The Autumnal Equinox OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']Don't jinx us. RDU had more 90 degree days this summer than ever before. This summer was fucking brutal.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Going outside was like a mad dash from air conditioner to air conditioner.

[quote name='TheRock88']Great job EA, they pushed back NBA Elite to 2011 a week before it was suppose to come out. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

NBA 2k11 was going to crush it anyways.

I was just about to delete this episode of the Simpsons because its a Lisa episode and involves singing and then Flight of the Conchords makes an appearance. Episode saved.

[quote name='flowery']NBA 2k11 was going to crush it anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yup, no doubt about it. At least NBA Jam is coming out separately and not paired with Elite anymore.

Hmm.

63859_10150287592395565_24856820564_15423271_8172004_n.jpg

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I just started playign Web of Shadow and they made Spiderman into the whiniest bitch evar.[/QUOTE]

Were you expecting maybe the Punisher?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Sold. I'm there opening weekend. Odd to see the Coens doing a remake, though. The tone of the movie seems a bit...different than the original :lol:[/QUOTE]They already did The Ladykillers a while back. I haven't seen the trailer for the new one but I read that they were going back and adapting the book again, not remaking the movie.[quote name='Bioshocked360']I'm probably really late with this since you saw fuck Buttons/Pixies last night, but how early I get there depends on the band and the venue they're playing. For Smashing Pumpkins last week I went an hour early and got to the front easily. Most shows I get there about a half hour before doors open.

How was the show?[/QUOTE]It was pretty great. They ended with Where Is My Mind? ---> Gigantic. I didn't really care that much for Vamos before but they did a great extended version where in the middle of it the drummer tosses one of this drumsticks over to Joe Santiago(while still drumming the beat one-handed) who catches it, does a manic Jimmy Page thing with it for a while and then tosses it back to the drummer. If you ever end up seeing them I'd definitely recommend buying the CD set. They don't half-ass it and just sell you a straight soundboard rip, they mix it properly and it ends up sounding fantastic. My only regret is that I was in a hurry and forgot my earplugs so my left ear was ringing for like 3 days.

EDIT: Oh, yeah.

Happy birthday, st000000neface/Marklershed.

[quote name='Mojimbo']They already did The Ladykillers a while back. I haven't seen the trailer for the new one but I read that they were going back and adapting the book again, not remaking the movie..[/QUOTE]

That's true. I totally forgot about that one.

Great job Green Bay...way to fucking continually shoot yourself in the fucking foot and lose the fucking game.

God damn I hate football.

The presentation/camera work in Enslaved is really off of the charts. That's going to be the reason I play it.

This site going down every night thing is really annoying.

[quote name='Scorch']The presentation/camera work in Enslaved is really off of the charts. That's going to be the reason I play it.

This site going down every night thing is really annoying.[/QUOTE]
I was really struck by the facial animation. Couldn't believe how good it looked.

[quote name='Maklershed']I was just about to delete this episode of the Simpsons because its a Lisa episode and involves singing and then Flight of the Conchords makes an appearance. Episode saved.[/QUOTE]

Flight of the Concords? :delete:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Isn't it? I was really impressed.[/QUOTE]

Ninja Theory hasn't made a good game yet. Aspired to? Yes. Accomplished? fuck no. Heavenly Sword excelled only in the two areas you mentioned: animation and story and the story wasn't even that good. It failed at gameplay and everything technical. Enslaved looks like they're stuck on using parts of the HS aesthetic and learned absolutely nothing from the criticisms and poor sales of HS. And if this is any indication of where the abortion of DmC is going, Capcom will be wishing they'd saved the investment capital so they can burn it for warmth when they're living under a bridge after it bombs. :lol:

[quote name='Mojimbo']It was pretty great. They ended with Where Is My Mind? ---> Gigantic. I didn't really care that much for Vamos before but they did a great extended version where in the middle of it the drummer tosses one of this drumsticks over to Joe Santiago(while still drumming the beat one-handed) who catches it, does a manic Jimmy Page thing with it for a while and then tosses it back to the drummer. If you ever end up seeing them I'd definitely recommend buying the CD set. They don't half-ass it and just sell you a straight soundboard rip, they mix it properly and it ends up sounding fantastic. My only regret is that I was in a hurry and forgot my earplugs so my left ear was ringing for like 3 days.

Happy birthday, st000000neface/Marklershed.[/QUOTE]
Cool, sounds like it was great. I wish more bands recorded and officially released their live shows. I listen to the recording of the Pearl Jam show I went to all the time.

