The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation (Wrestling) Thread

Hey now, I was scouring Gamestops back in like 2005/06 when they were clearancing them out at $20. I still have like 4 different sealed N-Gage games hanging out in my basement.

I got that PWG set last weekend. It is very strange to watch a wrestling show with literally 40 people in the crowd. I mean, I thought the ECW arena was tiny but damn. Some pretty good matches on there. The AJ Style/Samoa Joe match that ends the first disc is brutal.

[quote name='mykevermin']I remember he sent me a Pocket Kingdom shirt for free when I was into the N-Gage.

Yeah, I admitted it.[/quote]

I still have that game. I never bought an N-Gage to use with it though. :lol:

[quote name='neocisco']
57367-simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

;)[/quote]

It's better with sound. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Keiji Muto now holds two separate world titles - he won the All Japan Triple Crown as the Great Muta, and holds the IWGP Title under his own name.[/QUOTE]

He's still wrestling with knees that were as bad as they were supposed to be 10 years ago (let alone today)?

Man, he's like the Triple H of Japan.

Where's Satoshi Kojima in all of this?

Speaking of handheld games, I still have the NJPW game for the WonderSwan. In fact, it's in my desk right now. It's a fun antiquated game to pass a short amount of time.

I lost track of the Japan scene after 2005. I love Muta, and used "The Great Muta" as my first Internet pseudonym for WrestleWorld.com's forums in 1999.

Lakeland Civic Center
Sunday September 28, 2008
600 fans in a 10,000 seat venue

Somoa Joe b. Booker T. via tap out

Christian Cage b. Kip James

Beer Money w/Jacqueline b. Motor City Machine Guns

Taylor Wilde b. Awesome Kong Traci Brooks special ref.

AJ Styles b. Sheik Abdul Bashir

Petey Williams b. Sunjay Dutt w/SoCal Val, and Consequences Creed in three-way
That attendance figure made me laugh more than the other TNA-related highlight of my day - unlocking Don West in the Impact game and having him win an Ultimate X.

I really need to check out more of Santino's Casa, and for that matter, WWE needs to release a DVD of both it and the Dirt Sheet.

This needs to be on Raw soon - doing battle with a Santino action figure -
http://www.wweshop.com/product_detail.asp?CAT=cat-newreleases&productId=50-03348

Owen Hart vs. Marty Jones from 3-5-87 - World of Sports -
http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=VWNN7584

Last edited by a moderator:
Crowd: "Ba-tista! Ba-tista!"
Santino: "Very funny!"

:lol:

Edit: Those WWE Vinyl figures are neat.

*searches for a Santino version*

Edit 2: What's the point in no-offense jobbing Santino to Batista? Why not draw it out and let both look good? It just doesn't make sense. I like to think people have a longer attention span than WWE thinks.

God, why do I now like the Miz? :whistle2:(

I blame John Morrison. I think I like the Miz out of association. That, and his stuff on the Dirt Sheet. :oops:

Dolph Ziggler confuses me. Is he Val Venis's replacement or what?

They're referring to Paul Burchill by Ripper now. Interesting. I wonder if he'll get to wear his mask?

They are just wasting Burchill, and Katie Lea too. At least form a faction with Regal, Katie Lea, and Burchill.

Wow. Knoble broke out his Chris Benoit style tonight.

His "hot tag" from Mickie was the single most silent hot tag I may have ever witnessed on TV, but he made up for it with his explosive suplexes and his great missle dropkick.

I'm pleasantly surprised with what they're doing with Noble.

Indeed, Myke.

The finish was nice with Gibson hitting a Northern Lights suplex and floating over to an armbar.

Regal/Noble matches sound good to me! :drool:

Duuuuuuuuuuude.

Guess who's being used without taking advantage of a potentially superawesome gimmick!

Former XFL star Richard Young, a/k/a Atlas Dabone, a/k/a Ricky Ortiz!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_DaBone

Woah! Could you imagine him having the persona of someone hell bent on ruining McMahon for his involvement in the XFL?

EDIT:
TEMEVNZKBTOUTZM.20041228173852.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA! AC MOTHERfuckIN SLATER!

I've not been paying attention recently but is there any chance HBK's partner will be Kevin nash ? Didn't he leave TNA.

Or will it be Trips in another DX merchandising push.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']My bi-monthly troll into the forum-

LOL did Cole just say WWF?[/quote]

It's Michael Cole. At this point, I just tune him out. :whistle2:# He's a skinny Don West who has less heart-attacks.

