justice reminded me of that tweet from the fake Dixie Carter Twitter account.

Poor Raven. Time (and/or his diet, exercise regimine, etc.) hasn't been kind to him. :whistle2:( I have always loved Raven. Guy knows wrestling and did it well for quite a while.

[quote name='007']I have zero idea why Kaz gets a push over Wolfe. I agree that Kaz just doesn't look, or act, like an 'it' guy.

Speaking of, Jeff Hardy officially looks like they just grabbed a random guy out of Hot Topic and threw him into the ring. Also, and don't question this, but he has fat guy hair.

Note: next time I hear 'charismatic enigma', I start murdering people. It's a terrible nickname anyway, let alone when they say it 15 times each time Hardy appears on camera. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I think I read in a post in this thread that supposedly TNA has put Wolfe/McGuinness in the dog-house for being--again, supposedly--difficult to work with.

Hopefully, that's not true. He finally ditched those awful jackets for a long, robe-like coat--which suits him a lot better. (And, honestly, it just looks neat.)

Random TNA thoughts:

-- Beer Money--Machineguns is one of the best features of present TNA programming. The other is...

-- I'd let "Generation Me" use their Young Bucks name and either let them use their real name or rename them. "Max Buck" is a terrible, awful, no good, very bad name. "Max", in general, is a terrible name--unless you're a Tiny Toons character.

So Dudleys vs. Balls & Axl, I assume? If they can get Mamaluke and Guido, I'm cool with them working against Simon & Swinger.

[quote name='guyver2077']TNAwrestling.com has received word from Tommy Dreamer that Balls Mahoney, Axl Rotten and Johnny Swinger have all been added to HardCORE Justice on August 8!

Johnny fucking Swinger!!!! Maybe he will be teamed with Simon Diamond![/QUOTE]

Oh, sweet! :D

That's definitely a plus. :)

[quote name='Chase']Poor Raven. Time (and/or his diet, exercise regimine, etc.) hasn't been kind to him. :whistle2:( I have always loved Raven. Guy knows wrestling and did it well for quite a while.

[/QUOTE]

I thought I read/heard somewhere a few years ago that he had thyroid disease. Could be wrong though. But if thats the case, it could explain his battle of being overweight.

Personally, I'd love to see him get one more good run in TNA although it seems very unlikely. It's like he's there for 4-6 weeks then gone for a few months to a year before returning again.

So Dreamer is kayfabe booking the EV2.0(pronounced ECW) PPV? I guess Tommy is the next best thing to Paul E. in TNA's eyes. Unless Dreamer continues to wrestle weekly after the PPV is over he will become a glorified Hardcore-Hogan. Just another figurehead wasting camera time. He deserves it I guess.

Oh. I get it. When pronounced with the same emphasis as "ECW", the name "EV2.0" sounds a little similar to "ECW."

And this was Eric Bischoff's idea?

Wow.

Just--wow. What is TNA's goal? To never again innovate or be creative?

Alex Shelley apparently tweaked his knee at the Impact tapings this week and has been pulled from the PWG show tonight. In his absence, they've adjusted the card to have Sabin wrestle Akira Tozawa and the previously planned Young Bucks/Cutlers Guerrilla Warfare match is now a 3-Way Guerrilla Warfare with London & Generico joining the match.

I'm still convinced Jeff Hardy (Fat Hardy, Version 2) ate Biz Markie in hopes of using Markie's beats to, ahem, 'beat' the system.

*goes and sits in corner*

Also:

Choking with objects, not PG.
A gang assaulting and binding a man while he screams out in pain as they shatter his hand, PG.

Loved this week's show a lot. Kane's wacky promo was fun. Drew doing an Anderson-bros. attack on Christian's arm and going back to using a variety of parts of the ring to get the edge is great. Christian getting a chance to work more great, long matches on a weekly basis is good for him and me. Striker being owned here was fantastic. The DASHING Cody Rhodes vignettes continue to rule. Show-Gallows lead to an awesome post-match beating with Punk and Serena destroying Show's hand while Joseph Mercury choked him out with a sleeper with his own legs wrapped around the ropes for leverage - that ruled.

