The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']Austin Aries is the man.[/QUOTE]

Every time I see Aries in the ring or on the mic, I become a bigger fan.

I had a good laugh when he was on his back on Hogan's desk and asked Brooke how she does it.

TNA removing two PPVs from their line up in 2013. The two PPVs cut are Against All Odds (February) and No Surrender (September). Also Lockdown is being moved to March.

[quote name='Demolition Man']TNA removing two PPVs from their line up in 2013. The two PPVs cut are Against All Odds (February) and No Surrender (September). Also Lockdown is being moved to March.[/QUOTE]

Good. Fewer PPVs = more time to build. Having a 'major' show every 4 weeks allows no opportunity to build a genuine feud or anticipate the eventual altercation.

Compare that to my excitement for tomorrow's season finale of Boardwalk Empire, where clearly some big shit is going to go down. If that were a $10 PPV, I'd order it hands down. OTOH, I don't think I've ordered a wrestling PPV since ECW One Night Stand 2006.

Got to see Matt Hardy wrestle tonight and I was actually pleasantly surprised. He put on a hell of a match, but still lost. The guy he's facing hasn't lost yet and has been facing most of the legends/special guests. February's guest is wait for it, wait for it, Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Yawn.

April's guest is John Morrison though, so I'm definitely more excited for that show. If any of you guys are in the Illinois area, you should make the drive down to LaSalle. It's a hell of a show.

14371_555719714442809_82050544_n.jpg

[quote name='Aldogg']Pretty funny stuff Demo, too bad no way the Rock ever turns heel and works with Shield.[/QUOTE]

The Rock already went full heel when he ruined the G.I. Joe movie franchise.

[quote name='Spyder187']The Rock already went full heel when he ruined the G.I. Joe movie franchise.[/QUOTE]

1) The first film didn't do that already? Did you *see* that monstrous shitshow of the first film?
2) You're criticizing him for ruining a series based on a film that hasn't been released. Cool move, dude.

Shield is ostensibly working "for" someone. Could they be working for Rock, trying to preserve Punk's reign so Rock gets that shot at RR? Seems reasonable enough. I'm kinda interested in seeing where it goes, though I'm still enjoying TNA more currently.

[quote name='mykevermin']Good. Fewer PPVs = more time to build. Having a 'major' show every 4 weeks allows no opportunity to build a genuine feud or anticipate the eventual altercation.

Compare that to my excitement for tomorrow's season finale of Boardwalk Empire, where clearly some big shit is going to go down. If that were a $10 PPV, I'd order it hands down. OTOH, I don't think I've ordered a wrestling PPV since ECW One Night Stand 2006.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yeah at being amped for the Boardwalk Empire finale. Between that and the Walking Dead mid season break tonight I haven't been this jacked for one night of tv in a long time. If Richard would die on Boardwalk tonight I think I would go all "Stone Cold ET" on my local McDonald's tomorrow. :twoguns:

[quote name='Tsel']Got to see Matt Hardy wrestle tonight and I was actually pleasantly surprised. He put on a hell of a match, but still lost. The guy he's facing hasn't lost yet and has been facing most of the legends/special guests. February's guest is wait for it, wait for it, Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Yawn.

April's guest is John Morrison though, so I'm definitely more excited for that show. If any of you guys are in the Illinois area, you should make the drive down to LaSalle. It's a hell of a show.[/QUOTE]

I only live about an hour from LaSalle but it would take someone special for me to travel up there to watch an event, I'm not sure Hacksaw is quite going to do it for me haha. Can you usually meet the legends when they are there or do they split as soon as the show is done?

Shield seems to have some cool guys in it, I guess, but their attire kind of bothers me.

I might be nitpicking, but why would any wrestler dress like a task force agent? What do they have in their tactical vest pockets? Wrist tape? Some Icy Hot?

I know the uniforms represent their actions and motives, but it seems a little too Saturday Morning Cartoonish to me.

[quote name='cgarb84']I only live about an hour from LaSalle but it would take someone special for me to travel up there to watch an event, I'm not sure Hacksaw is quite going to do it for me haha. Can you usually meet the legends when they are there or do they split as soon as the show is done?[/QUOTE]

Haha, everyone kind of sighed when they announced Hacksaw being the special guest. It's kind of hit or miss. They always sign autographs in the lobby and they hang out before the show and take pictures and everything, but how long they stay usually differs. Rikishi was there a couple months ago and he just sat at the merchandise table for the rest of the show after his segment was done with. You could just walk up and have a conversation with him. He was a cool guy. Billy Gunn was there last month and I didn't see him after the autograph session was done.

