The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gen. Discussion & Info

A guy over at GameFAQs apparently picked his up from an EB in Indianapolis (sp?), he posted a picture to prove it.

http://matt.w32.net/proof.jpeg

And his gamertag:

MCurley.jpg

Isn't that something, his EB is selling it and the one in my area is not. Dam!
I called my local EB(West Palm Beach, FL) and they said tomorrow. Someobody call me a waaaaambulance, I was hoping there was a chance they might get it today but no soup for me until tomorrow. Dam!

Well today's video is the most worthless thing I've ever seen... but hopefully stores will actually have this tomorrow... the wait is pretty much unbearable.

So has everyone who preordered from Gamestop recieved their automated telephone message? I'm slightly worried since I haven't recieved mine yet. I also used my out of state cell phone as the number, and I hope that didn't mess it up at all.
I can't even call and check at my gamestop because they aren't answering the phones, either that or they're getting too many calls.

Edit: Well, I got a hold of them and they said they won't be getting it in until about noon tomorrow. I feel fairly sorry for them. They're probably getting swamped with calls (especially from the looks of some of the internet forums). Now I just need to decide whether to skip my afternoon classes tomorrow....

[quote name='A7las']So has everyone who preordered from Gamestop recieved their automated telephone message? I'm slightly worried since I haven't recieved mine yet. I also used my out of state cell phone as the number, and I hope that didn't mess it up at all.
I can't even call and check at my gamestop because they aren't answering the phones, either that or they're getting too many calls.

Edit: Well, I got a hold of them and they said they won't be getting it in until about noon tomorrow. I feel fairly sorry for them. They're probably getting swamped with calls (especially from the looks of some of the internet forums). Now I just need to decide whether to skip my afternoon classes tomorrow....[/quote]

I got my automated call yesterday around 4:00 CST.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I got my automated call yesterday around 4:00 CST.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I'll just show up tomorrow after 12pm and hope that everything goes ok.

i just ejaculated:

Thank you for ordering from EBgames.com. Your order has been shipped completely. The status and/or ship date for each item on your order is detailed below.

Here is the status of the item(s) you have ordered:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

To check the status online, click on the following link: https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccount/orderstatus/default.asp

Please note that a signature may be required for the delivery of any package where the value of the contents is greater than $400. If no one will be available to sign for this package, you may wish to make alternate delivery arrangements with the carrier. Also note that EBgames.com does not ship nor do we schedule deliveries for weekends or holidays. If your order shipped on a Thursday or Friday, delivery may not occur until Tuesday of the following week. Orders shipping to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses ship via USPS and may take additional time for delivery.

[quote name='AshesofWake']i just ejaculated:

Thank you for ordering from EBgames.com. Your order has been shipped completely. The status and/or ship date for each item on your order is detailed below.

Here is the status of the item(s) you have ordered:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

To check the status online, click on the following link: https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccount/orderstatus/default.asp

Please note that a signature may be required for the delivery of any package where the value of the contents is greater than $400. If no one will be available to sign for this package, you may wish to make alternate delivery arrangements with the carrier. Also note that EBgames.com does not ship nor do we schedule deliveries for weekends or holidays. If your order shipped on a Thursday or Friday, delivery may not occur until Tuesday of the following week. Orders shipping to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses ship via USPS and may take additional time for delivery.[/QUOTE]

YAY!
On a side note, CAG is slow as balls right now.

My EB got it in earlier this morning and has been selling it since. Unfortunately, I ordered through GameCrazy and will get it tomorrow at noon.

It's for the best, though. I have to wake up at 7am tomorrow, and tonight I wanted to watch a movie, as well as 24.

[quote name='Scorch']My EB got it in earlier this morning and has been selling it since. Unfortunately, I ordered through GameCrazy and will get it tomorrow at noon.

It's for the best, though. I have to wake up at 7am tomorrow, and tonight I wanted to watch a movie, as well as 24.[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy seems slow at times. In this case, it wasn't delayed from the instore date so it's not a problem, but the last two games I preordered from them they got them in a day after the instore date.

1 more day. can't wait for this.

Luckily I have work off tomorrow so after my morning classes I'm going to head to Comp USA and hope they have copies of the regular edition.

Well, I just got the call from the gamestop recording. Mine will be in tomorrow after noon. I pretty much figured this, but it's refreshing to get the call anyways.

I'll probably just wait to get this on Thursday when my Best Buy gets it. First of all, I have an unplayed copy of MGS3: Subsistance sitting on my shelf that's just begging me to play it. Secondly, if I buy it at Best Buy, I can use the 10% off coupon and get the CE for about $63 + tax.

