The General eBay Rant Thread

I was told directly by multiple ebay CS reps on the phone that it is allowed if you sell it that way. I was even sent an email once explaining the policy, that stated as such.

The latter part you mention would also apply to selling an Xbox Live or PSN+ subscription if the code didn't work, though. So it doesn't just apply to DLC.
But there's no public policy stating that. I'd love to see it if you know where it is. According to publicly available eBay policy/rules, there's a very narrow and limited way you can list digital things: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

None of that covers the whole "mail the paper to CYA" thing. Mailing the paper with DC covers your ass for an INR (if you put aside the issue of whether or not codes can be sold like they are in the first place), but the whole SNAD thing for a non-working code is ripe for exploitation whether or not you send anything physically.

Obviously people are selling all sorts of DLC and other digital things on eBay that are technically prohibited as far as the public rules go. eBay does little about it unless sellers start reporting each other. DLC listings basically survive and appear to be quasi-accepted on the site because eBay isn't going to turn down money from those listing fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the SNAD thing would apply for PSN or Xbox Live subscription code cards as well, but those are in no way prohibited on ebay. The only difference is one gives you DLC and one extends a membership, but the process in activating each is the same essentially.

It's just a tricky niche group of items.

Looking for advice on Destiny PS4 Ghost edition...

I just had mine sell on eBay for $300. Buyer is in canada...how worried should I be about shipment issues/buyer claiming he didn't receive it? He has all positive feedback but I don't sell on eBay much if ever so I want to make sure I'm not getting scammed. He also sent a message saying he won't be able to pay till later in the week (possibly Monday) because of an issue with his visa and paypal. What is my best course of action here?

I don't think eBay allows the sale of Xbox Live / PS+ cards either, actually. Not counting stores like Newegg who obviously have the right to sell them.

In fact, I've seen 1 month PS+ cards being removed before.

Not sure if this is the right thread to say this but USPS has now dropped priority mail rates for packages when you purchase online postage on ebay among others. So packages 5 pounds and up get around 40%-55% off now. I shipped a 10 pound package today and received 47% off ($11.66). Could be great for those who do alot of shipping.

Here's a site with more info: http://www.endicia.com/why-us/blog/2014/usps-new-2014-priority-mail-rates-infographic

But the SNAD thing would apply for PSN or Xbox Live subscription code cards as well, but those are in no way prohibited on ebay. The only difference is one gives you DLC and one extends a membership, but the process in activating each is the same essentially.

It's just a tricky niche group of items.
Cards aren't the same thing as DLC in the eyes of eBay. You can try to equate them all you want, but they're not the same in the eyes of eBay. A pre-paid gaming card is essentially a gift card to eBay. So much so that they give pre-paid gaming cards their own cateogry. Less than 10% of DLC listings scattered across the video game category are in the Pre-Paid card section.

Yes, the function is similar and yes, you could have the same SNAD problems, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point is, DLC is TECHNICALLY not allowed to be sold on eBay, but eBay allows it to continue to a certain degree.

eBay could remedy the situation, but they choose not to, either out of inefficiency or because maybe there are legal reasons preventing them from officially sanction DLC codes.

Looking for advice on Destiny PS4 Ghost edition...

I just had mine sell on eBay for $300. Buyer is in canada...how worried should I be about shipment issues/buyer claiming he didn't receive it? He has all positive feedback but I don't sell on eBay much if ever so I want to make sure I'm not getting scammed. He also sent a message saying he won't be able to pay till later in the week (possibly Monday) because of an issue with his visa and paypal. What is my best course of action here?
Why sell to people outside of the US if you're worried about scamming? You might not sell a lot on eBay but you should have spent more time and thought looking into the options you were allowing on your auction.

