The BLUE DRAGON Thread!

[quote name='jer7583']I think this game is going to drop like a rock in price.. I'd love to play it after the holiday blitzkrieg, or fiend on it for a few days around christmas for $40. Is the voice acting really that bad?[/QUOTE]

It may drop in price, but keep in mind this is a RPG. The 360 doesn't have many RPG's so there isn't much market to drop in price. The chances of this dropping in price are low, but it might go on sale for $50 here and there (and it already has, through Family Video I got mine pre-ordered for $45ish). Enchanted Arms took forever to drop, and It was a friggin' UBISOFT product. How many Ubisoft products dont' drop in price within the first few months? How about a year? Oh and this is a RPG. Point taken. It will be atleast March of next year before this sees a permanent price drop of $40 or less unless Microsoft is stupid (which at times they are).

The voice acting is acceptable as soon as you realize your entire team are kiddies. They shouldn't talk like grownups or have too much maturity. They are kids.

[quote name='jer7583']I think this game is going to drop like a rock in price.. I'd love to play it after the holiday blitzkrieg, or fiend on it for a few days around christmas for $40. Is the voice acting really that bad?[/QUOTE]

Marumaro is annoying as hell, and Shu can be a bit aggravating at times, but otherwise, it's got a decent voice cast. Kluke and Jiro are both quite good, and I know I've picked up a few voices from various anime dubs thrown into the mix.

I agree, Marumaro's voice is really annoying in this game.

I've sunk almost 40 hours into this game so far and I have maybe one sidequest left to do according to my map.

I'm pretty close to getting my first Level 99 on my shadow classes, so I'll be spending a lot of time on that. It also looks like the game has an HP cap. I've already hit 999 on my entire party (Level 58+) and it stopped increasing when I recently leveled up.

Also I think I'll dump a bunch of hours into finding those 'legendary' creatures that the achievement list mentions.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Is the Blue Dragon Faceplate being sold by itself on import sites and eBay the same one that came with the Japanese 360 bundle?[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks like it.

Xbox 360 Blue Dragon/Japanese Bundle (Pic)
http://image1.play-asia.com/640/PA.75870.003.jpg

Blue Dragon Faceplate (Pic)
http://image4.play-asia.com/640/PA.82159.001.jpg

I really want to pick up the faceplate, but I really don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

So I beat Blue Dragon after putting nearly 45 hours into it. Great game and I really enjoyed the final battles/ending. The last dungeon got a little tedious though. I think the game deserved a 7-8 rating for the reasons that Callandor mentioned a handful of posts ago. Nothing really revolutionary/evolutionary but solid nonetheless.

I probably will be pouring even more hours into this game trying to get at least one class of shadows to 99. Also I'm sure (as I mentioned many times before) that I will try and get my entire party up to 99 and find some of the 'legendary' monsters.

I finally got my entire party leveled up to 99 :)

I also got at least one of their shadow classes up to 99 as well.

Anyone else still playing this game?

[quote name='asianxcore']I finally got my entire party leveled up to 99 :)

Anyone else still playing this game?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to start in a few days. How long did that take you?

[quote name='io']I'm going to start in a few days. How long did that take you?[/QUOTE]

About 54-55 hours. I did most of my leveling up during the beginning and final portions of the game. I also did a large chunk of it once I beat the main quest.

[quote name='asianxcore']I finally got my entire party leveled up to 99 :)

Anyone else still playing this game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my next part is
the 60 minute race through Nene's fortress.

And I won't be able to get the item log achievement; I missed my one chance at a shield ring. :bomb:

[quote name='Callandor']
And I won't be able to get the item log achievement; I missed my one chance at a shield ring. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I was originally going to try for that achievement but it seemed like too much to remember during my first run through.

So I'm extremely annoyed. According to the Fortune Teller at Lal Mountains I have unlocked all the barriers in the game. Guess what......no achievement.

What the hell.

[quote name='asianxcore']I was originally going to try for that achievement but it seemed like too much to remember during my first run through.

