The Bill Goldberg Wrestling Thread - William Regal - New King of The Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBL needs to swap that ghetto ass Town Car out for a Maybach 62 if he wants to play up the whole "self-made millionaire" gimmick of his.

I think letting Regal win KOTR was an excellent way to give him credibility if they're going to bring him back as a full time wrestler. Regal is an excellent wrestler, and always has been. I thought it was pretty cool to see him win.

wellness.jpg

[quote name='KaneRobot'] It's Jem and the fuckin' Holograms vs. The Misfits out here. With more noticeable tits.[/quote]

:rofl:

It's truly outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous!!!

The divas thing was dumb, but wasn't even the dumbest thing on this show, let alone the dumbest thing in a while. Sad to see the KOTR winner not even get a coronation tonight- hopefully they make up for that some time this week on either ECW or SD.

Once I saw that WWE had actually gotten the presidential candidates to appear on this show, I figured that they'd put on a really good, clean wrestling show with nothing that could offend, embarrass, or cause harm to the campaigns of, the candidates (needless swearing, needlessly dangerous match/spot, exploitative divas stuff, etc.)

It was a good show overall. The KOTR tourney matches were all either good or at least entertaining, although they did seem very abbreviated - whenever they started to get really good, BOOM, they ended. Regal winning was a surprise, and I loved seeing Finlay-Regal on my TV in a WWE match in 2008.

It was surreal to see the Presidential candidates actually on the show (and to see Obama in SvR '08 doing the Batista pyro dance). That was odd in a good way, the Clinton-Obama skit was largely awful. Not as horrid as Trump-Rose from last year, but still pretty bad, although it at least worked on some level as a parody with Obama as the Rock and Clinton as Hogan.

Excellent build for the Raw main event at Backlash tonight - the participants all cut great promos, the main event was a good match, and best of all, Orton slithered into the ring like a snake and hit an RKO at the end of the show. HBK-Batista was built up well yet again, and surprisingly, Jericho was left out of it, which leads me to think he'll play a minimal role as ref, which is good, as I'd hate to see such a well-built match ruined by overbooking. Very fun show.

