The "Bitch About WrestleMania XXX Here" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I missed this post but I agree 100000%

Bunch of goddamn crybaby idiots. Months to years prior to WM30, quite a few people bitched that "THE STREAK SHOULD END, TAKER WINNING EVERY YEAR IS TOO PREDICTABLE" okay, SURPRISE! Now it's done. "I DON'T LIKE LESNAR BEATING THE STREAK #wewantpunk" Oh shut the fuck up.

Would these dumbasses be happier if Seth Rollins or Dolph Ziggler beat the streak? How about [we love ya Bobby!] Bobby Lashley (NO.)

Because THAT is totally believable.
I never said I wanted the Streak to end, but if you're going to do it it should be someone like Punk, Cena, Bryan, or a young guy like Reigns, Cesaro, etc.

I'd be happier if Sting had ended it next year, & I'm not a Sting fan. Don't think Lesnar deserves this rub.

At first I was thinking that should have gone to a young guy. Brock works - he's basically been filling in the special attraction role for the rest of the year, now he can be that for Mania.
I hope they have Lesnar try to match Undertaker's streak. I want to say to my future kids, "This man, your hero, dethroned—my—childhood hero."

And this is how WWE hooks us in for life.

(Not like I could truly ignore WWE. It's been a cornerstone in my wrasslin experience for over 20 years.)

I never said I wanted the Streak to end, but if you're going to do it it should be someone like Punk, Cena, Bryan, or a young guy like Reigns, Cesaro, etc.

I'd be happier if Sting had ended it next year, & I'm not a Sting fan. Don't think Lesnar deserves this rub.
Sting ending it would make less sense than Lesnar ending it. At least Lesnar has more than proven himself on the big stage. Sting hasnt.

I also think a guy like Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns (who I see nothing special in at all...) would be able to handle being the one to end the streak. It would just be too much for them and I think they would crumble under the pressure. From a business point of view Cena should have been the one, from a fan point of view Lesnar being the one is just great.

I wasn't talking about you in particular, but if the shoe fits....

Punk, Bryan, even HBK (my all-time favorite) should never be allowed to kill the streak. Anyone smaller than the Undertaker should never be allowed to kill the streak. This is one time where I agree with the Vince theory that bigger is better. Someone beastly (no pun intended) needed to kill the streak. The match could have been a little more violent, to make it seem like Lesnar really beat the piss out of Taker, but it is what it is, and it's the most believable option available outside of Cena. If Cena beat the streak, there would be non stop crybaby bullshit even worse than this.

As for young guys like Cesaro or Reigns -- they don't need the rub. As someone (several) said earlier, they will be stars no matter what.

On the other hand, giving it to someone that is not established is like giving it to a flash in the pan guy that could disappear into the fold months later... it's the safest, and most believable bet to give it to Lesnar. I liked it, and I'm really not a fan of Lesnar at all.

Now that I think about it: I view it as Aquaman versus Cthulhu.

Once every year, Aquaman fights Cthulhu. Of course, Aquaman wins, but, for the sake of my analogy, let's say Cthulhu is the one who always wins. So, let's say Cthulhu always wins. But, every year, Aquaman has his fated battled with this other-worldly god-like monster. Maybe, one year, Aquaman tires, and another great warrior changes Cthulhu.

That is basically what I view Lesnar as. 

My only worry is Paul Heyman. Not that Lesnar isn't intimidating without Heyman, but man, the addition of Heyman is fantastic. I just hope Heyman doesn't die five years into letting Lesnar roll with a streak of his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being there last night for WM... the reaction when the bell rang was amazing... I never imagined the superdome could be so quiet.. hadnt had a shock like that since the Bash at the Beach where Hogan turned heel... it was a gutsy move

Many of us were waiting on some sort of swerve, which never came... 

Loved the Cesaro BR win, when it was down to the final two the crowd roared for him to win, nice to see him finally getting appreciated

Hulk... geez... first time he called it the Silverdome I turned to my stepson and asked him if I thought I was hearing him correctly... seconds later he repeated it... LOL'd at the boos he got for it

Overall had a great time, still PO'ed Cena won 

Sting should've never been the guy to end the streak. Brock ending it is just fine. Booking-wise, it's not perfect because WWE has fucked up booking Brock for the vast majority of his return run. Historically, THE ONLY WWE AND UFC WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION EVER ending the streak that WWE completely lucked into and didn't plan in advance is just fine. The streak was a fluke deal for about the first half of it, and they really never pushed it beyond "and the Undertaker is undefeated at WrestleMania" until the last 7-8 years.

Sting-Taker as a match is definitely best kept as a dream match for many reasons. One involves Taker and Sting not really having styles that mesh well together. Sting now can only have good matches with a guy like Roode who does the Flair formula - so that leaves Sting-HHH as a good main event-level match they can do to give him a bit match and not have it stink up the joint. Sting's TNA run delivered more good matches than expected, but he's limited and honestly, his match with Hogan in 2011 was a freaking miracle. Hogan at about 60 had a good-ish match with Sting and actually did moves. Hogan also built it up perfectly doing things like Q and As saying he'd take no bumps to get the hype for expectations down to a realistic level, and then exceeded them.

I Will say Brock beating Taker does bring back all his legitimacy after losing to Cena, HHH and almost losing to Punk had it not been for Paul Heyman. So now he is established as a monster all over again.

In theory, yes, but realistically, he's still the guy who feuded with HHH for a year for...some reason and who lost to Cena in his first match back. Hell, even with the Punk match, he was expected to lose that going in. Other than the Big Show match, there haven't been any matches with Brock where going in, you just know he'll kick ass and win due to how poorly they've booked the guy.

