The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neocisco']The 'E could never book El Generico in anything even remotely as interesting as his previous angle with Steen. Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to Final Battle next month.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. The card from top to bottom looks fantastic and will easily be worth $15 to order. That even includes Jerry Lynn's final ROH match which is against...
rohspoiler.jpg

[quote name='Demolition Man']You and me both. The card from top to bottom looks fantastic and will easily be worth $15 to order. That even includes Jerry Lynn's final ROH match which is against...
rohspoiler.jpg
.[/QUOTE]

Is that Maria with the Prodigy dude?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is that Maria with the Prodigy dude?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, and adding that as well as Strong vs Elgin to a good card already I might spend the 15 on this.

In an odd twist of fate, ROH has been more difficult to follow since they got on tv. I would love to get back into watching them.

WWE signed El Generico? Only by accident. If so, they signed someone sight unseen because he has internet buzz around him. Sorry, his physique is the antithesis of what WWE wants, even in the "post-HGH" era. The moment he takes his shirt off around Vince McMahon he'll be shitcanned along with the person that hired him.

Can we stop deluding ourselves about what the WWE is like or will do? They'll fucking ruin El Generico in every way possible.

[quote name='mykevermin']In an odd twist of fate, ROH has been more difficult to follow since they got on tv. I would love to get back into watching them.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. When they first got a TV deal I tried to make an honest effort to watch, but as the weeks passed I kept missing more and more shows until I completely lost track.

Last thing I remember was that Jimmy Jacobs started calling himself "The Zombie Princess".

Honestly until I saw they had the iPPV in RI a few months ago I never knew we got RoH here, ever since then I haven't missed an episode and I think right now wrestling wise it is the best hour on TV. I am trying to get the wrestling fans at work into this company because all they know is the WWE.

With Generico I think the IWC at large would love to see him get a WWE payday yet loathe the nigh-inevitable gimmick burial and swift release that awaits him.

The highlight of the Attitude Era documentary: *immediately* following a video segment featuring Big Boss Man driving a police car carrying Big Show's dead father's casket on a trailer hitch (and Big Show leaping on top of the moving casket), the narrator, with no irony, says that Raw began to pull away from WCW in the ratings due to "its superior storytelling."

yow.

It was corny, but nowhere near, say, Shitswoggle or a John Cena promo.

[quote name='Spyder187']After seeing that and now knowing that, the IWC shits on WWE while holding that type of product up makes sense how?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s A 30 second online video pushing a sale versus storylines and promos that make it on to a major cable channel week after week? Come on now.

WWEShop has a pretty big sale going on now, with an additional 20% off and free shipping on top of any sale prices. Nothing jumped out to me personally in the blu-ray/dvd offerings, but someone elses may findd something they like.

[quote name='Genocidal']WWEShop has a pretty big sale going on now, with an additional 20% off and free shipping on top of any sale prices. Nothing jumped out to me personally in the blu-ray/dvd offerings, but someone elses may findd something they like.[/QUOTE]

Coupon code doesn't work, but that's the best price that Best of Raw 2010 has ever been. That freakin' blu has never dropped in price.

[quote name='Spyder187']After seeing that and now knowing that, the IWC shits on WWE while holding that type of product up makes sense how?[/QUOTE]
WWE marks say some pretty stupid shit, but...god damn...

[quote name='Genocidal']WWEShop has a pretty big sale going on now, with an additional 20% off and free shipping on top of any sale prices. Nothing jumped out to me personally in the blu-ray/dvd offerings, but someone elses may findd something they like.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. I picked up the Raw 15th Anniversary set and the Smackdown 10th Anniversary set for just under $12 shipped. Hopefully they package them better than the last time I ordered. I got a couple of the Survivor Series sets awhile back and they got crushed in the mail.

[quote name='Scorch']Coupon code doesn't work, but that's the best price that Best of Raw 2010 has ever been. That freakin' blu has never dropped in price.[/QUOTE]

The code worked fine for me.

[quote name='MisterModest']WWE marks say some pretty stupid shit, but...god damn...[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic because of the unhappiness I have read in places over that guy being the head booker. Also, I am NOWHERE near being a WWE "mark" in any way. I think I stopped being a "mark" for anything when I turned 16. However, if, and that is a strong if, I was going to be accused of being a mark for any current day wrasslin company, it would have to be TNA, mainly over the past 6 months due to how they are really working on turning their shit around.

