The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']
Avatar TLA is listed as $4, but no value given for Burning Earth...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Burning Earth was actually in THIS thread under the BB->GS flippables but I hadn't listed it in the GS thread yet (till this evening). I'm pretty sure Bezerker mentioned that and RRR2 as good ones just yesterday or so, so the GS prices ought to be fairly solid. I figured that's why you bought Burning Earth but then the BB guy mixed that up with TLA - and that one IS listed in the GS thread ;). So, anyway, only $1 difference but given that GS may give you a hard time about the mismatched case and disc you might as well go back in to BB and get the right one, assuming they have it. When they gave me a PSP Afterburner case with a BMX game in it, they couldn't find the real Afterburner disc when I took it back. Who the hell knows what was going on there :lol:.

[quote name='Bezerker']I only hit Hillsborough & Pasco. I was planning on hitting clearwater, but I spent most of the day in Brandon and didnt feel like having to come home from Clearwater during rush-hour.

And yea, I'm pretty sure the compliation came with a manual. I used to have the arcade console, but it was a few months ago.[/quote]

I knew there was another person flipping in Pasco. I have seen many "flippable" games on the shelf at the Wesley Chapel BB on 54 and Bruce B. Downs, which is my main store. So please take it easy on this one if you don't mind. ;)

[quote name='aea414']I knew there was another person flipping in Pasco. I have seen many "flippable" games on the shelf at the Wesley Chapel BB on 54 and Bruce B. Downs, which is my main store. So please take it easy on this one if you don't mind. ;)[/quote]

Actually, I believe that is a lurker. I've only traded to that store twice in the past 2 months, the first time was just 1 octomania, and the other was yesterday's Monster Jam, Fatal Inertia, Hellboy & Bladestorm. That store has a lot of the Wii flips I was never able to find. Its probably this "Seth" guy that the LoL store tells me about.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']
1 X Trama Center: Second Opinion (anyone have recent GS TIV?)
[/quote]

As posted previously, it gets $8 base.

[quote name='Bezerker']Actually, I believe that is a lurker. I've only traded to that store twice in the past 2 months, the first time was just 1 octomania, and the other was yesterday's Monster Jam, Fatal Inertia, Hellboy & Bladestorm. That store has a lot of the Wii flips I was never able to find. Its probably this "Seth" guy that the LoL store tells me about.
[/quote]

What do you mean wii filps you were not able to find?

I don't flip all the time but when I do that is usually the one I go to.(I only flip 1 copy of any given title.)
What have you heard about this "Seth" ? Is he trading in multiple copies or what?

Some 360 price drops at GS today. lost odyssey/34.99 graw 2/17.99 naruto:rotn/17.99 don king prizefighter/24.99. Might be good flips to BBV. And sorry for the format, doing this from my phone

any idea if BB will have Nhl09 for sale and the limited edition of Saints row. They have no record of NHl09 in their system and the game is out in 1 week

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']1 X Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team ($20 used, thought it was the explorers of time game when I bought it... Anyone have recent GS TIV?)[/quote]

PMD BRT TIV was $9 base as of Friday.

[quote name='Sa2vador']Don king would be an ok flip with edge/coupon[/quote]

How would that be an okay flip? That's a loss of over a dollar. For a GS to BBV flip, there's no reason to do that.

I'm glad I've moved some BB credit to GS because I just got a hold of a print-out of pre-order items at GS and they will have Stormtrooper figurines for Force Unleashed. Sure beats that stupid framed print BB is getting.

Traded in one more Big Game Hunter to BB today too. Also found Metal Slug and Red Steel at a far-away BB, traded those to GS with Bioshock to move credit.

[quote name='mkernan']I'm glad I've moved some BB credit to GS because I just got a hold of a print-out of pre-order items at GS and they will have Stormtrooper figurines for Force Unleashed. Sure beats that stupid framed print BB is getting.