[quote name='benjamouth']I've not been paying attention recently but is there any chance HBK's partner will be Kevin nash ? Didn't he leave TNA.

Or will it be Trips in another DX merchandising push.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a 99% (conservatively speaking) chance it's the latter.

The crowd will pop like mad.

Me? Not so much. Good for people who like it, but the middle-age incarnation of DX that feuded with the Spirit Squad and had such a forced feud with the McMahons killed their legacy for me. Yuck.

1. Ugh. I hope it's not Triple H. The resurrection of D-Generation X against the Spirit Squad was painful. Just like when WWE brought back the nWo. I would welcome home Kevin Nash. The sexy, gray fox.

Fair enough. Wasn't paying too close attention.

I'm looking forward to Triple H being in the main event. Been awhile since I got to watch The Daily Show on time on Mondays.

I don't recall hearing WWF, and announcing that Rey might lose his mask with SIX DAYS OF BUILD is incredibly stupid. Also, Nash hasn't re-signed with TNA, but he also hasn't officially left, so I wouldn't expect him to be HBK's partner tonight. HHH is likely, and would provide an easy to way to once again plug the SD move to MNTV.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The Great Charli is awesome. He even has the walk down :rofl:[/quote]

:rofl:

Man, from a distance I thought is was him. The walk was perfect.

DX DX DX!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Too bad it just doesn't matter to me :(

*sigh* DX it is then, good night WWE.

Seeing as Xbox Live will be back up next week and I have Top Gear's downloaded, I might not see you again for some time.

Good show tonight - not a classic, but it was full of fun stuff. I loved the 8-man tag early on, as it was a blast, and Kane got in some neat shots (like the walk-by uppercut on Punk), but it tapered off a bit in the middle before ending well with Kane winning the chokeslam. Not a fan of Adamle announcing that Rey's mask will be on the line because Kane won after the fact - it would've made the 8-man seem somewhat significant had they announced it before, and I can't believe they're teasing the loss of Rey's mask with only 6 days notice.

Santino-Batista was a very amusing way to start the show off, and everything Santino did tonight was hilarious. Batista had a good night as well, aside from screwing up a bit on the mic. The women's title match was built up about as well as could be expected, with Beth destroying Kelly Kelly (Kelly), and I liked the show-long tease for HBK's partner, his promo building it up was amusing with him referencing Austin, Hogan (brother!), and Bret was a hoot, and I liked Cade's promo as well - building himself and Jericho up while bashing HBK.

Jericho's "demonstration" dragged on and he flubbed up a ton of stuff on the mic. This really didn't do a thing to make me want to see the ladder match. Between this and last week featuring them facing off in a tag match, it's become less like a special feud and more like, well, every other world title feud, with some by-the-numbers booking. HHH being HBK's partner made a great deal of sense, as he's the only guy on the roster who likes HBK, and served as a nice way to build up HHH facing Jericho and Matt on SD.

The match itself was no great shakes, and I didn't like the finish one bit - ONE SECOND of double teaming was enough cause for a DQ...yeah... Oh, and Cade getting punked out by the hammer, the superkick, and the Pedigree did a fine job of undoing whatever good was done last week by having him pin HBK. The ladder dive didn't help him out either, although it at least built up the ladder match and established that HBK could do something off the ladder.

JTG-Miz was a fine little showcase for JTG, who busted out some stuff I could see getting over nicely for him, like the sit-out blockbuster and the leapfrog fameasser. Miz winning didn't do much for me, and I didn't like the pre-match dirt sheet with JTG's birth being compared to a bowel movement, but their eventual regular feud should be amusing stuff, although it seems a bit pointless without it also being for a set of tag titles.

Aside from the 8-man, and Santino, the epic meeting between THE GREAT CHARLI and THE GREAT KHALI!~ was tremendous. Haas nailed the mannerisms, then tried to get a handshake out of Khali, drawing laughter from Khali right before he hit him with THE KHALI CHOP!~ of death, doom, and discomfort. Five star segment.