I would say the one in April is the one to go to. There's no word on the March guest, but John Morrison will be cool to see, plus the guy he's facing is awesome. It's their Anniversary show, which is essentially Wrestlemania. You'd be surprised at the match quality. Yes, there are botches and yes, there are some terrible wrestlers, but overall, they put on some high quality matches and do some cool spots every now and then.

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']Who does the Shield work for?

BigBossmanwwf1999.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I feel like this joke could've been made without such a huge picture.

[quote name='Scorch']I feel like this joke could've been made without such a huge picture.[/QUOTE]

That and the joke isn't original in the slightest.

Also, does anyone follow Tyler Reks/Gabe Tuft on Twitter? Dude was going off on WWE. Apparently he got burned by them yet again and he decided it was time to provide some dirt. Among this screenshot, he said a bunch of the guys like Ziggler, Riley, Orton etc were all good guys, hardworking, etc. Someone asked if Sheamus was a nice guy and he replied with "No." He could just being bitter, but his stories don't sound too farfetched.
f2mtL.jpg

[quote name='Tsel']That and the joke isn't original in the slightest.

Also, does anyone follow Tyler Reks/Gabe Tuft on Twitter? Dude was going off on WWE. Apparently he got burned by them yet again and he decided it was time to provide some dirt. Among this screenshot, he said a bunch of the guys like Ziggler, Riley, Orton etc were all good guys, hardworking, etc. Someone asked if Sheamus was a nice guy and he replied with "No." He could just being bitter, but his stories don't sound too farfetched.
f2mtL.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Reks has a degree in Social Engineering... So, he's gotta knows this is career suicide, as far as being employed by the Dobble Dobble ever again. I don't see why he'd lie just to shoot himself in the dick.

And you know, Cena is on the top and has held onto it for quite some time... He's had to cut a few dozen throats to get up there.

[quote name='Brak']And you know, Cena is on the top and has held onto it for quite some time... He's had to cut a few dozen throats to get up there.[/QUOTE]

Kiss the right ass, squash the threats. It's how business is done. Shame Cena is so good at hiding that vindictive, prickly part of his personality. HBK was a top shelf heel in WWF precisely because he was so blatantly a horrible politician (e.g., the "lost my smile" speech, being beat up in a Syracuse bar, etc.) yet he still got away with anything and everything he wanted.

Cena comes off as the Company Man™ on television, so there's no vindictive, villainous part of him. No hook, no angle. Just Good Guy Super Hero charm.

Boring.

[quote name='Brak']Reks has a degree in Social Engineering... So, he's gotta knows this is career suicide, as far as being employed by the Dobble Dobble ever again. I don't see why he'd lie just to shoot himself in the dick.

And you know, Cena is on the top and has held onto it for quite some time... He's had to cut a few dozen throats to get up there.[/QUOTE]

My two cents:

Cena didn't cut any throats, he gave the guy a reality check.

You don't do moves like the Attitude Adjustment, RKO, etc. ESPECIALLY when your version is better, plain and simple. Gabe should have known this. No matter if the Cena story is true or not it's a sign of professional disrespect on Gabe's part especially since Cena's move has been established FAR longer.

CM Punk used to do a variation of the Pedigree off the top rope as a finish from what I understand. Safety reasons aside, he wouldn't dream of pulling crap like that in WWE because HHH would rape him professionally for making his move look like utter dog crap. (It's looked bad the past few years IMO but whatever). Stealing or improvising an established finished is only allowed when it's from someone outside the company.

If Bray Wyatt debuted on Raw and started doing a GTS with both knees, a Death Valley Driver, etc. he would suffer the same fate. Have a finish that is different enough without making someone else look bad, no matter how shitty their version is or how shitty/boring their character is.

If you want to call that "kissing company ass" or what have you then that is your right. I view it as a sign of respect, pure and simple. Wrestling has always been a cutthroat business but to even attempt to steal an established guy's thunder is a huge no-no.

[quote name='Brak']Reks has a degree in Social Engineering... So, he's gotta knows this is career suicide, as far as being employed by the Dobble Dobble ever again. I don't see why he'd lie just to shoot himself in the dick.

And you know, Cena is on the top and has held onto it for quite some time... He's had to cut a few dozen throats to get up there.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly sure that Reks is retired from wrestling altogether, so I don't think he cares either way. He wanted to spend more time with his family.

Things Cole called Dean Ambrose tonight:

Daniel Ambroose (Beginning of the show), Ambrooz (Dean Ambrose retreats from the ringside area at the end), Dean Ambrams (When The Shield jumped the Miz - sounded like Ambrams to me)

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']My two cents:

Cena didn't cut any throats, he gave the guy a reality check.