So I'm extremely annoyed. According to the Fortune Teller at Lal Mountains I have unlocked all the barriers in the game. Guess what......no achievement.

What the hell.[/QUOTE]

Including the black ones? It includes all the non-chest barriers, as well.

[quote name='asianxcore']I was originally going to try for that achievement but it seemed like too much to remember during my first run through.

What the hell.[/QUOTE]
She doesn't keep track of wall and door barriers, so you have to find and keep track of them yourself.

Taken from my post on another board:

There are six blue ones:

1 in Ancient Ruins Caverns
1 in Ancient Hospital Ruins (second floor)
1 in Underground River
1 in Mecha Base (second floor)
2 in Upper Mecha Base (both are on the second floor as well)

Three red ones:
1 in Glu Mountains
1 in Upper Mecha Base (second floor again)

One green one in the Forest of the Dead.

Six white ones:
2 in Ancient Hospital Ruins (first floor and third floor)
1 in Underground Paches Town
2 in Upper Mecha Base (on second floor)

And finally 6 black ones.

1 in Ancient Factory
1 in Kelaso Village
2 in Sea Cube (1 in the third floor and the other in the Deep Area/final floor)
and the final two are in the first and second floors of the Primitive Cube.

[quote name='vashknives114']She doesn't keep track of wall and door barriers, so you have to find and keep track of them yourself.

Taken from my post on another board:

There are six blue ones:

1 in Ancient Ruins Caverns
1 in Ancient Hospital Ruins (second floor)
1 in Underground River
2 in Upper Mecha Base (both are on the second floor as well)

Three red ones:
1 in Glu Mountains
1 in Upper Mecha Base (second floor again)

One green one in the Forest of the Dead.

Six white ones:
2 in Ancient Hospital Ruins (first floor and third floor)
1 in Underground Paches Town
2 in Upper Mecha Base (on second floor)

And finally 6 black ones.

1 in Ancient Factory
1 in Kelaso Village
2 in Sea Cube (1 in the third floor and the other in the Deep Area/final floor)
and the final two are in the first and second floors of the Primitive Cube.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch for that.

I didn't know she didn't keep track of wall/door barriers. I'm going to take a short break from this game (put 60 hours in so far) and start looking at ones I've missed.

Here's hoping I didn't miss any in the
Primitive Cube
. I really really don't want to go through that level again.

[quote name='asianxcore']
Here's hoping I didn't miss any in the
Primitive Cube
. I really really don't want to go through that level again.[/QUOTE]
Check your item log book. If you have #244
Himiko's Necklace
and #274
Himiko's Earring
then you broke both barriers in there.

If you don't have either one, or one but not the other you either missed the barrier, or didn't pick up the treasure behind them.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Picked up this game yesterday, will be playing it soon. Hope its really good :D[/QUOTE]

I hope you like it! P.S...Heroes is an amazing show.

Also about the barriers, it's weird that the fortune teller doesn't keep track of wall/door barriers.

The only reason why I think that is because I was going back and forth between searching/de-activating them and the Lal Mountains.

At many points I'd have 3-4 of one color and after de-activating a colored door/wall I found, the count at the fortune teller would go down.

been playing this for 2 weeks logged 20 hrs already Disc 2....im loving it..i dont know why it got all the hate...the game reminds me of Final Fantasy 1 and Chronotrigger alike..the graphics are amazing as for landscapes and such...
purchased mine on ebay for 47 shipped.. i think i got a steal on this..

[quote name='asianxcore']I hope you like it! P.S...Heroes is an amazing show.
[/quote]

And I am. Today I played for 4.5 hours straight (an insane milestone for me) while chatting with Chac who was playing MP3...Anyway, I got pretty far.
Current Time Clocked in: 8hrs 01min 03sec.

When the heck do you get the encyclopedia/log thing? Also, when do you start breaking barriers.
Oh yeah, I just got into the Forest Of The Dead.

