The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

OK, I just updated the OP with the complete "featured" preorder list from the Aug 25 - Aug 31 eMAP. Just in case anyone is interested, the new additions (as they are highlighted on the MAP) are Pure for 360 and PS3, Midnight Club LA for 360 and PS3, Little Big Planet, and all of the Guitar Hero World Tour Bundles (all 3 versions for all the consoles: PS2, PS3, 360, Wii).

Why in the freaking world they won't put Viva Pinata 2, Wario Land Shake It, or Animal Crossing on there I have no idea (none of those are even in the system at all).

I just got my replacement Xbox 360 back, and of course even after following the steps, my downloaded games still require me to be signed into LIVE to access. :(

Probably a stupid question but with MS you never know, so... All games I download from now on will be licensed to this NEW system right, so I won't have any DRM issues..?

[quote name='io']
And finally... My little local store informed me that they are doing a midnight launch for Star Wars Force Unleashed and giving away one of the large Darth Vader Unleashed figures as a raffle for those who preorder and show up at midnight to get it. [/quote]

I hope my store does this, at the last midnight launch (Soul Calibur 4) I was the only person there. I'd say that does pretty well for my raffle chances ;-)

[quote name='io']....potential of being banned for buying and trading in their very own games (always a risky thing).[/quote]

This was the only DBZ3 that had the bonus disc that I couldn't get Blockbuster to take. I only bought 3 DBZ3's and the store where I got this deal is nowhere near where I bought any of them.
I figured i could return it and get the $11 back I 'paid' for it or try this deal and make $9.
Also in the fine print Gamestop deals state "subject to manager approval", so I was expecting them to not accept it since the value of DBZ3 and WWE 08 had both dropped since this deal started.

So I was going to wait and see if that rumored B1G1 sale actually happens this weekend, but I just checked GS.com and the trade 5 get 30% promo ends 8/31. Which means I'll have to do all my running around in one day (not impossible, just a little annoying) in order to build my GS credit back up.

You know, blockbuster might get some more business if they would stop making us wait till fridays for releases.

I just called to see if they had Mario Super Sluggers in. And of course they don't.

[quote name='confoosious']You know, blockbuster might get some more business if they would stop making us wait till fridays for releases.[/QUOTE]

While it would be nice, I think the people that buy games regularly get them at other places. Heck, I would be buying the games somewhere else (GS likely) if it were not for the flipping opportunities at BBV.

[quote name='animemaniac14']does anyone know how much Bully: Scholarship Edition for the 360 is at BBV?[/quote]

from checkin last week it was $19 & some change

Found 2 used Prof Laytons today. One had the ds case but no cover art, the other had the cover art but on a generic blockbuster case. :bomb:
Did get a Pokemon and Metal Slug wii. Will go back and get a used Prof Layton and Golden compass and some gum to get over $25 at another store tomorrow. Then just need one filler to flip back to GS.

Big TIV board was updated at Blockbuster.

iconxbox360.gif

Madden 09 $35
Tiger Woods 09 35
Soul Caliber IV 35

iconps3.gif

Madden 09 $36
Tiger Woods 09 36
Soul Caliber IV 36

iconwii.gif

Mario Super Sluggers $30 (didn't this come out today?)
Madden 09 $30

I doubt any of these are on 'sale' anywhere to flip but maybe if someone bought and wants to get rid of them already.

interesting on Aerosmith for GH. $32 may be worth trading in. I just have to beat Joe Perry and i'm just about done with this game. Will probably rebuy when price crashes or at a b2g1 at GS.

[quote name='confoosious']You know, blockbuster might get some more business if they would stop making us wait till fridays for releases.

I just called to see if they had Mario Super Sluggers in. And of course they don't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mentioned this last week - they have Friday as the release date. At least they had 3 on order so they are actually going to get it. While slightly annoying, I can wait till then.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I have never even seen a WSoP for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I covered this a few pages back but every single GS I've been to has 1 and exactly 1 copy and they are all mint leading me (and others who have seen the same thing) to conclude the converted a copy at each store from new to used. It should be pretty easy to find unless you have a bunch of flippers in your area.

[quote name='animemaniac14']thanks joker:)[/quote]

np animemaniac anytime
also TIV on the following:

haze $23
mgs4 $36
lost odyessy $28 & some change

BBV to GS flips for today (without any promos applied):

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: $20
Power Rangers (PS2): $9
Manhunt 2 (PSP): $10
Iridium Runners: $5
Lego Indiana Jones (DS, from RS): $15

I was actually only going for the 1:1 BBV > GS credit flip for Vesperia, but it looks like I made a little bit of change on the side as well.

was checking on some prices at work today. (if anyone needs a tiv check just let me know. pm me a request and ill get back to you asap by the next evening b/c i work so damn much.)

wii-bust a move is down to 20 bucks from 23. still a heck of a flip if you can find them at kmart on clearance for 10 bucks.

so the pokemon flips are generally used for 1:1 bb to gs credit swaps right? my blockbuster has an assload of golden compasses, iridium runners and i think even a few power rangers but i don't know what the best thing to do with them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

side topic question:

Eye of Judgement. Have 3 on clearance for 29 bucks at my wally world. The game trades to bb for 33. Can you separately trade in the camera as a peripheral to gs/eb? I heard some chatter of it being worth about 12 bucks? Any help on that topic would also be appreciated.

