The "Bitch About WrestleMania XXX Here" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to have Daniel Bryan become your new champ then why do you kill his momentum right off the bat. No one is going to talk about him winning and all anyone is going to talk about is the streak.

These people bashing the network (hiccup, Slidecage) crack me up. "Undertaker lost!! I bet everyone is REAL sorry for buying the network now! LOLOLOL"

Yeah. I'm so sorry that for $9.99 a month, I replaced my entire DVD collection, obtained events that I could never find, and get pre and post show stuff, no matter how much fluff it is. Real sorry. Terrible investment. What ever will I do without that extra $10 a month?

Wrestlemania was great, top to bottom. The streak needed to end, it was way past time. I don't agree with it being Lesnar, but given that he works a very limited schedule, they had to give him legitimacy somehow.

Tag match was okay, I'm guessing HHH/Bryan ran long and that's why the Shield/NAO&Kane ran so short.. Even the divas match, by usual diva match standards, was good.

The main event was fairly lame, but Bryan winning made it worth it. It was a very entertaining event. The network froze three times for me, each time under ten seconds.

Wholly agree with the guy who said UT comes out tomorrow night, Sting challenges for 31, and it's the last match for both. It's the perfect way for them to both end their careers.

To be honest Casey it's like the WWE had to have Daniel Bryan winning in order to give people a good feeling end to the show after the Streak ended. You are right people are going to remember the Streak ending far more but just what the heck do you do in order to end the show on a high note after that? I can't think of much beyond what the WWE did.

Lol Dbd looked like he pulled a cena at the end when his arm is suddenly fine after selling it like it was pretty much paralyzed

I think Taker losing to Lesnar REALLY helped the near pinfalls in the Main Event, especially for the Crowd.  Looking at longer gifs, it's kinda apparent that Heyman didn't know the finish of the match. He paused, slid into the ring, paused and then broke out in awe.  Brock...I don't know if he thought he won that, either.

I think Taker losing to Lesnar REALLY helped the near pinfalls in the Main Event, especially for the Crowd. Looking at longer gifs, it's kinda apparent that Heyman didn't know the finish of the match. He paused, slid into the ring, paused and then broke out in awe. Brock...I don't know if he thought he won that, either.
Heyman's reaction to it is what threw me off. I didn't know what to make out of it as if it was suppose to happen or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why wasn't the victory given last year to CM Punk, someone who would appreciate it, and not the piece of shit who will bolt for the biggest paycheck Brock Lesnar?

My decision to boycott the network is becoming more and more justified in my demented eyes.
That's a solid question... and one we likely won't get an answer to unless Undertaker decides to talk about it... but my guess is that father time finally caught up with him. He knew he couldn't do it next year so it had to end this year... Honestly, looking at the match... I can believe it. He certainly didn't look like the Undertaker of old. (Rather or not the WWE knew this when they announced Lesner.... I honestly suspect not. He's already established (and pretty much part time) and they could have used this push on someone like Reigns or Cesaro... (Or reestablish a stars that's had some bad luck of late like Ziegler) )

Other WM thoughts.

Pretty much the ending I suspected... Brian was//is as hot as you can realistic make him by keeping him down... To delay it any longer in an effort to take it to another level isn't worth the risk of it blowing up in their faces. (I'm just glad Orton didn't get pinned/tapped. He done allot of good work this year while Bootista made a movie so Bootista should take the loss.)

Andre Battle Royal; much better than i thought it would be... Though its still a cluster fuck with 30 men in the ring at once. Ending was pure awesome... and really seemed to come out of nowhere. Also it looked like Cesaro picked him up clean (or about as clean as one could) which was just crazy and really reminiscent of Hogan picking up Andre the Giant.

Diva Match; missed most of it do to the network locking up on me... Time Warner gets the blame for that one. Not much was missed I'm sure. Still rather surprised that AJ won.

Shield vs Kane and the Outlaws; Was way quicker of a match than I thought it would be.... also with my beliefs that the Outlaws are soon to hang it up again I'm a but disappointed that their intro speech got interrupted. (again)

HHH vs DB, really enjoy it. HHH intro was freaking amazing... His ring attire maidens should all be retained. Hired to do what? Not sure... but I know if Cole has to tell me abou tthe WWE app and they're there next to the announcers table it wouldn't seem like the waste of time it is right now. :lol: (Also, I don't think that intro would work for anyone currently in the WWE but they shouldn't let it waste away as a one and done. It would work pretty well for a future gimmick IMHO.)