Quotes -
J.R. - The brackets have been kept secret from the competitors and from us as well.
King - Can you imagine - half-man, half-amazing, and king of the ring.
King - MVP is the highest-paid superstar in all of Smack Down - are you jealous?
J.R. - I’m proud of him…a bit envious.
J.R. - The first WWE King of the Ring was crowned in 1985 - WWE Hall of Famer Don Muraco.
JBL - Tonight the WWE crowns the 2008 king of the ring, on Sunday, at Backlash, will be the coronation of JBL as WWE Champion. I will do what JBL does best - survive. I became a self-made millionaire in the toughest city in the world, NEW YORK CITY, dominated Wall Street, own my own company where I am CEO - and was featured on the cover of today’s New York Times! JBL does not make news - JBL IS NEWS. Sunday, JBL will not only be news, JBL will be WWE Champion. The torch I passed, on Sunday, comes home!
King - King Khali has a pretty good ring to it.
J.R. - It’ll be India vs. Ireland in this match up.
J.R. - The Big Show, just three days after being DOUBLE CHOKESLAMMED, has locked eyes with Khali!
King - It’ll be the biggest match in WWE HISTORY!
J.R. - If my bracket logy is correct - Regal will face Finlay in the second round.
Santino - We are entertaining thousands of millions of people in Europe!
HHH - We’ve been around the world in 14 days.
HBK - The last thing I thought I would have to do at facing Flair at Mania was come out, step into the ring, and talk about facing one of his friends, Batista, at Backlash, but that’s where we’re at. Big man, I know you’re here tonight, and there’s just one question I have for ya - come on down!
HBK - Now I appreciate you coming out here, Dave. Last Friday night, Jericho asked you a question, and you didn’t really give him an answer, and I’m as surprised as you if Jericho told the truth, is your problem with me that you wanted to be the man who wanted to face Flair at ‘Mania? Is that what this is all about?
Batista - Would it make you feel better if I said yes? Absolve you from any blame? Sorry, I already told you, this isn’t about Ric or what happened at Mania, this is about you and me. I respect where you’re at in your career, I just don’t like the way you got here. Six days away from the match, I’m sick of talking about it - this is the last thing I’m gonna say to you, you can point your finger all you want, the bottom line is that at Backlash, I’m gonna finish this.
HBK - Well Dave, I appreciate your honesty, but since we’re being so honest, I’ve got a little confessionon of my own to make - I’m everything that you say I am - I am the hearbreak kid, the showstopper, Mr. WrestleMania, and whether anyone likes it or not - THE MAN! We’ve talked about the blood on my hands, it’s there, there have been many casualties along the way - it’s called collateral damage. I know you’re probably distracted by your world title match on Friday. The guy you think you’re so morally superior to, the man you say will stop at absolutely nothing to win, is the guy you/re gonna be facing at Backlash. So all I’ve gotta say to you is good luck. You’re gonna need it! (they shake, and HBK teases a super kick)
J.R. - While we anxiously away the McMichaels-Batista match at Backlash, we’ve got the most star-studded 8-man tag in Raw history.
Hillary Clinton - Randy Orton, you’re safe for now.
King - Carlito speaks Spanish and Santino speaks Italian - what’s Holly speak?
J.R. - Redneck.
King - Really? Did he learn English from Jeff Foxworthy?
J.R. - Holly’s not really known for his oratory skills.
Crowd (on Holly-Carlito) - BOOORRRINNG! BOOOORRRINNNGGG!
Santino (to Calrito) - PULL HIS PECTORALS!
J.R. - I’m not sure Santino can spell that. Or that I can.
(after Holly gets pinned)Santino - YOU TWO GUYS BETTER GET USED TO THAT, OKAY HARDCORE HORNY AND HIS BOYHOOD FRIEND, WHICH MAKES HIM A BOYFRIEND! WE ARE THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDERS, AND IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE TAKE THOSE TAG TEAM TITLTES AND PUT THEM AROUND OUR BELLIES! I MEAN WAISTS!
Cody - Santino, DO YOU EVER SHUT UP! How do you say “if you say one more word, I’m gonna hit you with this microphone!” in Italian?
Santino - YOU CAN’T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!
HHH - Orton, JBL, Cena - the four of us can stand out here until we’re blue in the face, and tell the world we’re the best, but it’s just a bunch of words. This Sunday, we get to prove it. Three will fall, one will emerge as the standard-bearer - knowing that he is the best of the best. One will emerge as the WWE Champion! I can tell you right now, with every bit of my being, that that will be me. It’s up to you, Orton, JBL, and Cena, to prove me wrong!
(after a Jericho-Punk botched rope-assisted gut buster)J.R. - That was just ugly.
J.R. - Jericho looking to add the Intercontinental title…King of the Ring title to his Intercontinental title.
King - Punk is all about discipline, does he have the discipline to not tap out! (he doesn’t, crowd boos)
Obama - Hey WWE fans, I hope you’re all enjoying the program. This is a historic time for America - not only could the reign of Randy Orton come to an end, we could see the agenda changed in Washington. Do you smell what Borack is cooking?
J.R. - With one of the longest ring introductions of all-time, we can tell you that William Regal’s first-round opponent was Hornswoggle.
J.R. - Finlay’s lest, let, left knee - I’ll get it right, has been taped up by the medical staff. Regal and Finlay are no strangers to each other.
J.R. - We’ve got England and Ireland represented here in th semi-finals of King of the Ring.
King - Regal doesn’t want to be a senator - he wants to be king of all the WWE!
Crowd - Regal sucks! Regal sucks!
King - Hey, you can’t blame him for wanting to be king!
King - Finlay can’t tap out - his arm is trapped underneath his body!
J.R. - Finlay didn’t quit, but he was unable to continue. I think Regal should thank Khali for damaging the knee of Finlay.
McCain - How are ya, South Carolina? The Mac hs come back to South Carolina! If you wanna be the man, you have to beat the man! Come November, it’ll be GAME OVER! What are you gonna do when John McCain and the McCmaniacs run wild over you! I want Osama Bin Laden to meet the Undertaker. Americans don’t watch wrestling because we’re bitter, we do it because WWE is about fighting to be the very best. Do you smell what the Mac is cooking? You may need a ticket for the fatal four way next week, but you don’t need a ticket to the cage match in November - that’s the bottom line because John McCain said so!
J.R. - You gotta believe Edge has a massive plan to become WWE…World champion again at Backlash!
Cena - They’ve been talking from the dawn of time. Tonight, you’ve heard from a wall street tycoon, who has told you about his accomplishments. You’ve heard from an 11-time champion who believes with everything in his being that Backlash is HIS time that wants to be PROVED WRONG! You will hear from a one-man dynasty who claims that he has a grip on the WWE Championship so tight that it matters not who he faces! I talk to send a message to the other three, not that I will be WWE Champion, because that’s anyone’s ball game, but say that they gotta go through me to get it, and I will make them earn it! Questions about my resolve will be answered at Backlash! I am locked, loaded, and ready to bring down the thunder!
Librarian - WWE has helped put the library on the map.
Lilian - The following is a democratic party SMACKDOWN!
King - THE BILL IS HERE AS WELL!
(Clinton/Obama skit starts)Crowd - BOY THIS SUCKS! BOY THIS SUCKS! BORING! BORING!
King - Those ears…I can’t get over them. He must be getting satellite reception on them.
J.R. - Careful, he might here ya.
King - Might!?
“Obama” - FINALLY, BORACK HAS COME BACK TO SOUTH CAROLINA! NOW YOU TWO ROODY POOT JABRONIES THINK YOU CAN CHANGE WASHINGTON!?
“Bill” - I’m gonna tell you what I think…
“Obama” - IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! IF YOU SMELLLOW WHAT BORACK IS COOKING!
J.R. - The pre-match festivities, I think, I think, are over.
King - The ref’s checking them for foreign objects - he’d better check those ears!
“Bill” - Don’t touch her, she won’t even let me touch her! She hasn’t had a man touch her in so many years it’s not even funny.
King - THE BORACK BOTTOM!
(after “Bill“ trips “Obama)“Bill” - I DID NOT HAVE ILLEGAL CONDUCT WITH THAT CANDIDATE! (Umaga’s theme hits)
J.R. - I didn’t know he had an interest in politics.
Ashley - DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD!
King - If sexy’s the goal, Mickie’s the hat trick.
King - Ding dong, the witch is not dead, and she’s brought her flying monkeys!
Lilian - THE FOLLOWING IS THE FINALS IN THE KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT! (a fan in the front row is so excited that he checks his cell phone)
J.R. - Being king is bigger than being the general manager - by far!
J.R. - Punk lives the straight edge lifestyle - he doesn’t drink or do drugs, and you’ve got to admire him for that, but he might need an aspirin after that suplex!
J.R. - The GM of Raw rose to the occasion in a royal way tonight.
King - What a historic night it’s been - we’ve had the future President of the United States appear, a new king crowned, and now, we’ve got the most star-studded tag team match in Raw history.
J.R. - King, mark April 21st, 2008 on your calendar!
Orton - I am getting sick and tired of hearing people say they’re going to walk out of Backlash the new WWE Champion! My actions do most of my talking, so I don’t have anything to say about the four way elimination match at Backlash.
Crowd - YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK!
Orton - Except No Mercy! Armageddon! Survivor Series, the Royal Rumble, No Way Out, and WrestleMania 24 - all where I had successful championship victories! So it doesn’t matter that I’m gonna be in there with 3 top contenders - at Backlash, I will remain WWE Champion!
J.R. - Today, this top contender was featured on the front page of the business section of the New York Times - Mr. Mamajuana himself!
Lilian - From El Paso, Texas - CHAVO GUERRERO (dead silence from the crowd)
J.R. - If there’s ever a History of the WWE book written, the Undertaker will be in chapter one! The reigning heavyweight champion of the world!
J.R. - The 8 men in this match have a total of 38 world championships between them!
King - I hope JBL and Orton find something that takes their attention off each other.

