The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

I AM A WINRAR MAH FRIENDDDDSSSS...
...AND I'LL KEEP ON PWNIN' TILL THE ENNNDDDD...
I AM A WINRAR, I AM A WINRAR, NO TIIIIIME FOR SIIIIIF FAIL
CAUSE I AM A WINRARRRRRR... OF TEH CONTESSSTTTT.

_>

You saw nothing.

As for the Wii contest I was told from a clerk when I made a purchase that as long as it's a $25 or more purchase credit counts toward an entry. Ask Warner to be sure.

[quote name='io']The Edge card can only hold trade-in credit and then when you purchase something using it you do not get charged sales tax. [/quote]

This is definitely dependent on your state. In Ohio you are charged sales tax on every purchase, regardless of how you purchase it.

[quote name='daminion']This is definitely dependent on your state. In Ohio you are charged sales tax on every purchase, regardless of how you purchase it.[/quote]

Unfortunately this is something I can confirm because Ohio sucks. ._.'

[quote name='stone1061']I know this should go in it's own thread but I have to get this off my chest. It's only blockbuster related for purpose of looking for stuff to flip but there is a certain gamestop in New Jersey that has a lot of signs in their windows stating.....
BUY 2 GET 1 FREE ON ALL USED GAMES!!!
When i just drove by the were obviously closed, and I won't get there til tomorrow evening.
It's a new store that is always empty when i go there, so i guess they are in need of some business. I'll be taking my perfect storm credit there tomorrow.
New Gamestop in New Jersey. Let the lurchers figure it out.[/quote]
Are you talking about the one on Rt. 46 where that KB Toys used to be? I drove by there yesterday too, and noticed a giant sign on the window, but inside it looked dark and empty...not sure what the deal is with that!

I wish my store had a B2G1 Free sale....they usually have some decent new releases there. Oh well. I'm sure it is store specific for the NJ guy.
:imwithst:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gi60']Who's here calling BBV for TIV yesterday at Fountain Valley BBV? Can you just trust this CAG list that Io's and other put together?

This guy/girl is calling asking TIV for the same game that I'm about to trade... 5 out of 5, all on top 5 tiv ratio. Make me look suspicious.... !!![/quote]

So another OC flipper shows themselves, are you the hoarder who cleared out every GS store in a 15 mile radius who I seemed to be 1 step behind the entire weekend. For you to have the top 5 games from the list you would have had to be amazingly lucky.

You had better watch yourself at that BB, the manager just changed and she's got a great memory. I almost shit my pants when I walked in friday night to be greeted by my first name. The manager remembers me from the Stanton store where I traded infrequently. The previous assistant manager actually asked me about flipping just the week before quoting CAG. I've stuck religiously to the 1 copy doctrine, which is why I suspect I've experienced no trouble, but when managers remember you doing the same thing at other stores, they are bound to start to wonder.

[quote name='yuy104']Are you talking about the one on Rt. 46 where that KB Toys used to be? I drove by there yesterday too, and noticed a giant sign on the window, but inside it looked dark and empty...not sure what the deal is with that![/quote]
Neptune City.

going to call shortly and see if Escape from Bug Island still gets $20

in other news..NO MORE HEROES (WII) is only $19.99 now! So I threw in a pre-order of Iron Man (2-disc) Blu-Ray and qualified myself to win a Wii! Joy :whistle2:D

[quote name='asthmatic']Try calling new york block busters. youve been flooding this thread always asking for TIV[/quote]
No I haven't. I always ask when I post something else with info.

Do games that sell for $30 usually get $15 credit?

[quote name='stoned99']So another OC flipper shows themselves, are you the hoarder who cleared out every GS store in a 15 mile radius who I seemed to be 1 step behind the entire weekend. For you to have the top 5 games from the list you would have had to be amazingly lucky.

You had better watch yourself at that BB, the manager just changed and she's got a great memory. I almost shit my pants when I walked in friday night to be greeted by my first name. The manager remembers me from the Stanton store where I traded infrequently. The previous assistant manager actually asked me about flipping just the week before quoting CAG. I've stuck religiously to the 1 copy doctrine, which is why I suspect I've experienced no trouble, but when managers remember you doing the same thing at other stores, they are bound to start to wonder.[/quote]

I got the games at work in Long Beach area and traded at FV on the way home to Newport... since I know we can't find games anymore in OC.. :)

some wii tradins values at bbv for monday

bust a move bash 23
f4:rotss 16
Dancing with the stars 26
artic tale 13
Bug Island 20
DBZ (the one listed above) 26

Don't think anything moved today. BTW these are values from actual trade ins not given over the phone

hmm so yeah i went in a BB near my house to trade in BaMB, Pharaoh, and Carnival games all for WII and guess what? The clerk looked at me with weir look in her face and then asked me : "So where do you get these games?" I just told her i bought them. I really feel insulted by keep being keep asking this question after that F4 trade in. Alot of them treat me like thief now even though I talked to the district manager about it. Only one store that never question me is the one I traded in while the DM was there -_-.