I'm nearing the end of disc 2 with about 40 hours logged so far.

The reviews for this game are a bit unfair and the demo is definitely not representative of the full game. It's very reminiscent of Dragon Quest VIII so if you liked that or classic turn based RPGs, then you will enjoy this game.

[quote name='Azumangaman']
When the heck do you get the encyclopedia/log thing? Also, when do you start breaking barriers[/QUOTE]

I forget where you get the log, but I know I got it during the storyline.

As far as the barrier devices, you'll get most of them on your main quest. If you want ALL of the colored devices, you'll have to go through the side quests to get them.

The side quests were fun, I don't regret going through them.

I put in about 4 hours last night to start it off. Very fun so far, though I haven't done too much. I was also wondering about the barrier breakage stuff. I've found several blue and now a green barrier. I guess there will be a lot of backtracking once I am able to get these.

I got wiped out by a "lazy bear" who hits multiple times for 50 damage each. My chars have about 50 HP right now :lol:. He was guarding a path and I thought I'd try getting past him to a treasure chest. In that way, the game does remind me of DQ VIII (with the special monsters that you could see on the map and if you take them on too early you get wiped out). I'm assuming that if I wait a bit and come back to him he'll be a pushover.

I have no clue what to do with shadow classes. I switched Jiro to the "barrier" class as I thought maybe that had something to do with getting past the colored barriers. That's probably wrong, but I'll stick with it anyway.

[quote name='io']I put in about 4 hours last night to start it off. Very fun so far, though I haven't done too much. I was also wondering about the barrier breakage stuff. I've found several blue and now a green barrier. I guess there will be a lot of backtracking once I am able to get these.

I got wiped out by a "lazy bear" who hits multiple times for 50 damage each. My chars have about 50 HP right now :lol:. He was guarding a path and I thought I'd try getting past him to a treasure chest. In that way, the game does remind me of DQ VIII (with the special monsters that you could see on the map and if you take them on too early you get wiped out). I'm assuming that if I wait a bit and come back to him he'll be a pushover.

I have no clue what to do with shadow classes. I switched Jiro to the "barrier" class as I thought maybe that had something to do with getting past the colored barriers. That's probably wrong, but I'll stick with it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Work Jiro up a bit in both black and white, then switch him to barrier magic to pick up a few spells. You'll come back to that lazy bear after probably 5 hours and a few dungeons, ready and able to cream it.

Currently running around the sidequests at the end of disc 3. Holy crap, they throw a nice assortment of optional areas at you.
And I tried the blizzard dragon... he killed me. After I stole his ribbon. :bomb:
I'm honestly glad I picked up the guide for this game.

[quote name='Callandor']Work Jiro up a bit in both black and white, then switch him to barrier magic to pick up a few spells. You'll come back to that lazy bear after probably 5 hours and a few dungeons, ready and able to cream it.

Currently running around the sidequests at the end of disc 3. Holy crap, they throw a nice assortment of optional areas at you.
And I tried the blizzard dragon... he killed me. After I stole his ribbon. :bomb:
I'm honestly glad I picked up the guide for this game.[/quote]

I'm at that part too, but I just want to finish it because I know I won't finish it after I get Halo 3.
Can you continue with the story and get your ass handed to you?
Right now I tried fighting that other tree, and I can almost beat him, but he gets me everytime. I also tried fighting the Phantom Dragon and he killed me badly. :cry:

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I'm at that part too, but I just want to finish it because I know I won't finish it after I get Halo 3.
Right now I tried fighting that other tree, and I can almost beat him, but he gets me everytime. I also tried fighting the Phantom Dragon and he killed me badly. :cry:
[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the final areas aren't that hard, and the "superbosses" like the dragons are worse than the final fight against Nene. Or whoever it is; the guide doesn't say what the final boss is. :) So the EXTRA extra bosses are a bitch, the achievement ones, are a bitch. The others, way too damn easy.

Do some trial runs on the dragons to figure out their attacks. Plan your accessory and skills carefully to counter those abilities.

