2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im back in gamestop talking to the manager now. Trust me i didnt steal anything and ive done the fingerprint many times already. No picture tho. But they are handling it since she didnt feel like it. As i said before she looked at me and sighed at me like here we go. Anyway everything is cleared up i have my days of play ps4 and a 25 dolla psn card and fallout 4.

I don't play sports titles, but I would imagine it is best to buy FIFA 19 as close to launch as possible, and then wait for a FIFA 18 fire sale for the world cup stuff.
Yeah, good point. Thanks.

10 of my games got stealth bumped. Only two titles dropped (Shadow of War, and The Evil Within 2).

Overall that equals to $36 more TIC, or 21.59% increase. Glad I waited.

I'm gonna cash in this weekend. Not gonna risk waiting until the next.
Damn, Evil Within 2 is one of the games I have (I just rushed through it this week to prepare it for trade-in).

I spent about 30$ there for 2 games other 6 I had not all 8 were from toysrus.

Persona 5 and metal gear survive

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere else, so apologies, but does the 40% bonus toward "Fortnite currency" work on just any Xbox live gift card? I want to stock up to buy Nier. Thanks!

Not sure if they're going to sell out instantly but Switch Gamecube controllers and adapters just came up for preorder at GS if anyone is interested.

If you have the b2g1 coupon then there’s quite a few decent boomerangs for this weekend with the 30% . Though if you don’t have it already then you’re not likely to get it before the “bump” period ends by renewing now.
There’s a few games that are boomerangs without needing the b2g1 though namely
bioshock the collection

Wow, I didn't get a chance to go yesterday and values of the games I have tanked even worse today. For example, COD:WWII dropped from $12 to $8 base. BF1 also dropped.

Never got my double points coupon, and after half an hour on hold was informed by the Rep that she couldn't find any info on said promo. Meanwhile, Gamestop posts about it on their Facebook page as we are speaking.

I'm about to do a huge trade-in and snag an XB1X while they're still 50% off, and I need that coupon. Made the preorder on the 13th.

Are there any other good to great flips from Redbox besides Hitman & RotTR (PS4)? All of St. Louis Redbox’s are sold out of Hitman on both systems & I need 1 more game to get to 50% bump if I buy RotTR.

I could put in Secret of Mana on PS4 but with that being a GS retail exclusive I’m worried about trading it for $2x TIC if it’s going to worth $40 or more down the road.

Edit: Found Rocket League, that will work.

Does GS still take HDMI cables for trade? I couldn't find them in the search and I've got 2 or 3 that need a new home.

I just traded in a bunch of accessories and 6 games. I picked up a $10 Nintendo eShop card to get 40% bonus on the accessories, but that knocked the games down to 40% instead of 50%. I only ended up losing a few dollars in trade credit, so not a big deal. I thought about trying 2 transactions as I thought the POS system might not do it right.

Anyway, I found a Bioshock the Collection Collector's Edition for PS4 for $150. Debating on keeping it or making some profit on it via eBay.

Thanks to whoever mentioned the wii sensor bar trade credit, I traded in both my Wii and Wii U sensor bars for $11.20 each after bonus.

I've had a cart full of items I've been trying to checkout for about 4 hours with no success. I hit the submit button and either nothing or it comes with encountered a problem and you have not been charged order not processed try again later. No wonder gamestop is going under I can't imagine how much money they've lost just this evening.
I just stopped buying online. I had maybe 5-6 transactions error yet take my money over two years and I finally realized I was the sucker when sitting on hold with customer service for 20 minutes for the fifth time. Never again.

Are there any other good to great flips from Redbox besides Hitman & RotTR (PS4)? All of St. Louis Redbox’s are sold out of Hitman on both systems & I need 1 more game to get to 50% bump if I buy RotTR.

I could put in Secret of Mana on PS4 but with that being a GS retail exclusive I’m worried about trading it for $2x TIC if it’s going to worth $40 or more down the road.

Edit: Found Rocket League, that will work.
Lego Worlds is another decent RB flip if you can find it (same as Tomb Raider)

I hate losing money on game trades I could probably offload for the same price on Facebook, but I guess I'll just have to roll it into switch games to boomerang later on. Can the double points coupon be used with this 50% promo and [more inportantly] b2g1 renewal coupon?

Lego Worlds is another decent RB flip if you can find it (same as Tomb Raider)
at least $5 gain for RB flips

Plants vs Zombies 2 XBX/PS4
Rocket League XBX/PS4
Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4
LEGO Worlds XBX/PS4
PES 2018 PS4
Hitman First Season XBX/PS4

If you don't know already, be careful removing those PS4 PvZ2 Redbox stickers.  The decal artwork under/around the sticker comes off easier than other games.  The XB1 game is fine, just the PS4 version.

Anyone use their double points coupon but it still shows on your account? Guy at gamestop said he scanned it when I traded in $475 worth of stuff but it's still in my account.

If you have the b2g1 coupon then there’s quite a few decent boomerangs for this weekend with the 30% . Though if you don’t have it already then you’re not likely to get it before the “bump” period ends by renewing now.
There’s a few games that are boomerangs without needing the b2g1 though namely
bioshock the collection
Thanks for the tip, I was dreading not having the 6th. Anyway
new copy of Prototype Bundle for PS4 is another nifty candidate for boomerang

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone use their double points coupon but it still shows on your account? Guy at gamestop said he scanned it when I traded in $475 worth of stuff but it's still in my account.
That's how mine is right now. I saw and heard the coupon scan, too. Strange.

The last time we had a double points coupon, I had the same issue. It was when did trade in only that they coupon would scan but wouldn't work. It only gave me double points on a purchase. Although some people called CS and had them add the points when they complained.

Not sure what the wording is on the one you guys have.
My dissapeared immediately. But the initial transaction has not appeared. Normally it appears the next day. Maybe it’s cause it’s saturday.

If you don't know already, be careful removing those PS4 PvZ2 Redbox stickers. The decal artwork under/around the sticker comes off easier than other games. The XB1 game is fine, just the PS4 version.
This happens more than I'd like with a few redbox games. The games work perfectly, but I still get refurb fees from most stores. I have to take these to specific stores that know better.

I've found that points are later sometimes when it's fri-sat-sun. And the double points might not show up right away. Did you do trade only or did you buy stuff?
Both. Picked up a preorder which was covered by the six games traded with additional credit going to my rewards card.

For the buy 4 for $10 on games $4.99 and under. Do they have to be >$5 base price or only when they are 4.99 at purchase. Im wondering if I could get a game that's more expensive but use a cert to lower it or after the elite pro discount.

For the buy 4 for $10 on games $4.99 and under. Do they have to be >$5 base price or only when they are 4.99 at purchase. Im wondering if I could get a game that's more expensive but use a cert to lower it or after the elite pro discount.
Only games that are 5 or less will quaify, anything higher would be discounted only by the certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back