If you're so concerned, pony up for an international shipping service that will provide you with Delivery Confirmation in Canada. It's probably not going to be cheap. Or you should have used eBay's Global Shipping Program to eliminate the INR scam potential (but that still leaves SNAD potential problems).

eBay says you have to wait 48 hours after the end of the auction for the buyer to pay. After you open the case, the buyer then has an additional 4 days from the time you opened the case to make payment. Essentially the buyer has a window of 6 days to pay before possibly losing out on the item. So if it's been more than 2 days, you can open a case, which will probably just piss off the buyer, but it doesn't seem like you set any ground rules or expectations for payment in your auction terms. If you open a case right this second as I type this, you're not going to be able to have eBay give you back FVF so you can relist until Saturday afternoon/evenig.

At this point, you should probably message the buyer that if payment isn't received by Sunday or Monday you'll be opening an unpaid item case with eBay to terminate the auction transaction.

Cards aren't the same thing as DLC in the eyes of eBay. You can try to equate them all you want, but they're not the same in the eyes of eBay. A pre-paid gaming card is essentially a gift card to eBay. So much so that they give pre-paid gaming cards their own cateogry. Less than 10% of DLC listings scattered across the video game category are in the Pre-Paid card section.

Yes, the function is similar and yes, you could have the same SNAD problems, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point is, DLC is TECHNICALLY not allowed to be sold on eBay, but eBay allows it to continue to a certain degree.

eBay could remedy the situation, but they choose not to, either out of inefficiency or because maybe there are legal reasons preventing them from officially sanction DLC codes.
Ok, well like I said, two eBay reps told me on the phone that it was ok. If it's not in the official guidelines listed on their site, then whatever.

No point in even arguing about it really since they seem to be inconsistent and if they don't know what is allowed and what isn't, then why should we?

Sold a non gaming item on ebay that is glass and kinda heavy. It wasn't selling with shipping, so I jacked up the price and put free shipping(which ebay encourages sometimes) and it finally sold. Had shipping listed as expedited.

I packed it up like I originally wanted to, but didn't feel like it would be sufficient to make sure it arrived safetly, so I used a heavier more sturdy box with more packing materials. Was kinda heavy. Someone bought it from ALASKA of all places, and when I took it to the post office shipping came to $65 for Priority. INSANE. I upped my listing by $20 and I figure that would more than cover it. Guess it's my own fault.

So I opted for Standard Post. Only problem is it takes 2 weeks to get there. Was a bitch to lug this heavy box all the way there and the line at the post office was long, so I didn't want to come home without shipping it just to ask the buyer if the extra wait time was ok with him, so I just shipped it and notified him via message.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a big thing. Shipped packages to Russia cheaper than this.

Sold a non gaming item on ebay that is glass and kinda heavy. It wasn't selling with shipping, so I jacked up the price and put free shipping(which ebay encourages sometimes) and it finally sold. Had shipping listed as expedited.

I packed it up like I originally wanted to, but didn't feel like it would be sufficient to make sure it arrived safetly, so I used a heavier more sturdy box with more packing materials. Was kinda heavy. Someone bought it from ALASKA of all places, and when I took it to the post office shipping came to $65 for Priority. INSANE. I upped my listing by $20 and I figure that would more than cover it. Guess it's my own fault.

So I opted for Standard Post. Only problem is it takes 2 weeks to get there. Was a bitch to lug this heavy box all the way there and the line at the post office was long, so I didn't want to come home without shipping it just to ask the buyer if the extra wait time was ok with him, so I just shipped it and notified him via message.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a big thing. Shipped packages to Russia cheaper than this.
You may have been better shipping UPS. It seems that when it comes to heavy packages, USPS starts gouging at a point.

Yeah the difference can be a lot for a heavy item. I sold a Rock Band set a few weeks ago. USPS was $47, UPS was $23.

The USPS just changed some of their priority mail rates to be more competitve on 9/7 but I believe it was only for commercial accounts/imprint mailers. I won't ship to Alaska personally, costs way too much and takes forever.

Unless it is first class rated, then it costs the same for both the contiguous states and Hawaii / Alaska.  I think Puerto Rico too, but I haven't sold anything there yet.

