2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is a generic code on receipt that can be used multiple times the reciept says it expires on the 28th does it mean we have to use it on the 27th

seems like a decent credit mover buy a copy use generic code rinse and repeat till you move the credit you want
You should have until end of business on Sunday the 28th as that would be 48 hours from it’s street date.

I just did the Days Gone deal. I used $60 worth of PUR certs and also got the B2G1 on the same transaction. On the receipt, it says that you need the receipt to be able to trade in Days Gone even though it is a generic code. We will see how this goes tomorrow because the price of Days Gone came out to zero on my receipt and no tax since I used PUR certs.
What value PUR certs did you use? I was just asking if the certs would apply to Days Gone to convert it to credit in 48hrs without it applying to the b2g1 games. Maybe I should use a $50, 25, 15 and take care of DG and b2g1 at same time?

What value PUR certs did you use? I was just asking if the certs would apply to Days Gone to convert it to credit in 48hrs without it applying to the b2g1 games. Maybe I should use a $50, 25, 15 and take care of DG and b2g1 at same time?
The "$xx off one item" certs would apply to Days Gone and "$xx off one preowned item" certs would apply to whatever you got for the B2G1, but be careful since you could waste the latter coupons (e.g., buying three $54.99 games and using a $15 off cert would make one game $39.99 and the free game, which would have been free without the coupon, so you waste the coupon in that scenario).

I used a $10 and $50 cert (new item cert) to cover Days Gone and I used trade credit to pay for my B2G1 games. The Days Gone was zeroed out when I used the cert so I did not have to pay tax on it.

Most likely if you use your points to pay for days gone and going back to trade is a different transaction. So you should get the full 59.99 credit back. But would like someone to confirm.

Soulcalibur VI should roughly be an equal mover. On sale for $19.99 and gets $22.10 Elite trade in California.
Found a better game actually. Pokemon Lets Go is 36.99 after GCU and I should be able to get 42.50 for each copy after 50% from the promo and 20% from Elite

Found a better game actually. Pokemon Lets Go is 36.99 after GCU and I should be able to get 42.50 for each copy after 50% from the promo and 20% from Elite
Nice. But that means Soul Calibur VI would be $15.99+ tax too (after gcu).

Perhaps after tax the better option is still Soul Calibur VI? GL either way.

I used a $10 and $50 cert (new item cert) to cover Days Gone and I used trade credit to pay for my B2G1 games. The Days Gone was zeroed out when I used the cert so I did not have to pay tax on it.
I should have done this. Did not realize that the preorder deposit was taken off after the full tax amount was calculated. I used to $50 cert since I had $5 on it already for the preorder. They charged tax on the full $59.99 then deducted the $5. I also picked up 3 switch games for the B2G1 so my $5 preorder would have come off of those. You live and you learn.

I should have done this. Did not realize that the preorder deposit was taken off after the full tax amount was calculated. I used to $50 cert since I had $5 on it already for the preorder. They charged tax on the full $59.99 then deducted the $5. I also picked up 3 switch games for the B2G1 so my $5 preorder would have come off of those. You live and you learn.
That is wack. I typically only get charged tax on the remaining amount for non-preorders.

Is it worth for me to call customer service to have points from my MK11 pre-order pickup added? I forgot to update the phone number associated with my Elite Pro account and forgot to have my card scanned.

The active offer coupons are set to show up 4/29, but it’s uncertain if buying both Days and MK will fuck it up and only give you one coupon. They also say the coupon is active for “a limited time” not expiring the same day like some people here thought .

The active offer coupons are set to show up 4/29, but it’s uncertain if buying both Days and MK will fuck it up and only give you one coupon. They also say the coupon is active for “a limited time” not expiring the same day like some people here thought .
I hear ya, but getting 2 B2G1’s from one transaction is pretty generous from GameStop. 4 would be excellent, but just 3 ain’t bad considering you can trade Days Gone in for $59.99.

So I've only played about an hour of days gone and I don't see where all this hate is coming from. Is it a 10? No. But it certainly isn't a 5/10. So far it's an 8 but again I've only played an hour. I feel bad for Sony Bend that they seem to be getting some harsh critics. But Sony has put out some top quality exclusives lately and this is a notch below for sure but it's not an awful game by any means.

So I've only played about an hour of days gone and I don't see where all this hate is coming from. Is it a 10? No. But it certainly isn't a 5/10. So far it's an 8 but again I've only played an hour. I feel bad for Sony Bend that they seem to be getting some harsh critics. But Sony has put out some top quality exclusives lately and this is a notch below for sure but it's not an awful game by any means.
I got an hour in, too. Seems good.

I think some people have set their expectation to have their mind blown at every AAA headline exclusive PS4 game, and this is a grim game with mechanics that some people are tired of.