The Ghost Yeet on the eastern island? Ribbons, ballet shoes, and a good resistus spell will make the fight easy. Just protect against petrification and slowly whittle away at his health while building up corporeals, if needed.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']
[/QUOTE]

What level is your party at when attempting that boss? Also what skill/shadow focuses do you have on each character?

I didn't attempt that group of bosses until I had my party over level 87/88.

Zephyrus (highest group heal/white magic), resurrection, pre-revive, double cast, etc all work well on those bosses. Also the bosses are easier if you find
Belly Button Ring of ______. Most of them have attacks that are primarily wind or earth, so if you find these Belly Button Ring of the Wind for example, the Dragon using wind attacks cannot do ANY damage to you. That makes things easier, since you'll always have one person in your party alive

[quote name='asianxcore']What level is your party at when attempting that boss? Also what skill/shadow focuses do you have on each character?

I didn't attempt that group of bosses until I had my party over level 87/88.

Zephyrus (highest group heal/white magic), resurrection, pre-revive, double cast, etc all work well on those bosses. Also the bosses are easier if you find
Belly Button Ring of ______. Most of them have attacks that are primarily wind or earth, so if you find these Belly Button Ring of the Wind for example, the Dragon using wind attacks cannot do ANY damage to you. That makes things easier, since you'll always have one person in your party alive
[/QUOTE]

Crap...I hope I didn't sell those spoilerized items!

When you say level 87/88...did you mean the character level or class level?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Crap...I hope I didn't sell those spoilerized items!

When you say level 87/88...did you mean the character level or class level?[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't either :)

It definitely makes fighting those bosses a lot easier since most do lots of damage or have multiple turn attacks.

87/88 entire party level as well as at least one shadow class near 99 at that point.

when does the combat start to get challenging? I'm 10ish hours in, at the place with the people in the wall and I'm finding myself just running past all of the enemies because combat is very tedious since there isnt much challenge. I at least like how they got rid of the random combat so I can advance the story faster and get to the harder fights.

also, one thing I really hate and dont know why they put it in is how you can find some crap item on every god damn rock that you check. usually it's like an antidote or 10 gold, but I know that it will entice a lot of people into running along walls, spamming A to try to make sure they dont miss anything good like a super weapon xyz that you couldnt go back and get. it's really annoying.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Crap...I hope I didn't sell those spoilerized items!

When you say level 87/88...did you mean the character level or class level?[/QUOTE]

Black Belts and the Eyepatch double SP. Advice: level Shu's Assassin class up to 32 before the end of disc 2 (so he gets steal and treasure hunt).

Some locations of these items:
- Red barrier chest in Mural Town; belt
- Rare steal from the tree boss at start of disc 3; save after you regain Shu's shadow, give him steal/treasure hunt, and reset until you get the belt
- 1200 nothings from Nothing Man: belt
- Find the autographed item in the desert after the mountain sheep camp; the human at the camp will give you an eyepatch for it
- There is a belt in the optional ancient ruins forest area by Talta after you get the mechat

There are a few other steals as well.

As soon as I get that last one, I'll have an SP-doubler for each character. And no, they don't stack. :cry:

Do you guys think that this game will appeal to casual RPG fans, such as myself? I'm very intrigued by it, but I don't know how "deep" it goes. Like, I enjoy the occasional RPG, but I hardly ever finish them. Would it be worth it for me to pick it up now and chip away at it little by little, or do you think it would be more wise for me to hold off on a price drop if I end up never having time for it?

There, after 56 hours, and all of the sidequests except for
the dragons, king poo, and gold mecha robo
, Blue Dragon is finished.

Running through the final "bosses" at level 60+ with decent shadow skill levels was easy. I say final "bosses" for a reason.
Deathroy being a boss wasn't surprising, but the circumstances were. And the OTHER "boss", well, I won't spoil that little entertaining twist, but it did explain a really big plot loophole.