Quotes -
Cole - WWE BEGINS ITS MOST MONUMENTAL WEEK IN ITS HISTORY!
Sign - Batista is my Superman
URA Champ Punk
Lawler - BATISTA IS READY TO UNLEASH THE ANIMAL ON JBL!
Santino - SO! BARRY AMINAL, BATISTA! WE FINALLY MEET! BUT BEFORE WE ENGAGE IN BATTLE, THERE’S SOMETHING YOU MIGHT WANT TO SEE! PUT UP THE HONKA-A-METER! DAT’S RIGHT, ONLY 58 WEEKS MORE AND I WILL TIE THE HONKA DONKA MAN’S RECORD AND BECOME THE GREATEST IC CHAMP OF ALL THE TIMES! BUT FOR YOU! Put up the brain Barometer! YOU SEE, THE AVERAGE BRAIN HAS 6 TRILLION BRAIN CELLS IN DA BODY! SANTINO MARELLA HAS 10 TRILLION! DAT’S TWICE AS MANY AS DA AVERAGE HUMAN BEING! BATISTA HAS… 12! 12S! AND I’M ABOUT TO KNOCK OUT 10 OF THEM! YOU ARE A THORN ON MY BACKSIDES! I’M GOING OT LEAVE YOU IN WORSE SHAPE THAN THE U.S. ECONOMY! (Batista then kills him in a minute)
Todd - Shawn, tonight you’ll team with a partner against Jericho and Lance…
HBK - I know what you’re gonna say...10 years ago when I trained Lance, I knew he was good then, I just never thought that he’d show the world that fact at my expense. Tonight, I won’t let it happen again. Jericho, you have 6 days to walk around as world champion, because this Sunday, HBK’s gonna climb the ladder and walk out the world champion!
Todd - Will you team with Batista again?
HBK - Big Dave and I don’t exactly get along - what about a tag team alliance between HBK and a guy who considers himself a Real American? Or a Texas Rattlesnake? I got a better one - the BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS, AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE…Eh, went a little too far there. Fact of the matter is that I’ve given it a lot of thought, and I just want a partner that…actually likes me.
Cole - WE’RE BACK WITH THE BLING BLING BROTHERS!
Lawler - Hold onto your wallet!
Cole - Cryme Tyme hosts Word Up on WWE.com. The word of the week this week - gloppin!
Cole - THIS HISTORIC WEEK FOR WWE CONTINUES WITH ECW TOMORROW - NEW START TIME - 9 PM!
Cole - The Miz UNLOADS ON JTG!
Cole - I love Word Up - I learn a new word every week. Helps my street cred.
Lawler - You’ve got a lot of street cred, too (he then laughs)
Lawler - Did you know that Cryme Tyme were honor students? They were always “yes, your honor, no, your honor”.
Cole - Miz and Morrison topping Cryme Tyme in page views on WWE.com and tonight in the ring.
Noble - Every time you open your mouth and God-awful sounds come out, I almost swallow my soul, but Jamie Noble needs a partner of female anatomy, so whadya say sweet cheeks?
Jillian - Jamie, if Layls didn’t want to be seen with you, then why would someone 10 times hotter be? YOU’RE A LOSER, JAMIE, SO WHY DONCHA KILL MEEEE!
Dolph - Hi, I’m Dolph Ziggler.
Jillian - Did you say “Dolph Ziggler?“
Dolph - Yes. Hi, I’m Dolph Ziggler.
Noble - I HEARD YA THE FIRST TWO TIMES!
Cole - Mickie has had some run-ins with the Bir-chills! over the past few months!
Crowd - JA-MIE! JA-MIE! JA-MIE!
Cody - Kane, we know you’re not a tag team guy…but your father’s Paul Bearer, which makes you a second-generation superstar just like us. If we act as a unit out there, we should be okay.
Ted - We didn’t ask for the match, but we wanna make sure we’re all on the same page, so whadya think?
Kane - I don’t take orders from anyone. I think that I’m going to massacre Rey tonight whether we’re on the same page or not! The say I see it, STAY OUT OF MY WAY! Or there will be a pile of second-generation carcasses lying motionless in the ring! Now if we’re done here, I’m gonna see a good friend again!
Cade - As you all just saw, I was THE MAN who beat my one-time mentor Shawn Michaels! The truth be told, In the last 3 months, I’ve learned more from Jericho than I have from HBK in TEN YEARS! My victory last week was PROOF that Chris Jericho is a better teacher, a better influence, as is just better - PERIOD! And Shawn, as far as tonight guys, I couldn’t care less who your partner’s gonna be - I don’t care one bit, because you’re either gonna lose to me or Chris Jericho - just like you will this Sunday. Because when NM is over, it will be Chris Jericho who is still the world heavyweight champion!
Adamle - Earlier tonight, Kane made a request to me. And I told him that I would grant his request based on whether or not he won tonight. Well Kane won and I’m a man of my word, so this Sunday, should Kane beat Rey, Rey will have to take off his mask (fans boo loudly) in the middle of this ring. Now Rey, I know the mask is…(Orton comes out) Randy…Can I help you?
Orton - I just wanna make sure that you have your cell phone on ya - you’re out here making decisions and I just assumed that you’re supposed to call Shane and make sure they’re okay. Is that on your to-do list after you shine his shoes and pick up his dry cleaning?
