The "Bitch About WrestleMania XXX Here" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahahaha. I out off WM for an hour to watch Game of Thrones, and Undertaker loses? Best decision I made since I deliberately didn't watch Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas live on HBO, seeing as how it was "obvious" Tyson would win.

Don't ever take me to Vegas. :lol:

WWE trolled a lot of people with the WWE Network. How many people wish they could cancel now and not be screwed by that 6 month contract? LOL. This probably phoned in the rest of the show, which is good in a sense as it pretty much all but guarantees Daniel Bryan winning if wwe doesn't want NOLA rioting..

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone in the Fark wrestling thread posted this article. Anyone remember seeing any reports like that back in 2010?
Well, they had the "confrontation" in 2010 after UFC 121. And there was speculation of a match at Mania 27 because of it. But I don't think there were any published rumors of Taker wanting Brock to end the streak back then.

Totally agree. The match was so sloppy and Taker looked so slow. If the match would have had the pacing of any of the HBK matches or even the HHH HIAC match, I wouldnt have minded that he lost. But to lose it in a throwaway match where the crowd was dead for 90% of the match and losing to a guy who at most shows up 10 times a year is just a stupid booking decision. Could have gave it to some young up and comer to build them as the next big main eventer.
Totally agree, but WWE, in its current state, would probably pick somebody like Fandango as said young up and comer, and they would have been forgotten 4-5 months later.

Someone in the Fark wrestling thread posted this article. Anyone remember seeing any reports like that back in 2010?
I remember hearing that, but wrote it off as dirtsheet fodder. I still remember the "confrontation" at the UFC fight years ago. They tricked me into thinking there was legit heat. I assumed they had a bad relationship outside of WWE and figured Taker would never put Lesnar over. Those guys did their damn job. I NEVER expected that to happen.

WWE trolled a lot of people with the WWE Network. How many people wish they could cancel now and not be screwed by that 6 month contract? LOL. This probably phoned in the rest of the show, which is good in a sense as it pretty much all but guarantees Daniel Bryan winning if wwe doesn't want NOLA rioting..
What the fuck are you talking about? Because the streak ended, that's trolling people who bought the Network? PFFT. THAT'S BUSINESS.

After watching the match, I don't think Taker had another Wrestlemania in him to lose to someone else. At 49, he probably shouldn't have even participated in this one.

After watching the match, I don't think Taker had another Wrestlemania in him to lose to someone else. At 49, he probably shouldn't have even participated in this one.
Ending it at WM 28 with the 2nd HHH match would have been perfect. The "end of an era" slogan they kept throwing around, the streak being a nice even 20-0, and the last image we saw of HHH/Taker/HBK hugging and barely walking away together.

What the fuck are you talking about? Because the streak ended, that's trolling people who bought the Network? PFFT. THAT'S BUSINESS.
A lot of people have a lot less reason to watch. I just bought into 6 months of subpar matches with Cena continuously winning, etc. At least i'm splitting the bill with others. Certain individuals brought character to WWE and kept me interested. This is another reason to not give a shit for WWE, especially when I've been enjoying the 1 hour ROH weekly product on my shitty local access network more. Oh, and it's free.

Let's be honest, WWE has been doing lots and lots of "business" mistakes in the past several years. Declining sales, ratings, etc. indicate as much. I guess ending the streak on a shitty match is considered "good business" and keep people tuning in.

Edit: Check Facebook/Twitter for wwe network. Pretty much the exact thing I said is being said over and over gain. (small sample size, but there's truth in it.)

On the chance Sting shows up tomorrow, I guess my random prediction would be Undertaker does a retirement speech, Sting shows up and asks him for a match at 31, trying to push something about how a match between the two of them is the only thing he's never done.

BkldJDBCIAAqhnc.png
k9x5b6M.png

Also,

A lot of people have a lot less reason to watch. I just bought into 6 months of subpar matches with Cena continuously winning, etc. At least i'm splitting the bill with others. Certain individuals brought character to WWE and kept me interested. This is another reason to not give a shit for WWE, especially when I've been enjoying the 1 hour ROH weekly product on my shitty local access network more. Oh, and it's free.