Traded in one more Big Game Hunter to BB today too. Also found Metal Slug and Red Steel at a far-away BB, traded those to GS with Bioshock to move credit.[/quote]

Is BBV getting framed art of the Force Unleashed or is that just speculation? I haven't seen any indication one way or another.

few trade ins today

bought at bb traded in at gamestop ($5 bonus and edge included)

RRR2 19.99 --> 21.50
Red Steel 9.99 --> 10.50
Metal Slug Anthol 9.99 --> 11.60
Spider man :FOF 12.99 --> 10.50
Earth Defense ... 6.99 --> 10.50 (this is a good flip if you can find it)
Nights 14.99 --> 12.70

So basically confirming what was already posted.

[quote name='GuardianE']Is BBV getting framed art of the Force Unleashed or is that just speculation? I haven't seen any indication one way or another.[/quote]

Yes we are. I just read a communications update saying that stores should have already started to receive them (we are getting ours today).

[quote name='Warner1281']Yes we are. I just read a communications update saying that stores should have already started to receive them (we are getting ours today).[/quote]

Any ideas what it looks like, Warner? I might just take that instead of the Stormtrooper if it's nice enough. With enough pre-orders at BBV maybe I can make a wall out of framed art. :lol:

After a google search, I found this picture of the Stormtrooper in question:
http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3840
Passable, but I'm not all that excited about it.

[quote name='GuardianE']Any ideas what it looks like, Warner? I might just take that instead of the Stormtrooper if it's nice enough. With enough pre-orders at BBV maybe I can make a wall out of framed art. :lol:

After a google search, I found this picture of the Stormtrooper in question:
http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3840
Passable, but I'm not all that excited about it.[/quote]

It shows the apprentice kneeling before Vader. My local store has had a sign up for about a week advertising it. Just found an image online:

TFUprint.jpg

[quote name='mkernan']It shows the apprentice kneeling before Vader. My local store has had a sign up for about a week advertising it. Just found an image online:[/quote]

lol, thanks. I had just found it online and was about to post it in here. I think it looks pretty nice. I might be willing to take that. I thought the Stormtrooper figure was exclusive to GS, but it looks like a retail version, doesn't it?

[quote name='GuardianE']lol, thanks. I had just found it online and was about to post it in here. I think it looks pretty nice. I might be willing to take that. I thought the Stormtrooper figure was exclusive to GS, but it looks like a retail version, doesn't it?[/quote]

I'm not sure, I not a figurine/collector guy, so I wouldn't know one way or another. But, I'm gettin' the game anyway and a free figurine rocks ass. Considering the prints BB has had for other games, this one def. takes the cake, but its still just a framed print. I think my GTA IV one is either in my closet collecting dust or in a landfill somehwere; can't remember. lol.

I preordered Force Unleashed @ BBV. My son is going to flip out for this game and I am actually a bit excited for it too. I would rather get the figure as a bonus, but not enough to switch my preorder. I would rather do business with my local BBV whenever possible over GS.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']I preordered Force Unleashed @ BBV. My son is going to flip out for this game and I am actually a bit excited for it too. I would rather get the figure as a bonus, but not enough to switch my preorder. I would rather do business with my local BBV whenever possible over GS.[/quote]

I agree for the most part, but I've got about 6 or 7 games pre-ordered and paid off at Blockbuster, so I don't feel too bad canceling one. I may end up getting the PSP version at BB too and also get the print.

Picked up Raving Rab 2 and Geometry wars to trade in with the Metal slug i was holding from last week. Store manager who I opened the trade account with last fall when I traded in madden 08 and gears of war helped me. She's pretty oblivous to all the trades of done since, even though the Jr dick was on her staff.
After paying i had a measly $128 left on my value card, she let out a big "Holy Mackerel!"
You have no idea lady. :lol:

Store locator says GS on my way to work has Space Chimps and a Cabela, guess I'll have to swing by tomorrow.

i did the 20% GS powertrade + 10% edge card when i traded in the pokemon DS games for $26 each. spent 28.xx for each game and gum to get entered into the wii drawings. I have at least 15 entries all spread out with some stores having multiples. Im hoping its possible to win at multiple stores.

[quote name='aea414']What do you mean wii filps you were not able to find?

