The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, it was most likely a rental - the majority of the used games they sell are former rentals and not trade-ins. But yeah, they should have defected that out in either case - though with the former rental it may just be that it got put with all the others and whoever grabbed it for you didn't look at it.

And yeah, you might as well try to get it exchanged. What else can you do?

[quote name='IronZombie']Ok.. I have a HUGE problem. During the last B1G1 sale on the 4th of July I bought a used copy of AC Brotherhood and I admittedly did not check the disc quality as I was in a hurry. I let the game just kind of sit in my shelf for a while since I had a huge backlog but today I suddenly open up the game to play it and notice a HUGE circular scratch around the disc. It looks as if whoever had it before they traded it in had their Xbox just dig into that thing while it was spinning and BBV took their trade in without even realizing it.

So I put the game in my 360 hoping it still works and I get as far as the start screen before the system tells me it can't read the disc and takes me back to the dashboard. I tried wiping it with a soft cloth.. nothing. Would I still be able to go back to BBV and get a different copy? I don't think I have the receipt anymore but the game case does have the BBV price sticker on it and I'm hoping it'll be the same guy on register that's always there.. but I'm still uncertain. UGH! What do you guys think is my best option here? Would they still exchange my copy?[/QUOTE]
The best option would have been to fully check the game before even leaving the store, no matter how much of a rush you were in.:razz::booty: As for allowing an exchange without a receipt, I sincerely doubt it.

I've taken to stacking all of my current receipts up on my dresser in a neat lil pile and ask the return period expires on each THEN I throw them away. Either that or I leave the game/cd/dvd in the bag I bought it in and leave the receipt right in there with it.

Good luck either way, but your best shot would be if you at least still had the receipt.

Does anybody know when the next buy 1 get 1 free sale is going to take place? I would assume black friday would be the next best guess?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The best option would have been to fully check the game before even leaving the store, no matter how much of a rush you were in.:razz::booty: As for allowing an exchange without a receipt, I sincerely doubt it.

I've taken to stacking all of my current receipts up on my dresser in a neat lil pile and ask the return period expires on each THEN I throw them away. Either that or I leave the game/cd/dvd in the bag I bought it in and leave the receipt right in there with it.

Good luck either way, but your best shot would be if you at least still had the receipt.[/QUOTE]
Wow.. thanks for that douchy remark, I had no idea I should have checked the freakin game before leaving :roll: /sarcasm.

Seriously though.. I hope they do take it back. It's not like they can accuse me of lying especially if it's the same guy there who sold it to me plus the BBV stickers are still on the case.

I'm gonna check tomorrow if I have the receipt but I'm seriously doubting it. Either way would it be too late to exchange it? What's their policy with the timing on that?

[quote name='io']First off, it was most likely a rental - the majority of the used games they sell are former rentals and not trade-ins. But yeah, they should have defected that out in either case - though with the former rental it may just be that it got put with all the others and whoever grabbed it for you didn't look at it.

And yeah, you might as well try to get it exchanged. What else can you do?[/QUOTE]
I had no idea they sold rentals.. I remember asking them if they'd be willing to sell me a rental copy of Mafia II during the sale and they said no so I figured they would just be separate copies.

Either way they screwed up keeping a damaged disc on hand and even more so by selling it to a customer. The guy should have checked the disc before selling it to me. I guess there's nothing else I can do but try to get it exchanged. Hopefully they're cool about it and own up to their mistake.

[quote name='IronZombie']Wow.. thanks for that douchy remark, I had no idea I should have checked the freakin game before leaving :roll: /sarcasm.

Seriously though.. I hope they do take it back. It's not like they can accuse me of lying especially if it's the same guy there who sold it to me plus the BBV stickers are still on the case.

I'm gonna check tomorrow if I have the receipt but I'm seriously doubting it. Either way would it be too late to exchange it? What's their policy with the timing on that?[/QUOTE]

You ALWAYS check any used games you buy. I bought Ninja Gaiden II from them and checked the disc after I paid. It had a giant circular scratch, so I wasn't surprised when my xbox wouldn't read it.

They have a 30 day warranty on their games. If you have the receipt you should be fine. I returned 3 games I bought there.

[quote name='IronZombie']Wow.. thanks for that douchy remark, I had no idea I should have checked the freakin game before leaving :roll: /sarcasm.

