The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Just a quick question -- is Stranglehold still viable as a flip-back to GS? I saw some 360 CE's getting restickered at $16.99 today, but I didn't see the other versions, and I know it had been brought up earlier.
[/quote]

I confirmed earlier tonight that :360: Stranglehold CE is still at $14.99 (scanned).

I don't recall seeing any of these games at my local blockbusters. I would be shocked to find Earth Defense Force...who bought that game in the first place! LOL.

+ Thanks for the list IO and everyone else :)

[quote name='djkunai']Went to two stores tonight to hold all the good flips. Got like 30 games waiting for me. Also ran into a lurker CAG as well. The Ventura/Reseda store gave him a hard time (and then me after he left). Tomorrow will be fun before I head to work.[/quote]

sounds like the ventura store alright..... btw I think I met Al ;). Which store did you hold the games at aso i know to avoid it.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Wow, thanks IO!

Now we just need a list of 360 games that can be used with the coupon to send some GS cred back to Blockbuster for some serious credit laundering.[/QUOTE]

Its in the middle of post 2. Fatal Inertia, Condemned, Guitar Hero III etc are listed. What we have to do is call in the morning to see if the TIV on these games holds since BB reprices every tuesday.

[quote name='spauldingfan']sounds like the ventura store alright..... btw I think I met Al ;). Which store did you hold the games at aso i know to avoid it.[/quote]

Ventura/Reseda (which really sucks since Brandon left) and Tampa. Where'd you meet Al at?

[quote name='djkunai']Ventura/Reseda (which really sucks since Brandon left) and Tampa. Where'd you meet Al at?[/quote]

At the Glendale store by my work... off of pacific on the 134.... Pretty sure it was him cause when I traded in the games he gave me this evil eye and asked if I knew the "rules" lmao...... Seemed like a douche.

[quote name='UCLAevo']take the list of records separated by the commas (the ugly, not really human legible list), copy/paste into notepad, save as something.csv. then, open that csv file with excel (should be defaulted to excel) and you're off and running.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, I should have mentioned the .csv part as that is how I exported it for the post. I was trying to get it space-formatted fixed-font size so it looked nice in the post but CAG eliminates all extra spaces in posts. There's probably a way, but this will work. So, save it in notepad as a .csv as above. Here are the formulas that you can paste back in if you know how to do such things:

For column D: =SUM(C2,5,C2*0.1)
For column E: =IF(C2>4,SUM(C2,7.5,C2*0.1), "N/A")
For column F: = D2/(B2/2)
For column G: =IF(C2>4,E2/(B2/2),"N/A")

Paste those into row 2 and then select all the rows below and copy and paste and it changes the C2, etc automatically to whatever row it needs to be. Or at least that's how I did it.

Note that all the games are good UNLESS they drop to $1 trade-in at Gamestop which is possible for some of the lower ones and for Jumper which had a huge used price drop at GS last week or so.

[quote name='c.gibbits']And these are all 360 games just to be clear? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, as it seems they bumped up all Wii and PS3 games to $16.99.

[quote name='makstaks']Its in the middle of post 2. Fatal Inertia, Condemned, Guitar Hero III etc are listed. What we have to do is call in the morning to see if the TIV on these games holds since BB reprices every tuesday.[/QUOTE]

It looks like Condemned 2 jumped up in price so that one may not be good - once we get confirmation of the higher GS prices I'll change those in the OP. Fatal Inertia should still be good (assuming BB prices hold of course) but that one is scarce.

[quote name='UCLAevo']sweet, thanks for the list and csv, IO. so, basically, every game on that list will get a profit. in other words, as long as the game is on the list - cha ching![/QUOTE]

And, just to be clear, so no one gets mad at me - yes, they are all good [highlight]given the last GS trade-in value info we have[/highlight]. Most of those quotes are fairly recent (the last 4 weeks) but things can change quickly. If any of those drops to $1 they are ineligible for the $10 bonus and you'll end up losing money on the xfer. To be safe, you may want to avoid the $1.50-$2.25 trade-in games and Jumper until some brave soul gives us quotes tomorrow ;).

oo nice job IO. Im already eyeing stranglehold and earth defense force they have in stock. But i went to dump off my last F4's and no one seemed to know about the B1G1 sale..