Adamle - I don’t like your tone.
Orton - YOU NEED TO RE-SUSPEND CM PUNK RIGHT NOW! And you need to stand up for yourself - I’m the most valuable commodity here, and if I’m not happy, I guarantee you won’t be. When I’m healthy, I will OWN things, just like I did when I was champion. And when that day comes Mike, you’ll need me on your side more than Shane, so if you’re smart…(JBL comes out)
JBL - I’m having a very bad week so this is gonna be short. I lost more money than most people have ever seen, thank GOD IN HEAVEN I HAVE MORE THAN THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO REDISTRIBUTE TO THE POOR, so there’s a few things I can take solace in - my wife is one of the most powerful women in the world and will be testifying in front of Congress next week, and next week, I’ll be standing here telling either HBK or Jericho that I’ll face them, what’ll you be doing? Living in the past? You’re a one-armed gimp living in the past, THE HYPERBOLE THAT YOU’RE THE GREATEST, Adamle, you wanna do something that’lll do more than impress Shane - when I become world champion, Orton NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER GETS A SHOT! (Batista comes out and spears him like JBL clotheslined him earlier)
Batista - I know you’ve had a bad week, but by mo…No Mercy, it’s gonna get a lot worse!
Santino - Tank you for da kind words, how’d you get my numbah? (Beth shows up)
Beth - Who were you talking to?
Santino - Sick kid, Frankie, poor guy, I promised to win the match, but the stupid head BATISTA! He’s taken a turn for the worse. Want me to walk you to the ring tonight?
Beth - I don’t think that’s a good idea - you cost me last week. I can’t have you screwing things up week after week.
Santino - SCREW THINGS UP!? It’s a good thing you don’t have a Fabulous Moolah meter? YOU’D BE GOING FOR 22 YEARS! (Beth gets mad) She be a female problem.
Cole - It’s Beth and the karaoke queen.
Cole - The karaoke queen, Jillian, we heard her sing YOU’RE A LOOOOSSERRR, JAMIE… He wasn’t a loser tonight, though.
Crowd - WE WANT PUP-PIES! WE WANT PUP-PIES!
Cole - We’ve done more episodes of Raw than the Simpsons and Seinfeld COMBINED!
Lawler - RAW’S AN ENTERTAINMENT JUGGERNAUT!
Lawler - There’s DEUCE! He was drafted to Raw in 2008 supplemental draft…he’s got quite an impressive background! (THE GREAT CHARLI comes out) POOR DEUCE! LOOK AT THAT CHIN!
Charli - BA BWHA TUBA!
Signh - THE GREAT CHARLI SAYS BEHOLD HIS AWESOME POWER!
Charli - BOOSOW!
Singh - THE GREAT CHARLI SAYS WHEN PREPARED CORRECTLY, CURRY IS BOTH DELICIOUS AND NUTRITION! IT IS!
(during Charli-Deuce)Crowd - THIS MATCH SUCKS! THIS MATCH SUCKS!
Cole - The chin stayed on the whole match.
Lawler - Amazing. Oh no…
Cole - IT’S THE REAL GREAT KHALI!
Lawler - Maybe he thought it was funny - I did.
Cole - I don’t recall him ever having a sense of humor.
Lawler - This is history - the Great Khali meeting the Great Charli!
Cole - FIRST TIME EVER!
(Charli goes for a handshake, Khali chops him)Lawler - I guess Khali doesn’t have a sense of humor.
Jericho - When I came here today, someone had the audacity to say “good luck on Sunday” - I DON’T NEED LUCK. I will be vicious because I am better than he is. I’d like to give you a demonstration of what I’m gonna do to HBK on Sunday - Cade, get a ladder. Everyone’s obsessed with the final moments of a ladder match, but I’m obsessed with what’ll happen before. I WILL tie you to the ringpost and smash you with the ladder against the t…steel steps. When I get you back into the ring, I’m gonna beat you near-unconscious, and slam the ladder again and again on your neck! And then finally, I will stand over your carcass and use the weapon to cage in your ribcage just like this. The cold hard fact is this - there’s not another man who knows how to maim someone with a ladder more than me, and after Sunday, I will still be world champion - not because of luck. Wanna see what I think of luck? (he walks under a ladder) When you’re the best in the world, you don’t need luck!
(HHH comes out as HBK’s partner)Lawler - If HBK wins the world title and HHH retains the WWE Title, DX WOULD CONTROL THE WWE UNIVERSE!
Cole - I’m being told that this is the first time in nearly a year that DX has been back together!
Cole - Shawn Michaels, really the innovator of the ladder match. Jericho’s won three titles in a ladder match - it’s really the two best wrestlers in the ladder match going at it on Sunday.
Cole - THIS IS A 2-ON-1 ASSAULT! (one second later) THE REF HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO CALL FOR THE BELL!