I'm gonna check tomorrow if I have the receipt but I'm seriously doubting it. Either way would it be too late to exchange it? What's their policy with the timing on that?[/QUOTE]
It wasn't meant to be a douchey comment, but I find that far too many on CAG take words on a screen so fuckin' personal. Calm down, it's only a message board. There are more important things in life...like checking the shit you're buying.:booty:

And yes, I'm trying to joke around to lighten the mood a bit. Now go smoke a blunt n relax before you have a heart attack.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. It was common sense, but I mean what is really so important that you had to run in and right back out without taking the five seconds it takes to check a disc?

Believe me, when I first started hitting the BOGO sales I only sporadically checked stuff and I got super lucky that I never got a dud . Anymore I pore over the discs and tilt em every which way under the light, hold em up to the light and so on. It may be anal retentive and take longer than a couple seconds, but it beats having to trek all the way back to the store, especially with Blockbuster's policy still being that you HAVE to go back to the original store to return defective shit.:roll:

Are completely sure about that? I returned games to different stores without any hassle.

Here's the corporate return policy, where to find it and I highlighted some sections that may be of interest to you.

http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/membership/membershipTerms#15

Refund and Return Policy:

BLOCKBUSTER will refund your purchase of any new merchandise appearing in its unopened original packaging returned within 30 days. Your original receipt is required for all returns and exchanges.

All returns and exchanges must be in original condition and include all accessories.

Non-returnable items include (without limitation) consumable items such as food and drink, BLOCKBUSTER GiftCards®, third party gift cards, pre-paid cards or other types of third party cards and items that are damaged or abused.

Game hardware and accessories, cameras, cellular phones, consumer electronics and demo products that have been opened are eligible for a refund if returned within 14 days of purchase in their original packaging with all components and manuals. After 14 days, these items can only be exchanged for an identical item within 30 days of purchase, provided you have the original receipt and only at the original store of purchase.

Opened movies, games and music cannot be returned for a refund but can be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase, provided you have the original receipt and only at the original store of purchase.

An in-store merchandise credit will be given if the identical item is unavailable for any of the electronics and media products listed above (and any other similar products that BLOCKBUSTER may sell from time to time).

Notwithstanding the foregoing, BLOCKBUSTER will refund the purchase price of any electronics or new or open media items (i.e., movies, games and music) that are defective or mislabeled that are returned within 30 days, provided you have the original receipt. If you do not have the original receipt, or if the 30-day period following the original purchase date has expired, any defective or mislabeled movies or games must be returned directly to the manufacturer.

Any refunds will be in the same form as the original purchase. For example, refunds for purchases made with a credit or check card will be credited back to the same card. Refunds for purchases made by check or cash will be given in cash. Cash refunds that exceed $500 will be credited back to either a credit or check card if cash balance is not available at the store. Please allow 7 business days to process refunds for payment made by check. Refunds for purchases made with a BLOCKBUSTER GiftCard or BLOCKBUSTER ValueCard will be credited to the same card or to a new card.

This Refund and Return Policy is not applicable to products/services specifically marked with a different return policy in the sole discretion of Blockbuster LLC Additionally, items purchased through www.blockbuster.com may not be returned to a BLOCKBUSTER store
[quote name='PlowK1NG']Are completely sure about that? I returned games to different stores without any hassle.[/QUOTE]
See above as I quoted the return policy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well now you know
and knowing is half the battle;)

Seriously though, I didn't mean to come across as a douche, but I see this sort of thing popping up far too often on here anymore. People seem to be in such a hurry anymore and then they blame the store for selling them something that they could've simply declined buying had they just checked it first.

When you go to a car dealership, do you take a car for a test drive? Of course you do and those test drives likely take longer than checking a game disc. So again, five seconds almost two weeks ago would have saved you a return trip to the store that'll likely take you longer than you'd like as you try to explain why it took so long for you to come back with the defective game and how you lost the receipt in two weeks.

But if you paid with a credit card, they may be able to look it up that way and have proof and not need a receipt.

That's what I've always been told, so unless policy has changed recently I'm pretty sure that's still the standard.