Tag Match; Again really solid... Though I really wish that the wrestlers would listen to the rules a bit more... Why are you cutting into a match when its an elimination tag match and all you are doing is putting your team at risk by being inside the ring?

Cena vs Wyatt... I think Cena's refusal to heel turn sort of hurt this match... If he had won while turning people would have responded better to him winning... yet again.

Network; It reminded me a few times that I was streaming it instead of watching in via cable but all and all a solid performance on what's likely to be ts busiest night of the year.

Overall; Very solid 4+ hours of entertainment.

...I was really kind of hoping Bryan would do the corny Hogan style thing where he's dead on the stretcher, but then gives a faint "...yesss..." point, which he then continues to do over and over getting stronger, until he pulls himself off the stretcher and charges back into the ring.

Then why wasn't the victory given last year to CM Punk, someone who would appreciate it, and not the piece of shit who will bolt for the biggest paycheck Brock Lesnar?
Yeah, because it's not like CM Punk would leave the company or anything.

To answer the question: because CM Punk was a year ago and maybe Undertaker didn't feel like he was done then. A year is a long time, especially when Taker got injured AFTER the Punk match while fighting The Shield.

I didn't think I would be OK with Taker losing, but now that it actually happened I totally am. I get, and can somewhat agree with, the people who are whining about it should have been Reigns or Bray or whatever, but Brock was not a bad choice. Yes he's part time, but unless your name is McMahon, you could be gone from the company by this time next year. Heck, Lesnar himself did the superpush/OK I'm gone thing.

Got news for you - Reigns, et al are going to be main eventers whether they break the streak or not. Lesnar (like Angle, who was rumored to be one of Taker's choices to end the streak several years ago) is a believable guy who will likely now have a huge year where he wins the title and builds to the biggest David and Goliath main event ever, which will serve to get Bryan over even more. Daniel Bryan beating Brock Lesnar for the title is big. Daniel Bryan beating Brock Lesnar, destroyer of the streak, for the WWE title is bigger.

-----

I've seen a theory floated now that Undertaker "called an audible" during the match and decided to lose. So yeah, wrestling fans are still generally really stupid. "BUT HIS MUSIC DIDN'T PLAY IMMEDIATELY" - yes, because the immediate crowd reaction was what was important there. "BUT HEYMAN AND LESNAR LOOKED SHOCKED." fucking really? Christ.

I don't think Cena will ever turn heel. He's too important to the company as a good guy with his merchandise sales and Make-a-Wish things. I was disappointed in the finish, but I think I like him much more as a mid-carder as opposed to the 14-time World Champion that's somehow an underdog Champion. With Bryan, at least him being an underdog is still believable. 

BkldJDBCIAAqhnc.png

This guy was so shocked that it knocked his glasses crooked.

If it were up to me I would have booked Lesnar to break the streak, but I wouldn't have done it clean.

IMO, I think Heyman could get a lot more mileage out of cheating to beat Taker than anything else.

But, people complain that WWE is getting too predictable. Can't imagine anyone saw that coming.

I think Taker losing to Lesnar REALLY helped the near pinfalls in the Main Event, especially for the Crowd. Looking at longer gifs, it's kinda apparent that Heyman didn't know the finish of the match. He paused, slid into the ring, paused and then broke out in awe. Brock...I don't know if he thought he won that, either.
Been reading that it could have been like the Russo shoot or Montreal Screwjob in that only Lesnar, Taker, Heyman and the ref knew what was gonna happen.

Been reading that it could have been like the Russo shoot or Montreal Screwjob in that only Lesnar, Taker, Heyman and the ref knew what was gonna happen.
If Heyman knew, the dude deserves a fucking Oscar for that performance. I think it was a pre-match decision, as they did burn Brock's casket, and if you think about it now, they didn't need it, since he won.

So, couple thoughts on Taker-Lesnar. First, and foremost, if you think this wasn't 100% Taker's decision to end the streak, you're absolutely kidding yourself. At this point in his career he has about as close to 100% creative control you can get, short of marrying a McMahon (Vince himself maybe, I dunno). For that reason, I respect the decision, it was his storyline to end and he chose to end it. Good for him for being one of the rare guys who seems to be ok with going out on his back.

