The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

TIV today
360 GH III $22
360 World Series Poker 2008 $12
PS3 K & L $30

Wii
Cranium Kabooki $16
Bust a Move $23
Monster Jam $30

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm gonna flip 2 games, keep re4 wii. And try and find a few cheap games at BBV so i can get the bonus on a few games I have at GS.

also at a BBV they were selling the mgs4 guides for $0.99. The plastic was ripped on all of them, but is this a thing at all BBVs. I may have grabbed one if the shrink wrap was at least partially on one of them.[/quote]

Which BBV is this? For 0.99 I might pick one. TIA

[quote name='donut']TIV today
360 GH III $22
360 World Series Poker 2008 $12
PS3 K & L $30

Wii
Cranium Kabooki $16
Bust a Move $23
Monster Jam $30[/QUOTE]

Is that for Bust a move bash?

[quote name='freshzen']Find a public library where you are at.

While at Blockbuster today I saw Mario Party DS new for $19.99, might have been a pricing error though. Also picked up Gran Turismo 5 Prologue used for $24.99.[/quote]

Might wanna grab that Mario, I just had it scanned...still Original Retail ....

Should I buy the Orange Box even though I do not have xbox live?

I never played anything Half life 2 but I did beat halflife 1.

I can't buy the Orange Box for the pc cause my pc sucks lol.

Also is it true the orange box comes with all this?

Half Life 2, and HL2: Episodes 1 & 2, as well as Team Fortress 2 and Portal.

AND THANK YOU!

looks like i have competition. the one copy of escape from bug island in my area was purchased along with two copies of bust a move bash.

Yep, I think it's worth the price even if it's just for the Half-Life 2/ep1&2. Portal is amazing and a shame if no one has played it yet. You can't access Team Fortress 2 without Xbox live. But overall, it's worth it even without live.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']its 30 bucks brand new too :) I'm going to get it

how is playing the game with the controler though?[/quote]
It's pretty good. I'd say better than the Mouse/Keyboard. If you want to know more, just read or watch a review. :D

Buy one! (if you're actually looking for one and not just being silly, check out the trade threads or keep an eye on the deals in the forums and check out Craigslist) ;)

Here are some more TIVs. The ones that are profitable have the original GS price in parenthesis. Good ones are in bold:

Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law 9
Game Party 9
Emergency Heroes 9
Soul Calibur Legends 9
Super Swing Golf 9
Namco Museum Remix 9
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords ($17.99)16
Obscure: The Aftermath ($17.99)16
One Piece Unlimited Adventure ($17.99)23
Elebits 9
Open Season 9
Ben 10 ($17.99)16
Super Swing Golf Season 2 ($17.99)16
Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge ($17.99)23
Showtime Boxing ($17.99)16
Pool Party 11
Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey 9
Balloon Pop ($17.99)16
Castle of Shikigami III (17.99)16
Bratz: The Movie 9
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity (17.99)23
Rampage: Total Destruction 13
Yamaha Supercross 16
Pinball Hall of Fame 16
Ninja Reflex 9
Wing Island 11
My Horse and Me 16
Chicken Shoot 13
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour 16
Target Terror ($24.99)23
Battalion Wars 2 ($24.99)26
Emergency Mayhem ($24.99)23

Games they dont take:
Tamagotchi Party On!
Furu Furu Park
Kawasaki Jet Ski

Absolutely. It's one of the best games on the 360 and probably the most bang you can get out of your buck for any video game ever.

I've really enjoyed the Orange Box. Valve is a great developer. I have Live and have played Team Fortress twice. The Half Life games and really Portal alone is worth it. Jump In

[quote name='Shan82']Heck yah! Then pick up live so you can get some real TF2 action!! :)[/quote]

I want to but ......... well ....... I don't have internet acess my pc has a wifi antenna so I kinda leech off my nieghbors lol (Im a poor asshole I know)

If I buy a wireless wifi adapter for my xbox360 will I be able to go on live even though I dont have acess to the router lol?

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I want to but ......... well ....... I don't have internet acess my pc has a wifi antenna so I kinda leech off my nieghbors lol (Im a poor asshole I know)

If I buy a wireless wifi adapter for my xbox360 will I be able to go on live even though I dont have acess to the router lol?[/quote]
If it's close enough to your neighbor. :)

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I want to but ......... well ....... I don't have internet acess my pc has a wifi antenna so I kinda leech off my nieghbors lol (Im a poor asshole I know)

If I buy a wireless wifi adapter for my xbox360 will I be able to go on live even though I dont have acess to the router lol?[/QUOTE]

Did you end up getting a new TV or are you really playing 360 on an old SD TV with a converter? If so, how does the 360 look?

I manage to go around to a couple of gamestops and picked up ...

Bust a Move x2 Wii
Monster Jam Wii
Spy Games Wii

I paid $48 out of pocket w/coupon+edge
and got..... 96$ at BBV, so I bought Madden and still have $36 left

I played TF2 once when I first got the OB, and did not try it again until recently. Since learning the characters/maps/gameplay, I am starting to absolutely love this game! You just have to find the character you're good at to truly enjoy it (and some friends to play with is good too!).

right now all I got is a arcade compilation it came with but I bought GTA IV from a cag member on the trading forum and hopefaully that will arrive sometime next week hehe

I mostly play pac man championship lol

Well, if you cannot connect online, I do not recommend acquiring it for the PC. Valve's DRM must connect to Steam for authentication, and without the Internet, you would have, essentially, purchased a brick. However, if you did have an Internet connection, I would recommend buying it for the PC, since Valve updates their PC releases.

So, without the Internet, I suspect you may want to see yourself to a video game console copy.

I use my wifi antenna and connect using my pc just fine thats how im posting here but my computer cannot run PC games.

But I dont think I will be able to so easiley on the xbox360 without access to the router.

I'm really interested in hearing how long you guy's 360's have lasted.

My little guy has been going strong since the summer of 2006, so that would make it 2 years old!

How's the 360 situation on your end?

$59.99 -> $38.99
$49.99 -> $32.49
$44.99 -> $29.24
$39.99 -> $25.99
$34.99 -> $22.74
$29.99 -> $19.49
$26.99 -> $17.54
$24.99 -> $16.24
$19.99 -> $12.99
$17.99 -> $11.69
$14.99 -> $9.74
$12.99 -> $8.44
$9.99 -> $6.49
$5.99 -> $3.89
$4.99 -> $3.24

Here's a price guide w/coupon and Edge, taken from the other thread from some dude with Link as an avatar (what, I don't remember his screename. :D)

[quote name='ghozt']looks like i have competition. the one copy of escape from bug island in my area was purchased along with two copies of bust a move bash.[/quote]

You should try living / working in the Garden Grove / Cypress area, all stores within a 10 mile radius were wiped out, I visited 6 GS's and managed to find 4 total games from the entire list, a few stores had nothing from the list, not a single game. My area has gone to hell :(

I'm thinking I should start taking Friday mornings off from work just to actually get a game or two.

Whomever is now in my area is wiping out every store they visit, I at least always left copies behind for other caggers, these new greedy bastards are just wiping out every store they visit.

My poor GR is also being bogged down with serious #'s of each flip. I keep meaning to ask the Manager who the new flipper is. Just as a heads up to whomever the flipper is, that particular GR was where I was originally banned from in the early days, the area DM does pay attention and I was only reinstated 1 entire year later, with express instructions to only ever trade 1 copy of any game or risk a perma ban.

nothing is ever easy...that is for sure..

Not saying this is the case, but I have heard some people getting DOA wireless adapters from stootsi and thingfling.....

bread's done
Back