Little help here lads...

I've hit up TNA, ROH and WWE for cheap sales, is there anywhere else left?

SmartMark just had a 25% off sale, so I'm thinking no BF sale from them. I was unimpressed with the 40% off SELECT items at Highspots (but the 50% off best of 2012 on Monday looks nice) and I've heard nothing from RF video as of yet.

The DGUSA sale is not bad, but I only need a couple of DVDs from them, so the shipping would kill the deal for me, so I'm hoping to grab what I need from Highspots on Monday.

Am I missing any sales? I'm looking for some later Shimmer DVDs (but I don't want to grab the $100 pack on Sunday from Highspots as I have 4 of them already)

I always use BF to catch up on my wrestling DVDs and I would hate to miss out on a possible bargain.

Campaign staffer Twaine Don Gomes was reportedly among the first to make the matter of the bad checks public knowledge through local news media
If someone could ever use a taste of the WWE talent name generator......

[quote name='Spyder187']X-Pac heat?[/QUOTE]

Big Bird Heat. X-Pac didn't kill his career in a shoot.

[quote name='Spyder187']If someone could ever use a taste of the WWE talent name generator......[/QUOTE]

Woah, I think that exact name was third on my list for El Generico's FCW/NXT name.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I don't use this word lightly, but if this is true then Linda McMahon is a worthless fucking cunt:
http://freakoutnation.com/2012/11/2...-checks-a-condom-and-tells-them-youre-screwed[/QUOTE]

Saw this on Reddit. Caught me by surprise. I thought the McMahons were at least people. Apparently, I'm wrong. That is absolutely disgusting and straight-up criminal.

[quote name='ced']Big Bird Heat. X-Pac didn't kill his career in a shoot.[/QUOTE]

Big Bird heat. I love it. :applause:

[quote name='mykevermin']Woah, I think that exact name was third on my list for El Generico's FCW/NXT name.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking they'll name him something Hispanic. "Well, he bounces around like a Mexican, he must be Mexican" logic by Vince. My autocorrect for Google Chrome says "his panic." Maybe "Matthis Panic" if not "Los dos Burritos."

I picked up the $25 WWE 13 from Amazon. I'm hoping that if it doesn't have the Tyson code in it that it won't have a different UPC. The plan is to take that copy back to Walmart with my release day receipt and get back my $64.

I watched Impact on my DVR yesterday, after not really truly following any programs in some time.

Eric Young has become *really* impressive in the ring. Really crisp work, a confidence that I hadn't noticed in the past.

There are a lot of generic "oh boy another white dude with tribal tattoos" guys on the show - perhaps a bit too much of the gut check stuff? Introducing too many new people on one program, and guys who look far too much alike? But at least there's potential there. WWE guys are established as boring top card guys or boring jobbers. Can't make me interested in R-Truth, or Sin Cara. They're boring. Prime Time Players have impressed me, but the Colon brothers are boring, etc etc. WWE just isn't doing it for me. TNA has the potential, perhaps they'll actually use it.

Just wanted to comment that I noticed a huge improvement in Eric Young that I didn't notice in the past (maybe he's been really good all along and I couldn't get past his homeless hipster look?). I'm not a huge fan of TNA, but I kinda want to start watching more regularly now that they seem to be getting away from "evil general manager/owner" stuff that they (and all pro wrestling) had beaten to death over thepast 15 years or more.

[quote name='Survivalism']A fun fact that I'm probably the last to learn: Raven has an action figure for WWE, WCW, TNA and ECW.[/QUOTE]

Not that he ever would, but if Big Show ever jumped ship he could also join that list...and by winning the TNA title he'd be the only guy in history to hold every world title from the "major promotions" in the United States.

Man, WWE really dropped the ball with Raven (and Rhyno for that matter). So much potential there. Too bad he's in bad shape (from what I hear) or else he'd be great in a feud with Punk.

[quote name='mykevermin']I watched Impact on my DVR yesterday, after not really truly following any programs in some time.

Eric Young has become *really* impressive in the ring. Really crisp work, a confidence that I hadn't noticed in the past.