Why sell to people outside of the US if you're worried about scamming? You might not sell a lot on eBay but you should have spent more time and thought looking into the options you were allowing on your auction.

If you're so concerned, pony up for an international shipping service that will provide you with Delivery Confirmation in Canada. It's probably not going to be cheap. Or you should have used eBay's Global Shipping Program to eliminate the INR scam potential (but that still leaves SNAD potential problems).

eBay says you have to wait 48 hours after the end of the auction for the buyer to pay. After you open the case, the buyer then has an additional 4 days from the time you opened the case to make payment. Essentially the buyer has a window of 6 days to pay before possibly losing out on the item. So if it's been more than 2 days, you can open a case, which will probably just piss off the buyer, but it doesn't seem like you set any ground rules or expectations for payment in your auction terms. If you open a case right this second as I type this, you're not going to be able to have eBay give you back FVF so you can relist until Saturday afternoon/evenig.

At this point, you should probably message the buyer that if payment isn't received by Sunday or Monday you'll be opening an unpaid item case with eBay to terminate the auction transaction.
I don't see an option to list DLC's on Amazon. It has to be from their preset catalog, is that correct?

I need some advice, guys. I sold an item a few weeks ago. The seller took 5 days to pay. After he paid I took some time to print the label. Now today I get a "Item not as described" case opened. The kicker? I haven't even shipped the item yet. The retard sends me this little gem.

"Hi, please i receive a disc but not is new, not have box, not is the correct item, wait your comments. Regards. Andres"

What should I do? Refund him and not ship the item because he might pull a fast one on me? Is it easy for me to prove to eBay that my item was as described or should I just not bother and refund him?

I need some advice, guys. I sold an item a few weeks ago. The seller took 5 days to pay. After he paid I took some time to print the label. Now today I get a "Item not as described" case opened. The kicker? I haven't even shipped the item yet. The retard sends me this little gem.

"Hi, please i receive a disc but not is new, not have box, not is the correct item, wait your comments. Regards. Andres"

What should I do? Refund him and not ship the item because he might pull a fast one on me? Is it easy for me to prove to eBay that my item was as described or should I just not bother and refund him?
I would refund and walk away, because I can only see this person being trouble. While it's possible that he may have it mixed up with another order, it's equally possible he's pulling a fast one and timed his claim once he believed the item was already on it's way to him.

But first, respond to his claim asking if it's possible he has your item confused with another. If he persists that you sent him the wrong item line, pull out the "I haven't even shipped it yet" card and catch him in a lie. Then feel free to refund his money and report him to eBay with the clear evidence that he was trying to scam you.

That's how i would handle it. Maybe someone else with more eBay experience can chime in.

What the hell happened to eBay's saved search email alerts?

I have a bunch of searches for various trades/graphic novels. People commonly list them under Books or in the Collectibles>Comics >TPB category. If I'm looking for the trade, I don't want to see the single issue results. So I specifically set up my searches in those two categories and for months if not years it worked fine. Then once ebay switched to this "Searches you follow" shit and changed the way the emails look, I've been getting garbage returns on my search results where it ignores the specific parameters I once set. For example one search might be Batman Title in Collectibles>Comics>TPBs, sort by price low to high. That search now results in me getting emails for Batman Title in every Collectibles category sorted low to high. So now I get an email with 300 results because it includes tshirts, shot glasses, and hundreds of single issues that comprise the trade collection, and all of that is useless to me.

Is anyone else having this type of problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? If I go to "Searches you follow" and click the link, it takes me to the specific search I set up, but I'm definitely not getting the emails with that specificity.

I just shipped out some PC parts on ebay. The address I am sending to is 1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200 

Erlanger KY 41025 I noticed something was off on the address. PP says its a verfied address. Its a global shipping center.

I noticed its going outside of USA. I dident realize it was going out of country. With that address how will the buyer get the item?

