2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the white GS exclusive Pro’s from the winter the 71xx models? Don’t know if I want to upgrade again as it’s super quiet, just hot to the touch after being on/standby for months.

Headset not needed, but you need the USB cable to connect the DualShock4 controller to the PS4 console.
What he said. ;) And be sure to get that extra 25%, though Im pretty sure it applies automatically. I think that promo ends on the 7th, but I have no idea if the current trade in value for PS4 will change before that. That's why I decided to just do it now. Its only been a day and Im already going through withdraw. Lol

Cool, thanks for the reply. What is needed for the PS4 trade? Console, Controller, AC Cord and HDMI? is the headset needed?

Headset not needed, but you need the USB cable to connect the DualShock4 controller to the PS4 console.
What he said. ;) And be sure to get that extra 25%, though Im pretty sure it applies automatically. I think that promo ends on the 7th, but I have no idea if the current trade in value for PS4 will change before that. Plus the PS4 Pro just had a $50 price dop in Japan, so Im assuming the US will soon follow, in which case the trade in value with for sure go down. That's why I decided to just do it now. Its only been a day and Im already going through withdraw. Lol

What he said. ;) And be sure to get that extra 25%, though Im pretty sure it applies automatically. I think that promo ends on the 7th, but I have no idea if the current trade in value for PS4 will change before that. Plus the PS4 Pro just had a $50 price dop in Japan, so Im assuming the US will soon follow, in which case the trade in value with for sure go down. That's why I decided to just do it now. Its only been a day and Im already going through withdraw. Lol
Hoping the value holds until tomorrow, wont have time until then. Also saw about the price drop in Japan and that made me think this could be the best trade value we will see besides some promo like the Arcade trade in stuff. Maybe by Black Friday they can drop to $349.99 or maybe include an extra game or two. Withdrawals are tough and more if you left a game right in he middle and wont get back to it until the end of the month, in my case Spider Man will have to take a vacation from his current adventures, but I have an X1X and just got Horizon 4 and AC:Odyssey this coming weekend so I will survive LOL.

So the trade in for PS4 Pro is $300 with the extra 25% right now? Going to do that if so.
Current promo ending on 10/07 better act quick!

I ordered a copy of Anima Gate of Memories Beyond Fantasy Edition and only received the standard game copy. Can I return the item or they might think I kept the other stuff if I return the game?

I ordered a copy of Anima Gate of Memories Beyond Fantasy Edition and only received the standard game copy. Can I return the item or they might think I kept the other stuff if I return the game?
You didn't get what you paid for. Return that shit and make them get it right.

Has anyone gotten word of a Thursday night release for WWE 2K19 and Super Mario Party? I need to give my store a call to confirm, but seems like it isn't happening since the big release this week was Assassin's Creed but it had that weird Tuesday early release.....

Thinking of trading in my Switch since the current TIV is pretty decent. Do I need to include the joy-con grip and the straps to trade it in?

Has anyone gotten word of a Thursday night release for WWE 2K19 and Super Mario Party? I need to give my store a call to confirm, but seems like it isn't happening since the big release this week was Assassin's Creed but it had that weird Tuesday early release.....
They should be doing a 9pm on thursday for regular Assassin's creed, and wwe 2k19 deluxe and CE. The mario party would be store open friday since it's a 12 am release.

I just got an email for Super Mario Party from GameStop and on the bottom it has this:

5916a7d7c25e717696b6213b8ac1ceb1.png

Is the $5 extra for Switch games new? It’s not online and it’s the first I’ve heard of it.

They should be doing a 9pm on thursday for regular Assassin's creed, and wwe 2k19 deluxe and CE. The mario party would be store open friday since it's a 12 am release.
Awesome! I will call my store to confirm tonight! I also forgot that Nintendo is crazy and weird. I'd pick Super Mario Party up alongside WWE, but since Nintendo likes to be difficult, I will probably just hold off a bit since I won't be playing it right away anyway.

There are a very limited amount of GS locations staying open for Mario Party totally dependent on preorders so you may want to check.

Definitely would like to know more about that extra $5 for Switch games.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Got a laugh today. Went in to pick up Life is Strange Before the Storm today and the guy in front of me was cancelling his order on one of the 1up cabinets and the associate was pretty salty. I asked the guy afterwards and he said he only did it because he dumped an og One and cancelled for the high trade value  :p. My home store is Prestige so they'll do anything for customer service.

There are a very limited amount of GS locations staying open for Mario Party totally dependent on preorders so you may want to check.
Yeah, I doubt my store will stay open till midnight for it. Even if they were though I can't imagine Super Mario Party having a big turn-out at midnight. I'd walk out the door with it if Nintendo would let them sell it at 9 pm with WWE and Assassin's Creed, but I am fine with saving $60 and picking it up later.

Hope they do this Red Dead Redemption.
Red Dead will absolutely have a late night release. Very good chance RDR2 will break sales records.

I was going to trade in stuff toward a new controller or game, but values tanked again today compared to yesterday or the day before. Hoping for different trade bonuses soon that I can use.

Welp. PS4 Pro 500 Million was in stock on GS for about 2 seconds as of this post. Soon as I added to cart website crashed. Now it's out of stock lol

You guys got me thinking about trading my pro for the bundle. I have a launch unit that sounds like the space shuttle taking off when I play some games. Would love a quieter unit. Problem is I'd rather have RDR2 for my Xbox one X and bask in the native 4k goodness.

Trade my pro for the bundle, then trade in my PS4 version and buy the Xbox one? Hmm probably not worth it...

You guys got me thinking about trading my pro for the bundle. I have a launch unit that sounds like the space shuttle taking off when I play some games. Would love a quieter unit. Problem is I'd rather have RDR2 for my Xbox one X and bask in the native 4k goodness.

Trade my pro for the bundle, then trade in my PS4 version and buy the Xbox one? Hmm probably not worth it...
I too want RDR2 on the X, will probably try and sell it first locally to see if I can get a bit more but if no takers within a week I will just trade and get the X version, will for sure have the 30 guaranteed trade and got a couple old games to trade, or maybe I will just get some XBL credit and wait for a slight discount fir digital on Black Friday or Christmas? hhmmm..

Has anyone ever had issues returning "retro" games in store?

I did the b2g1 on GC games and they sent me a dupe copy of Viewtiful Joe 2, as opposed to 1 and 2. I called my local store to ask about the return, but the dude who answered must be new (the place definitely has a revolving door employment feel) because he said he didn't know/would go check and then I waited for him to come back for 10 minutes before hanging up.

So I went to trade in a PS4 Pro today and wanted to add the $300 to my existing credit on my PRO Card, the system refused and they had to give me a separate gift card, the associate did not know there was a limit to add to a card, with that transaction I was going over 1k in trade credit, is that the limit per card? Associate thinks it is maybe $999, I hate having separate cards and will be bringing my other PS4 tomorrow.

So I went to trade in a PS4 Pro today and wanted to add the $300 to my existing credit on my PRO Card, the system refused and they had to give me a separate gift card, the associate did not know there was a limit to add to a card, with that transaction I was going over 1k in trade credit, is that the limit per card? Associate thinks it is maybe $999, I hate having separate cards and will be bringing my other PS4 tomorrow.
Yes, $1k is the limit per gift card.

Yes the limit is $1000.

I had spiderman preordered at my local gamestop.   on the app it no longer shows it being there.   not even under  "not picked up"  i wonder if its still in their POA

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back