Let's be honest, WWE has been doing lots and lots of "business" mistakes in the past several years. Declining sales, ratings, etc. indicate as much. I guess ending the streak on a shitty match is considered "good business" and keep people tuning in.

Edit: Check Facebook/Twitter for wwe network. Pretty much the exact thing I said is being said over and over gain. (small sample size, but there's truth in it.)
Why the fuck is your signature google ads?

Watching this overbaked championship match, there's something ironic about Bryan taking on like fuckin' seven people and winning the match (presumably) - in the process "overcoming the odds," yet when Cena does it, it's "same old shit."

I'm not saying I disagree with that sentiment, but it seems like a bit of selective appreciation and condemnation.

Watching this overbaked championship match, there's something ironic about Bryan taking on like fuckin' seven people and winning the match (presumably) - in the process "overcoming the odds," yet when Cena does it, it's "same old shit."

I'm not saying I disagree with that sentiment, but it seems like a bit of selective appreciation and condemnation.
It help[s that Bryan actually is the underdog in this match and it being treated as such.

I think the main difference is that Cena has been doing it since....2005? Trying to remember when the current Cena incarnation started.

We going to see a Foley moment with Bryan pulling himself off the stretcher to finish a match?

Then why wasn't the victory given last year to CM Punk, someone who would appreciate it, and not the piece of shit who will bolt for the biggest paycheck Brock Lesnar?

My decision to boycott the network is becoming more and more justified in my demented eyes.

Also,

Why the fuck is your signature google ads?
Not google ads. One I guess is broken. Eh, honest answer was I was helping some friends out and forgot about the sig.

Edit: Also, I'm not on CAG enough anymore to really spend time on fixing it, prettying it up, giving a shit, etc.

Fair point on Cena.

This championship match isn't doing much for me. shrug. I find it hard to be "upset" about the matches and card, given that it was included in the cost of the Network. I was going to buy that anyway for $10/month. Show still sounded like it stunk.

I'm happy they didn't take long getting this into a gif:

Taker3_medium.gif

I'm also still convinced Bootista is gonna win this match just to make sure the crowd goes home angry.

I've actually enjoyed the PPV tonight, even the Taker loss. That just took me by surprise which isn't a bad thing.

Glad Bryan won. Very deserving. Memorable Wrestlemania, but for all the wrong reasons. Telegraphed/phoned in after the streak ending. Had potential, but ended on a whimper.

I give Wrestlemania XXX a solid 9/10. It loses a point for Cena going over and the streak ending the way it did, but other than that it was a solid show from top to bottom.

Props to Batista for that kickout at the end. I thought Orton won right there and then bam, kickout at 2 and nine tenths.

But glad to see that Bryan finally won. I do agree that the crowd would have been more into it if it werent for the Streak ending but it still was an awesome scene.

Definitely the best WM since 17.

Punk definitely not coming back now, i wouldnt. Dbd should be super thankful to him.

I think tonight's Wrestlemania was REALLY good.  Props to the WWE Network and MLB for staying strong throughout the night with minimal rewinds (and 1 crash that I'm to blame for).

It's really cool that Daniel Bryan won the Title tonight, but...I feel like he still lost because no one's going to talk about it.  Everyone's going to talk about Undertaker losing tonight.  I don't know when that finish was determined, but it was either super late or in the ring.  It was a shitty match that Undertaker shouldn't have been in because he looked terrible, but it really sucks that he lost to Brock Lesnar.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it must've been determined late, when you consider the poetic irony of Undertaker burning Lesnar's coffin during his entrance.

I'm in the same boat that the reaction seemed less, so to speak, than could have been with how the streak ended.

Wow. This was an incredible night. Not every result was what I hoped, but I do have a lot of hope for the future. Cesaro's win should help him. Bray's loss shouldn't hurt much since it was part of a bigger story. Bryan-HHH was incredible and better than I expected, while Brock-Taker was worse, and had a shocking ending. Brock beating the streak, historically, should be okay since it's Taker's last match and he lost to the only former WWE and UFC Champion in history. However, it is stained by WWE's petty booking of him. Still, they lucked into him being a UFC Champ like they lucked into the streak, so given that, it's amazing that so much was gotten out of each thing. The WWE Title match was a bit of a cluster, but the right man won and had an epic celebration.