If the buyer doesnt get the stuff am I liable for INR claim?? 

I just shipped out some PC parts on ebay. The address I am sending to is 1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200

Erlanger KY 41025 I noticed something was off on the address. PP says its a verfied address. Its a global shipping center.

I noticed its going outside of USA. I dident realize it was going out of country. With that address how will the buyer get the item?

If the buyer doesnt get the stuff am I liable for INR claim??
fuck it dude, I wouldn't send it.

You shouldn't be liable, but since it's not the Ebay Global shipping center, they will hose you.

That is probably going to the Cincinnati Airport, or a shipping center close to it. I wouldn't fuck with it though.

fuck it dude, I wouldn't send it.

You shouldn't be liable, but since it's not the Ebay Global shipping center, they will hose you.

That is probably going to the Cincinnati Airport, or a shipping center close to it. I wouldn't fuck with it though.
I kinda already shipped it. It said I had seller protection and the guy Im shipping to has 100% Feedback with 140 left.

It has a Confirmed PP address so thats why I shipped it.

I kinda already shipped it. It said I had seller protection and the guy Im shipping to has 100% Feedback with 140 left.

Typically, once it gets to the address you were given, that's where your responsibility ends. Whenever I get orders that go to a courier, I have signature confirmation as proof that it was signed for by the courier. If it doesn't make it to the end-user, that's no longer on me. I fulfilled my obligation to get it to the middleman that was designated by the buyer.

Only one time did I have an issue, and I simply pointed out to the buyer that the courier signed for it so they would need to contact them for the status of the shipment. Never heard back from the buyer.

I've sent stuff to forwarding locations before. As long as it gets to the PP confirmed address, you're fine for an INR.

If a buyer says something got damaged for a SNAD, you can point out the buyer used a forwarding service and you're not responsible for the damage they or subsequent shipping services do. I don't know if it's always winning argument, but it's the best you can do to shift blame to the buyer.

I don't know what the "F" CookieParty is going on about though. Just because its a forwarding location doesn't mean they're automatically scammers.

Sorry I know this is the EBay thread but there isn't an Amazon sellers thread that I'm aware of:

Anyone know why starting in mid-November that only professional sellers will be able to sell any DVD with an MSRP of over $25? The email I got said it doesn't affect Blu-Ray's at all or cheaper DVD's but more expensive ones are a no go anymore.

Guess it's a good thing I sold Yugioh season 3 on DVD for $200 last August, that's what funded my Vita purchase. :) I also sold a bunch of old anime that fall and used that to help me rebuy my PSP RPG library as downloads.

I need an opinion on the ethics of this. I'm selling a pair of shoes with two days left on auction. I get a message earlier from a guy in the immediate area that says he is interested in them and is willing to travel to my town or surrounding area (he listed his town and it's almost an hour away from me) to pay in cash if I'd let him since it would save me on shipping fees and the like. I didn't notice until just now but he's also a new user or a negative one as he has 0 feedback (I can't remember how to look up user profiles) as I make my auctions not sell to anyone with 0 feedback so I'm assuming this might be why he is messaging.

Do you think it would be worth it to close the auction and sell it to the guy if we can agree on a price or should I just keep it going and if we come to a deal then sell it then close it of course to keep my options open. I don't think it's ethically a bad thing to do since I see people close auctions all the time for reasons but just curious what you guys here think. Don't get me wrong, in hypothetical situations say they sold but that guy offered me more or they sold and I didn't get what I wanted I would close before I had to ship them (shoes or whatever items) I would not do either as I honor my agreements but in this case since the things have been sitting there in auction if I took care of things before they sold I don't see why it would be a big deal. I suppose I could also allow him to bid too despite his feedback but I'm not quite sure how to arrange that (I see people block 0 feedbacks but say in descriptions to message if interested if feedback is low) but then there's the issue that if he wins and assuming he doesn't have a way to pay then I'd have to meet the person and then risk getting screwed out of cash assuming he can't pay so I screw myself out of a sale and have to relist when I could have had this set straight by doing a deal prior.