Kofi and Dolph had another good match. I liked this one more than last week's, and Kofi's post-match beatdown was awesome. It was the most impressive-looking thing he's done since coming to SD. This also featured MATT STRIKER of all people claiming that Todd Grisham made shit up.

Swagger's claim that he'll break Rey's arms and legs before throwing him into the Gulf of Mexico in order to prevent him from wrestling at Summerslam was amusing since donig that would, you know, KILL REY MYSTERIO. Michelle-Tiffany was a match. Striker calling Michelle the most athletic diva ever was something else. Sure, she loved life, roller skating, and volleyball, but COME ON! Him singing her theme only made him seem like an even bigger goof. Swagger and Rey didn't have much of a match, but I loved all the arena brawling. They don't do it often, so it meant something here, and I like it whenever they make use of the venue they're in.

Screens -

None more green.

HEY, I'M WALKING HERE!

Quotes -

Kane - For 60 days and 60 nights, I have sat by my brother’s bedside while he suffers silently. Waiting for a sign of who did this to him. Yesterday, MY BROTHER MOVED. Not only that, but he opened his eyes, and then for the first time in two months, my brother spoke. His voice was weak and frail, and he could manage to utter only two words, BUT WHAT HE SAID WILL BE FOREVER ENGRAVED IN MY PSYCHE BECAUSE THEY WERE THE NAME OF HIS ASSAILANT. WHEN I HEARD IT, A TIDAL WAVE OF ANGER AND PAIN CONSUMED MY ENTIRE BEING. THIS ENTIRE TIME, THE GUILTY PARTY HAS BEEN STARING ME IN THE EYES BUT I WAS TOO BLIND TO SEE IT. THE MAN WHO ATTACKED MY BROTHER IS REY MYSTERIO! My brother and I sat stoicly staring at one another before he drifted back into unconsiousness. THE WORDS REY MYSTERIO HUNG IN THE AIR LIKE A DEMON. WHY REY, WHY? HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS!? I KNOW THAT YOU COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT ALONE. BUT THAT DOESN’T MATTER. THE MORE I THOUGHT ABOUT IT, THE MORE I REALIZED IT WAS TRUE. It all made sense - YOU HAD MORE TO GAIN THAN ANYONE. HE BEAT YOU, AND YOU TOOK THE COWARD’S WAY OUT - the next week, like a virus invading its host, you won a battle royal and secured your place back in the world championship fatal 4 way match. TWO WEEKS LATER, YOU WON THE WORLD TITLE WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE HUNG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME. THE ONLY REASON YOU WON WAS BECAUSE MY BROTHER WASN’T THERE TO STOP YOU, BUT I DID. I CASHED IN MY CASE AND BROUGHT THE HOLY GRAIL BACK TO THE DARK SIDE. AT SUMMERSLAM, I WILL BEAT YOU AGAIN - BUT DEFEATING YOU WILL NOT BE ENOUGH. VICTORY WILL NOT SATISFY MY APPETITE FOR VENGEANCE. THIS TIME, I WILL MAKE YOU EXPERIENCE WHAT MY BROTHER HAS ENDURED. I AM GOING TO OPEN THIS CASKET AND STUFF YOU IN. I WILL DAMN YOU TO ETERNAL HELL WHERE THE FIRES WILL CONSUME YOU OVER AND OVER. I WILL DAMN YOU TO ETERNAL PAIN AS YOU SCREAM IN AGONY. YOU WILL BE PRAYING, BUT NOT TO GOD ALMIGHTY, BUT TO MEEEE! And then, I will shut this lid. And Rey as we have known him, will cease to exist. As you gasp for air, and the light dims, your fate will be sealed and so too will your soul. As the life oozes out of your pores, the last thought that will go through your mind will be to repent over what you did to my brother! And then Rey, the only thing left will be the darkness!
Striker - When Drew McIntyre comes into the arena, you can FEEL Drew McIntyre just ENTER into our world! Mr. McMahon sees money in Drew McIntyre, and he knows about money in this business - he put it there!
Striker - I’d say that Drew McIntyre has already accomplished more in a short time than Christian has.
Grisham - Christian won a title on his first night in the company.
Striker - Yes…but since then, it’s put him on a whirlwind ride!
Grisham - Drew’s had some obstacles to overcome, including being deported.
Striker - So he had to fill out paperwork - can’t you fill out paperwork?
Grisham - Yes, but if things had gone the other way, we could’ve never seen him again.
Striker - SHOULDERBREAKER ON THE STEPS BY MCINTYRE!
(as he beats Christian’s arm down)Drew - WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED, CHRISTIAN!?
Striker - There are three degrees of separation, and Christian’s shoulder…LOOK AT THE VEINS!
Striker - THIS IS GREAT. THIS IS COMPETITION. THIS IS THE WWE. THIS IS WHAT MEN DO!
Striker - When Christian pauses, he looks to THE UNIVERSE! for support.