I don't flip all the time but when I do that is usually the one I go to.(I only flip 1 copy of any given title.)
What have you heard about this "Seth" ? Is he trading in multiple copies or what?[/quote]

Meaning games that I wasnt able to find at Gamestop because someone else bought them already. "Seth" is a guy who supposedly trades over $3,000 a month at Blockbusters, but since he uses different accounts, they cant nab him.

[quote name='Bezerker']Meaning games that I wasnt able to find at Gamestop because someone else bought them already. "Seth" is a guy who supposedly trades over $3,000 a month at Blockbusters, but since he uses different accounts, they cant nab him.[/quote]

Seth you say? Multiple accounts? Possible to hire a sketch artist to catch this "Seth"

[quote name='Poor2More']Seth you say? Multiple accounts? Possible to hire a sketch artist to catch this "Seth"[/QUOTE]

WILL THE REAL "SETH" PLEASE STAND UP!!!!!:wave:

Yes.

Will the real "Seth" please stand up so we can murder him? Quickly?

What I'd love to know is how they don't have any of this on camera and why they can't use it to help track this guy down and ban him indefinitely.

Yea, I don't quite get how he could avoid it either, they should have his address on file, though I guess that could be a fake as well. I guess they dont want to bother by putting up wanted posters with blurry security camera pictures.

I was somewhat bad this month, between flipping at Gamestop and Blockbuster I made over $2,500. From what I was told yesterday, it was an order from corporate that went to the district manager, which then went to the store that noticed the msg on the account. I would imagine if corporate really is a center hub, their system should have some kind of system where they can just type in "Trade -> Sort by amount traded by account number" and see who has traded the most, which I guess I passed some kind of border that set off some alarms.

I felt kinda empty looking around at the 360 games at Gamestop today. I saw some flips and instantly thought "Oh man, I gotta get that.... oh wait...". Ah well, from what I am told, some of the stores I go to are not in the same district, so worse case scenario, ill just have to make my trips really worth it, or have a friend trade in stuff for me. Ohhh Segasonic, where are ya buddy?

Today I dropped off Gears of War for $25 which seems like a great TiV considering the new one comes out in a matter of months and I bought my copy for $30 anyway.

However, I had an interesting experience trading it in. When the cashier scanned it I got this loud double beep that sounded like for sure I was gonna get the ban handle or something. Then the woman looked it up by name in another computer and got some number that she entered and it worked. She knew what she was doing but just a heads up if you're dealing with incompetent BB staff it may now be a YMMV trade in.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']9.99[/quote]

If the trade value still holds at GS that would be a fairly good flip. Over on the other thread the TIV is listed at $7 before edge + bonus.

9.99 -> 12.70

:ps3:
Battlefield: Bad Company - $33
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War - $36
Haze - $30
NASCAR 09 - $36

:360:
Cabela's Big Game Hunter - $22
Cabela's Trophy Bucks - $22
FIFA 08 - $28.50

Side note, the BB I visited had new copies of GTAIV :ps3: and :360: on clearance for $25. GS TIV has gone back up to $20 so that makes it an excellent way for me to move back credit.

You guys are not gonna believe the deal I got in on today! :rofl:

I was trading in a few games and went to buy some stuff for yet another Wii entry. I got Geometry Wars and Avatar TBE for $9.99 each, so that was nice. But I needed one more thing to go over $25. Then I noticed that My Fashion Studio was marked from its previous $29.99 all the way down to $9.99 (NEW). My daughter has wanted this game since she first saw it and I read reviews that actually said this one is pretty good compared to most games of that type. Needless to say I snagged it. They had 4 or 5 marked that way. Unfortunately it rang up $19.99 but they honored the price tag (which was under the security case so it was definitely an employee mistake). So hooray for mismarked games! She played it this evening and seemed to like it quite a bit. (Meanwhile she just gave me a great big "meh" over the Viva Pinata 2 I went out specifically today to pick up).