Are you going to ACL?

-----------------

Happy (late) Birthday, Stoneface.

[quote name='Mojimbo']They already did The Ladykillers a while back. I haven't seen the trailer for the new one but I read that they were going back and adapting the book again, not remaking the movie.It was pretty great. They ended with Where Is My Mind? ---> Gigantic. I didn't really care that much for Vamos before but they did a great extended version where in the middle of it the drummer tosses one of this drumsticks over to Joe Santiago(while still drumming the beat one-handed) who catches it, does a manic Jimmy Page thing with it for a while and then tosses it back to the drummer. If you ever end up seeing them I'd definitely recommend buying the CD set. They don't half-ass it and just sell you a straight soundboard rip, they mix it properly and it ends up sounding fantastic. My only regret is that I was in a hurry and forgot my earplugs so my left ear was ringing for like 3 days.

Happy birthday, st000000neface/Marklershed.[/QUOTE]

I wish they had done that in '04. I'd love to have a recording from when I saw them.

And now I'm annoyed that I didn't go to their Omaha show a few weeks ago.

[quote name='prmononoke']I wish they had done that in '04. I'd love to have a recording from when I saw them.

And now I'm annoyed that I didn't go to their Omaha show a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Why didn't you go?

What torrent client does everyone use? I've used BitLord for the past couple years, but today my Anti-virus decided to tell it to go fuck itself and I'm too lazy to figure out why so I downloaded BitComet.

Anyone know why it starts and stops so damn often? These torrents take forever.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I was really struck by the facial animation. Couldn't believe how good it looked.[/QUOTE]
You should definitely check out Heavenly Sword if you ever get a PS3 and want a good God of War clone, as that is where they developed all of the insane mo-cap tech that they use in Enslaved.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Ninja Theory hasn't made a good game yet. Aspired to? Yes. Accomplished? fuck no. Heavenly Sword excelled only in the two areas you mentioned: animation and story and the story wasn't even that good. It failed at gameplay and everything technical. Enslaved looks like they're stuck on using parts of the HS aesthetic and learned absolutely nothing from the criticisms and poor sales of HS. And if this is any indication of where the abortion of DmC is going, Capcom will be wishing they'd saved the investment capital so they can burn it for warmth when they're living under a bridge after it bombs. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Heavenly Sword sold about 1.5 million copies, which is definitely a huge bomb. It was a pretty good God of War clone with great sequences starring Kai to change things up a bit. Say what you will about the story, but the characters were easily the best in the genre since I could actually care about the main characters, unlike Dante, Kratos, or Ryu.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Isn't it? I was really impressed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']The presentation/camera work in Enslaved is really off of the charts. That's going to be the reason I play it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I was really struck by the facial animation. Couldn't believe how good it looked.[/QUOTE]

I watched my husband play the demo of Enslaved last night, which I had originally downloaded for me to play. (Right after I watched him play the demo of Blade Kitten and decided I didn't want that one.) I thought the story was really great, and the characters were pretty cool. Of course, the story is a take on some Chinese (?) story, so it helps to have groundworks to build from. I kept looking at the face of the Monkey character thinking his face reminded me a lot of Shrek. As my husband was having Monkey leap around the pipes and whatnot on the ship, he also commented on how great the camera was. I really like that the developer decided to go with a green and lush world of the future, rather than the barren landscapes so many games seem to produce.

I have a feeling the reviews will be fair, and I'll try to get this one at some point.

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You should definitely check out Heavenly Sword if you ever get a PS3 and want a good God of War clone, as that is where they developed all of the insane mo-cap tech that they use in Enslaved.

Heavenly Sword sold about 1.5 million copies, which is definitely a huge bomb. It was a pretty good God of War clone with great sequences starring Kai to change things up a bit. Say what you will about the story, but the characters were easily the best in the genre since I could actually care about the main characters, unlike Dante, Kratos, or Ryu.[/QUOTE]

While I generally like Heavenly Sword and it's production values are top notch, I hated the Kai sequences
especially trying to save her father on the bridge :bomb:

In other late news...Nintendo 3DS November 11 in Japan? :whee:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6279725.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

[quote name='seanr1221']How bout them Sillies, 83?[/QUOTE]

Isn't it awesome? What a great second half of the season (46-17 since they were 7 games out of first on July 21), to spite all of the injuries.