Screens -

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I liked Cade's promo as well - building himself and Jericho up while bashing HBK. [/quote]

I too liked Cade's promo. His entrance music? Not so much. It sounded like a loop of noise.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']HHH being HBK's partner made a great deal of sense, as he's the only guy on the roster who likes HBK, and served as a nice way to build up HHH facing Jericho and Matt on SD. [/quote]

I forgot about the triple threat until I saw the commercial for Smackdown's move to MyNetworkTV.

Ah, so it was Triple H. Considering what you said, his use makes sense. Plus, I suppose their pairing still appeals to some people.

I liked Rey Jr.'s outer mask. It reminded me of La Parka. :drool:

DX again? I need a giant yawning emoticon. Someone start a pool on how many weeks it will be until the next blatant DX merch shilling. The only thing worse than Super H on Raw or Smackdown is Super H on Raw AND Smackdown.

[quote name='Chase']I forgot about the triple threat until I saw the commercial for Smackdown's move to MyNetworkTV.[/QUOTE]

From being at the Target Center live at tonight's RAW.... I was sick of hearing about the Smackdown move by halfway through the show. Nearly every break during the show had at least one ad reminding us about the change.

Otherwise very enjoyable show live. I don't know how it came across on TV but it was fun. Not the best RAW ever but it did its job. A few live notes for what you didn't see on TV:

- Dark match pre-RAW: Dolph Ziggler beat D'Lo Brown. D'Lo got a NICE pop from the crowd. Sad to see him shoved down to dark matches already. Even sadder to see him jobbing to an guy who is very very very dull. I can't feel any more bored than to hear a guy going around saying "My name is Dolph Ziggler!"

- Someone needs to tell Lillian Garcia that she needs to do an English CD like... NOW! Her singing of the national anthem IS worth the price of admission to the show all in itself. :drool:

- Remind me not to sit close enough to the pyros that I can feel the heat from them. Especially the one for Kane.

- The DX reunion tonight was a bit too obvious. Once HBK made the remark about wanting "an friend" most of us knew right there it was going to be Triple H. Regardless for someone like me who has never seen DX live in person it was fun. Of course even I know this won't be an one night deal. Any bets on..... DX vs New Evolution?

- Santino is an riot live in person. Even when he dissed Batistia a good deal of us laughed anyways (despite the more than likely sound of boos you might of heard on TV). And shall I mention... Beth is insanely HOT in person. :drool:

- After Jericho's semi botched promo prior to the main event for whatever reason Lance and himself walked out for a good few minutes. Finally what I pressume was right before the show itself was returning from the ad break they came running back out. I'm pressuming they went backstage since there might of been changes to the main event. My guess is since the show seemed to have been running slightly behind that the main event ending got changed (henseforth the quick DQ at the end). Then again the whole main event in general felt very rushed in person.

- After the show ended Triple H literaly spent at least a good 2-3 minutes flubbing around and playing with the crowd with his "Let's Get Ready To Suck It" routine. Fun stuff. After they finished doing that they walked around the entrance ramp for at least a good 10-15 minutes shaking fans hands. We ended up not getting our advertised dark main event (Batistia/Rey vs Kane/JBL) but I think I'd take DX over seeing three of the four who I saw earlier in the night already.... and I should be triple blessed with not having to see JBL's manboobs once again live in person.