Then I went to another BB which was chock full of great PS2 flippables that would have been good to get during the last GS deal. I swear they had none of this stuff a few weeks ago when I went. Anyway, I also found 3 good Wii games (Avatar again, RRR2, and Metal Slug Anthology). However, each of the 3 was scratched to hell. Now, this is what I remember most used games being like at Blockbuster! All the mint IR/Power Rangers/Golden Compass were just a fluke. So, anyway, big waste of time there. I mean, I don't think any of them would have played and I definitely would have been hit with refurb fees on them so it wasn't worth it. So I still need one more to make a single trio of BB->GS flippables. I think my local stores has a RRR2 so I'll get that - then I'd have to make another 8 mile trek to GS just to trade those in. This "opportunity" is way more hassle than it's worth compared to the others the last few months.

Oh yeah, about that great deal - I got GTA IV Special Edition new for $17.50 from Best Buy ;).

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, I don't quite get how he could avoid it either, they should have his address on file, though I guess that could be a fake as well. I guess they dont want to bother by putting up wanted posters with blurry security camera pictures.

I was somewhat bad this month, between flipping at Gamestop and Blockbuster I made over $2,500. From what I was told yesterday, it was an order from corporate that went to the district manager, which then went to the store that noticed the msg on the account. I would imagine if corporate really is a center hub, their system should have some kind of system where they can just type in "Trade -> Sort by amount traded by account number" and see who has traded the most, which I guess I passed some kind of border that set off some alarms. [/QUOTE]

This is starting to have The Machinist\Secret Window\Fight Club written all over it.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Bezerker']
I was somewhat bad this month, between flipping at Gamestop and Blockbuster I made over $2,500. From what I was told yesterday, it was an order from corporate that went to the district manager, which then went to the store that noticed the msg on the account. I would imagine if corporate really is a center hub, their system should have some kind of system where they can just type in "Trade -> Sort by amount traded by account number" and see who has traded the most, which I guess I passed some kind of border that set off some alarms. [/QUOTE]

So, the big question is how much trade credit did you get at Blockbuster in that month? It would be nice to know what might trigger that flag from corporate. I'm glad I passed on a Bladestorm/FIFA 08 combo today. The problem with these high value/low profit flips is that they rack up the credit earned at Blockbuster (thus possibly raising a flag) while not getting you ahead that much.

Having said that, I did break my "no cash" rule not once but twice today as I traded 2 games I got cheap at Best Buy (Fatal Inertia $10 -> $25 and Blacksite $10 -> $26). BTW, this is a one store only 75% off rack so no point searching these out (except that others have reported similar things - some guy even said his Best Buy had a bunch of 99 cent games including our old favorite Power Rangers). I even went to 2 other stores in case it was regional. The first had no sale of any kind and the second had a buy 1 get 1 free rack which isn't nearly as good as the 75% off ;).

[quote name='Bezerker']Meaning games that I wasnt able to find at Gamestop because someone else bought them already. "Seth" is a guy who supposedly trades over $3,000 a month at Blockbusters, but since he uses different accounts, they cant nab him.[/quote]
That sucks that there is someone like that in out area. Hopefully he gets shut down.
I am all for us making $$ on flips but $3000 a month is a little excessive....

I wish to fuck I could make $3k a month just from flipping. I'd be buying Wii's and Wii Fits left and right to cash out some of that mad credit and turn it into cold, hard cash.

But, for now, I'm content to wait until the next really GOOD Gamestop coupon makes a couple games hit that 150% profit margin that I look for.

[quote name='io']So, the big question is how much trade credit did you get at Blockbuster in that month? It would be nice to know what might trigger that flag from corporate. I'm glad I passed on a Bladestorm/FIFA 08 combo today. The problem with these high value/low profit flips is that they rack up the credit earned at Blockbuster (thus possibly raising a flag) while not getting you ahead that much.
.[/quote]

Unfortunately I don't keep the records that you do (that spreadsheet would be huge). Usually what I was doing was moving the credit back and forth from blockbuster to gamestop and back and forth. But i'd say during the month it had to be at least $1,500.