Here are some other games to keep an eye on (all 360):

Monster Madness trades for $5 at GS (and I think is $14.99 at BB - not sure why I don't have it on there!)
Moto GP 06 trades for $2 (and since Moto GP 07 is $14.99 at BB, this one might be cheaper)
Blitz trades for $4 and someone here posted that but we never heard what it costs at BB

So, if you see any of these for $9.99 at BB they are definitely worth it. $14.99 is probably OK for MM and Blitz.

[quote name='io']Here are some other games to keep an eye on (all 360):

Monster Madness trades for $5 at GS (and I think is $14.99 at BB - not sure why I don't have it on there!)
Moto GP 06 trades for $2 (and since Moto GP 07 is $14.99 at BB, this one might be cheaper)
Blitz trades for $4 and someone here posted that but we never heard what it costs at BB

So, if you see any of these for $9.99 at BB they are definitely worth it. $14.99 is probably OK for MM and Blitz.[/quote]

Moto GP 06 is $9.99
Cabella's $14.99

Thanks also for the list.
Any chance you could post the list With the column for GS base trade in value? (just in case some values drop tomorrow) I'm in Mountain zone and am hoping a member in East zone will update us on some or all before I am able to call.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI for those who have OpenOffice and want to import io's list into there -

Click File >> Open
In the field type, select "Text CSV"
A dialog box should appear, press ok.

Done! Don't know how many people use it, but I had to since for some reason when I tried to open excel, it asked me to insert my Office CD.

Stopped in late to trade in a freshly received copy of FFRoSS and saw this:

BraCircle.jpg

Fortunately, the trade went well despite the fact that it was almost 11PM PST (I thought TIVs changed at midnight on the east coast:whistle2:s). Picked up a reserve for NCAA 09 (360). Needless to say, I hope to visit "Bra" Circle tomorrow morning for some good GS trade fodder.;)

so Basically for every 100 dollars worth of games we buy will net us around 180-200 GS credit, thats all fine and dandy but the problem is that with c2 and viking dropping and ive never seen a fantastic 4 ever in toyrus , theres nothing to convert it back to blockbuster to repeat. I got money so i can just pay cash at bb but i rather not..

Any Ideas???

[quote name='ShaJay']so Basically for every 100 dollars worth of games we buy will net us around 180-200 GS credit, thats all fine and dandy but the problem is that with c2 and viking dropping and ive never seen a fantastic 4 ever in toyrus , theres nothing to convert it back to blockbuster to repeat. I got money so i can just pay cash at bb but i rather not..

Any Ideas???[/quote]

Gamestop has a better selection and is harder to gain credit, BB always has a great flip while GS rarely has any flip. Stranglehold, Sonic Tennis, Fantastic 4... another game will fill the void.

[quote name='ShaJay']so Basically for every 100 dollars worth of games we buy will net us around 180-200 GS credit, thats all fine and dandy but the problem is that with c2 and viking dropping and ive never seen a fantastic 4 ever in toyrus , theres nothing to convert it back to blockbuster to repeat. I got money so i can just pay cash at bb but i rather not..

Any Ideas???[/quote]

I'm sure there are plenty of flippable games out there, they just have yet to be tested.

I got to use my 2 hours of paid time off that they owed us from Thursday, so I don't have to be into work til 12. I'm printing out both the list from the OP, and the list from the OP of the Gamestop $10 thread. I probably wont be home til 9-10 (going to a few BB's & GS's after work as well), but I'm sure I'll have plenty of TIV's for everyone looking to move their credit.

I'm on here all the time but don't post much. Had a strange time last night. I wanted to get GRID last night so I stopped at a local GS with the 25% coupon, got F4 and condemed 2. I then went to a local GR I hadnt been to in some time. I went to trade in the games and get GRID, and after scanning my card they told me there was no trade account on that card. I have used it many times at that store before. So I filled out a new trade agreement and then after scanning in the trades he tells me F4 gets $6! Strange indeed.