So what would be my best option and/or what would you think of my proposed idea?

Sorry I know this is the EBay thread but there isn't an Amazon sellers thread that I'm aware of:

Anyone know why starting in mid-November that only professional sellers will be able to sell any DVD with an MSRP of over $25? The email I got said it doesn't affect Blu-Ray's at all or cheaper DVD's but more expensive ones are a no go anymore.

Guess it's a good thing I sold Yugioh season 3 on DVD for $200 last August, that's what funded my Vita purchase. :) I also sold a bunch of old anime that fall and used that to help me rebuy my PSP RPG library as downloads.
It said so in the email, they're doing it to curb the sale of bootleg dvds.

Guess it's a good thing I sold Yugioh season 3 on DVD for $200 last August, that's what funded my Vita purchase. :) I also sold a bunch of old anime that fall and used that to help me rebuy my PSP RPG library as downloads.
It's just Amazon trying to cut out shady sellers with shitty bootleg merchandise. What I'm wondering if this will finally open it up so I can list some of my HBO series, since those are restricted to preapproved sellers.

It's just Amazon trying to cut out shady sellers with shitty bootleg merchandise. What I'm wondering if this will finally open it up so I can list some of my HBO series, since those are restricted to preapproved sellers.
I never realized Amazon had rules like that. Only certain people can list HBO shows?

The $25 DVD things - wouldn't that encourage more bootlegs? I'd think most bootlegs would be less than that.

I never realized Amazon had rules like that. Only certain people can list HBO shows?

The $25 DVD things - wouldn't that encourage more bootlegs? I'd think most bootlegs would be less than that.
Yeah, certain HBO shows are restricted. Game of Thrones and Curb your Enthusiasm being two of them.

That should be the address for the eBay global shipping center. Basically, your listing enabled eBay to become the middleman. You're in the clear once it reaches the U.S. destination. eBay charges the buyer a shipping markup and takes care of the international delivery while profiting on the shipping upcharge.

I need an opinion on the ethics of this. I'm selling a pair of shoes with two days left on auction. I get a message earlier from a guy in the immediate area that says he is interested in them and is willing to travel to my town or surrounding area (he listed his town and it's almost an hour away from me) to pay in cash if I'd let him since it would save me on shipping fees and the like. I didn't notice until just now but he's also a new user or a negative one as he has 0 feedback (I can't remember how to look up user profiles) as I make my auctions not sell to anyone with 0 feedback so I'm assuming this might be why he is messaging.

Do you think it would be worth it to close the auction and sell it to the guy if we can agree on a price or should I just keep it going and if we come to a deal then sell it then close it of course to keep my options open. I don't think it's ethically a bad thing to do since I see people close auctions all the time for reasons but just curious what you guys here think. Don't get me wrong, in hypothetical situations say they sold but that guy offered me more or they sold and I didn't get what I wanted I would close before I had to ship them (shoes or whatever items) I would not do either as I honor my agreements but in this case since the things have been sitting there in auction if I took care of things before they sold I don't see why it would be a big deal. I suppose I could also allow him to bid too despite his feedback but I'm not quite sure how to arrange that (I see people block 0 feedbacks but say in descriptions to message if interested if feedback is low) but then there's the issue that if he wins and assuming he doesn't have a way to pay then I'd have to meet the person and then risk getting screwed out of cash assuming he can't pay so I screw myself out of a sale and have to relist when I could have had this set straight by doing a deal prior.

So what would be my best option and/or what would you think of my proposed idea?
You can only cancel auctions that have at least 24 hours remaining. If it's a BIN, then you can obviously close it at anytime. Just do whatever is best for you. If it's a fair deal, take the offer from the guy since he drove to you. For offline transactions, you should have a ballpark price because it'll be a giant waste of your time if the guy has free will to negotiate the asking price.