I only wish they'd look at the spending as well. Of all the credit i've earned, right now i only have $2.00 left in BB Credit, so i at least spend my share (albeit on flips, ebay items, and goozex games). The manager I know works Saturday, so I'll find out for sure whether this is a district-wide thing or just at the Gamerush. I'd imagine if there is a new flip I should be fine since the trade record wont show that i've traded it before, I just wont be able to trade that many. The funny thing is that when the manager at Gamerush called the district manager to let him know what games I was trading, they were games I had just traded 15 minutes earlier at another Gamerush in the same district, but he still approved the trade.

Speaking of Wii Fits only by selling them for $100 have mine finally started to pull a Houdini and magically disappear. Thank God people are completely oblivious to the fact TRU has like 30 of them in stock. Either that or my stores are the only ones who received their shipments in on time/early. It sucks I can't move them for an actual profit... (BEWARE: Posting them for any more than $100 is a guaranteed flag on Craig's List and I can't afford to pay for shipping to move them on Ebay. Besides no one in my area is going to bite for a higher price with my consistantly plastered ad on the first page so I've effectively eliminated all of my competitors in the process.) but considering the fact originally I just wanted to cash out $800 in credit due to Blockbuster's incompetent customer service I can live with it.

After I move the last two I'll FINALLY be in the perfect position to buy my PS3 bundle thanks to the Sears post in the MSG4 thread. I'm going to save the last three for the holiday season instead of spending that potential money on a 360. I can always flip again for it, just buy it out of pocket, or wait for the holiday bundles and possibility of Jasper. My goal to make at least $600 - $900 off of lazy last minute shoppers. Come Christmas Eve I doubt I'll have much difficulty netting that much, right?

...Ugh. With my luck I'd better start praying stores sell out of their new shipments within the next couple of months. >_>

[quote name='whymustiregister']Side note, the BB I visited had new copies of GTAIV :ps3: and :360: on clearance for $25. GS TIV has gone back up to $20 so that makes it an excellent way for me to move back credit.[/quote]

The new were $25?!?! Wouldn't that make the used (which they have piles of) $20? Either way that's good. Just wondering if $20 is the base trade for GTAIV because if it is with bonus + edge that flip will even cover the tax I pay. Plus new means not having to worry about refurb fees.

Went to the out of the way BBV I have a trade account at to flip my last two Cabela's (you have served me well hunting games!) and managed to find two RRR2s, a Metal Slug, and a Spider-Man 3. The Spider-Man 3 surprised me because I was pretty sure I cleaned out the entire county of copies of that to trade into Gamestop. Of course all four discs were scratched up and one of the RRR2s had a nice deep one that went in a perfect circle around the disc. Sigh, now I have to wait till Monday to take them all back (have work every day until then) and hopefully grab some cheap GTAs

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Speaking of Wii Fits only by selling them for $100 have mine finally started to pull a Houdini and magically disappear. Thank God people are completely oblivious to the fact TRU has like 30 of them in stock. Either that or my stores are the only ones who received their shipments in on time/early. It sucks I can't move them for an actual profit... (BEWARE: Posting them for any more than $100 is a guaranteed flag on Craig's List and I can't afford to pay for shipping to move them on Ebay. Besides no one in my area is going to bite for a higher price with my consistantly plastered ad on the first page so I've effectively eliminated all of my competitors in the process.) but considering the fact originally I just wanted to cash out $800 in credit due to Blockbuster's incompetent customer service I can live with it.

After I move the last two I'll FINALLY be in the perfect position to buy my PS3 bundle thanks to the Sears post in the MSG4 thread. I'm going to save the last three for the holiday season instead of spending that potential money on a 360. I can always flip again for it, just buy it out of pocket, or wait for the holiday bundles and possibility of Jasper. My goal to make at least $600 - $900 off of lazy last minute shoppers. Come Christmas Eve I doubt I'll have much difficulty netting that much, right?

...Ugh. With my luck I'd better start praying stores sell out of their new shipments within the next couple of months. >_>[/quote]

Hey, How do you plan to make 600-900 for them if you cant use Craig List(being flagged) or using Ebay ?

bread's done
Back