[quote name='Bezerker']Strange about Boom Blox, I bought a copy yesterday and it rang up at $39.99. Was it past midnight est when you went IO?
[/QUOTE]

It may have been but I didn't have it scanned - they simply had it tagged $44.99. Like I said, they had a lot of other games tagged with new tags (that were clearly placed over the old ones) that were $5 more. If anyone goes in today it would be interesting to see if the prices have really gone up (via an actual scan). I had just looked at all those games Saturday and they had the lower prices on them then. So something spurred them to retag everything at some point Sunday - it would be odd if that was a mistake.

[quote name='daminion']This is definitely dependent on your state. In Ohio you are charged sales tax on every purchase, regardless of how you purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Well, my point was that Blockbuster doesn't handle it correctly in any case. I know they give tax on trade-ins in some states (like Virginia) but it seems like they ought to do that in Arizona too, but they didn't. That is, since GS doesn't charge tax on Edge card purchases (in AZ that is) then either Blockbuster shouldn't charge tax on Value card purchases or they should give you tax on trade-ins to make up for that. They seem to be inconsistent even with regards to state law.

Okay, I have a battery pack problem that I can't seem to find any solution for.

I bought my 360 earlier this year. At the time of purchase I picked up a white Play and Charge kit. About a week later, I bought a pink battery. Another month or so after that, I bought a black controller/Play and Charge bundle.

For three months from the purchase of my 360 everything was good. Then, within a week of each other, all three of my batteries stop holding a charge. They went from being able to last for eight hour gaming sessions to nothing. When I plug the charge cable into the controller the red light is on for about three seconds, then it turns to green. When I unplug the charge cable the battery indicator (in the profile blade) sinks from four bars to three to two to one in about five seconds, and then the controller powers off.

I've tried swapping the batteries between controllers, using different Play and Charge cables, and charging them through my PC and Mac. Same results. The contacts are clean on the batteries and none of them have been used very heavily, just an occasional game of Worms or sinking a lot of hours into Dead Rising once in a while.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, I'd really appreciate some help! The MS tech support people have not been very helpful.

Just got off the phone with Blockbuster Corporate...I asked the rep. if I can use Value Cards to buy Giftcards in a store. She put me on hold to investigate, then came back on to tell me I can't because policy states that Value Cards can only be used for DVD purchases. I asked her where I can find the policy since I wanted to use the credit on blockbuster.com and VCs can't be used, so more putting on hold.

She came back and apologized saying she's reading the policy and it states I can use it towards purchases of giftcards, merchandise, DVD rentals, etc. She also mentioned that if I have any trouble getting the giftcards in stores, I can ask the store to call Customer Service and they can clarify.

[quote name='yuy104']Just got off the phone with Blockbuster Corporate...I asked the rep. if I can use Value Cards to buy Giftcards in a store. She put me on hold to investigate, then came back on to tell me I can't because policy states that Value Cards can only be used for DVD purchases. I asked her where I can find the policy since I wanted to use the credit on blockbuster.com and VCs can't be used, so more putting on hold.

She came back and apologized saying she's reading the policy and it states I can use it towards purchases of giftcards, merchandise, DVD rentals, etc. She also mentioned that if I have any trouble getting the giftcards in stores, I can ask the store to call Customer Service and they can clarify.[/quote]

So can you use value cards (yellow ones) on Blockbuster.com to buy DVDs/Blu-rays

[quote name='sandaz93']So can you use value cards (yellow ones) on Blockbuster.com to buy DVDs/Blu-rays[/quote]

No. You buy Gift Cards w/ the Value Cards. And then use The Gift Cards online. I did that yesterday to order Spaced.

Quick question for you more experienced traders. I have no problem trading in to my local BBV, which is about 4 blocks from my place. The manager seems to know that I "flip" and doesn't care, never bothers me about it. Most likely because he's a gamer himself.

Anyways, my question is do all Blockbuster's use the same system when trading in games? My friend tries to trade in some of the EXACT same games I do at his local BBV and the guy there says "Sorry, not in the system". This guy is kind of an a-hole sometimes when we go in and try to ask for TIV's or anything of the sort when it comes to trading in. I know the games have to be in some system because I'm trading in literally the same games he is, only at the store closer to my place. Anyone have any thoughts/ideas on what's going on?

[quote name='stoned99']So another OC flipper shows themselves, are you the hoarder who cleared out every GS store in a 15 mile radius who I seemed to be 1 step behind the entire weekend. For you to have the top 5 games from the list you would have had to be amazingly lucky.