That should be the address for the eBay global shipping center. Basically, your listing enabled eBay to become the middleman. You're in the clear once it reaches the U.S. destination. eBay charges the buyer a shipping markup and takes care of the international delivery while profiting on the shipping 1upcharge.
Yea... like a third of my sales go there. You guys really don't sell much to international buyers, huh.

Yea... like a third of my sales go there. You guys really don't sell much to international buyers, huh.
I'm always surprised by how many things go through the global shipping program. I know everyone says it really gouges the buyer, but I still get a ton of people buying through it. Sometimes cheap things that I have up for 15 dollars up to things that are like 300. I wouldn't say a third, but I drop off at least a few things each week that are going to the shipping center in Kentucky.

I'm always surprised by how many things go through the global shipping program. I know everyone says it really gouges the buyer, but I still get a ton of people buying through it. Sometimes cheap things that I have up for 15 dollars up to things that are like 300. I wouldn't say a third, but I drop off at least a few things each week that are going to the shipping center in Kentucky.
I think it's 1/3 because of what I sell. I don't have high volumes, but I sell a lot of hard to get stuff, like SDCC items, limited editions, and things of that nature.

Alright, asking for some advice as I fucked up. Anyone who saw my previous post to explain what I did I went ahead and met the guy, sold the item, no issues. I read up on ending listings early and since mine was under the clothing category and had a BIN it said something along the lines as long as the current bid isn't 50% of my BIN I can end it. Unfortunately the Help box I read didn't mention anything about it had to be done before 12 hours or less was left in the auction. It's not letting me end it now so yeah my mistake and I feel bad now as now I'm going to have someone disappointed/pissed at me probably.

The auction doesn't end until like 9pm tonight (I'm EST) so what should I do to rectify this before things get anymore convoluted? Never had an issue like this so I don't want to resolve it quick. I see I have the Sell Item button when I click the End auction option...assuming it lets me do this can I do that and then refund when the person pays me or can I do that and then do something else (since I assume I'll be waiting in between for the last bidder to pay).

Again I didn't mean for this to happen and this was precisely why I tried to do this whole thing quick but wasn't aware I had a 12 hour window on the last day so before anyone says anything yes I know it's my fault and I was dumb.

The easiest thing would be to have a friend or family member buy it. Then just cancel else it after. They dont even have to submit payment - they just win it and then request cancellation and you agree.

I have a friend who is helping me with that. It won't let him buy it since there's bids I assume on it yet the BIN is still posted on it. He's the highest bidder but can the bids go past the BIN price (even though it's not letting anyone buy it now as I assume you can't once bids are in) as I'm thinking from reading somewhere in auctions with a BIN they can't exceed whatever the BIN was.

That leads me to two further questions -

If I'm wrong in this thinking and someone outbids him (which can happen as he only put in that one bid and isn't checking later) what will happen once this winners pays. Do I have to request a cancellation or can I just refund him immediately and tell the person why and I don't need to request anything.

Even if the thing with my friend can work, should I edit my description and title saying not to bid or say not available anymore but eBay is forcing the listing to stay? I'm pissed at myself for this mess I made, it's not something I usually do and it's my fault for not knowing about that 12 hour thing and this is why I've always refrained from doing these sort of things.

I have a friend who is helping me with that. It won't let him buy it since there's bids I assume on it yet the BIN is still posted on it. He's the highest bidder but can the bids go past the BIN price (even though it's not letting anyone buy it now as I assume you can't once bids are in) as I'm thinking from reading somewhere in auctions with a BIN they can't exceed whatever the BIN was.

If I'm wrong in this thinking and someone outbids him (which can happen as he only put in that one bid and isn't checking later) what will happen once this winners pays. Do I have to request a cancellation or can I just refund him immediately and tell the person why and I don't need to request anything.