Then why wasn't the victory given last year to CM Punk, someone who would appreciate it, and not the piece of shit who will bolt for the biggest paycheck Brock Lesnar?

My decision to boycott the network is becoming more and more justified in my demented eyes.
wonder why Punk did not return. I heard a rumor he was to be the reason taker lost .. $$$$ must not been good enough or punk wants nothing to do with the WWE anymore .

I probally will get the network in may once i can lock in my cable price for another year.

The leading rumor is that Punk asked about how payoffs would work with the Network, wasn't given an answer, and decided to just leave half an hour before Raw in protest.

Went back and re-watched those reaction shots. The bug eyes and bro-shirt have to be my favorites.

Makes a lot of sense... I think everyone watching knew something was wrong early on in the match and I have no idea why Vince let it go on for as long as they did. I wouldn't be surprised if the Undertaker doesn't even remember the match, which could have been part of the problem.
Unless they're working you. Like the Cena knee injury.

History dictates that the Raw after Wrestlemania usually outshines the big event. Mania XXX was pretty awesome, in my opinion. Will we be able to see more great Raw moments? 

I had a lot of fun watchin' Mania XXX and re-watched it in preparation for Raw tonight. I haven't been so excited to be a fan like this since I discovered ROH, PWG, then NJPW.

I've been watching for more than 20 years, and I've been struggling all day to find a moment that shocked me as much as when the ref's hand hit the mat on 3 during Taker/Lesnar. The closest thing I can think of is when Earthquake ambushed Hogan on the Brother Love Show, back when I was a kid and it was still real to me, damn it.

I think that's my favorite thing about the reaction to UT/Lesnar.

We think we're all smart as can be, but the surprise and response prove that we're still fuckin' marks.

I've been watching for more than 20 years, and I've been struggling all day to find a moment that shocked me as much as when the ref's hand hit the mat on 3 during Taker/Lesnar. The closest thing I can think of is when Earthquake ambushed Hogan on the Brother Love Show, back when I was a kid and it was still real to me, damn it.
I will one up that nostalgia stunner with the time Earthquake squashed Damien in the unedited first time tv showing of it. As a kid I could not believe that had just happened, kind of the same feeling I had for a moment last night.

Shawn Michaels super kicking Marty Janetty (sp?) back in the day did it for me, which was topped by Hogan's NWO heel turn. Both of those were during my 'still real to me, damn it' days but even considering that, this was the most shocking moment in my 15-20 years of watching.

Also, I hope Taker is able to recover and give us 1 good performance before hanging up the boots. It'd suck if that's how he bows out.

Taker got a concussion when he fell on that one-leg spot on the outside early on.  After that the match went a lot slower.  I'm not upset that Taker lost, but I'm sour on the fact that it was a bad match.  If it was a good match, maybe we wouldn't have been as shocked as we ended up being.  If anyone wants to get angry at anyone or anything, don't blame the company, blame The Undertaker for wanting the streak to end and/or hating the streak.

The Network performing so well last night is going to be 'good for business' long term.  While numbers were low, there are still people who don't get it, and there are people who thought last night would've been a disaster for the thing.  It wasn't, and passed with flying colors.  That's going to generate a lot of positive buzz for it, and when it finally goes live internationally, will result in more buys.  Putting more old stuff up there, particularly WCW stuff will definitely bring in more buys as well.

EDIT:  Because of the 6-month commitment, they probably come out ahead on every other PPV during that span while coming out behind on Wrestlemania.  It might be a wash, or be slightly ahead.

I think that's my favorite thing about the reaction to UT/Lesnar.

We think we're all smart as can be, but the surprise and response prove that we're still fuckin' marks.
I think it's because NO ONE saw this coming. I just watched the match a few hours ago and I couldn't believe it when the ref's hand hit the mat for the 3rd time. It was the first time that a professional wrestling outcome had truly shocked me (and everyone else, I think) in YEARS.

I'm looking forward to the completely random chants. Whose match are they going to shit all over this year, Orton again?

Well you know, the crowd is 1/7 of the people who went to WM30 and the majority are not from the US. Of course this crowd is energetic. 

FINALLY the "John Cena suuuuucks" sing along makes it to TV. I could be wrong, but despite it being around forever I don't actually remember it being on TV before.

I think it's because NO ONE saw this coming. I just watched the match a few hours ago and I couldn't believe it when the ref's hand hit the mat for the 3rd time. It was the first time that a professional wrestling outcome had truly shocked me (and everyone else, I think) in YEARS.
100% agree. But that's because we're still marks.

I kinda wish I had watched the match instead of GoT. I missed out completely on that same heart-stopping sense of shock that comes with a severe mark-out.

Good camera work on the pinfall too - we saw Taker's hand come up but couldn't tell if it was the shoulder around Brock.

So does broshirt just make it his job to get front row seats every time Brock is going to be around? He's there all the time.

PAIGE!!!

I gotta play Devil's Advocate here: that was kinda lame. Paige only gets one offensive move in in her debut match, and suddenly she's been hot-shotted the title?

That's some TNA-level booking right there.

Which only means that the next few weeks they'll destroy any good things that happened this week because it's what they do.
9sPyxUX.jpg

LOL at Heyman being the biggest heel on the show to the crowd chanting for him in the span of 2 hours.

No Taker tonight I'm assuming at this point, wonder if it's because they're not sure if he'll be doing something next year.

The eventual Cesaro vs Brock match should be neat.

Shame that Main Event is getting the Wyatts/Shield match instead of this crowd.

Once again, the post WM Raw show is better than WM.

What does this do to NXT though? Seems like they're just bringing everyone up who was considered a main eventer there except for Nevelle. Even
Sami Zayn
tweeted that they might be appearing soon (maybe even tonight?)

*edit* nm didnt notice the time. man time flies when its actually a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back