And btw, I thought I nuked that post quick enough that no one would quote it.:lol:

Either way, I get a kick outta the fact that so many call me a 'douche' when all I say to them is really just stuff that is common sense and something they themselves should know really.[/QUOTE]

Well I understand you should check stuff out especially when it's used but I feel like there's a difference between checking a used car (that you're spending thousands on) and checking a used game that you're spending 20 bucks on. Plus I had like a stack of 8 other games I don't make it a habit to comb over every fine detail while waiting.

In my opinion I think regardless of the fact that I screwed up on the checking it out part, I honestly think it's their job to make sure they're not selling broken merchandise. I remember one day GameStop gave me a scratched-to-hell disc and I went in the next day asking to get it exchanged and they apologized profusely. All I'm saying is that it's one thing to sell a used game and it's another to expect your customer to scan it with a blacklight and perform a background check on its prior arrest history. It's up to the shop to keep their games in good condition.

[quote name='PlowK1NG'][quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. It was common sense, but I mean what is really so important that you had to run in and right back out without taking the five seconds it takes to check a disc?

Believe me, when I first started hitting the BOGO sales I only sporadically checked stuff and I got super lucky that I never got a dud . Anymore I pore over the discs and tilt em every which way under the light, hold em up to the light and so on. It may be anal retentive and take longer than a couple seconds, but it beats having to trek all the way back to the store, especially with Blockbuster's policy still being that you HAVE to go back to the original store to return defective shit.:roll:

Are completely sure about that? I returned games to different stores without any hassle.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much that I couldn't take 5 seconds to check it, it's more of the fact that my mind wasn't even on it. I wasn't expecting this. I know I should've checked but I just didn't think the guy would screw me over. In the past when I've bought stuff at that particular store (and it's always been the same guy selling it to me) he's checked the discs himself and made sure they were in good condition. I assumed he would do that and let him do his thing.

I'm gonna try and go back tomorrow but I'm a little bit worried they'll say I need the receipt or whatever. I'm a little PO'ed by the whole thing to be honest. I expect the game to be at least in playable condition when I purchase it..

[quote name='IronZombie']I remember one day GameStop gave me a scratched-to-hell disc and I went in the next day asking to get it exchanged and they apologized profusely. All I'm saying is that it's one thing to sell a used game and it's another to expect your customer to scan it with a blacklight and perform a background check on its prior arrest history. It's up to the shop to keep their games in good condition.[/quote]
But see, some employees just treat working at as a job and a mundane one at that. Far too many folks are ok with just coasting by in life and they don't give one whit about what they're selling to other folks.

As for the GS experience, that's kinda rare as the folks here at some of the GS stores woulda likely apologized but then sold that game back to another customer and hoped they wouldn't give a crap.
It's not so much that I couldn't take 5 seconds to check it, it's more of the fact that my mind wasn't even on it. I wasn't expecting this. I know I should've checked but I just didn't think the guy would screw me over. In the past when I've bought stuff at that particular store (and it's always been the same guy selling it to me) he's checked the discs himself and made sure they were in good condition. I assumed he would do that and let him do his thing.

I'm gonna try and go back tomorrow but I'm a little bit worried they'll say I need the receipt or whatever. I'm a little PO'ed by the whole thing to be honest. I expect the game to be at least in playable condition when I purchase it..
What were you doing when he was scanning the games though? Were you watching him scan them? If so, then you most likely noticed he didn't check them. Either way I never rely on the employees to check stuff I'm buying used anymore. The only time I did so was at a Gamestop store and when I went to check it when I got in the car it looked like someone had gotten the bottom of the disc wet and then thrown it in a pile of sawdust and allowed that to dry on there.

I immediately went back to the store and complained. The guy then proceeded to Windex the disc and cleaned the gunk off it. That was the LAST time I relied on an employee to check my shit before I buy it. Now, even if there's a line 10 people long behind me I'll stand there and nitpick every speck of dust on a game disc and run my finger over scratches on a disc to make sure they're only on the surface at most.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']The final round of closings are happening now as dish has decided to keep 1550 of the 1700 stores that were left. No closing deals at the stores as they are shipping stuff out and closing immediately. So whatever stores are left in the next week or 2 are "safe" I guess til their lease is up.[/QUOTE]Sadly, a friend at work told me the store across the street from my place is closing this weekend. I stopped by to check it out and everything was already boxed up. Then I saw a sign on the door which said "Good news! We resolved our issues with our lease and will be reopening soon" Bizarre, but good. Would really miss it as the next closest BBs aren't convenient for me.