I think I'll work on the character level 99 and the one shadow class 99 achievements, but that's all. I don't have the time to go for 99 in all classes. Should get the monter log achievement when I kill off the last couple optional bosses. I'm still pissed I missed that fucking shield ring...

It was a decent game overall, but no real replay value. I think I'll sell it once I get a few more achievements.

[quote name='h2dk']56+ hours and your complaint is lack of replay value?[/quote]

I think he means playing it again after beating it because there is no multiplayer or extra modes to make you want to play it again.

question for those of you who have played this and eternal sonata. I am going to one of these from gamefly, and probably get both over the next year. But which one should i get first since with h3, orange box, and mass effect coming out i will probably only have time to really play one other rpg this fall so should it be blue dragon or eternal, i have played both demos and found eternal sonata very fun, but also found blue dragon fun. Opinions?

[quote name='Callandor']
I think I'll work on the character level 99 and the one shadow class 99 achievements, but that's all. I don't have the time to go for 99 in all classes. Should get the monter log achievement when I kill off the last couple optional bosses. I'm still pissed I missed that fucking shield ring...
[/QUOTE]

I can't possibly see myself playing through it AGAIN (given it takes 50+ hours) if I miss an item or monster. Could you tell me where this shield ring thing is and how I could miss it (so I make sure I don't)? I'm about 11 hours in, now, and at the Valley of the Murals (just went through the town). Also, are there any other items or monsters that are missable?

I could see myself going for the 99 in all classes deal in this game - but ONLY if I have a chance at all the other achievements, otherwise it will seem pointless. So I don't want to miss anything. In games like this, I always want there to be a FAQ just to help with missable things. It should have just enough info so you can get 100% without spoiling anything it doesn't have to. For a game like Suikoden V it is critical (I had to sift through the regular FAQ to get that info and saw things I didn't need to see). Callandor, it seems you are on track for all the monsters and all but 1 item. Maybe you can let me (and others) know which ones are tricky.

But man, this game is stingy with the gamerpoints... I'm 11 hours in and have all of 15 so far :lol:.

By the way, the graphics and design of the Mural area are incredible. I was underwhelmed by the graphics and art design when I played the demo (I only played the Nene fight level and not the other). I know others commented on how bland it was in the demo. Well, just about every area I've been to so far in the game has been much better than the place in the demo. And Mural town is just stunningly beautiful in HD.

So far I'm definitely glad I didn't let the usual cadre of turn-based JRPG haters on CAG keep me from getting this game. I think it is excellent so far and may replace Viva Pinata as my favorite 360 game.

[quote name='ighosty']question for those of you who have played this and eternal sonata. I am going to one of these from gamefly, and probably get both over the next year. But which one should i get first since with h3, orange box, and mass effect coming out i will probably only have time to really play one other rpg this fall so should it be blue dragon or eternal, i have played both demos and found eternal sonata very fun, but also found blue dragon fun. Opinions?[/QUOTE]

I would say all you need is Blue Dragon. But that might just be because I got it first and started it. Now I see no need to get Eternal Sonata at full price so I'll wait for a drop. UNLESS, that is, I can get a faceplate when I go out to EB tonight. If they have a cool one left and let me get it with a purchase, I may pick up ES. But I don't plan on playing it any time soon with all the other games coming out this Fall.

Of course, had I got Eternal Sonata first I would probably be saying the opposite. From what I've read and the short demo I played of ES, I'd say they are both fine choices if you like JRPGs and I'm definitely glad both came out on the 360. It is a lack of games like this that kept me from the original Xbox. Throw in Katamari in a few weeks, and my 360 has become, for all intents and purposes, a next-gen PS2 :lol:.

[quote name='io']I can't possibly see myself playing through it AGAIN (given it takes 50+ hours) if I miss an item or monster. Could you tell me where this shield ring thing is and how I could miss it (so I make sure I don't)? I'm about 11 hours in, now, and at the Valley of the Murals (just went through the town). Also, are there any other items or monsters that are missable?[/QUOTE]

Ok, based of the official guide, here is the list of miss-able items and monsters in the game:

Items:
Disc 1:
-Get the special gift card from one of the people at the party after you take down Nene's fortress. Do not leave the party until you do.