[quote name='cg1407']so the pokemon flips are generally used for 1:1 bb to gs credit swaps right? my blockbuster has an assload of golden compasses, iridium runners and i think even a few power rangers but i don't know what the best thing to do with them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. [/QUOTE]

Yes, just over 1:1 if you have GC, IR, and Power Rangers available to add to them.

You get the two Mystery Dungeon games, a GC, an IR, and a Power Rangers all of which should cost you $69.95 (+ sales tax if you happen to live somewhere that charges that regressive type of thing ;)) and trade them to GS for $81.20 (assuming you have an Edge card).

That's if the price holds and I even think about trading in a couple. But as I said before, it has to be a 150% flip over what I paid or I just look at it as a useless trade.

I suppose I could borrow a buddies Edge card, since he hasn't bought anything with it in a while, since I'm still to f'n cheap to mail out the $2 and have to wait 3 months to get the damn card.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's if the price holds and I even think about trading in a couple. But as I said before, it has to be a 150% flip over what I paid or I just look at it as a useless trade.[/QUOTE]

In cash I would agree. In credit I'd say it is well worth it. I don't even do cash flips any more unless it is of Fantastic Four proportions ;). I simply don't need to infuse any more real money into the process as I already have more credit than I know what to do with.

On that note, they were unpacking Wiis at my local store just now when I was in. They had 3. The manager said they would expect to sell them within a few days. They also still have the Mario Karts from last week - but I see those everywhere now (GS had a pyramid of them on the weekend) so I suspect those aren't good sellers. I really haven't sold anything from BB except for one used Mario Tennis several weeks ago. That's why I'm not using any more cash for flipping - because then I'd feel the need to liquidate credit and while it can be somewhat profitable it takes up a lot of time that I could use playing with my kids, doing work, taking care of household things, or simply playing games ;).

In any case, I'm committed to two more sets of Mystery Dungeons because I just bought another Golden Compass today (so I have 2). No way I want to be stuck with those so I'll need to find just one more filler game and I can get two sets done - just gotta remember to do that by the weekend (GS promo ends after Sunday). I also got myself yet another Wii contest entry at my local store. I think that is 6 now. For sure the Wiis will sell and they sold some Wii Fits so there are definitely several other entries besides mine.

[quote name='io']In cash I would agree. In credit I'd say it is well worth it. I don't even do cash flips any more unless it is of Fantastic Four proportions ;). I simply don't need to infuse any more real money into the process as I already have more credit than I know what to do with.[/quote]

Well, I think the only time I had a decent amount of GS credit was when they were still doing the last gen promo of trade 3 games get $10 extra credit. I turned so many $3 Clancy Triple Packs into $15-17 it wasn't funny. The best damn flip I ever had though, was Powerdrome Racing, which was $1.99 @ GS and got $15-16 @ FYE for a LOOOONG time. I ended up buying a PStwo slim with the credit from flipping about 10 copies to about 4-5 FYE's.

Otherwise, I pay cash out of pocket for games to flip, since I usually have a coupon or other discount to lessen the cost usually. If not, then I just don't get them, simple as that.

[quote name='io']- because then I'd feel the need to liquidate credit and while it can be somewhat profitable it takes up a lot of time that I could use playing with my kids, doing work, taking care of household things, or simply playing games ;)[/quote]

I've been trying to cut back on flipping for cash. Just do enough to get some gas in the car. Mostly Pikmin 2's i've found at BB for $14.99 or GS with coupons. Wii sports at GS has put a lot of gas in my car.

Lately I've been trying to maintain X amount of credit while picking up stuff for me with the profits. Like Madden, Civ Rev, MLB 08 PSP, Hannah Montana DVD.

Also, while Vader is cooler, due to IO's pic, I'd be much more inclined to pic up Force Unleashed if it was based on the Light Side of the Force, with Obi Wan(IO) training a secret apprentice.

So can someone confirm/deny my thoughts here. (Sorry, I'm in the middle of an MBA accounting class..blech)

Buy Eye of Judgement at walmart= $29.99

Flip game to Blockbuster= $33.

Flip camera to GS= $12 (can someone confirm that number?)

Use $12 credit to buy PS3 WSOP '08 after coupon and edge card.