[quote name='Jordan1080']So what if I rented a movie and the store closed?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Free movie![/QUOTE]It's a little different situation, but after Hollywood closed a bunch of people got letters months later stating they owed payment for unreturned movies and games. The costs were ridiculous as it was the rental cost, late fees, interest I think and then a purchase cost (I think it was $80 for a game) so one guy who called Clark Howard said his bill was in the $200s or upper $100s for Ninja Gaiden 2 which it turned out his son had returned. Obviously, there were severe issues with the company which had taken over HW's assets and their dubious billing, but it seems Blockbuster would be able to come after you to some degree for a replacement cost of the movie according to CH

[quote name='IronZombie']I had no idea they sold rentals.. I remember asking them if they'd be willing to sell me a rental copy of Mafia II during the sale and they said no so I figured they would just be separate copies.

Either way they screwed up keeping a damaged disc on hand and even more so by selling it to a customer. The guy should have checked the disc before selling it to me. I guess there's nothing else I can do but try to get it exchanged. Hopefully they're cool about it and own up to their mistake.[/QUOTE]What he really meant is that most of the games they sell were rentals and then when they didn't need so many copies they were converted to used games for sale. Although some people have been successful when asking to buy actual rental games. Sometimes a manager will convert it or a sale.

Well that's great that you do that, but that doesn't exactly help me now lol.

And would've could've should've aside, I still think the store has to maintain some sort of credibility on their part in terms of what they sell to customers. Most stores like GS nitpick at every piece of scratch on a disc when trading something in, so there's no way the BBV should've accepted such a useless disc.

It's like io said, it was probably a rented out one. In which case the employee needs to check it. They're the ones who handle the merchandise when selling it to you, merchandise that is behind the counter in a locked drawer. They don't normally show you the disc, they just take it out of the pack and stick it in the game box and close it up and give it to you.

Yeah, you're right, some employees do coast by on life not giving a crap, but that doesn't mean it's up to the customer to intently watch every single disc and inspect specs of dust on it with a diamond viewer.

[quote name='IronZombie']Well that's great that you do that, but that doesn't exactly help me now lol.

And would've could've should've aside, I still think the store has to maintain some sort of credibility on their part in terms of what they sell to customers. Most stores like GS nitpick at every piece of scratch on a disc when trading something in, so there's no way the BBV should've accepted such a useless disc.

It's like io said, it was probably a rented out one. In which case the employee needs to check it. They're the ones who handle the merchandise when selling it to you, merchandise that is behind the counter in a locked drawer. They don't normally show you the disc, they just take it out of the pack and stick it in the game box and close it up and give it to you.

Yeah, you're right, some employees do coast by on life not giving a crap, but that doesn't mean it's up to the customer to intently watch every single disc and inspect specs of dust on it with a diamond viewer.[/QUOTE]
You know how they inspect the games when folks return them from rentals at the local BBV stores? They open the case to make sure they're in there, scan the barcode on the front to check it back in and then put it on the returns cart to restock it.

As for nitpicking scratches, only one or two GS stores in my area ever did that and those were run at the time by the local DM's biggest kiss asses who wanted to help the store make more money by getting extra refurb fees. One time they literally tried to charge me a refurb fee on an Xbox game I had just opened to trade in 30 seconds earlier. The disc/case/artwork/manual were SPOTLESS.

I took my game back and told them to go fuck themselves and walked out with my shit.

But expecting an employee to check shit FOR you is still really kinda lazy and kinda dumb considering that one persons' idea of 'mint' may vary from another persons'. That's why you should always check your own stuff.

I'm not saying they need to check stuff FOR me, I'm saying it's not up to me as a customer to keep the store on their toes as so to speak. I'm there purchasing something FROM them. It's up to them to have a certain standard of quality to the stuff they sell. I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in their fine print that ALL of their new and used games/dvds/whatever are guaranteed to work. In my case, the game doesn't work. It's not my fault.

Read that again: It's not my fault. A lot of CAGers here (actually, mostly just you) are telling me it's my fault for not checking the quality. I admit, I screwed up by not checking it the SECOND it was given to me. I guess I just had some kind of a brain fart and went "oh well time to go now.. DUHHH" and didn't think about it. But that doesn't mean it's my fault that I'm now stuck with a dud. It's the store's fault for not having an employee check the game when putting it in their stock drawer.