Disc 2:
-At the beginning of the disc, get the shield earring (sorry, not ring, that was my typo) from a soldier in the cafe before you sleep and leave Jibral. THIS IS THE ONE I fuckING MISSED.
-Also get the designer vase from the workshop in Jibral BEFORE you sleep and leave; you will need it to get the first-aid vase and Devee idol from a disc 3 sidequest.
-Buy the Supermetal bracelet and ring in Baroy town after you get the blue device and before you leave the town.

Disc 3:
-Get the rare steal of Nene's ring from Ultimate Szabo in the Primitive Cube.
-Get the rare steal of Nene's earring from the optional superboss Phantom Dragon at the southern end of the great desert in disc 3.
-Get the autograph paper by killing the optional superboss King Poo in the ancient ruins by Talta. Find Toripo during the playable end segment (after the final boss) behind a tree which is behind your Mechat, and he will sign the paper to give you one last item, an Autograph.

You can't get the item collection achievement without beating the end boss and getting the two items that pop up during the endgame sequence: a rare flower, and the above autograph.

NOTE: You need a total of 1800 nothings to get all the special accessories from the Nothing Man under the bridge in Jibral. I do not know if anything past the 1200 nothing gift is unique, since I only found ~1350 during my play. So no promises that the above list is complete; the Prima guide did not specify his later items.

Monsters: In general, fight everything you come across, especially in all the "temporary" areas (mostly Nene's various fortresses and bases)
Disc 2:
-Let the Scything Skull boss in the Pachess Underground Factory summon Skeleton Generals (and kill them) before you kill him.
-Let the Versatile Mecha Robo's in Nene's Fortress summon Intercept Dynadrones (and kill them) before you finish the fortress.
-Make sure to kill the two types of Servant mecha robos during the Yasato boss fight at the end of disc 2. Kill them BEFORE you release Yasato.

Disc 3:
-In Devour forest, start a monster fight between the wolf ghosts and zombie monkeys to make the Skeleton Monkey appear.
-During the Rockwind Wolf Ghost fight, do not kill it too quickly; let it split into the Rock and Wolf ghosts before you finish the fight.
-In the Upper Mecha Robo base, let a damaged Security Electrogue split into it's two separate parts.
-In the Sea Cube, kill a Kelolon in front of a Kelolon defender to turn the defender into a balloon toad.
-Let the Wandering Sages in the Primitive Cube summon Spine Ghosts and Sanguine Slashers.

You can't get this achievement without clearing out the Primitive Cube (through Ultimate Szabo) and killing all the optionals superbosses.

You owe me. :p Or, you owe Prima for making the guide. Your choice.

And just for kicks:

I KILLED THE LAST TWO MAIN BOSSES OF THE GAME WITHOUT THEM EVEN GETTING A CHANCE TO HIT ME!!!! That is 1) how powerful my lvl 60+ team using level 65-80 shadow classes is, and 2)how easy the game is.

[quote name='Callandor']Ok, based of the official guide, here is the list of miss-able items and monsters in the game:

Items:
Disc 1:
-Get the special gift card from one of the people at the party after you take down Nene's fortress. Do not leave the party until you do.

Disc 2:
-At the beginning of the disc, get the shield earring (sorry, not ring, that was my typo) from a soldier in the cafe before you sleep and leave Jibral. THIS IS THE ONE I fuckING MISSED.
-Also get the designer vase from the workshop in Jibral BEFORE you sleep and leave; you will need it to get the first-aid vase and Devee idol from a disc 3 sidequest.
-Buy the Supermetal bracelet and ring in Baroy town after you get the blue device and before you leave the town.