Secondly, part of me is starting to think this might have actually been what sent Punk packing. I'm almost wondering if Punk learned about this and got pissed that he didn't get to be the one to break the streak last year so he decided to walk. Just a pure speculation but given everything we know about his personality, it just seems to fit. Particularly when you take into account that just before leaving he didn't seem to have much negative to say about Batista coming back. I dunno, and we'll likely never know for sure but it certainly makes me wonder.

Next, the people claiming something went wrong or it wasn't supposed to happen, not a chance. The ref, Heyman, announcers, etc. did an amazing job of selling it, right on down to the delay of Lesnar's music. That's it though, it was great selling, cause if it really was an accident the 21-1 graphic wouldn't have been plastered on every board just a few seconds into the win. That's not exactly a copy-pasta job getting stuff programmed into those signs.

Finally, along the same lines as above, holy shit were those crowd reactions just about the most amazing thing ever. These people who were acting like their entire world had crumbled before them, fantastic. Just absolutely beyond entertaining to watch. If you always want a happy ending read a children's fairy tale, personally I was kind of glad to see the streak end because it wasn't so much a "streak" anymore as it was an annual "who's losing to Taker" gimmick match.

y1yAfM5.jpg

Ironic that people shit on tista and yet hes the one who took the fall and tapped no less. Now that this whole shit is over, lets put this belt on Lesnar or wyatt  where it should be.

I was going through the crowd reaction pics and saw this. I thought it was one of those shopped "baby head on a man" photos at first glance.

02_WM30_Reactions.jpg

That being said, I'm still kinda in shock after what happened. Honestly, I was getting so bored with the match that I wasn't paying close attention, and my heart skipped a beat when I heard the bell ring. I was seriously creeped out by how quiet the crowd and announcers were afterward. You'd think someone just died in the ring.

I'm not really torn up about the streak, but man, that match was awful. Tonight was the first time I watched WWE in over nine years and I'm not sure how to feel.

I was going through the crowd reaction pics and saw this. I thought it was one of those shopped "baby head on a man" photos at first glance.

02_WM30_Reactions.jpg

That being said, I'm still kinda in shock after what happened. Honestly, I was getting so bored with the match that I wasn't paying close attention, and my heart skipped a beat when I heard the bell ring. I was seriously creeped out by how quiet the crowd and announcers were afterward. You'd think someone just died in the ring.

I'm not really torn up about the streak, but man, that match was awful. Tonight was the first time I watched WWE in over nine years and I'm not sure how to feel.
lmao thats fucked up but i cant stop laughing.

That being said, I'm still kinda in shock after what happened. Honestly, I was getting so bored with the match that I wasn't paying close attention, and my heart skipped a beat when I heard the bell ring..
This was me. I got bored with the pace of the match and turned away from the TV for a second. Then, all of the sudden... silence. I can't really make fun of the crowd reactions, because my wife told me that my face looked similar.

Anyone notice the eerie similarities to a certain 20th anniversary mania.

-Triple threat main event after being an original 1 on 1.

-New champ by submission right down to certain move./ confetti celebration all over

-Something significant happens involving the Undertaker

-The new champ goes on to have a pathetic run until Summerslam?

At first I was thinking that should have gone to a young guy.  Brock works - he's basically been filling in the special attraction role for the rest of the year, now he can be that for Mania.

To go with the thread title:  I can't believe they did the "Angry John Cena picks up the stairs" bit again. Every single time they do the "Will Cena go over the edge" angle he does that.

Anyone notice the eerie similarities to a certain 20th anniversary mania.

-Triple threat main event after being an original 1 on 1.

-New champ by submission right down to certain move./ confetti celebration all over

-Something significant happens involving the Undertaker

-The new champ goes on to have a pathetic run until Summerslam?
I think this was by design as to redo that particular Mania's finish so we can actually have a guy they can show on TV.

I think Sean Waltman's twitter comment about the streak pretty much sums up why people are pissed

Sean Waltman: "With all due respect, that should have been saved for a Roman Reigns or someone else to build towards the future."
Some people(including me) feel that it should've been reserved for someone that could lead the company into a new generation. As giving it to Lesnar felt like a "WTF? You're giving it to him?". As the guy is there for 2-4 matches a year and as Cornette said recently, is just there to get big money and couldn't give a damn about the business.

At this point, they've ruined the one thing people looked forward to every year at Wrestlemania. As the streak has saved quite a few Wrestlemanias in the past 10 years, as some of them(including world title matches) were absolutely horrible without it.