I've traded in plenty of games and had many different people in different stores look over the scratches and stuff. Nowhere near the level you described, but still they do try to take clean games only and I would have assumed BBV would have checked their shit out before blatantly selling it.

sure its not your fault the game doesnt work but it is your fault for not keeping the receipt. you'll probably get them to swap it out for you but without the receipt they're not obligated to. dish or i guess bbv #1 motto now is "take care of the customer"

employees almost never check the conditon of a game unless someone specifically asks them to. we just check in the game and file it away like IATCG metioned.

Alright well thanks. In reference to the receipt.. I probably have it lying around the house somewhere but even that's iffy because my dad likes to throw things like that away if he sees it just lying around. I'm hoping (especially since the guy knows me) he'll just remember he sold me the game and switch it out regardless of the receipt.

Anyway thanks. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Only price drop this week

:ps3:

MVC 3 $29.99

No blu ray drops[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the updates, this is one of my favorite threads now.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey hb, haven't been on this thread in a while. Has shattered demensions droped yet ?[/QUOTE]
Last time I was at the store it was still 20$ so doubtful unless it drops next week. I think MVC3 was the only thing that dropped this week.

Ok so, Im at Best Buy ready to trade in Battlefield Bad Company 2 along with the rest of my previous BBV B1G1 free games. I guess I never checked the disc in the case even tho I opened the case before. What do I see? A disc for Homefront. I guess that is kinda cool cause Homefront should be worth more (even tho at Target it was like $10 TIV, but it would be $27 at BB while BC2 would have gotten me $10 at BB).

[quote name='dys006']They need better marketing. The BBV left near me are now same price and pricing model as Redbox, but I never see anything telling people this.

And at least around here, if the rent is too high, they need to renegotiate or something. Every single one that's now closed are still just vacant storefronts.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately most commercial space landlords don't re-negotiate anything and if you are an existing tenant they will up your rent as soon as your lease is up for renewal. Since it is hard and expensive to move a store the landlords know they have the tenant over the barrel. Contrary to common sense they would rather the space be vacant or rent it to someone for less money than the original tenant. The landlord for my store (not BB) raised the rent by 50% when the lease was up then wanted a 100% increase for renewal at the worst point of the economic downturn. Had to close the store after 13 years in the same location. Had 5 different landlords in those years. The first and last were the worst. When the last one bought the shopping center it was 100% leased. Now it's at about 30%.

[quote name='Tropicat']Contrary to common sense they would rather the space be vacant or rent it to someone for less money than the original tenant.[/QUOTE]

Why?

[quote name='IronZombie']Last time I was at the store it was still 20$ so doubtful unless it drops next week. I think MVC3 was the only thing that dropped this week.[/QUOTE]

Ah darn it. This game and bulletstorm are the only games my blockbuster has that I want right now

[quote name='strait edge follower']Ah darn it. This game and bulletstorm are the only games my blockbuster has that I want right now[/QUOTE]
I hear ya.. it's one of those games I wouldn't mind playing and my store has about 7 or 8 copies just lying around right now. Hopefully the next B1G1 sees the game at 15$ or lower so I can grab it. :bouncy:

[quote name='Tropicat']Contrary to common sense they would rather the space be vacant or rent it to someone for less money than the original tenant.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']Why?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Sometimes I think it is because they are stubborn and think they will get their way and existing tenant will pay the increase. Other reasons might be if there is space not leased their mortgage gets reduced, it might be a tax write off or they are looking for strong retail chain stores.

^^ Aren't there certain laws against rent hikes? I would think the government would step in and say "wooooaaahhh there buddy..." when they try to increase rent by more than 50%. That's a little ludicrous.