Full thoughts -
http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/wrestlemania-xxx.html

Screens -
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/pnyvc181cq8a2kuam6m1u6bywt9b1vur

I think tonight's Wrestlemania was REALLY good. Props to the WWE Network and MLB for staying strong throughout the night with minimal rewinds (and 1 crash that I'm to blame for).

It's really cool that Daniel Bryan won the Title tonight, but...I feel like he still lost because no one's going to talk about it. Everyone's going to talk about Undertaker losing tonight. I don't know when that finish was determined, but it was either super late or in the ring. It was a shitty match that Undertaker shouldn't have been in because he looked terrible, but it really sucks that he lost to Brock Lesnar.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it must've been determined late, when you consider the poetic irony of Undertaker burning Lesnar's coffin during his entrance.
I'm kind of thinking they didn't actually mean to end it but Taker was too tired to kick out or something. You could audibly hear him say "reverse this into the F5" right before he picked Lesnar up that last time, and then everyone froze including the ref while they seemingly scrambled on the headset over whether or not to just roll with it or not. I don't think that was the planned match ending at all.

I'm in the same boat that the reaction seemed less, so to speak, than could have been with how the streak ended.
I think the crowd was just in shock. I read the same thing happened when Bruno Sammartino lost the title to Ivan Koloff: the crowd just sat there in shocked silence.

I hate Taker but that match was awful and not how the streak should've ended and very annoyed with Cena winning in the way he always does (not that he won, but the way he won, he should've turned into a violent monster). Otherwise pretty pleased though, AJ retains, Bryan won clean twice, CESARO. Good ppv overall.

I'm trying to think the same thing, but I might be rationalizing because I'm still in shock over it.  The first Wrestlemania I buy in 6-7 years and Taker's streak ends.

EDIT:  Cena/Bray felt like the entire match was in Bray's world until the end.  At one point Cena went for the 5 knuckle and Cole went 'this is the type of reaction Cena's used to' and the whole crowd was booing the shit out of it.

I'm kind of thinking they didn't actually mean to end it but Taker was too tired to kick out or something. You could audibly hear him say "reverse this into the F5" right before he picked Lesnar up that last time, and then everyone froze including the ref while they seemingly scrambled on the headset over whether or not to just roll with it or not. I don't think that was the planned match ending at all.
Oh for the love of...of course it was meant to be the ending. Everyone being shocked it actually ended makes perfect sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXf7EObgrQY

It was a clean 3 count, the ref doesn't hesitate to call for the bell. It was the ending.

Then why wasn't the victory given last year to CM Punk, someone who would appreciate it, and not the piece of shit who will bolt for the biggest paycheck Brock Lesnar?

My decision to boycott the network is becoming more and more justified in my demented eyes.
If I had to guess, Undertaker probably wrongly thought he had a few more matches in him and Brock got it by default. Wrestlers normally don't go out on top and ride off into the sunset. They leave putting someone else over unless they can't because of some special circumstance like with Edge's neck.

The body is an interesting thing. Edge had to retire in his late 30's, Rick Flair was still wrestling into his 60's and I think it's finally the Undertaker's time to retire. I mean, losing to Brock Lesnar is nothing to sneeze at. He was the longest reigning UFC heavyweight champion for crying out loud.

Overall, I did enjoy Wrestlemania XXX and I am happy with the network. Paying $5 more than what Wrestlemania normally costs on its own for 6 months of new PPVs, every past PPV and original programming isn't bad.

Another thing, wwe needs to stop these live entrances performances where the artist clearly lip syncs and still sounds bad live. Is it also hard to have the damn champ come out last in the main event good lord.

Bray Wyatt's Band Entrance was amazing. then again, up til the finish, it was amazing and going to be the best match of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back