Cody - A dirty face with black heads is unacceptable AND unappealing. You too can be DASHING, which is why facials are so important to today’s man.
Punk - WHO’S GONNA LET ME DOWN TONIGHT, IS IT YOU. SERENA? LET ME SMELL YOUR BREATH! Well thank you for showing up to work sober. HOW ABOUT YOU JOSEPH. TWO WEEKS AGO, YOU DIDN’T LIFT A FINGER WHEN THAT MONGOLOID THE BIG SHOW LIFTED THAT MASK OFF MY FACE. LUKE, YOU’RE THE REASON I’M WEARING A MASK TO BEGIN WITH. YOU SEE THIS? IT’S A SLING! THIS IS THE REASON I COULDN’T STOP THE BIG SHOW FROM WEARING MY MASK!
Mercury - HE TOOK MY MASK OFF TOO.
Punk - I’M SORRY, HE TOOK MY MASK OFF TOO! YOU NEED A TISSUE!? Serena, you got one? BECAUSE THE CRYBABY NEEDS ONE. THERE’S ONE PERSON HERE WHO WOULD BE FINE - ME. YOU ALL WOULD FALL APART WITHOUT ME. YOU’RE NOTHING. YOU’RE NOTHING. WITHOUT ME, YOU ARE NOTHING. DO SOMETHING! OR PACK YOUR BAGS!
Grisham - In back to back weeks, Show has demasked Punk and Joseph Mercury.
Striker - Punk without the mask resembles an in-shape Jake “the Milkman” Milliman.
Striker - Despite his aggression, the Big Show can be so jovial to the younger members of the WWE Universe.
Striker - Show travels by bus around the world. If you see him in town, go see him. He has BBQs and listens to Hank Williams Jr. It’s a party.
(after taking off his sling)Punk - YOU’RE GONNA NEED THIS A LOT MORE THAN I DO!
Grisham - It’s Dolph’s birthday this week, and guess what she got him? She wrote him a poem. And bought chocolates - but someone ate them before him.
Grisham - Kofi told me when he was a kid, he didn’t have weights, so he made his own obstacle course.
Striker - What was it made of?
Grisham - Bamboo and dirt. He told me that he’d get the whole neighborhood to run and then make it so difficult that only he could complete it.
Striker - DO YOU JUST MAKE STUFF UP!?
Grisham - No, I do research.
Striker - Remember how back in the day that superstars would have to slap their opponent’s back to wake them up after a sleeper hold? It says something about the evolution of today’s superstars…
Grisham - The Dolph/Vickie deal reminds me of Tom Arnold and Roseanne Barr.
Striker - I think it’s more like Romeo and Juliet - something more sincere.
Grisham - Yeah, you’re real sincere.
(as Vickie is shown with NO NOTEPAD)Striker - Vickie is taking notes.
(after the fame-asser)Striker - Dolph makes him famous.
(as Kofi does the EXACT SAME GROUND AND POUND he did last week)Striker - I’VE NEVER SEEN THIS SIDE OF KOFI!
Fan - GET HIM KOFI! BOOM BOOM BOOM!
Crowd - KOFI! KOFI! KOFI!
Swagger - Do you want the Swagger family health update? HE’S STILL IN THE HOSPITAL. What you should be asking me is what I’m gonna do to Rey tonight in a match where there are no rules.
Josh - Okay. What are you gonna do to Rey?
Swagger - I’M GONNA BREAK HIS LEGS AND THROW HIM INTO THE GULF OF MEXICO! IT’S A DISEASED AND CONTAMINATED BODY OF WATER. IF HE CAN’T WALK, HE CAN’T SWIM. AND WITH TWO BROKEN LEGS, HE DEFINITELY WON’T BE COMPETING AT SUMMERSLAM.
Vickie - EXCUSE ME. I SAID EXCUSE ME. THE FOLLOWING MATCH FOR THE WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT LAYLA IS NOT THE MEMBER OF LAYCOOL TO DEFEND THE TITLE. EXCUSE ME. MICHELLE AND LAYLA ARE CO WOMEN’S CHAMPIONS, SO WITH THE POWER INVESTED IN ME AS SMACKDOWN’S OFFICIAL CONSULTANT, DEFENDING THE TITLE WILL BE MICHELLE MCCOOL.
Striker - Tiffany is in the ring with the MOST ATHLETIC DIVA IN WWE HISTORY.
Striker - NO ONE GETS UP WHEN THEIR FAITH IS BROKEN. FAITH BROKEN! HIT THE MUSIC - You’re not enough for me…
Del Rio - My name is Alberto Del Rio - you know me know. As people, we want the best. The best house, the great job - the unattainable. Deep down, you have the power to get these things, but you don’t. Why? Because you’re mentally constipated. You keep your ambitions bottled up - unable to come out. But not me. I achieve everything I set my mind to. I am not bound by limitations. Or imprisoned by insecurities. So you know me now.
Grisham - Most athletes who suffer muscle tears take 6-8 weeks off - REY TOOK NO TIME OFF.
Striker - How wise is that?
Grisham - He doesn’t want to let his WWE Universe fans down.
Grisham - What level of vitriol must there be for someone to try and end your career!?
Striker - It sets off an alarm! This is how Rey feeds his daughter, son, and wife - AND HE FEEDS OFF THE WWE UNIVERSE.
Grisham - Rey is using the No DQ non-rules to his advantage!
(as he stops carrying Rey outside due tot a car stopping in his path)Swagger - I’M WALKING HERE!
Swagger - I CAN’T SWIM. HELP ME. I’M DROWNING.