It will assuredly eat me up inside though, so I'll try my hardest to resist coming to this thread and seeing the comments saying how badass this game is.

Yep, worth the wait.. There's so much to do in this game, I have no idea where to start. At the first town and mindlessly walking around exploring everything I can.

[quote name='mmn']Just got the call from Gamestop that it'll be available tomorrow "afternoon".[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. I have a small window of free time between 1pm and 210pm, so it better be there!

OMG OMG OMG this game is fuckING amazing! Guys I can't wait till you get to try it out and share with me the FUNNY ass things that happen in your game day to day life.

[quote name='Maynard']OMG OMG OMG this game is fuckING amazing! Guys I can't wait till you get to try it out and share with me the FUNNY ass things that happen in your game day to day life.[/quote]
ummm..
??

[quote name='Maynard']OMG OMG OMG this game is fuckING amazing! Guys I can't wait till you get to try it out and share with me the FUNNY ass things that happen in your game day to day life.[/quote]

Stop torturing me.

Minor complaint, they took out all shadowing off of objects, although its in the PC version, nothing huge though. Yeah game is amazing

[quote name='Maynard']Minor complaint, they took out all shadowing off of objects, although its in the PC version, nothing huge though. Yeah game is amazing[/QUOTE]

its actaully not in the PC version. They took soft shadows out of both versions because it consumed too much power.

[quote name='Maynard']Minor complaint, they took out all shadowing off of objects, although its in the PC version, nothing huge though. Yeah game is amazing[/QUOTE]

So the game actually did come together in terms of gameplay? This thing must be wicked awesome. Tomorrow has to be the day.

Glad I have an early class tomorrow - no class after 1130 and none until about 130 on Wednesday. Lots of Oblivion time.

I can't wait to set things on fire and throw buckets at deer.

[quote name='Scorch']Glad I have an early class tomorrow - no class after 1130 and none until about 130 on Wednesday. Lots of Oblivion time.

I can't wait to set things on fire and throw buckets at deer.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I hadn't considered throwing buckets at deer. I do want to go through with my serial killer act, but no magic -- just straight up knifing fools. Actually, I wonder what would happen if I killed somebody and then basically piled up all the bodies in the center of the town...

As much as I want to get this game ASAP though, I'm not about to cut classes for it... I guess I'm unworthy.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... I hadn't considered throwing buckets at deer. I do want to go through with my serial killer act, but no magic -- just straight up knifing fools. Actually, I wonder what would happen if I killed somebody and then basically piled up all the bodies in the center of the town...

As much as I want to get this game ASAP though, I'm not about to cut classes for it... I guess I'm unworthy.[/QUOTE]

I'd never cut classes for a game, that's just crazy.

I'm also going to paralyze a person and set her dog on fire. Then throw a bucket at the paralyzed person's head and see if it knocks them down the stairs.

I'll piss myself from laughing so hard if I can.

I hope I'm able to assemble a gang of tough guys to rough up the locals, collect protection money, spray-paint my name around town, and pull knives on any sucka who looks at me cock-eyed.

*sigh* maybe in Elder Scrolls V.

Man Started playing at 11 pm and its now 12:10 and I didn't do anything yet. I was tring to make the perfect Character and it took me over an hour lol. I'll post my thoughts more into the game later tonight.

[quote name='Scorch']The marathon for free:

mms://a812.l1165445721.c11654.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/812/11654/v0001/reflector:45721[/QUOTE]

nice I was just about to post that. it looks so awesome!

[quote name='Scorch']The marathon for free:

mms://a812.l1165445721.c11654.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/812/11654/v0001/reflector:45721[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'll watch this for a while, thanks.

I have class 10-1115 then Im off to CompUSA. Hopefully they get quite a few in and dont sell out before I get there. Unfortunately there is a snow storm supposidly coming and I cant get too far in my Mustang. Im praying it doesnt because I want to play some Oblivion:)

Well I Played through the first quest and all I can say so far is that this game is amazing. It's everything you liked about Morrowind but done better. The combat is good, the magic casting is awesome, and the bow and arrow is probably the best in any game i've ever played. The graphics are also top notch.

Now the framerate issue that concerned some people. Yes it is there. But It's not bad and you could hardly care about it. It hit me only 3 times which isn't bad.

This Is my new favorite 360 game.

Also am I correct in saying that in Morrowind your characters fatigue wore down as you ran? And it was affected by how much weight you were carrying? Running in TES:O doesn't affect your Fatigue at all which is great.

anyone pick up the massive (and expensive) guide? I think I'd rather use the money to get Metroid Prime Hunters.. A guide might be helpful for such a large game, though.

bread's done
Back