Disc 3:
-Get the rare steal of Nene's ring from Ultimate Szabo in the Primitive Cube.
-Get the rare steal of Nene's earring from the optional superboss Phantom Dragon at the southern end of the great desert in disc 3.
-Get the autograph paper by killing the optional superboss King Poo in the ancient ruins by Talta. Find Toripo during the playable end segment (after the final boss) behind a tree which is behind your Mechat, and he will sign the paper to give you one last item, an Autograph.

You can't get the item collection achievement without beating the end boss and getting the two items that pop up during the endgame sequence: a rare flower, and the above autograph.

Monsters: In general, fight everything you come across, especially in all the "temporary" areas (mostly Nene's various fortresses and bases)
Disc 2:
-Let the Scything Skull boss in the Pachess Underground Factory summon Skeleton Generals (and kill them) before you kill him.
-Let the Versatile Mecha Robo's in Nene's Fortress summon Intercept Dynadrones (and kill them) before you finish the fortress.
-Make sure to kill the two types of Servant mecha robos during the Yasato boss fight at the end of disc 2. Kill them BEFORE you release Yasato.

Disc 3:
-In Devour forest, start a monster fight between the wolf ghosts and zombie monkeys to make the Skeleton Monkey appear.
-During the Rockwind Wolf Ghost fight, do not kill it too quickly; let it split into the Rock and Wolf ghosts before you finish the fight.
-In the Upper Mecha Robo base, let a damaged Security Electrogue split into it's two separate parts.
-In the Sea Cube, kill a Kelolon in front of a Kelolon defender to turn the defender into a balloon toad.
-Let the Wandering Sages in the Primitive Cube summon Spine Ghosts and Sanguine Slashers.

You can't get this achievement without clearing out the Primitive Cube (through Ultimate Szabo) and killing all the optionals superbosses.

You owe me. :p[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks! Once I get my main computer working again (some dude is here now replacing the motherboard AGAIN!) and can print, I'm printing this out ASAP. I'm still on disc one and I don't think I've taken down Nene's fortress yet. When does that happen? And now I see why you are telling people to get the steal skill going - 2 things that are stealable (and rare) only. I'll start working on that one soon.

I have another question about the medal-trading guy. I ran into him early on (in the sea caves area I think) and bought one of each thing from him. Then he left for some other place. Is it going to be like this the whole time? Does he ever set up shop somewhere permanently or should I be buying more off of him while I can? Also, does he ever offer more than he has that first time? Basically, I'm wondering if I should just spend all my medals next time and get a bunch of stuff (it seemed to be mostly hearts for upgrading classes). If I'm going for the 99 level thing it would seem useful to get as many of these as possible. BUT, I want to save the medals if there is anything better (or rare) that he sells later.

Also, when do you run into the "nothing" person?

Actually, I recommend the lvl32 assassin ON SHU for steal+treasure hunt early for a few reasons:
- Getting the black belt rare steal from the tree boss at the start of act 3; She is the only one with a shadow here, and hence the only one that can "easily" steal rare items.
- Stealing magic life-crusher bracelets rare steal from the snakes in the underground waterway after Baroy town in disc 2; they are fucking overpowered for that early in the game!
- Lots of bosses have kick-ass rare accessory steals, as well.
Keep in mind you might have to do some "save first, then reset" to get some of those rare steals.

Toripo is the metal-trade guy; he'll pop up a few times throughout the game. He only trades for the skill hearts and the stat-boost items. Just buy one of every item from him to ensure you get them on your item lists. Splurge on the barrier hearts; you want a lvl50 barrier mage as soon as possible for Field Barrier 3. :drool:

The Nothing Man is an NPC in Jibral castle town. You can first meet him near the end of disc 1.

And work on your Generalist class early; those +Skills and +Accessory abilities are very nice to have later in disc 2. Just gradually build up the classes throughout the game, get Field Barrier 3 before the end of disc 2, and keep running the
underground waterway
to build up your classes.

