The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yea I called my GS earlier and they said Tuesday. Shortly after I got that Robot call from GS saying they will have it by the afternoon on Monday. Also Last Week A CAG member told me that they ( he works for a EB) will have it on Monday. I Work all day but I'll mos def pick it up on lunch.

Depends on where you live. Some Best Buys are getting them and putting them out tomorrow, possibly even tonight if they get there soon enough. Most EB's are same-day shipping them and will have them for sale tomorrow afternoon or night.

I don't think this will be a MGS3:S LE situation, nor do I think it will be a Jade Empire and Halo 2 situation. Maybe a True Crime: NYC or NFS:MW Black Edition situation. It'll be widely available for a few weeks, then disappear.

It's starting to seem like there will only be one shipment of the CE, though. I don't want to start any rumors or anything, but i'm thinking it'll be a "We got a few in, but once they're gone, they're gone".

MGS3:S LE was just insane. 2 LE's per store? Pfft.

I've never preordered a CE until this game. I preordered it a week and a half ago. If you preorder a CE, are you guarenteed a CE version, or do they just hand them out when people come in, and if they run out you have to settle for a regular edition? It might be a stupid question, but i'm curious.

[quote name='Superstar']I've never preordered a CE until this game. I preordered it a week and a half ago. If you preorder a CE, are you guarenteed a CE version, or do they just hand them out when people come in, and if they run out you have to settle for a regular edition? It might be a stupid question, but i'm curious.[/QUOTE]

Dunno with this one. When I went to preorder, the guy thought they stopped taking preorders, but I got in on a CE. You should have your own copy waiting, but it really depends on the manager. I'd call and ask and make sure that you're guarenteed a CE.

[quote name='Scorch']Dunno with this one. When I went to preorder, the guy thought they stopped taking preorders, but I got in on a CE. You should have your own copy waiting, but it really depends on the manager. I'd call and ask and make sure that you're guarenteed a CE.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks Scorch. I get out of college at noon tomorrow, and gamestop is only five minutes away, so i'll just run in then and ask. Hopefully the game will be there too, but I doubt it.

[quote name='Scorch']Depends on where you live. Some Best Buys are getting them and putting them out tomorrow, possibly even tonight if they get there soon enough. Most EB's are same-day shipping them and will have them for sale tomorrow afternoon or night.
[/QUOTE]

That will be awesome if its true.

If EB does get it in early, I will just go buy the PC version tommorrow then, buy it cheaper at BB on Tuesday, and drive across the street to return it to EB. This is all assuming my BB dosen't get it in tommorrow, which they probably won't.

If you look at this link, apparently it says the PC version is coming 3/20... when you actually click on it, it then says 3/21. I think you might be right, Scorch.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...elevance&mipp=25&uq=oblivion&_requestid=91470

So i checked my online Credit Card statement and there's 83 dollars PENDING on it, which is the same amount I paid at Ebgames.com so I'm pretty sure they've already charged me and everything for the CE edition, and ill be able to get it!!!

if not then....*cries*

According to Wal-Mart.com, they should be having it tommorrow, 3/20, all 4 versions (Xbox 360 normal and CE, PC normal and CE).

[quote name='2Fast']Dammit, you guys are making me paranoid :headache:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I haven't recieved a call from Gamestop about my preorder yet. I guess that means I won't be lucky enough to get it monday. I just hope that I actually have a CE waiting for me on tuesday.

On a side note, I called my local walmart to see if they'd be releasing it at midnight on monday, but the guy I talked to said no. I'm not sure if I should believe him...

Major city EB's are pretty much a lock for getting it tomorrow night. Dunno about the PC version. I hope my GameCrazy gets it in tomorrow night, but i'm not holding my breath. It'd be better if it came in Tuesday, anyway - I have classes until noon on Tuesday.

It's almost go time. Good luck, I hope you guys get the version you want.. can't wait to try this one out. It's going to be my first ES game.

Hopefully Best Buy or CC will put the game out tomorrow so I can pricematch and get this game as soon as I can... there's no way this'll be bad.

I usually choose Blackshear for my RPG names but may go with Dimitriox; a name I thought of whenever Diablo 2 first came out.... what about you guys?

This couldn't have gone in the other Oblivion thread?

Anyway, I'll probably name my character Gatsu. Because Gatsu is awesome.

[quote name='iheartmetal']im thinking either cloud or maybe sephiroth, because they are soooooo cooooool!!!!![/QUOTE]

Add Xx at the beginning and 420 at the end and you will have a badass character.

I preordered the collectors edition when I picked up GRAW. I'm going to be calling my local EB a little later today to see if there is any possiblity of getting it later today, hopefully after work. That would be sweet. I'm really excited about the possibilities of this game with how open the environment is.

I stopped in at gamestop just a few minutes ago, and they said it will be in tomorrow. I guess I can wait another day. This will also be my first Elder scrolls game.

I just have the regular edition on order at GAMERUSH. I hope to get it tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm not a big RPG fan, but this just seems damn cool.

I Called my GS again this morning and they said chances are good that they will have it by 6-7 tonight. He said the manager's or the stores ( I have 4 GS and EB in 1 mile apart) are going to pick them up today and should be back at those times.

All the EB's / GS's here are saying tommorrow, unfortuantely.

I might hit up Wal-Mart sometime late tonight, and see if they got it, since their website says they expected it 3/20.

The hype for Oblivion hit me with the countdown videos. I am going to call Gamestop this afternoon to get some updates.

bread's done
Back