To go with the thread title: I can't believe they did the "Angry John Cena picks up the stairs" bit again. Every single time they do the "Will Cena go over the edge" angle he does that.
That bit reminded me of the Fox Kids' Spider-Man episode where the symbiote makes him want to smash Rhino with a giant rock or something, but he tosses it aside a la John Cena and the steel steps.

I think Sean Waltman's twitter comment about the streak pretty much sums up why people are pissed

Some people(including me) feel that it should've been reserved for someone that could lead the company into a new generation. As giving it to Lesnar felt like a "WTF? You're giving it to him?". As the guy is there for 2-4 matches a year and as Cornette said recently, is just there to get big money and couldn't give a damn about the business.
You don't know the whole deal, just like everyone else bitching about it... hell, It's completely possible that Lesnar signed a new deal and will be around more frequently (not every show/house show/etc) .. or maybe we are all over-analyzing this shit and we should just sit back and take it for what it was: fucking quality entertainment.

I don't know about you fuck sticks, but I like being surprised when it comes to wrestling. It's what helped make the Attitude Era/WCW & the nWo era so big to begin with. Everyone has been spoiled by the internet, dirt sheets, and everyone likes to think they know everything about the business. Seriously, just sit back, shut the fuck up, and enjoy it for what it is.

With that being said: What's next for Daniel Bryan? I'd say Brock Lesnar. He was 'next in line' for a shot until Taker stepped up and answered his open challenge. I'd say ending the streak qualifies you for a title match at Extreme Rules.

And being the internet wrestling nerd that I just bashed, I totally could see a CM Punk appearance on RAW. Wishful thinking, but post-WM RAWs always have some cool stuff happening -- right?!

Orton comes out says he was never pinned gets rematch, months worth of storyline leading into the next ppv. Too easy

Orton comes out says he was never pinned gets rematch, months worth of storyline leading into the next ppv. Too easy
Thought about that, but it seems too obvious. Would be nice if they had the title rematch on RAW like they used to and not wasted a PPV with it.

My opinion is that Brock beating taker is shocking and no other superstar on the roster in their current form could have got that reaction. Reigns or Bray the fans would accept as a major push for them ( a push not every fan would be happy with ),any one friends with HHH would get us thinking taker had no input on the decision.

My favorite dumb internet reaction:  WWE is sabotaging Bryan by having Taker's lose the streak on the same night. 

He pinned Triple H clean without having to do his finisher 8 times.  Then he won the main event after an injury angle, inteference against him and a mid-match stretcher job.

Still they can't be happy.

For the first time in a long time I actually enjoyed a Wrestlemania. Undertaker losing was a legit shock that I never felt in wrestling in a long time, it could've gone to a better wrestler, but it does work in actually setting up a "How Undertaker Got His Groove Back" kinda story if they want to go that route. If all the dirt sheet rumors of Sting prove true than it would make it work all the better in them telling a story.

Daniel Bryan played out as I figured it would meaning abunch of run in's, but he got the win and I still enjoyed it eventhough the whole match was centered on really just him. If anything it felt like a handicap match for the title belt, but that RKO/Batista Bomb spot was pretty sick.

So yeah, an enjoyable and memorable Wrestlemania after a long streak of awful ones. I'm now excited at the prospect of watching Raw now. Good job, WWE.

Oh and reading the reactions from the internet on the Taker and Lesnar match, priceless. With how everyone's reacting it's like the WWE pointed a gun at his head and told him to job to Lesnar.

I doubt that a lot of people knew Lesnar was winning that match.  Less than 7 people total, IMO. Vince, Steph, HHH, Heyman (maybe), Ref, Taker and Brock.  You really can't convince me that more people knew about it, even with the 21-1 graphic.  People say that wasn't that easy to do, but I'm sure they've had stuff like that done in the past, particularly for promos and whatnot.  It was just...hanging there, lifelessly on the screen, you know.  Also, there's a gif of Brock looking back at Taker from the ramp and winking at him.  No clue what that means.  Probably nothing.

Still...Brock/Bryan is probably going to happen sooner than later and I expect Heyman/Brock to start tomorrow's show.

What the fuck.

That's all I got.

-

Just for the record, Lesnar was +3000 (which is two times larger than the biggest underdog I've ever hit), and Cena was +450.

Undertaker line moved from like -20000 to -3000 an hour or so before the PPV started or something like that. Huge swing.

The picture on wwe.com's front page makes me laugh, as if Diet Mountain Dew is responsible for ending the streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back