You had better watch yourself at that BB, the manager just changed and she's got a great memory. I almost shit my pants when I walked in friday night to be greeted by my first name. The manager remembers me from the Stanton store where I traded infrequently. The previous assistant manager actually asked me about flipping just the week before quoting CAG. I've stuck religiously to the 1 copy doctrine, which is why I suspect I've experienced no trouble, but when managers remember you doing the same thing at other stores, they are bound to start to wonder.[/QUOTE]

This hoarder didn't manage to get everything. I was able to find a trio of games at a GS in Orange. Stopped in after a movie and was surprised to find them still on the shelves. Stoned, good advice on cautioning other caggers in the area. It's very possible that a few can ruin it for the rest. I also make sure to stick to the 1 copy trade.

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']Quick question for you more experienced traders. I have no problem trading in to my local BBV, which is about 4 blocks from my place. The manager seems to know that I "flip" and doesn't care, never bothers me about it. Most likely because he's a gamer himself.

Anyways, my question is do all Blockbuster's use the same system when trading in games? My friend tries to trade in some of the EXACT same games I do at his local BBV and the guy there says "Sorry, not in the system". This guy is kind of an a-hole sometimes when we go in and try to ask for TIV's or anything of the sort when it comes to trading in. I know the games have to be in some system because I'm trading in literally the same games he is, only at the store closer to my place. Anyone have any thoughts/ideas on what's going on?[/quote]

I would tell your friend to remember the guy's name and just ask when he's not working. Or call the store first to see if said person is working too.

Then, when he's not there, trade away. As long as you guys aren't doing anything idiotic (like trading in 3 of the same title all on one transaction) you should be ok.

[quote name='stone1061']I know this should go in it's own thread but I have to get this off my chest. It's only blockbuster related for purpose of looking for stuff to flip but there is a certain gamestop in New Jersey that has a lot of signs in their windows stating.....
BUY 2 GET 1 FREE ON ALL USED GAMES!!!
When i just drove by the were obviously closed, and I won't get there til tomorrow evening.
It's a new store that is always empty when i go there, so i guess they are in need of some business. I'll be taking my perfect storm credit there tomorrow.
New Gamestop in New Jersey. Let the lurchers figure it out.[/quote]

stay the fuck away from my GameStop

Nah seriously I can walk there from my Shore house...are you the dude who grabbed Escape from Bug Island?

i think this wasn't mentioned by anyone but if it was sorry for the repeat but

TIV for Cabela's Big Game Hunter for the Wii is $23
it is 17.99 at gs before discount

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']i think this wasn't mentioned by anyone but if it was sorry for the repeat but

TIV for Cabela's Big Game Hunter for the Wii is $23
it is 17.99 at gs before discount[/quote]

Thank you, that nets you $12-$13 profit, depending if your BBV add's Tax to your trade ins

[quote name='Unickuta']stay the fuck away from my GameStop

Nah seriously I can walk there from my Shore house...are you the dude who grabbed Escape from Bug Island?[/quote]
Yup.

quick, question? what do you guy do with BBV credit? just buy new thing? cus i'm having a hard time find stuff there and hard to transfer back to GS too

[quote name='leung19']quick, question? what do you guy do with BBV credit? just buy new thing? cus i'm having a hard time find stuff there and hard to transfer back to GS too[/QUOTE]

I'm getting SOCOM w/headset PS3, Gears of War 3, Fable II and either Star Wars Force Unleashed or Fallout 3.

[quote name='leung19']quick, question? what do you guy do with BBV credit? just buy new thing? cus i'm having a hard time find stuff there and hard to transfer back to GS too[/QUOTE]

I buy milk duds.

[quote name='leung19']quick, question? what do you guy do with BBV credit? just buy new thing? cus i'm having a hard time find stuff there and hard to transfer back to GS too[/quote]

Yea im having the same problem. Can't find a wii in my area to save my life, guess i have to catch them on Wednesdays. I also went to look for Rock Band for 360 at my local store and they had all the other versions except that one. Makes you wanna appreciate buy one get one free sales.

[quote name='gi60']I got the games at work in Long Beach area and traded at FV on the way home to Newport... since I know we can't find games anymore in OC.. :)[/quote]

Hey, I also live in the oc, but I didnt clear out everything. Just south coast plaza and segerstrom

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke down today and actually pre-ordered a game for the first time in a LOOOOONG time(since God Of War II on PS2, but that was only to get some penny guides @ a Gamestop, ended up leaving the $5 deposit thre).

I dropped a full pre-order on Mercenaries 2 for PS3 earlier at my closest BBV using my $85 or so in credit. The total was like $63 and change. Mind you, from buying cheap games to flip, it only cost me about $20-25 out of pocket for that PO.