Screens -

Hillary next to "MATCH OF THE YEAR" and "VINCE FOR PRESIDENT" signs

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The divas thing was dumb, but wasn't even the dumbest thing on this show, let alone the dumbest thing in a while. Sad to see the KOTR winner not even get a coronation tonight- hopefully they make up for that some time this week on either ECW or SD.[/QUOTE]

They always used to do separate event coronations in the 80's, with all the heels (or faces, in Duggan's case) showing up for the ceremony...I'd much rather see that, although I don't know if they'd bother since half the heels are "too cool" to do that or whatever.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I dunno. Something is wrong with Regal beating the Money in the Bank guy after wrestling a grand total of 10 times in the last 3-4 years.[/QUOTE]
I sort of agree, but they did have Regal kick the shit out of Orton a week ago...that's about as good as we're going to get in this day and age as far as a "strong build-up."

[quote name='KaneRobot']They always used to do separate event coronations in the 80's, with all the heels (or faces, in Duggan's case) showing up for the ceremony...I'd much rather see that, although I don't know if they'd bother since half the heels are "too cool" to do that or whatever.

I sort of agree, but they did have Regal kick the shit out of Orton a week ago...that's about as good as we're going to get in this day and age as far as a "strong build-up."[/QUOTE]

Yes, a grand total of a week. The GM who wasn't smart enough to make his match with the WWE Champion a title match is now King of the Ring... 7 years too late. And people complained about the Joe title reign being "too late." ;-)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Yes, a grand total of a week. The GM who wasn't smart enough to make his match with the WWE Champion a title match is now King of the Ring... 7 years too late. And people complained about the Joe title reign being "too late." ;-)[/quote]
If he wanted the title, he (theoretically) could've just stripped it from Randy Orton and awarded it to himself.

