The Autumnal Equinox OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='h3llbring3r']How the fuck can you play the incorrect version of your own song?
I hope you don't go to see a live performance and expect a note for note album cut rendition.[/QUOTE]

Probably someone that is used to only hearing the studio versions. I imagine there are people out there that prefer the studio stuff to the live stuff.

I wonder if Dylan sings live, or if he lip syncs. Seems like a popular thing these days. I was pretty surprised when I saw that Scott Weiland video where he fell off the stage, but his vocal track kept running. Must be extremely disappointing to pay money and see that trash live. :\

Also makes me wonder who else does that.

[quote name='eldergamer']Dylan came to Portland about 3 weeks ago and I've been a fan for over 15 years now and have most of his records. But I don't feel the need to go seee him live. From listening to other live records and reading reviews he just takes too many liberities with the songs tempos and arrangements. Hearing the 'messed up' versions live just sort of takes you out of the experience of hearing the 'correct' version from the album in your head.[/QUOTE]

Ass-Burgers all day...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Legendary solo?[/QUOTE]

Nah, just regular. I'm doing legendary with a couple friends. I just started late and couldn't stop until I saw what happened next.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']How the fuck can you play the incorrect version of your own song?[/QUOTE]

thats_the_joke.jpg

Morning OTT.

All in all a great weekend...Highlights include:

Number84 won both the games he was part of.

Number85 finally let me take the training wheels off and only has skinned knees to show for it. But she can ride it!

Raided Ulduar again for the peeps in the guild who needed the 310% riding mount (Mak, I havent been to Blackwing Lair since 2007 :oldman: )

And the only two civilizations left are me and Russia...Ok, Greece has one city, but I let them carve thier living off of 2 desert tiles and one patch of land to export me my incense. They have no military. Russia and both of equal size (due to Russia exterminating both China and Arabia) landmass wise, but my military is slightly more advanced in the technology tree. My navy is superior, but I did just see thier first destroyer...I better upgrade to Battleships. So far the war has been on thier side of the map, but it is costing me a lot in terms of troops, happiness and gold as I try to liberate Helsinki. My Ace in the Hole is that I just built my first Atomic Bomb and I stationed it on my Aircraft Carrier, off the coast of Moscow. Negotiations for peace will commence when I get home...

#83 is doin' war! :whee:

About time for some coffee and Plants vs Zombies. My hubby beat the game last night. That game has an amazing amount of content.

[quote name='utopianmachine']#83 is doin' war! :whee:

About time for some coffee and Plants vs Zombies. My hubby beat the game last night. That game has an amazing amount of content.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want it to come to that. I only wanted to live in peace and get to Alpha Centauri...But you can only push a nation so far...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Kenny Powers :bouncy: I hope the new setting doesn't ruin anything.[/QUOTE]

Noice. I dvred both this and Boardwalk Empire last night. Gonna watch it tonight. Can't wait. How's Bored to Death? Anyone watch it?

Was it ever official that avatar clothes wouldn't work on avatars after the Kinect avatar update? Will that update be for everyone? That is, will everyone's avatars be changing, regardless of them having Kinect?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']How the fuck can you play the incorrect version of your own song?
I hope you don't go to see a live performance and expect a note for note album cut rendition.[/QUOTE]

No, but when you're trying to sing along in concert at the pattern of the words and tempo of the song is just, off. It feels wrong to the authentic version in my head.

[quote name='eldergamer']No, but when you're trying to sing along in concert at the pattern of the words and tempo of the song is just, off. It feels wrong to the authentic version in my head.[/QUOTE]

When you go to shows like Bob Dylan you shut the fuck up and listen to the music.

I hate it when people scream, yell, and try and sing as loud as they can. You should only sing like that whenever the band wants you to.

And now Rapidshare isn't working. fuck. Do I have to pay to use rapidshare to download a free (bootleg) Ornette Coleman concert?

[quote name='flowery']When you go to shows like Bob Dylan you shut the fuck up and listen to the music.

I hate it when people scream, yell, and try and sing as loud as they can. You should only sing like that whenever the band wants you to.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a boisterous person by any means. Hell, i hate even going woo-hoo with the crowd. If anything, I'm just singing to myself. That said I havent been to a concert in over 5 years and probably won't make it to another one (for adults) in 10 years.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Daft Punk working on the Tron 2 soundtrack...could be interesting.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

Rage > Daft Punk > everything else

[quote name='utopianmachine']I went to a Dylan concert a few years back. Pretty sure I've never smelled so much weed before.[/QUOTE]

That is certainly a good way to enjoy it.

~~~

Happy Birthday St0neface...and of course Mak.

[quote name='guinaevere']Is h3llbringer around? I want to know where they were filming Fast 5 today.[/QUOTE]
I'm traveling today- I'd sure like to see Jordana Brewster in person though. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I had to look up Fast Five...another Fast & Furious!?!?! fuck yeah!!!

EDIT: Dwayne Johnson joins the cast too...sweet![/QUOTE]

At this point, I can only assume you're joking around. You are joking, right?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'm traveling today- I'd sure like to see Jordana Brewster in person though. ;)[/QUOTE]
Dang. I don't know who that is, I just would like to see the cars.

And uh, possibly Vin Diesel... : blush :

[quote name='utopianmachine']Our high was 72 today, here in the Carolinas. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Don't jinx us. RDU had more 90 degree days this summer than ever before. This summer was fucking brutal.

[quote name='guinaevere']Oh my gosh, they're filming the remake of Footloose in Hiram right now! I don't think LOL comes close to how I feel about this.[/QUOTE]

I want to know what the meeting was like when they decided that Footloose needed to be remade. Someone took a joke a little too far, I think.

[quote name='guinaevere']Dang. I don't know who that is, I just would like to see the cars. [/QUOTE]
She was the brunette in The Faculty.
[quote name='guinaevere']
And uh, possibly Vin Diesel... : blush :
[/QUOTE]
:lol: @ that. It's not like I wanna see Jordana because of her thespian skills.

I didn't know about Footloose, I need to call my cousin Matt and get the scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back