[quote name='rs600cubed']I'm on here all the time but don't post much. Had a strange time last night. I wanted to get GRID last night so I stopped at a local GS with the 25% coupon, got F4 and condemed 2. I then went to a local GR I hadnt been to in some time. I went to trade in the games and get GRID, and after scanning my card they told me there was no trade account on that card. I have used it many times at that store before. So I filled out a new trade agreement and then after scanning in the trades he tells me F4 gets $6! Strnage indeed.[/quote]

That is weird, I traded a F4 in for $30 yesterday, around 4PM EST

I'm going to stop in my BBV early today and try and get something. There weren't many 360 games that I saw that would be good for flipping though....I might pick up Indigo Prophecy Xbox for $3.50 though

Yes, please let us know how it goes today, guys. I'm considering whether or not to move some of my credit over to GameStop. Even with my words yesterday, it's apparent enough that there are a lot more pre-owned next-gen games at GameStop than at Blockbuster (at least, where I live), so it helps to know what's good when converting credit. ;)

Going to trade in some of my old useless games and get rid of last copies of my F4 at BBV as soon as they open to take advantage of the B1G1 today to flip over to GS. My top priority in flipping are EDF, BK, Lego, VT3. Hopefully to get enough credit for 1-2 used ps3 games =)

just 14 more minutes and i am out to the post office and then BBV right across the way...ouch my wallet hurts for the gas ill be wasting but hopefully i'll have a worthwhile trip! good luck to every other CAGer out there today!

I seriously hope I don't end up wasting BB credit on these flips but with IO's list and a little luck I should be fine. Worst comes to worst I'll just sit on the rest of my credit. I really wish someone could confirm the F4 TIV drop but I don't want to give my competition too great of a chance waiting here or calling a few places to clean the stores out.

Good luck guys.

you can always turn down the deal at Gamestop if the TIVs are lower than you expect. Then just re-apply the stickers and return the games to blockbuster.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I seriously hope I don't end up wasting BB credit on these flips but with IO's list and a little luck I should be fine. Worst comes to worst I'll just sit on the rest of my credit. I really wish someone could confirm the F4 TIV drop but I don't want to give my competition too great of a chance waiting here or calling a few places to clean the stores out.

Good luck guys.[/QUOTE]

Tried trading in F4:RoSS and they said only 6$ for it...it`ll be returned to gs but I was quite shocked they said that.

After doing some math, Sega Superstars Tennis, Condemned 2, & Viking still prove to be good flips for EB to BBV long as their BBV trade-in values hold.

All after being used with 25% off + EDGE:
Sega Superstars Tennis (29.99 x .65 = 19.50 into 25) +5.50
Condemned 2 (34.99 x .65 = 22.75 into 32) +9.25
Viking (34.99 x .65 = 22.75 into 32) +9.25

Can someone double check my logic to make sure I'm not just seeing things? While not as absurd as before, they're still in the positive transfer range.

I went into blockbuster last nite to trade in a lonely copy of Fatal Inertia. i asked the lady about the bogo and she said she didn't know for sure but something was happening with the games. I missed out on viking and condemned deal so im a bit upset about that. I at least wanted to get a copy of viking for myself and a few to trade in.

6/8 TIV at BB
:wii: FF: RoSS $20

also picked some stuff up at BB

:360:
Pirates of the caribbean
EDF(marked $9.99, receipt says $6.99
VT 3
BK(marked $14.99, receipt says $9.99)
Cars(marked $14.99, receipt says $9.99)
PSU x2(marked $14.99, receipt says $9.99)
MTR

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Why were you guys surprised that FF went down?[/quote]

We weren't but like all great things we never wanted our joy to end. ;'(

Thanks Foo for the heads up. It appears being delayed from leaving the house paid off after all. I just hope someone gets back soon so I can fucking leave. Just a little more work and I can finally get my bundle this week.