I love Regal, but I fail to see where they're going with this. Does he get a title shot?

Why did they let Punk make it to the finals? Did they really think we were stupid enough to believe that Punk would get BOTH MitB and KotR within the span of a month?

Like I said, I love Regal, but unless he's switching brands, I don't see the point in this. If anything, I think that (considering MVP was knocked out first round, so I won't even touch on that) that it should've gone to Finlay, giving him that final boost into the Smackdown title picture and adding some freshness so we don't have to sit through Taker vs. Batista AGAIN.

Maybe they'll surprise me, but I'm not sure I have enough faith in them for that.

Regal definitely deserved to win the King of the Ring. He is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE and I don't think a lot of people realize this.

I loved teaming of Santino and Carlito (two of my favs), and the Jericho/Punk match was phenomenal. I expect an excellent rivalry between the two.

I'm glad you posted that screencap of MVP. I remember seeing that upclose shot and thinking, "Man, how does that dude get color-coordinated breathe-right strips with his tights?!?!?!"

Please in the future don't post the fucking results in the thread title. I went CAG earlier only to scroll down and have the motherfucking thing spoiled for me just by looking at the front page of CAG. I really appreciated that.

[quote name='mykevermin']I propose Zen never make a wrestling thread again.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. That crap with the spoilers really pissed me off. It's one thing to go into the forums, click on the thread and find spoilers. That I understand. But to simply scroll down the front page of CAG and see the damn spoilers there was BS.

To be fair, I don't consider it a spoiler if it's already happened on live tv. I know you didn't expect it, and that's where your grievance comes from.

The title editing is irritating regardless: the Davey Richards car wreck title was what made me want to see him no longer run a wrestling thread.

As for the show itself I thought it was an epic failure. The KOTR tourney was mangled, screwed up, and wasted in just about every way possible. CM Punk, Jericho, Matt, and MVP were the only ones competing that deserved to be in the tournament. Finlay and Regal are way past their primes and should stick to gimmick crap or GMing. Khali might possibly be the worst wrestler in the company and Hornswoggle has no business being there. MVP losing in the first round made him look like crap especially since he tapped. CM losing to Regal of all people made him look weak. So he is supposed to be in line for a title shot and quite possibly a title run and he goes and loses to f'n Regal who hasn't had more then a handful or matches in the couple of years? Come on. I don't care that his matches were tougher, it still undermined him. The push that will result of being KOTR is completely wasted on Regal.

They should have had either Kennedy, Jericho, CM Punk, or MVP win it so that the push wouldn't be wasted and they could possibly use it elevate one of those four passed mid card status and into a main eventer.

[quote name='mykevermin']To be fair, I don't consider it a spoiler if it's already happened on live tv. I know you didn't expect it, and that's where your grievance comes from.

The title editing is irritating regardless: the Davey Richards car wreck title was what made me want to see him no longer run a wrestling thread.[/QUOTE]

Live TV didn't air on the West Coast until later. So technically, it hadn't aired there yet. Previous poster is from California.

[quote name='mykevermin']To be fair, I don't consider it a spoiler if it's already happened on live tv. I know you didn't expect it, and that's where your grievance comes from.

The title editing is irritating regardless: the Davey Richards car wreck title was what made me want to see him no longer run a wrestling thread.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the West Coast, it hadn't aired here when he started posting the results.

[quote name='jimbodan']As for the show itself I thought it was an epic failure. The KOTR tourney was mangled, screwed up, and wasted in just about every way possible. CM Punk, Jericho, Matt, and MVP were the only ones competing that deserved to be in the tournament. Finlay and Regal are way past their primes and should stick to gimmick crap or GMing. Khali might possibly be the worst wrestler in the company and Hornswoggle has no business being there. MVP losing in the first round made him look like crap especially since he tapped. CM losing to Regal of all people made him look weak. So he is supposed to be in line for a title shot and quite possibly a title run and he goes and loses to f'n Regal who hasn't had more then a handful or matches in the couple of years? Come on. I don't care that his matches were tougher, it still undermined him. The push that will result of being KOTR is completely wasted on Regal.