Man, I'm starting to feel like your Metroid and Blue Dragon helper. \\:D/

Thanks. I just switched Kluke to Generalist last night and in no time had her levelled up to get the extra skill slot. Very nice indeed. I need to get Maro into that class as he has tons of unused skills right now. And Jiro, too, since he is my white/barrier mage. The extra accessory slot seems pointless, now, though, as I don't have anything that fits in that slot!

I just love Maro's monk class multiple target charge-up attack. That thing takes out most of the groups I'm running into in one hit.

I *really* like that once you switch classes you can still use everything from the other classes you have. That makes changing around and experimenting so much more enjoyable (because I can keep the cool stuff and get new powers). But I definitely see the need for everyone to power up in Generalist for a bit to make use of all those skills.

I'm a bit worried that I didn't pick Assassin for Shu the last time I got to add a class, so I may have to wait a while before I can even get it again. I think I just hit level 20 and got a class. How much longer before I can add another?

Level 30. The new classes come at 5-10-20-30-40-50. Just build one up in Assassin right away, but I recommend Shu for that extra black belt.

When I first saw that you can have new shadow classes, I was planning on giving shu assassin, jiro barrier/supportégeneralist, and generalist to kluke first...but then I accidentally gave jiro assassin as well as shu accidentally when they both ranked up for the first time and I pressed A too quickly. My question is, should I restart that hour or so of gameplay (I killed a bunch of stuff and I always search everything...probably would take half that time to get back there though), or do I eventually get to choose every shadow class anyway...

This game is awesome as well...don't know why some reviews were so negative. Even though some of the things they say is lame (ex "I know why we're going back up, I said I will never give up!" or "If anything happens to us when we swallow these, you're responsible!") But the gameplay is great and its waay better than I expected, especially after playing the horrible demo.

So you're at the beginning? Nah, by the time you'll want Shu's assassin class for good ol thievery, you should be well past lvl 20.

Just unlock classes as you go to fill in the roles you want the characters to play.

Ya...the beginning. Shu wasn't the one I messed up with...it was Jiro who I gave the assassin class by accident. So...I get every shadow class eventually then too?

I really love this game. The best part is the shadow class/level-up system. I haven't had this much fun leveling up and changing my skills around in such a long time. As soon as I get more levels, I'm going to get everyone up in Generalist. Those extra skills slots are nearly essential. Also, the enemy designs are truly awesome, even if the characters and story still feel a little trite. Every time I go into a new area, I'm surprised how I'm still seeing fresh, imaginative creatures.

There's a New Game+ option, right? If that's true, I could probably go through the game, getting as much as I can on my own, probably level everything up (since it's so fun), then start a new game and rush though, getting everything I missed, field barrier-ing everything and plowing through the bosses. Seem about right?

Anyone else still playing? I figured this game is about as anti-Halo as you can get (with its non-twitch, turn-based battling and all). Maybe the rest of us can take refuge here for a bit ;).

I just got to disc 2 this weekend. I also went back and completed the wagon and Mechat shooting (level 1) achievements. Both of them were a bit tricky but after several attempts I managed to get them. The key to the wagon one is to be in the right place and to use the encounter circle. For the Mechat shooting I found myself really wishing I had the Metroid Prime 3 Wii remote controls :lol:.

I really liked the ring-creation minigame at the start of disc 2. I made a pretty good one and was tempted to go back and get the best possible ring, but I figured the game isn't *that* hard so I'll just stick with my above average ring for now... (The one I made was a bit better than Jiro's so that's good enough).

I still play it when I get a chance, but it is hard to only play an hour at a time. I wish there was a way to skip the "victory" cutscene at the end of each battle, I also had to "speed up" my play a bit. My kids watch and get tired of me searching for items. I am about 25 hours in, was hoping to be farther along before H3, now I will have to juggle the two.

For those through/on disk 2, quick question:

I was chasing Nene in the snow mini-game where his robot jumps the large crack. I ended up going into the "green" town and I am now stuck in there. I didn't have time to look around, but I am wondering if I should start from a previous save and avoid the town for now, or is it fairly simple to get out?

bread's done
Back