[quote name='animemaniac14']Still waiting on some confirmations for TIVs at GS before i drive my car (nearly empty tank) all over town o_O[/quote]

suck it up, be a man, hook up the CAGS that you have been leaching off of and go waste some gas money. karma

Any TIV value update on those game?
:360: Condemned 2 $26.99 (or $17.54 with 25% + Edge) (MAY have gone up at GS) -> $32
:360: Fatal Interia $24.99 (or $16.24 with 25% + Edge) -> $32
:360: Guitar Hero III $29.99 (or $19.49 with 25% + Edge) -> $28.50
:360: History Channel Battle for the Pacific $24.99 (or $16.24 with 25% + Edge) -> $25
:360: Sega Superstar Tennis $17.99 (or $12.75 with 25% + Edge) (MAY have gone up at GS) -> $25
:360: Viking $26.99 (or $17.54 with 25% + Edge) (MAY have gone up at GS) -> $32
:360: World Championship Poker All In ($5.84 with 25% + Edge) -> maybe $12 (not confirmed)

:wii: Fantastic Four RoSS $17.99 ($16.19 with Edge) -> $30 (note, this WILL drop on Tuesday, July 8th)---- i read someone said it is now $6

:ps3: Harry Potter OotP $9.99 new -> $16 (this is part of the GameDays sale at GS so look in the bins for it)

i also know the price of viking, com2 and SST went up too.

OK.... just called a store a bit further away from me where I saw some stuff I wanted... CONFIRMED the B1G1 free is on, and that it's all 360 titles!!!

Just left BB, deal is on, but not auto ringing in the register. The lady put my 30+ games on hold and says she will call when the system is ready. She called tech support right in front of me. Anybody have any luck?

[quote name='monkeydeew']suck it up, be a man, hook up the CAGS that you have been leaching off of and go waste some gas money. karma[/quote]

I am a man and would be more than happy to "hook up" the CAGs...tho im not sure how i accumulate "bad karma" (or good karma?) for wasting gas money?

OK MY EXPERIENCES ABOUT THIS BUY ONE GET ONE

1st. When i tried buying the games , each blockbuster had to manually put it in.For some reason none of them know what there doing and wasnt sure if they had to scan a coupon or not.

2nd. ALOT of the values of gamestop went down today. Seems like everything is dropping which is both a good and bad thing. Good thing that games will be cheaper so we can exploit the trade in at bb. bad thing is games are dropping the middle of active deals.

3rd. heres A EXAMPLE OF WHAT I MEAN

these are Trade i values at Gamestop

Lego Star Wars - 11.60
Conan - 10.50
Beautiful Kat - 11.60
Armored core - 12.70
Lost planet - 10.50
Jumper - 7.20
Call of juarez - 10.50
Juiced 2 - 11.60
Golden compass - 9.40
All pro football 2k8 - 7.20
Pirates of car - 9.40

Going to out again just wanted to stop by and report my findings....

Most of the 14.99 games are rarely breaking 10 dollars.

got

TMNT
Conan
Sega Rally
PSU
Juiced 2
Spiderman FoF

total cost at BBV = ~50
Credit at GS = ~64 (all but juiced(6) worth 5 bucks plus the 10 and edge)

paid off Civilization

all that for a cost of 8 bucks for 2 Fantastic Four on Wii at TRU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Blockbuster was not aware of the B1G1...oh well, not a big deal. I really didn't want to flip much from one store to another. I still might though, will have to hit up another one.

Just got back from GS. I traded the stuff in which I bought at BB earlier for $39.96

TIV at GS with $5 bonus and Edge
Pirates of the caribbean $9.40
EDF $10.50
VT 3 $11.60
BK $11.60
Cars $8.30
PSU x2 $10.50
MTR $9.40

Came out with $81.80 at GS. I was going to pick up some other games at a BBV close by, but theres nothing worthy of flipping back now with condemned 2 and Viking at regular price.

I called my GR and they said that they don't have Civilization Revoultion for the 360. Will they get it Friday, or will they not be selling this game? They never got DBZ Burst Limit to sell or rent, so it seems possible.

[quote name='doubledown']My Blockbuster was not aware of the B1G1...oh well, not a big deal. I really didn't want to flip much from one store to another. I still might though, will have to hit up another one.[/quote]

Just because the employees are incompetent, does not mean that the sale is not in the system. All you have to do is take two 14.99 and under games up and have them ring them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back