[quote name='Chase']
I liked Rey Jr.'s outer mask. It reminded me of La Parka. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Ditto - that was a boss outer mask tonight. It looked great and fit his existing outfit. Also, while the SD shilling got a bit grating, they REALLY need to hammer this move down peoples' throats because a lot of folks, including wrestling fans A. have no idea as to what MNTV is or B. whether they have it or not.

This move is a huge deal for WWE because if this bombs, then SD is screwed and could go off the air, and MNTV absolutely needs this move to go well for them because their ratings are absolutely dreadful and SD alone is going to boost the entire network's average up. The CW also has a lot to prove here, because SD was boosting their average up as well, and now they need more programming beyond Everybody Hates Chris to try and fill that void.

I haven't been watching much lately, but reading that they are doing a mask-threatening mask with Rey...I doubt they'll have him lose it. As shitty as they treat him sometimes, he's still their cornerstone for part of their "international expansion" (if they ever actually get that rolling) and the mask is a big seller as far as merchandise to the kiddies. WWE doesn't take drastic overhauls of their characters lightly. I suppose it's possible he'll drop it, but it would be a pretty strange move.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']This move is a huge deal for WWE because if this bombs, then SD is screwed and could go off the air, and MNTV absolutely needs this move to go well for them because their ratings are absolutely dreadful and SD alone is going to boost the entire network's average up. The CW also has a lot to prove here, because SD was boosting their average up as well, and now they need more programming beyond Everybody Hates Chris to try and fill that void.[/quote]

If Smackdown goes off-air... oy vey. One roster? One show? Good bye Jericho mega-push! :whistle2:(

[quote name='Demolition Man']Any bets on..... DX vs New Evolution?[/quote]

I would prefer something else. Hopefully WWE will establish a face faction lead by someone like CM Punk. If the Michaels and Jericho feud is going the distance, as various news outlets have said, then I see no reason not to feud Punk with Orton. It would be good for Punk and a nice change of scenery for Orton. Plus, they still have to wrap-up their story. Supplementally, Team Second Generation and Team Punk could do something that would get air-time by association. I have no idea how to fill up Team Punk, though. There's Kofi, obviously. After that? Uh,... D'Lo... and... um... Charlie... Haas? You know what? Just toss over Cabana. If WWE ever wants to turn Punk heel (which they won't; not now at least), they could have Cabana and Punk attack D'Lo and Kofi. But now I'm just rambling 'cause I lost my train of thought. :oops:

[quote name='Demolition Man'] - Santino is an riot live in person. Even when he dissed Batistia a good deal of us laughed anyways (despite the more than likely sound of boos you might of heard on TV). And shall I mention... Beth is insanely HOT in person. :drool:[/quote]

You lucky bastid! I would love... LOVE... to see Santino live and in-person. :drool: Oh yeah, and Beth's not too bad either. ;)

[quote name='guyver2077']anyone going to mania next year? Im trying to figure out where to stay in houston..[/quote]

Nope. Not now, at least. Make a note now, preserve it in honey, and superglue it to your forehead: "Take pictures of Santino and John Morrison."

Thanks! ;) :mrgreen:

[quote name='Chase']
You lucky bastid! I would love... LOVE... to see Santino live and in-person. :drool: Oh yeah, and Beth's not too bad either. ;)
[/quote]

I saw him at a house show in Roanoke, VA in June against D'Lo. He was awesomely hilarious. It was just before the Glamorella stuff unfortunately though.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Any bets on..... DX vs New Evolution?[/QUOTE]I'm guessing the Raw main event was kind of a one-off thing... they probably just had the rosters traveling together this week for that "champ vs champ" thing they got going on Smackdown, and figured they'd capitalize.

Like at first I was wondering why Khali was there, but in retrospect it all makes sense.

KaneRobot, I don't expect them to have Rey drop the mask, but I just find it incredibly stupid to only build it up for SIX DAYS.

In some good TNA news, the 10/23 Impact show will be live from Vegas and their first Impact show in HD. On the downside to this, tickets aren't free for a TNA TV taping (they'll be $60 for ringside and $30 for general admission), and they're coming about a week after a WWE show.

Unless that means it'll be a disputed match and they're going to drag it out for at least another month (ugh).

I still say they need to just go insane with it and change it to 'if Rey loses, he loses the mask... if Kane loses, he puts ON a mask'. No one cares about this anyway, so they might as well just fucking go for it, especially considering that people consistently cheer every time Kane makes reference to *his* mask.

bread's done
Back