Price drops effective mon 7/25

:ps3:
Dead space 2 $24.99
Dragon age 2 $29.99
Enslaved $14.99
F1 2010 $24.99
Gran turismo 5 $39.99
Guitar hero van halen $6.99
James bond bloodstone $14.99
Madden 11 $19.99
Medal of honor $9.99
Mindjack $14.99
MLB 11 the show $39.99
Test drive unlimited 2 $19.99
Tron evolution $14.99
Wwe smackdown vs raw 2011 $24.99
move start the party $19.99
Move the fight lights out $19.99

:360:
Dead space 2 24.99
Dragon age 2 $29.99
Fight night champions $39.99
Guitar hero van halen $6.99
James bond bloodstone $14.99
Madden 11 $19.99
Mindjack $14.99
Shift 2 unleashed $29.99
Tron evolution $14.99
Wwe smackdown vs raw 2011 $24.99

:wii:
Disney epic mickey $19.99
Donkey kong country $24.99
Guitar hero warriors $19.99
James bond 007 goldeneye $14.99
Kirby epic yarn $19.99
Madden 11 $14.99
Monopoly street $19.99
Raving rabbids travel in time $14.99
Spiderman shattered dimensions $14.99
Wwe smackdown vs raw 2011 $19.99

No blu ray drops.

Decent drops, thanks for the update HB!

Mindjack worth $15? The drops that interest me most are that, James Bond Bloodstone, and Tron Evolution, but I can probably wait until all of those hit the $10 point.

[quote name='IronZombie']^^ Aren't there certain laws against rent hikes? I would think the government would step in and say "wooooaaahhh there buddy..." when they try to increase rent by more than 50%. That's a little ludicrous.[/QUOTE]

No, not for commercial space. They can raise or charge whatever they want. The market will dictate how much they can. That's why the shopping center my store was in is only 30% occupied. Greedy landlords.

So on Wednesday, my Father-in-law went to Blockbuster to return some movies, and everything was as usual. It's a pretty busy store. I was there buying stuff during the last B1G1. I drove by it last night, and it was gone. No closing sale, nothing. The sign was gone, the lights were out, and the building was empty. Poof, gone. That seems kind of odd. It just disappeared in 2 days.

[quote name='mightymek']So on Wednesday, my Father-in-law went to Blockbuster to return some movies, and everything was as usual. It's a pretty busy store. I was there buying stuff during the last B1G1. I drove by it last night, and it was gone. No closing sale, nothing. The sign was gone, the lights were out, and the building was empty. Poof, gone. That seems kind of odd. It just disappeared in 2 days.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure when they closed, but one of the stores by me(Dunmore, PA) was completely shut down when I drove by it just a bit earlier.

I wonder if the employees at that store who have been shifted from at least 2-3 closing stores already are finally outta a job or not.

Moreover, I wonder if any of the other local ones closed. I certainly hope not, since I have one less than 5 blocks from my house and another one I hit up heavily during the last BOGO(prior to the last one) and the general merch. clearance. Both had some really good stuff during the clearance, but I didn't bother with em during the BOGO due to not being in the area for it.

[quote name='mightymek']So on Wednesday, my Father-in-law went to Blockbuster to return some movies, and everything was as usual. It's a pretty busy store. I was there buying stuff during the last B1G1. I drove by it last night, and it was gone. No closing sale, nothing. The sign was gone, the lights were out, and the building was empty. Poof, gone. That seems kind of odd. It just disappeared in 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Same here!!!

I asked during a B1G1 sale from late May if the store was suppose to close and they told me NO...

[quote name='aznhero913']Same here!!!

I asked during a B1G1 sale from late May if the store was suppose to close and they told me NO...[/QUOTE]Which location fellow ATLien?

Yup the same thing happened at a location here in milwaukee. Just up and disappeared. I drove past it, was out of town for a day, saw it again, and it was EMPTY.

Not like, signs up and lights off - EMPTY. They didn't do a closing sale or anything. thought that was weird until i read the thread.

This sucks =/, the Blockbuster right down the street closed down (Within a weeks period, no closing sales or anything).

That just leaves 2 stores in about a 30 mile radius =/

I'm hoping the only remaining Blockbuster within a 75 mile radius doesn't close down. I can't imagine it gets much business, but I hope I'm horribly, horribly wrong.

I really hope the one about fives minutes from my place stays open. It would be cool also if there are several price drops between now and the next B1G1.

[quote name='Tropicat']No, not for commercial space. They can raise or charge whatever they want. The market will dictate how much they can. That's why the shopping center my store was in is only 30% occupied. Greedy landlords.[/QUOTE]

It's SUPPOSED to dictate how much they can. Unfortunately it rarely works that way, as is evident by all the vacant stores.

I guess I'm lucky because I have 2 blockbusters less than 5 miles away from my house. The thing is I'm moving to Houston next week and I hope they have atleast one blockbuster near my house.

bread's done
Back