Lucha Libre USA thoughts -

Obviously Lucha Libre USA heard the complaints about showing crowds in the hundreds on their shows and have decided to show dozens instead. The use of a four-sided ring might mean something if they'd been on the air longer than two weeks, and it makes them look less unique. At least they're clearly pushing Brewer as THE biggest heel in the company, and giving him credibility by having his threats actually be carried out.

Lujo's backstage deal was way too overproduced. Kong debuting was a very pleasant surprise - especially since I'd just watched her match with Sara Del Ray earlier today. I want to buy one of those Chi Chi - State of Fabulous vanity plates. I enjoyed this show more than the first two, but the show is still packed with problems. Tonight's had about nine million damned Rhaka Khan promos, and the only one that was remotely entertaining was her "WHAT UP MAH NINJA!?" one with Octagoncito. El Oriental and Tinieblas Jr.'s self-shot video was neat, and I love that the group at least knows how to use subtitles properly unlike TNA. Here, they're white text with colored on a solid black background, while in TNA, they're white text on no background just against the video itself, which oftentimes resulted in the text being unreadable because of the lightly-colored areas they'd shoot in.

Screens -

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']Choking with objects, not PG.
Throwing a man in a river and leaving him to drown while he screams for help, PG.[/QUOTE]Quoted for mother fuckING truth. Double standard fail.

Even though I haven't watched wrestling in at least a year now I stopped at a little out of the way thrift store today and I found a set of cards from 1999 showing Wrestlemania moments.

It's supposed to be a 54 card set, but unfortunately I think there's a couple missing and whoever had them before me actually used card 54(checklist card)as intended and X'd out each one they had.:cry:

They each show a moment from each respective Wrestlemania up until that point.

The cards are actually pretty damn interesting, as I believe the back of them even gives some detail as to what's going on in the photo on the reverse side.