Looking at it objectively, I don't think there is anyone who can match the first 3 pitchers the Phillies throw out there. I would love a rematch against the Yankees but the way they are leaking oil, they might not even make it into the post season.

Red October 4!!!!!

So it looks like the 16GB flash drive I got a few weeks ago just crapped out on me. It's asking me to configure it all over again.

If I get one of those 250GB hard drives on eBay from Hong Kong ($37.99!!!), will my 360 blow up?

Edit: I don't think I'm going to bite on those. Cheap imports don't get trusted with my game saves.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a dinosaur outside the dining area where I get lunch. (Harrisburg Capitol building)

Heavenly Sword was awesome. It figures Frosty didn't like it. :booty:

[quote name='Number83']Isn't it awesome? What a great second half of the season (46-17 since they were 7 games out of first on July 21), to spite all of the injuries.

Looking at it objectively, I don't think there is anyone who can match the first 3 pitchers the Phillies throw out there. I would love a rematch against the Yankees but the way they are leaking oil, they might not even make it into the post season.

Red October 4!!!!![/QUOTE]

I think, if the Giants make it, their top 2 are pretty fierce. It all depends how the Phillies rotation stacks up. If it's Hamels, Oswalt, Halladay against Lincecum, Cain, whoever, I think pitching wise, it'll be a wash. But if the Phillies top 3 lines up right, watch out with that offense. I just hope the Reds avoid the Phillies in the first round. So hopefully, the wildcard is from the NL West and not the Braves.

And damn my KMart. No Dead Rising 2 or Plants vs Zombies on the shelf yet. Though, when I go in today, I'm going to leave with $65 in coupons! Too bad I have to do 2 weeks worth of class work, to get ahead for craven fiend jr's birthday celebration. What's a good gift idea for a soon to be 3 year old who acts like he should be in kindergarten with his vocabulary and sentence structure. Now if he'd only potty and write letters...and read and do my homework....

Morning OTT. Happy birthday mak. Starting to catch up to old man winter by now, right...

[quote name='craven_fiend']I think, if the Giants make it, their top 2 are pretty fierce. It all depends how the Phillies rotation stacks up. If it's Hamels, Oswalt, Halladay against Lincecum, Cain, whoever, I think pitching wise, it'll be a wash. But if the Phillies top 3 lines up right, watch out with that offense. I just hope the Reds avoid the Phillies in the first round. So hopefully, the wildcard is from the NL West and not the Braves.

And damn my KMart. No Dead Rising 2 or Plants vs Zombies on the shelf yet. Though, when I go in today, I'm going to leave with $65 in coupons! Too bad I have to do 2 weeks worth of class work, to get ahead for craven fiend jr's birthday celebration. What's a good gift idea for a soon to be 3 year old who acts like he should be in kindergarten with his vocabulary and sentence structure. Now if he'd only potty and write letters...and read and do my homework....

Morning OTT. Happy birthday mak. Starting to catch up to old man winter by now, right...[/QUOTE]

Giants still have Zito too...so that would be a good match up...provided they get in. I think the Phightins' are going to go with Halladay, Hamels, Oswalt in that order.

Best thing to get him would be stuff *for* a kindergartner...Flash Cards, arts and crafts, etc. When my daughter was 3 she loved paints, clay and moon sand...you know, stuff that makes a mess and is impossible to clean up.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']What torrent client does everyone use? I've used BitLord for the past couple years, but today my Anti-virus decided to tell it to go fuck itself and I'm too lazy to figure out why so I downloaded BitComet.

Anyone know why it starts and stops so damn often? These torrents take forever.[/QUOTE]

I use uTorrent. Been having a lot of trouble finding worthwhile things to d/l and the new makeover Rapidshare just had really isn't working for me.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Why didn't you go?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't going to work out with school, and the plan never really fell into place. I don't think anyone felt like going on a weeknight, with how busy my friends and I all are this semester.

If I get a new hard drive, can I transfer everything from my old one to the new one with a flash drive, or do I have to get that migration cable?

[quote name='utopianmachine']If I get a new hard drive, can I transfer everything from my old one to the new one with a flash drive, or do I have to get that migration cable?[/QUOTE]

Flash drive will be fine.

OMG!!!!!!

This is insane. I got some crap working. I'm so excited.

ott, Is there any books or online pages recommended by you where I can learn all about

Local online Status "Packets, sent and Received", DNS servers, IP addresses, MAC addresses,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back