Thanks IO and everyone who helps keep this thread going with current TIV's.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Mercs 2's release date is on a SUNDAY(August 31st)?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I broke down today and actually pre-ordered a game for the first time in a LOOOOONG time(since God Of War II on PS2, but that was only to get some penny guides @ a Gamestop, ended up leaving the $5 deposit thre).

I dropped a full pre-order on Mercenaries 2 for PS3 earlier at my closest BBV using my $85 or so in credit. The total was like $63 and change. Mind you, from buying cheap games to flip, it only cost me about $20-25 out of pocket for that PO.

Thanks IO and everyone who helps keep this thread going with current TIV's.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Mercs 2's release date is on a SUNDAY(August 31st)?[/quote]

Yep I think Guitar Hero Rock or Aerosmith was on a sunday also, they usually get them in earlier the week before and just cant sell them till sunday

That's unusual though, since I always thought they did releases only on Tuesdays or Fridays. I just hope that Mercs 2 doesn't get pushed back again, since I think it was knocked back once or twice already.

[quote name='leung19']quick, question? what do you guy do with BBV credit? just buy new thing? cus i'm having a hard time find stuff there and hard to transfer back to GS too[/quote]

Right now I buy cheap Wii games and my wife buys previously viewed movies with the credit on my card. I'll probably pick up a few more games to flip to pay off my Force Unleashed preorder as well before the sale ends. Not really looking too hard at the moment to transfer stuff back to GS since the stuff is getting scarce around here. However one BBV near me restocked on their 360 games and now have a ton of mispriced titles ripe for the picking in the event of a B1G1 sometime in the future.

Bah, my first net loss in a while. Target dropped Kane & Lynch (PS3) down to $20. So i figure $20 -> $30 is good enough. WRONG. K&L for PS3 & 360 has dropped to $25 used at BB, so it trades for $16. Its only $5.40 loss after taxes, so im not too stressed, lord knows ive made enough money not to complain about $5. I did find a complete Super Smash Bros Melee for $15, which I will flip for $14 at GS (almost even trade) so I can buy more GS flips.

As confirmed in the last page, Code Lyoko is still $23.

[quote name='Bezerker']K&L for PS3 & 360 has dropped to $25 used at BB, so it trades for $16.quote]

Yeah, i found that out today too....also harry potter for ps3 at bb went down to 13.00 from 16.00. still made out ahead, but not as good margin as before.

I tried to fix my NAT earlier, hoping to change it from moderate to open. I followed directions from TeamXbox.com to the letter, and it not only didn't work, but it fucked up my computer royally. The thing wouldn't even recognize the ability to connect to the internet. I

After spending 3 and a half hours on the phone with Verizon, I'm NEVER trying that again. Moderate it is!

Was going to pick up a few Wii games to trade but the 4 games showing as in-stock online for this store were all gone. I guess someone beat me to it. In any case, he probably was so caught up in snagging all the flippable Wii games, he missed the SST that was available. Grabbed that and traded it in for $20.

TIV:
SST (PS3) - $20 (not sure if it went down today or yesterday. still a decent flip.)

i'm pretty sure this was answered in the thread but i think it was the older ones. but

if we wanted to keep a rental copy of a video game, whats the process on it again?
i already asked them if i could just buy it used and they were like no.
so i'm ready to rent it and let them charge me for the keep it price but i don't want them to charge my credit card and want to use my value card. is there a way to do that? is it possible to put money from the value card onto my account so they take it from there?

thanks

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']i'm pretty sure this was answered in the thread but i think it was the older ones. but

if we wanted to keep a rental copy of a video game, whats the process on it again?
i already asked them if i could just buy it used and they were like no.
so i'm ready to rent it and let them charge me for the keep it price but i don't want them to charge my credit card and want to use my value card. is there a way to do that? is it possible to put money from the value card onto my account so they take it from there?

thanks[/quote]

Yes. You can request that your store transfer the amount of your card to your account as store credit, but they'll more than likely bitch and moan or deny it's even possible. It's much easier to talk them into selling the game used again. If the particular manager of that location refused then you're much better off moving on to another one. Most of the time they shouldn't care less about it. After all by buying it used you're saving them time (and yourself money) charging you more than what they'd probably let it go for anyway.

If you hadn't discussed it with a manager then give it a shot or approach a different one later in the week.

On a totally unrelated note I'm glad my picky ass decided to return the GoW I bought last week because I couldn't find a manual for it. $40 for a copy of a used game without one is ridiculous. I ended up applying the credit + $10 more for Ratchet & Clank ToD and because of the upcoming TRU B1G1 half off sale w/ 20% coupon I couldn't be happier right now.

Well... I'd be estatic if I had that... meh. Be patient Ink. Be patient. :(

bread's done
Back