Even if the thing with my friend can work, should I edit my description and title saying not to bid or say not available anymore but eBay is forcing the listing to stay? I'm pissed at myself for this mess I made, it's not something I usually do and it's my fault for not knowing about that 12 hour thing and this is why I've always refrained from doing these sort of things.
If there's not a reserve on the item, then once a bid is placed, the BIN will disappear. Yes, bidding can exceed the BIN price...I've seen it happen plenty of times. You probably want to request a cancellation. I think if the high bidder accepts the cancellation, you get your final value fees back. If you just outright refund the high bidder, you'll still be stuck paying the fees on the item.

What's the point in your friend trying to help you if he's only putting in one bid and not checking it later?

Get him to put in a very high max bid no sane person is going to try and top. A bid high enough you could rebuy the item from elsewhere and then some. Then cancel the transaction when he wins. And if some insane person tops that? Then just go buy a new whatever and send it to that person and you'll probably break even if not make some money without risking the negative on cancellation.

Or just find a CAG or someone online who is willing to help jack up the auction price and accept the cancellation later if your friend won't bother to do it.

What's the point in your friend trying to help you if he's only putting in one bid and not checking it later?

Get him to put in a very high max bid no sane person is going to try and top. A bid high enough you could rebuy the item from elsewhere and then some. Then cancel the transaction when he wins. And if some insane person tops that? Then just go buy a new whatever and send it to that person and you'll probably break even if not make some money without risking the negative on cancellation.

Or just find a CAG or someone online who is willing to help jack up the auction price and accept the cancellation later if your friend won't bother to do it.
Have him him bid a $1000 for it. Then he will win and as long as someone sends a cancellation request you won't lose any fees.

Kids today - don't even know about schilling. lol

Again I didn't mean for this to happen and this was precisely why I tried to do this whole thing quick but wasn't aware I had a 12 hour window on the last day so before anyone says anything yes I know it's my fault and I was dumb.
Yeah I'm annoyed that you didn't read my post since I took the time to write it and I warned you exactly of the 12 hour rule (I mentioned 24 hours but basically that's the same thing). At least you owned up to it though.

eBay once caught me on a shill bid of my own item once. It must have been because of somebody reporting me because I've done it several other times before without getting caught. eBay takes it pretty seriously. When they gave me a policy violation, the email was pretty stern with a serious tone to it. Speaking of which, I notice that eBay has removed the policy violation tracker under your seller account. You used to be able to see how many violations you had and when they would clear. Now, you don't see it at all. Apparently it's been removed for about a year now when I googled the change. That's annoying because I feel like if you're monitoring your account, eBay should be transparent with your standing. In the past, they would clear after 3 months so hopefully that's the still the case but big brother eBay feels the need to not disclose that to us. Joy. :end rant:

I probably don't pay attention as much as I should but I did get this in my email from Paypal.

"We're increasing the time for buyers to file merchandise disputes (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days."

Perfect - just what I want to give for everything - a 6 month return policy.

I probably don't pay attention as much as I should but I did get this in my email from Paypal.

"We're increasing the time for buyers to file merchandise disputes (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days."

I hear you...

If you weren't affected much by the 45 day window, six months shouldn't be much worse. The only thing I'm worried about though is buyer's remorse purchase on items that don't have a S/N around the holidays. Could be a lot of buyers purchasing hard to find items for a premium in November/December, finding them on sale for much cheaper in retail stores in January and February and then doing the old return swaperoo.

Hopefully the sellers that are hit the hardest are the ones who brag about doing that themselves in the Target/WM/Best Buy threads.

LAME. :(

Can't wait to get scammed!!

Question. I'd like to sell a vintage camera with a large rechargeable battery. Does UPS or FedEx allow batteries?
When I returned my Samsung Gear Fit watch to Amazon a few weeks back, it went UPS. But I had to print and attach a separate label to the outside of the package stating the contents contained a Lithium Ion battery. As long as it's disclosed and doesn't go via Air, you should be fine.

bread's done
Back