They should have had either Kennedy, Jericho, CM Punk, or MVP win it so that the push wouldn't be wasted and they could possibly use it elevate one of those three passed mid card status and into a main eventer.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 110%. MVP and Matt losing in the first round would have been fine had they had longer matches. Matt/Punk worked Matt getting beaten fairly well. Having the first two matches and Punk/Jericho go longer would have also helped sell the story of Punk wrestling a lot to be in the finals and Regal having little or no effort given the first round bye (30 seconds~! STF~! WOO~!) and the injured man. The qualifications for being in the tournament were strange. Khali, but not Show? Punk is the lone ECW rep. Jericho and REGAL of all people from RAW. Finlay/Hornswoggle/Khali/Matt/MVP from Smack Down! --- we spend every waking day reminding everyone that RAW is the flagship and SD is teir 2. Why did SD get more berths? Why were there only 3 heels in the entire tournament (Khali?!?)? Kennedy is off of TV and "returns" next week. Umaga is essentially doing nothing since Mania...

The whole process left me scratching my head. I was really excited watching the first two matches and Punk/Jericho. Outside of that and the Holly/Carlito segment I thought the show was a fail.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Regal definitely deserved to win the King of the Ring. He is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE and I don't think a lot of people realize this.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Regal can still out wrestle 95% of the guys in the business today. I don't know how impressive that is in todays wrestling world though. That's not meant as a slight toward Regal, the guy is still fucking gold.

Punk winning it makes no sense as does Kennedy. Kennedy is already over and Punk has the MITB thing going on. Jericho doesn't need it and MVP is the only other guy you could make a case for.

[quote name='jimbodan']As for the show itself I thought it was an epic failure. The KOTR tourney was mangled, screwed up, and wasted in just about every way possible. CM Punk, Jericho, Matt, and MVP were the only ones competing that deserved to be in the tournament. Finlay and Regal are way past their primes and should stick to gimmick crap or GMing. Khali might possibly be the worst wrestler in the company and Hornswoggle has no business being there. MVP losing in the first round made him look like crap especially since he tapped. CM losing to Regal of all people made him look weak. So he is supposed to be in line for a title shot and quite possibly a title run and he goes and loses to f'n Regal who hasn't had more then a handful or matches in the couple of years? Come on. I don't care that his matches were tougher, it still undermined him. The push that will result of being KOTR is completely wasted on Regal.

They should have had either Kennedy, Jericho, CM Punk, or MVP win it so that the push wouldn't be wasted and they could possibly use it elevate one of those four passed mid card status and into a main eventer.[/quote]

You're absolutely right. This is what would be done if the WWE had any sense to itself.

[quote name='jimbodan']Seconded. That crap with the spoilers really pissed me off. It's one thing to go into the forums, click on the thread and find spoilers. That I understand. But to simply scroll down the front page of CAG and see the damn spoilers there was BS.[/quote]

Thirded. I hate spoilers in the topic title, I hate anything added on to the topic title.

[quote name='mykevermin']The title editing is irritating regardless: the Davey Richards car wreck title was what made me want to see him no longer run a wrestling thread.[/quote]So it's not just me, then. Not to pile on, but constant title changes are annoying. This isn't WCW 2000.

Wow you guys must all live together because you seem like you're all on your period.

^_^

To everyone on the West Coast: Move.

[quote name='jimbodan']As for the show itself I thought it was an epic failure. The KOTR tourney was mangled, screwed up, and wasted in just about every way possible. CM Punk, Jericho, Matt, and MVP were the only ones competing that deserved to be in the tournament. Finlay and Regal are way past their primes and should stick to gimmick crap or GMing. Khali might possibly be the worst wrestler in the company and Hornswoggle has no business being there. MVP losing in the first round made him look like crap especially since he tapped. CM losing to Regal of all people made him look weak. So he is supposed to be in line for a title shot and quite possibly a title run and he goes and loses to f'n Regal who hasn't had more then a handful or matches in the couple of years? Come on. I don't care that his matches were tougher, it still undermined him. The push that will result of being KOTR is completely wasted on Regal.[/quote]

See. I actually felt bad for a couple of moments and then I read your retarded misguided posts. Finlay and Regal both deserve their pushes. Ric Flair was past his prime, God bless his soul, but Regal and Finlay can both go, as proven by Finlay at Mania and Regal on RAW for two weeks in a row.

And beyond that, the fact that you haven't added anything to the thread until 21 pages in only to bitch makes me want to tell you to fuck off. Otherwise I'd show you more courtesy.

You deserved to have the show spoiled for you.

To everyone else, sorry. Like Myke, I didn't realize about the West Coast being three/four hours early. I'm not in the habit of giving away spoilers as you know from last week's ECW and SD shows. I only updated with whatever matches were going to take place. The basic idea was to get more interest in the show and thread by at least letting people know what was going on tonight.