You don't do moves like the Attitude Adjustment, RKO, etc. ESPECIALLY when your version is better, plain and simple. Gabe should have known this. No matter if the Cena story is true or not it's a sign of professional disrespect on Gabe's part especially since Cena's move has been established FAR longer.

CM Punk used to do a variation of the Pedigree off the top rope as a finish from what I understand. Safety reasons aside, he wouldn't dream of pulling crap like that in WWE because HHH would rape him professionally for making his move look like utter dog crap. (It's looked bad the past few years IMO but whatever). Stealing or improvising an established finished is only allowed when it's from someone outside the company.

If Bray Wyatt debuted on Raw and started doing a GTS with both knees, a Death Valley Driver, etc. he would suffer the same fate. Have a finish that is different enough without making someone else look bad, no matter how shitty their version is or how shitty/boring their character is.

If you want to call that "kissing company ass" or what have you then that is your right. I view it as a sign of respect, pure and simple. Wrestling has always been a cutthroat business but to even attempt to steal an established guy's thunder is a huge no-no.[/QUOTE]
Wrestlers in WWE don't get to just pick and choose whatever moves or finishers they want. "Producers/Agents" put matches together, especially with the low card guys, and would have "ok'ed" the move. The "reality check" you're talking about should have been given to that "Producer/Agent".

Right. Reks wasn't working in a wrestling vacuum, unless you want to believe that nobody is paying any attention whatsoever to the curtain jerkers. Which is probably not a good business decision.

In other news, Umaga died 3 years ago today. Trivia.

[quote name='neocisco']See post #151.[/QUOTE]

Deleted it, because I know it's physically difficult for you to scroll through a post containing something already posted. I'll try to keep your index finger in mind the next time I don't double check before I post something.

Also, eat a dick.

[quote name='mykevermin']Right. Reks wasn't working in a wrestling vacuum, unless you want to believe that nobody is paying any attention whatsoever to the curtain jerkers. Which is probably not a good business decision.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying... even odds?

Two options the WWE will consider: Push Ryback over the Shield to rebuild the monster aura or Push Ryback over the Shield to fill the void.

For those with WWE 13, new DLC got released today. Unless you have the Fan Axxcess pack, all these guys will cost 80 pts each.

Ryback
Tensai
Drew McIntyre
Yoshi Tatsu
AJ Lee
Natalya

And Undertaker Ministry version is free to everyone. He takes up another slot so now he's tied with HHH for the most versions of one character in the game (3 - mohawk/current, Taker 96-97, and now Ministry).

Apparently you can't edit Ryback's attire.. so no updated looks for him. Lame.

I'm sure people will make updated CAW's with his moveset though.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']My two cents:

Cena didn't cut any throats, he gave the guy a reality check.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying he cut someone's throat in that instance.

Yea only thing I didnt like about Ryback. Technically though his current outfit from last night's Raw is correct, all you need to change is exactly what's editable in Superstars Thread (just change the design from yellow to green).

I also find it weird how they were able to give Ryback his current theme (when he just changed it a couple of weeks before the came out) yet Tensai has his debut theme but he's had his current theme for much longer.

Other than those two quirks, I'm loving the new DLC. Even the jobbers like Yoshi was useful cause I can now use his Roaring Elbow finisher for Wade Barrett's Bullhammer finisher.

According to what I read, the Ryback Punk match is out and it's The Shield vs Ryback, Kane, and Daniel Bryan.

[quote name='mitch079']According to what I read, the Ryback Punk match is out and it's The Shield vs Ryback, Kane, and Daniel Bryan.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Title match postponed, six-man TLC match to take its place.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/2012/Mr-mcmahon-issues-statement-regarding-injured-punk-wwe-tlc

EDIT: Also a bit confused on why this will be the "first time ever" that this kind of match only ends in a pinfall of submission. Are there even countouts or DQs in TLC matches to begin with?

TLC matches usually end with someone grabbing the belt.

And this thread is moving slow as shit. At this pace, we'll never get to the "Balls Mahoney is Xanta Klaus" thread in time for Christmas.
Xanta_Claus.JPG

Can't move a thread quickly if there's not a fucking thing worth talking about. WWE's product is hot trash dinner on a hot trash tray right now. It's so astonishingly dull.

Boardwalk Empire's finale was pretty magnificent, though. ;)

I'm not fully caught up on TNA yet, but I am enjoying what I am watching of it. I can get behind a few of those wrestlers.

*Riding Splash Mountain joke here*

I really hope he starts yelling "You can't divorce me, I'm already divorced!" while kneedropping the separation papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back