I bought them mainly out of curiousity, but they're definitely very cool to me anyway since I was still into watching wrestling avidly back in '99.

Looks like I'm gonna be in Orlando during the Hardcore Justice PPV. The fan experience is only $100 per person... I'm thinking about doing it. :]

For what it's worth, Bryan Danielson got a necktie streamer shower, a "fuck Michael Cole" chant, and a "Cena got his fucking head kicked in" chant tonight at PWG's 7th anniversary show.

It feels like every time they're in Corpus, there's a "heel attempts to throw face into Gulf of Mexico but gets countered and winds up in the water" spot. I think last time, it was Chavo & CM Punk? At least Kane came out to throw Rey in at the end.

I wish LayCool would last forever. They're the best thing in the WWE right now. :(

So.. not many responses. I assume no one here has done the TNA PPV fan package deal before? I'm considering it.. leaning towards getting the fan package for myself and then the cheaper tickets for my lady. She's going to be busy and I doubt she would care to do the whole fan thing anyway... but the real question is would I be able to get her down to the good seats with me if I buy her the cheaper tickets... hmmmmm.

WrestleMania was worth that to me, and I'm paying about $100 after fees for SummerSlam, and a little less for the double Raw the next night.

But holy shit. I may have been to WrestleMania, Bound For Glory, ROH, PPVs, TV shows, indy shows, but PWG Seven was the craziest show I've ever seen! That event last night was just beyond words. Wow.

[quote name='JJSP']For what it's worth, Bryan Danielson got a necktie streamer shower, a "fuck Michael Cole" chant, and a "Cena got his fucking head kicked in" chant tonight at PWG's 7th anniversary show.[/QUOTE]

Were you posting this from the show? Because it was still going on for an hour after you made that post! It ended around 12:45. Best birthday ever, for that amazing show and other reasons.

[quote name='gunm']Even for WM?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the card, honestly. Some of the more recent WMs I can't even be bothered to buy the home video of WM (I used to be religious about it, but don't own WM25 or 26 on Blu-Ray at all).

I'm interested in a good show, not necessarily "being a part of history" or whatever you might call it. So it would really depend.

The most I ever spent on a ticket was $65 to see the Pogues in 2007 (and close to that for Elvis Costello last year). I like wrestling, but even $45 is hard for me to swallow for a wrestling show given how much disappointment I've experienced in wrestling shows the first half of this decade. I was always happy to drop $10-25 for ROH tickets, but never really enjoyed a WWE show.

But I realized the other day, going through ticket stubs, that I haven't been to a WWE show since Cyber Sunday 2006. But Google maps has me moving to a place that is precisely 4.5 miles from the former ECW Arena, so I'll be able to take in as much indy wrestling - good and bad - as I possibly can.

The $100 fan experience thing is for the TNA PPV, 2 Impact tapings, and a dinner I believe. Also.. there's a meet and greet with Mick Foley and some other stuff they listed on the site.

[quote name='gunm']If the "fan experience" included an "experience" with Christy Hemme, I'd say it'd be worth $100.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you can find better looking females on your local craigslist to have an "experience" with for even cheaper than that.

[quote name='lmz00']I'm sure you can find better looking females on your local craigslist to have an "experience" with for even cheaper than that.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to say $40 of alcohol, that's including the tip for the bartender, and you can have an experience with a hot chick. VD may or may not be included.

Rumor is that WWE is gonna get a new logo. Might debut as early as this upcoming Monday on Raw.

fd6eeee173f422bce1bfadf.jpg

Wasn't the WWF allowed to use the old blocky letter WWF logo as part of the settlement/agreement with the World Wildlife Fund people and they just chose to use the WWE designation instead?

I know on the classic videos they've shown when introducing former WWF guys for induction into the HOF the block letter WWF logo is never blocked out.

[quote name='Habbler']Very similar to the old golden era logo. Will it always be on fire like that?[/QUOTE]

It will be flaming, and strongpimphand will be both afraid of and disgusted by it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wasn't the WWF allowed to use the old blocky letter WWF logo as part of the settlement/agreement with the World Wildlife Fund people and they just chose to use the WWE designation instead?