As for Davey Richards, Myke only if he was in the WWE right? Yeah that's how you roll. ;)

Just kidding.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What a fucking idiot. Please never make a wrestling topic again. Ever. Thanks for spoiling the fucking thing.[/quote]

Wasn't the fucking show already fucking over when you made fucking this post?

[quote name='007']I love Regal, but I fail to see where they're going with this. Does he get a title shot?

Why did they let Punk make it to the finals? Did they really think we were stupid enough to believe that Punk would get BOTH MitB and KotR within the span of a month?

Like I said, I love Regal, but unless he's switching brands, I don't see the point in this. If anything, I think that (considering MVP was knocked out first round, so I won't even touch on that) that it should've gone to Finlay, giving him that final boost into the Smackdown title picture and adding some freshness so we don't have to sit through Taker vs. Batista AGAIN.

Maybe they'll surprise me, but I'm not sure I have enough faith in them for that.[/quote]

I didn't expect Regal to win, or even be in the tournament. The possibility of him going by Lord William Regal makes me happy in the pants. I hope they don't call him King Regal, as it sounds less appealing to me.

I love Regal, and enjoyed his very brief dance with the Intercontinental division a couple years ago. Regal has been a favorite of mine, Finlay too, so to finally see them where I always felt they belonged makes me happy. Well, that is, if Regal ever sees a World title shot.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I loved teaming of Santino and Carlito (two of my favs), and the Jericho/Punk match was phenomenal. I expect an excellent rivalry between the two.[/quote]

Good gravy, Santino is a comic savant. If he doesn't get at least a - serious - Intercontinental run, I'd be pissed.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Finlay and Regal both deserve their pushes. Ric Flair was past his prime, God bless his soul, but Regal and Finlay can both go, as proven by Finlay at Mania and Regal on RAW for two weeks in a row. [/quote]

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. Regal is 42 and Finlay is 49. Regal is the same age as Michaels, and Finlay is older than Misawa. What's the relation between all four wrestlers? While past their prime, they can definitely still perform at the same level, with the same vigor, as younger talent, and that's damn impressive. I just think it's a shame Finlay and Regal only now got the recognition I thought they deserved.

I live on the West Coast and don't mind spoilers. In fact, considering I go through periods where I don't watch WWE due to their sometimes... often... tiresome, predictable routine, I use spoilers to see if I should even watch the show.

Of course, I'm just one person.

Simple solution:
Confine potential spoilers, time zone related or not, to the OP. After comments go past page 1, they're easy to ignore for people that don't want to see them and easy to find for those that do.

I dig Regal.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Wasn't the fucking show already fucking over when you made fucking this post?[/quote]

It was, but that doesn't mean I came into this thread looking for spoilers. All I did was click on my User CP and the first thing I see is the goddamn spoiler. The Horse, even with all his shortcomings, never did anything as asshole-ish as putting spoilers in the thread title.

[quote name='chasemurata']I live on the West Coast and don't mind spoilers. In fact, considering I go through periods where I don't watch WWE due to their sometimes... often... tiresome, predictable routine, I use spoilers to see if I should even watch the show.

Of course, I'm just one person.[/QUOTE]
I'm the same. I always read spoilers for wrestling to see if theres something worth watching. Others however feel differently and its unfair to not respect time zones. All the other TV threads observe the general consensus of avoiding spoilers until its aired on the west coast. I generally avoid going into those threads just in case. Putting spoilers in the title does suck though. If I put "THEY GET OFF THE ISLAND!" in the Lost thread title, I'm sure I would get thrown to the wolves. I'm not saying to use spoiler tags on everything, I think the wrestling thread is the last thread that needs it. Just be considerate. Goldberg would want it that way.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It was, but that doesn't mean I came into this thread looking for spoilers. All I did was click on my User CP and the first thing I see is the goddamn spoiler. The Horse, even with all his shortcomings, never did anything as asshole-ish as putting spoilers in the thread title.[/quote]

It wasn't a spoiler then because the show was already over on all American time zones. So as far as I'm concerned, if you want to throw a five year old hissy fit, feel free to do it. At the very least, even Myke made a similar point.

[quote name='JJSP']Fail just for that. You're not a 12 year old girl on MySpace.[/quote]

That was the point.

Anyway, just so we're clear. As for as Zen Davis wrestling threads go, there will be no more spoilers in the title threads from here on in. I will however keep updating the topic to reflect the matches on RAW, ECW, and SD on the day of the shows.

[quote name='chasemurata']I didn't expect Regal to win, or even be in the tournament. The possibility of him going by Lord William Regal makes me happy in the pants. I hope they don't call him King Regal, as it sounds less appealing to me.