There are a lot of generic "oh boy another white dude with tribal tattoos" guys on the show - perhaps a bit too much of the gut check stuff? Introducing too many new people on one program, and guys who look far too much alike? But at least there's potential there. WWE guys are established as boring top card guys or boring jobbers. Can't make me interested in R-Truth, or Sin Cara. They're boring. Prime Time Players have impressed me, but the Colon brothers are boring, etc etc. WWE just isn't doing it for me. TNA has the potential, perhaps they'll actually use it.

Just wanted to comment that I noticed a huge improvement in Eric Young that I didn't notice in the past (maybe he's been really good all along and I couldn't get past his homeless hipster look?). I'm not a huge fan of TNA, but I kinda want to start watching more regularly now that they seem to be getting away from "evil general manager/owner" stuff that they (and all pro wrestling) had beaten to death over thepast 15 years or more.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing of EY. I always hated him but this week he looked great in the ring. Looks like he will be off tv awhile longer after the angle they ran with him though.

They usually dont have so many new faces on one show, this was just a special Gut Check episode to show off the winners of it. I still dont know how that tribal tattoo guy got a job.

You missed out on a great summer of wrestling action that took place in TNA. Interesting story lines, good matches, and very little to make you embarrassed to be a fan of wrestling. The opposite of what WWE has been doing. I never thought I would give up on WWE but I have, thankfully TNA is stepping its game up so I can still watch wrestling.

well, someone has to. i dvr Raw, Impact, and Smackdown. I usually delete them without watching, and tune in for a few minutes from time to time. Impact kinda held my interest for a bit, I have to say.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Man, WWE really dropped the ball with Raven (and Rhyno for that matter). So much potential there. Too bad he's in bad shape (from what I hear) or else he'd be great in a feud with Punk.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

Never knee there was an "original" Niccoli Volkoff in the 50's. Not to be confused with Beppo Mongol/please rise for the Russian National Anthem Nikolai Volkoff.

Punk wearing a Ferris Bueller outfit for the Chicago parade on Thursday was...kind of funny. I guess.

Speaking of Nikolai Volkoff, I happen to re-watch the WM17 Gimmick Battle Royal and hadn't realized he comes out to the Ludvig Borga theme. Just an odd selection to have a Russian gimmick come out to the Finnish national anthem.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']

Man, WWE really dropped the ball with Raven (and Rhyno for that matter). So much potential there. Too bad he's in bad shape (from what I hear) or else he'd be great in a feud with Punk.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the Rhyno/Tajiri tag team they did for a while. They had some fun matches.

[quote name='ced']Speaking of Nikolai Volkoff, I happen to re-watch the WM17 Gimmick Battle Royal and hadn't realized he comes out to the Ludvig Borga theme. Just an odd selection to have a Russian gimmick come out to the Finnish national anthem.[/QUOTE]

Vince: All those commies are the fuckin' same, no one will care.
Production assistant: But sir, Sweden i...
Vince: DO IT NOW DAMMIT

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']So who is going to dethrone Punk?[/QUOTE]

The Rock @ Royal Rumble. I also picked up WWE 13 at WalMart for $25, pretty easily. Cool game so far.

Something to be said for WWE '13 - they did their homework for the Attitude Era, and added details I wouldn't have otherwise noticed. Playing a match as post-Rock-as-corporate-champ screwjob, Mankind came down to the ring with the updated version of his original Mankind theme music - something I totally forgot existed.

Small touches. Would rather have seen collision detection fixed (I've had a few really, really wonky moments where dudes were stretched all the way across the screen), but I do appreciate this.

[quote name='mykevermin']Something to be said for WWE '13 - they did their homework for the Attitude Era, and added details I wouldn't have otherwise noticed. Playing a match as post-Rock-as-corporate-champ screwjob, Mankind came down to the ring with the updated version of his original Mankind theme music - something I totally forgot existed.

Small touches. Would rather have seen collision detection fixed (I've had a few really, really wonky moments where dudes were stretched all the way across the screen), but I do appreciate this.[/QUOTE]

Another small thing I liked that they had in the Attitude Era mode was having correct colors for the outfits that the wrestlers wore in the actual match. If you try and go into Superstar Threads, you'll notice that its most of those threads in AE arent even in there and they made it specifically for that mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back