I know on the classic videos they've shown when introducing former WWF guys for induction into the HOF the block letter WWF logo is never blocked out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're allowed to use that one. I'm pretty sure it's because they had that logo before the settlement with panda-WWF, and they didn't have the scratch logo. But man, that supposed new logo is ugly.

I can't stress this enough: PWG Seven was probably the best wrestling show I've ever seen. That covers almost 20 years of watching and 13 years of going to the shows in person, not to mention the fact that I've been to multiple WrestleManias, other PPVs, and have seen some incredible ROH shows in person as well.

That's how good this show was. The DVD is available for pre-order now. It was my first PWG event, and I have nothing to gain from promoting this. It's just fucking incredible and no wrestling fan should go without seeing it:

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/2010/dvd0114.html

Once the pics my friend took are uploaded (my camera wasn't functional) I will post a link. But for now, I need to ask- whose mask is this? It's me wearing it, but it belongs to a friend. I've seen it before, and I'm pretty sure I know who wears it, but I can't seem to recall/figure it out:

38248_449072049934_680884934_6053825_5008583_n.jpg

... Yup.

But for real, check out that PWG DVD.

Reasons Why I Love The Internet
A Stupid Convo With A More Than Stupid Wrestling Fan:

I read what was a pretty simple article about Eric Bischoff tweeting the following comment...

Quote: You can lead them to drink, but not how to find water!

Let's face it... That sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Someone replied as a comment to the news post:

Quote: Isn't it supposed to be:

"You can lead them to water, but you can't force them to drink"

You can lead them to water but you can't find water ... that doesnt' make sense.
Seems like a perfectly legitimate post to me... But some dumb fuck with a "I come off as smart somewhere on the internet" attitude replied with:

Quote: Use some logic.

You can take anyone anywhere and give them something to drink.

It is hard to teach someone anywhere to be able to find a location so they can drink themselves.

Broken down so you can understand:

I can give you a glass of water and you can drink it no problem.

On the other hand it is hard to teach you to find an area with water and a drinking cup without basic motor skills and exploratory knowledge to fend for yourself.
This guy/girl is arguing a useless point, for one thing... But they also manage to pull the "I'm clearly smarter than you" card while making no sense at all.

I replied:

Quote: Your explanation doesn't make what Bischoff said any more intelligible.

Dude basically said. "You can show a horse where water is, but not where to find water".
I thought the shit would be just about over right there. Usually as the news on the site gets a day old, people move on to comment on new stories, so I figured I'd never even get a reply back. Stupid me.

This dumb shit replies with:

Quote: Pay attention then.

Lets look at your version:

"You can show a horse where water is, but not where to find water".

Showing a horse where water is at in and of itself is the showing where to find said water.

That is not what Eric said or attempted to convey.

Maybe you require a broken down explanation as well:

What Eric said is equivalent to I can buy/give you a car. But it is far harder to teach you how to drive it.

I can give you a fish for dinner, but it is harder to teach you to fish for yourself.

I can break and water down examples for you to understand but it is harder to teach you to use logic and creative philosophy to understand things
::sigh::

Me:

Quote: Oh I paid attention, sir/ma'am... Your original explanation was a sh!tload shorter than the second explanation you claimed was "Broken down so you can understand".

Stop trying to argue a sh!tty point.

"I can break and water down examples... blah blah"

You don't have to explain... He didn't make sense, and no matter how much "logic" you try to put behind his meaning, you're still going to be wrong.

Go back to whatever forum it is that you wish you moderated, jump back on your soap box, and pull your "I'm smarter than you" routine over there.

"Showing a horse where water is at in and of itself is the showing where to find said water."

Where water "is at"???

Play Sammy Smartguy on whatever forum it is you came from.
What I'm wondering, is why this person chooses to be the "smart guy" by defending a completely ridiculous statement... It's not like we were talking politics, I didn't exactly knock the person when I first replied, and I'm pretty sure he/she and Eric Bischoff aren't related in any way. It's not as if he or she was defending a friend.

Where in a persons head do they decide they want to argue about an old idiom, in relation to a comment that.... oh fucking fuck it.

fuck.

bread's done
Back