I love Regal, and enjoyed his very brief dance with the Intercontinental division a couple years ago. Regal has been a favorite of mine, Finlay too, so to finally see them where I always felt they belonged makes me happy. Well, that is, if Regal ever sees a World title shot.

Good gravy, Santino is a comic savant. If he doesn't get at least a - serious - Intercontinental run, I'd be pissed.[/quote]

Agreed on all counts. That's my problem, I love Regal, but I just don't have the faith in them to follow through with this. I'd love for them to start playing the dominant cocky heel as GM AND wrestler who uses his position to get himself ahead, but then I'm also afraid that it'll just devolve into comedic 'hey, I'm a king!' GM who wrestles midgets.

I *want* Regal to get pushed and succeed, but there's no room for him on Raw. The WWE title picture is pretty damn full already, and there's enough people who SHOULD be in the IC title hunt that he's unneeded. Then, look at the upper card faces on Raw... who exactly is, realistically, going to lay down for Regal... well, outside of HBK, who is the only upper card Raw face that seems able to lay down for anyone. HHH lays down for Regal? Laughable. Cena? Even less likely. So, unless there's a massive face/heel turn for someone, basically relegates Regal to the mid-card, unless they go heel/heel, which, with JBL/Orton, they've shown they won't actually commit to.

So, essentially, I want Regal to have the push he deserves, without knocking off Orton. Perfect scenario would to have HHH get BEATEN cleanly by Regal, but I'm not naive enough to think that'll happen. Not 'quick pin', not 'DQ', not 'interference', not 'cheating'... BEATEN. Clean. 1-2-3 or tapping.

I'm just rambling at this point, so two more points... first, I love Santino, though I'm more of the opinion that he should be given a manager role as the mouthpiece of a heel who can't talk. He's the best thing to happen to WWE in years, but I've yet to be convinced by him as a 'wrestler'. Second, not that my opinion matters, but I'd vote for no editing of the topic title at all.

[quote name='Scorch']Thirded. I hate spoilers in the topic title, I hate anything added on to the topic title.[/quote]

What DON'T you hate?

Everyone just settle down. I agree that the Regal update shouldn't have been in the title but the level of vitriol is just sad. Calling for Zen to not do anymore topics is ridiculous. I have no problem with Zen making future topics. Most previous topics have sucked since they consisted of nothing more than a picture and some C&P from Wikipedia. IMO, Demolition Man made one of the best topics with the TNA 5th anniversary one. That had a lot of video links which are vital to a good topic OP. Ultimately, Zen said he wouldn't put spoilers in the title anymore so that's that.

[quote name='D_Icon']"Do you smell what Barack is cooking?"

Did he actually say that?[/QUOTE]

Yup, he did.

On ESPN Classics this morning, they played the famous Rose and Sommers vs. Midnight Rockers bloodbath - it was
even more amazing to see within the context of it finishing off a show rather than seeing it shown as part of a compilation. Michaels was covered with blood to start, then Marty got busted open, and then Sommers got busted open so badly he was bleeding onto his chest. Rose's selling was incredible during the Rockers' comebacks, and I enjoyed the spots where the faces would go for a punch, and either connect or miss and fall due to how exhausted they were. I couldn't believe how hot the crowd was during it.

The AWA crowd is usually...subdued, but here, they went wild for everything. It had tons of blood, many, many punches, a chair, and two knocked out refs. Incredible match, and it was made even better by the post-match interview with Greg Gagne saying that it was beyond anything he'd ever seen before. Simply remarkable last 20 minutes of the show.

Screens -

Sommers = incredible dick heel

[quote name='007']Agreed on all counts. That's my problem, I love Regal, but I just don't have the faith in them to follow through with this. I'd love for them to start playing the dominant cocky heel as GM AND wrestler who uses his position to get himself ahead, but then I'm also afraid that it'll just devolve into comedic 'hey, I'm a king!' GM who wrestles midgets.

I *want* Regal to get pushed and succeed, but there's no room for him on Raw. The WWE title picture is pretty damn full already, and there's enough people who SHOULD be in the IC title hunt that he's unneeded. Then, look at the upper card faces on Raw... who exactly is, realistically, going to lay down for Regal... well, outside of HBK, who is the only upper card Raw face that seems able to lay down for anyone. HHH lays down for Regal? Laughable. Cena? Even less likely. So, unless there's a massive face/heel turn for someone, basically relegates Regal to the mid-card, unless they go heel/heel, which, with JBL/Orton, they've shown they won't actually commit to.