I'll probably play another hour before deciding whether to trade it in or not.

my personal opinion 7 hours in trading in today it sucks missions repeat the same objective stealth is almost always required if playing on hard easy maybe not the guns are not that great and finding out a enemy bugged when trying to clear a camp is annouing I killed all but one guy who I had to search for for 10 mintues he glitched ran in place could not turn the corner not to mention the bike controls are fine but fixing it getting gas my god the tedium of it all I dont have as much time to play as well so that did not help plus going to hope Rage 2 is better I did like the Nero shots for upgrades and stealth killing a camp of 6 10 18 guys was great

my personal opinion 7 hours in trading in today it sucks missions repeat the same objective stealth is almost always required if playing on hard easy maybe not the guns are not that great and finding out a enemy bugged when trying to clear a camp is annouing I killed all but one guy who I had to search for for 10 mintues he glitched ran in place could not turn the corner not to mention the bike controls are fine but fixing it getting gas my god the tedium of it all I dont have as much time to play as well so that did not help plus going to hope Rage 2 is better I did like the Nero shots for upgrades and stealth killing a camp of 6 10 18 guys was great
Was the game also missing punctuation?

Re: Days gone
I've played about 3 hours so far and have enjoyed it. Stealth kills of freakers and other gangs is fun. Also cleared out a few nests. I will enjoy it until Sunday and then trade it back in. It's a fun game, but not exceptional- I don't understand all the hate either. 8/10. Will get back to more enjoyable games including RE2 and tryíng for RDR2 100%. Great gamestop promo- 20% TIV boost, free game rental and b2g1 pre-owned. Not too shabby!!

So can we confirm that if you use certs you get back the full amount in trade credit? Usually they have issues doing returns and stuff when you use certs and you end up losing them.
I can confirm that you get full trade credit back when using certs to buy Days Gone. I just went in this morning and did the trade in with no problem. Just be ready to answer questions on why you did not like the game.

I can confirm that you get full trade credit back when using certs to buy Days Gone. I just went in this morning and did the trade in with no problem. Just be ready to answer questions on why you did not like the game.
I hate this, they grilled me the other day when I traded in sekiro. It's been a month, I beat it, isn't this what this place is for? It would be hilarious if you told them that you liked the game but just wanted a free rental.

I returned a sealed MK 11 premium edition and one of the games from the b2g1 coupon, and got cash back? I paid in credit for the transaction though.Is this because of the same cash/credit promotion?

I returned a sealed MK 11 premium edition and one of the games from the b2g1 coupon, and got cash back? I paid in credit for the transaction though.Is this because of the same cash/credit promotion?
No this is the employee just doing the return incorrectly. You got lucky. This has happened to me once or twice over the years.

Someone mentioned to me the base time it takes for points to be added is 72 hours. When is the right time to contact them for missing points? Been almost 5 days for me.

Yesterday I got promo 25560 or something, 2 Vita games under $15 and $6 got taken off one making then $8 each. Anyone know what this promo is and what it applies to?

Yesterday I got promo 25560 or something, 2 Vita games under $15 and $6 got taken off one making then $8 each. Anyone know what this promo is and what it applies to?
sounds like the current $2 for $20 games <$15 promo + elite
applies to any preowned games under $15 in-store

Thanks. I bought one last night and am returning it today. I watched a video of the opening gameplay so I'll be ready for questions.

One more question, do I need to return it to the same store I bought it from? Or can it be a different store?
Any store, code for the trade in should be printed on the receipt

I hate this, they grilled me the other day when I traded in sekiro. It's been a month, I beat it, isn't this what this place is for? It would be hilarious if you told them that you liked the game but just wanted a free rental.
I had the same thing happen with Sekiro. It turns out he was just a fan of the game and wanted to know what I didn't like about it, but at first I thought he was accusing me of stealing it or something.

Thanks. I bought one last night and am returning it today. I watched a video of the opening gameplay so I'll be ready for questions.

One more question, do I need to return it to the same store I bought it from? Or can it be a different store?
It's not a return, it's a trade in. The bonus promo is $32.99 to make it $59.99 trade in credit. The trade in value with out the receipt coupon code is $27.

It's not a bad game by any means, however, it is yet another cookie cutter open world game. Crafting and upgrading weapons was fun in the Tomb Raider reboot, one of the first games I remember playing that had those concepts, but it's sort of been done to death since then. 10 years ago this game would have received more acclaim.

I called GS customer service to have the points from my MK11 pre-order pickup added to my account. Much to my surprise I wasn't on hold forever and a day before talking to a rep. She found the transaction on her end and added the points. Now just a matter of seeing if the B2G1 free coupon tied to the purchase shows up in my active offers.

Someone mentioned to me the base time it takes for points to be added is 72 hours. When is the right time to contact them for missing points? Been almost 5 days for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back