Flip WSOP to blockbuster for $23

[quote name='stone1061'] Wii sports at GS has put a lot of gas in my car.[/quote]

From flipping or selling on ebay ? I know you can make alot of money on ebay off Wii Sports

[quote name='fshaia']From flipping or selling on ebay ? I know you can make alot of money on ebay off Wii Sports[/quote]
Ebay on those. $6.50 last week at gamestop with coupon ---> quick $30 on ebay.

so i went to BBV today and oddly enough...Bully SE for 360 NEW is $24.99...USED it's $29.99...i asked the cashier to scan it again...and ye the USED version is $29.99...WTF BBV?! What the F*CK?`

[quote name='cg1407']So can someone confirm/deny my thoughts here. (Sorry, I'm in the middle of an MBA accounting class..blech)

[quote name='cg1407']So can someone confirm/deny my thoughts here. (Sorry, I'm in the middle of an MBA accounting class..blech)

[quote name='Poor2More']I turn both pokemons Dungeon into 2.0 flips

paid $15 each and got $30 TIV EACH[/quote]
how did u get em for 15$ each if u dont mind me asking and im tryin to figure out how u got 30$ each =)

[quote name='UnrealZero']how did u get em for 15$ each if u dont mind me asking and im tryin to figure out how u got 30$ each =)[/QUOTE]

Not sure how he got $30 each unless he's just rounding up from $28 or maybe he has one of those stores that takes the 50% coupon (though that should give you $32 with Edge).

But on the purchase side he bought them at Radio Shack where they are on sale for $20 each and used the $10 off $40 coupon after adding some filler (YMMV using a copy of the coupon as it is from the 2008 Entertainment book). It's so much trouble that I was right next to a Radio Shack tonight and didn't even bother looking ;).

is there a copy of the coupon online anywhere cause i dont know what that book is
a side thanks for that info cause i was thinking 30% of 20 is 26$ so im confused.
isnt the value 20$ for it/.

:ps3: Madden '09 CE is down to $44.98 at Target (clearanced). $36 for Madden '09, but does anyone know what Head Coach '09 gets? It's included in the CE - possibly worth looking into.

confirm dbz is $9 now. picked up too human at bbv b/c my stupid gamestop didn't give me the pre-order bonus so i just returned it.

New info for my Gamerush/BBV - there was signage out for a labor day weekend sale. It looked like it might be just a local thing but it didn't say any specifics, just that movies and games would be included. Anyone seen anything similar?

[quote name='JJSP']:ps3: Madden '09 CE is down to $44.98 at Target (clearanced). $36 for Madden '09, but does anyone know what Head Coach '09 gets? It's included in the CE - possibly worth looking into.[/quote]

Head Coach doesn't ship until 9/3/08 as a separate game, so it's probably not in the system yet. But, if I had to guess, I'd say it'll be worth $36.

[quote name='JJSP']:ps3: Madden '09 CE is down to $44.98 at Target (clearanced). $36 for Madden '09, but does anyone know what Head Coach '09 gets? It's included in the CE - possibly worth looking into.[/QUOTE]

Head coach is not in the systen yet. Gs will give $2 more for ce.

[quote name='Bezerker']Dont forget the $20 you can get on ebay for the rare cards in the starter deck for EOJ.[/quote]

What cards are worth $20? I got a few of these starter decks but these cards all look plain to me.

[quote name='chronojin']What cards are worth $20? I got a few of these starter decks but these cards all look plain to me.[/quote]
He answered this question a few pages back for me. Get to digging as I'm to lazy too find it for you. It's not too far so don't go back to page one.

damn I gotta sell those cards as well, Berserker, do you think I can get $20+shipping if I sell those 3 at once. I just want some quick cash off ebay. Since they were throw ins at GS I dont feel like putting up and auction, just buyitnow. Then maybe $10 for all the rest in a seperate buyitnow, or all at once. I just want these gone before they are worthless.

also, I hope the next coupon is for the 360... There is a mispriced Bladestorm at a GS I saw... $26.99. That one always misprices games, they screwed up condemned twice for me back when they got confused with the gamedays sale. And I found the only SST I've ever seen at GS a while back there too. And they gave me the camera+cards for EOJ. I gotta go back there very soon. But not to trade, those a$$holes always charge me refurb fees and "forget" to tell me about it.

I hope pokemon holds at GS, since I saw in my email this week its $34.99 at GS.

just look for the cards with silver (not white) stars or gold stars in the corner of the picture. I think the gold stars that come with the deck are White Cubic & Sciondar Fire God.

I'm actually getting tired of flipping. Not that i'm complaining about the money, its just that last night I got Merecenaries 2, Disgaea 3, today i'm getting Tales of Vesperia, and Friday is Infinite Undiscovery. I'm sure this week's coupon will be a 360 one, but maybe i'll sit it out depending on of there are any good flips. I need more free time...

bread's done
Back