So, essentially, I want Regal to have the push he deserves, without knocking off Orton. Perfect scenario would to have HHH get BEATEN cleanly by Regal, but I'm not naive enough to think that'll happen. Not 'quick pin', not 'DQ', not 'interference', not 'cheating'... BEATEN. Clean. 1-2-3 or tapping.

I'm just rambling at this point, so two more points... first, I love Santino, though I'm more of the opinion that he should be given a manager role as the mouthpiece of a heel who can't talk. He's the best thing to happen to WWE in years, but I've yet to be convinced by him as a 'wrestler'. Second, not that my opinion matters, but I'd vote for no editing of the topic title at all.[/quote]

I think Santino has a better chance at being remembered if he becomes a manager. In today's WWE, there are just too many main-event and upper-card wrestlers hogging the spotlight at every chance they get. Honestly, I think Santino has no chance to become a main-event WWE wrestler. However, he - does - have a chance at becoming a manager for a main-event WWE wrestler. It makes me sad to think Santino may not be remembered years from now. He just has so much unexplored potential.

007, I absolutely agree that Regal needs a clean victory over a main-event face. Well, that is, if WWE plans on pushing him as a main-event heel. First, he's foreign, which automatically gives him heat. Secondly, he's an excellent speaker, and just tremendous in the ring. Also, he has great, sexy hair. It's the gravy on the drumstick. :oops:

There is indeed no room on Raw for Regal. Smackdown seems like a much better place for him. Undertaker and Edge seem to be team players, which I like for Regal. I could see Undertaker putting over Regal. Batista, too. Edge, while heel, would also be a neat pairing for Regal. It just seems less politics are played with the Smackdown team.

I have already seen enough of Regal, DAMN Towl Slip. It is good to see something unexpected come out of KOTR.

[quote name='chasemurata']I didn't expect Regal to win, or even be in the tournament. The possibility of him going by Lord William Regal makes me happy in the pants. I hope they don't call him King Regal, as it sounds less appealing to me.

Good gravy, Santino is a comic savant. If he doesn't get at least a - serious - Intercontinental run, I'd be pissed.[/quote]

I liked Regal in his early days/prime, but now he just pisses me off that somebody more talented isn't being pushed. I think his time came and has gone. Anyway, Santino and Carlito kick ass. WWE could have such a great cruiserweight division, or even a show devoted to the cruiserweight, if they really made a push for them. Santino, Carlito, Hardys, etc.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Wow you guys must all live together because you seem like you're all on your period.

^_^

To everyone on the West Coast: Move.

See. I actually felt bad for a couple of moments and then I read your retarded misguided posts. Finlay and Regal both deserve their pushes. Ric Flair was past his prime, God bless his soul, but Regal and Finlay can both go, as proven by Finlay at Mania and Regal on RAW for two weeks in a row.

And beyond that, the fact that you haven't added anything to the thread until 21 pages in only to bitch makes me want to tell you to fuck off. Otherwise I'd show you more courtesy.

You deserved to have the show spoiled for you.

To everyone else, sorry. Like Myke, I didn't realize about the West Coast being three/four hours early. I'm not in the habit of giving away spoilers as you know from last week's ECW and SD shows. I only updated with whatever matches were going to take place. The basic idea was to get more interest in the show and thread by at least letting people know what was going on tonight.

As for Davey Richards, Myke only if he was in the WWE right? Yeah that's how you roll. ;)

Just kidding.

Wasn't the fucking show already fucking over when you made fucking this post?[/QUOTE]

Wow you have got to be the biggest douche on CAG. I truly hope you die in a fire or at least get cancer.

Flair was too old when he got his last couple of pushes and should have retired years ago. I don't like watching dinosaur 80's style matches. I like faster paced more believable matches, not someone that has a midget spray people with water guns or beat people with a club to win.

As for the comment about only posting on page 21, I've been around here on CAG a long time before you ever showed up here (check our join dates if you don't believe me) So don't come at me with that shit.

[quote name='jimbodan']Wow you have got to be the biggest douche on CAG. I truly hope you die in a fire or at least get cancer.
[/QUOTE]

Dude. He spoiled a show and made a smart assed post. Is that called for? Can the two of you at least agree to disagree so we can back to the wrestling?

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Dude. He spoiled a show and made a smart assed post. Is that called for? Can the two of you at least agree to disagree so we can back to the wrestling?[/QUOTE]

I said he was wrong to spoil the show and that was that. Then he comes out and tells me I'm on my period, to move, and that I don't deserve common courtesy just for telling him that posting spoilers is inconsiderate? F That.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back