The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole deal ended up being a reverse-CAG scenario for me.  I think I had seen something about these cabinets once before, but didn't give them a second thought.  When I saw the Marvel Super Heroes and TMNT announcement, I became interested.  Then I saw this thread about the clearance pricing and became VERY interested, especially since I had one store that I could've swore showed THREE units I was interested in being in stock.   I debated and by the time I decided to go for it, they only had one of the 3 left.  I was so impressed, I HAD to have more.  After wasting time trying to push this deal through, I ended up getting one for $150, one for $240 (Wal-Mart gave me 20% off of the one I picked up for the confusion over the app pricing), two for full price, two risers at in-store full price, and two risers for either $32 each or free (the site doesn't think I picked them up, even though I told customer support I did... I have a feeling they will end up crediting me after the pickup window expires).  

The store with clearance pricing still has Space Invaders, Galaga, and Street Fighter II.  I don't think I can really make enough room, especially since I plan on getting TMNT/Marvel/Star Wars.  I would have loved the Centipede one - I drove around to two not-so-close Wal-Marts yesterday that said they had "limited stock" with the $75 pricing.  No luck.  

Su6XXPy.jpg

Looks like an awesome set up.  Sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped, but sounds like you'll get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Arcade tmnt also had better sprite work and smoother animation. Plus most importantly 4 player capabilities.
You are correct. And I for one, really enjoyed the TIT Reshelled remake - my kids and I had a lot of fun with it. And the arcade does have smoother animation, four player support, better scaling (though used less, and not for a purpose like that SNES Shredder boss).

I was just pointing out that it was a huge point of contention for many people when it came out. The SNES specific levels were cool, and they added back in some of the more familiar bosses like Bebop and Rocksteady on the pirate ship as well as the Rat King instead of just waves of aliens on the sewer stage. People just need to be aware that the Arcade1Up one will not have that.

You are correct. And I for one, really enjoyed the TIT Reshelled remake - my kids and I had a lot of fun with it. And the arcade does have smoother animation, four player support, better scaling (though used less, and not for a purpose like that SNES Shredder boss).

I was just pointing out that it was a huge point of contention for many people when it came out. The SNES specific levels were cool, and they added back in some of the more familiar bosses like Bebop and Rocksteady on the pirate ship as well as the Rat King instead of just waves of aliens on the sewer stage. People just need to be aware that the Arcade1Up one will not have that.
I'm glad you mentioned it - I still plan on getting it, but at least my expectations are in check. I did not remember the SNES version had more levels than the arcade version (if I ever knew it).

BS tells me a WM in my area has two Asteroids for $75. It's been that way for two weeks so I wonder if BS is wrong. Thought scalpers would have snatched up $75 ones quickly. Still can't commit to Asteroids since I don't particularly want it.

BS tells me a WM in my area has two Asteroids for $75. It's been that way for two weeks so I wonder if BS is wrong. Thought scalpers would have snatched up $75 ones quickly. Still can't commit to Asteroids since I don't particularly want it.
I’ve found bs to be wrong on the availability for 5/5 stores I’ve checked. The Walmart website knew inventory however. Not sure where the disconnect is.

I’ve found bs to be wrong on the availability for 5/5 stores I’ve checked. The Walmart website knew inventory however. Not sure where the disconnect is.
Yep, I trusted Brickseek over Wal-Mart's site and lost a couple of hours for it.

It looks like one of my cancelled store pick-up orders was added to the store's inventory or they coincidentally got another one in since it's now showing up for pickup "today". I ran to the store just in case they put it on the shelf. Nope. They did throw another Street Fighter out, though. At least, I could've swore I had only seen one before. When I saw an extra cabinet on the shelf and "Capcom" on the packaging, I thought I got lucky and they actually put the Final Fight cab I went to get on the shelf. I even started lugging it through the store until I glanced down and saw "Street Fighter". Ugh. The employee in electronics disappeared, the customer service line was long.... I think I am past the point where this is worth $150.

I have a store nearby that says two of the clearance cabs are in stock but I'm not interested in those. I really hope we see a price drop on Pacman at some point. Maybe they will start to clear some of the older ones out when the new ones release?

I have a store nearby that says two of the clearance cabs are in stock but I'm not interested in those. I really hope we see a price drop on Pacman at some point. Maybe they will start to clear some of the older ones out when the new ones release?
Same here really interested in Pacman, would pick up Rampage or Street Fighter if I find them $100 or lower. I already have a custom barcade my father and I made, so it's hard to spend the money on these knowing I can play whatever I want on it. Love the look of these though.

Hey, all. I just did a Walmart ship to store that was price adjusted down to the in-store price of $74.99. I said I picked this store due to the low price, can we adjust? Sure, no problem, she said. Completed the pickup, returned it, and bought for the lower price there at customer service.

Now, all that said ... it looks like it's been opened before, and there's a suspicious sound of something small tumbling through the box when I pick it up. Thinking I may have a dud, lol.

Hey, all. I just did a Walmart ship to store that was price adjusted down to the in-store price of $74.99. I said I picked this store due to the low price, can we adjust? Sure, no problem, she said. Completed the pickup, returned it, and bought for the lower price there at customer service.

Now, all that said ... it looks like it's been opened before, and there's a suspicious sound of something small tumbling through the box when I pick it up. Thinking I may have a dud, lol.
Lol hope it works... this does give me hope to try that!

I can't seem to get bricksek to find the MK cab sku. :(

edit:  google > brickseek search of course, and it found it, maybe, none in area, but I've seen it in store

I don't really feel the need to own any of these current machines but if they were to ever make an affordable household machine of the house of the dead I'd be wayyy the hell all over it

I can't seem to get bricksek to find the MK cab sku. :(

edit: google > brickseek search of course, and it found it, maybe, none in area, but I've seen it in store
That's the same as in my area. They're definitely in local stores but don't show on Brickseek. It's a disgrace! Thanks ObamaDog!

If they’re discounting these things it will inevitably happen near me. 5 Walmart’s around with 5-10 of each of these. They’re piled all over the electronics dept but not discounted yet. Patience.

Has anyone had luck going to a store that says limited stock?  Just wondering if it was worth it. 

On another note I saw they just removed a store completely from brick seek that was showing 5 in stock that were higher than the discounted 75.00 ones.  Not sure what that means. 

Has anyone had luck going to a store that says limited stock? Just wondering if it was worth it.
On another note I saw they just removed a store completely from brick seek that was showing 5 in stock that were higher than the discounted 75.00 ones. Not sure what that means.
I went to a store that showed 2 in stock of the Asteroid cabinet and they had none in stock, went to another store that said limited availability and they had 2 in stock, so I think it’s worth checking if you are interested.

I had also tried to get them to honor the in store prices online, which they said they couldn’t do, but gave me a $25 off $45 promo code, so I ordered a new tape measure and riser for around $23.

With that being said I’m pretty sure this thing is gonna cost me a bunch over time because I’m already planning a replacement deck and going with a RP3 Mame setup

Has anyone had luck going to a store that says limited stock? Just wondering if it was worth it.
On another note I saw they just removed a store completely from brick seek that was showing 5 in stock that were higher than the discounted 75.00 ones. Not sure what that means.
I’ve had no luck with limited stock.

I’ve had no luck with limited stock.

None at all. Even stores that say they have stock around me dont have any. I've checked about 10 Walmarts with no luck.

Damn you guys, totally have me interested in buying one of these.

Question from a newbie though - some people have mentioned the control stick configuration. If I wanted to get one and do all the modding stuff with a Raspberry Pi does the current control stick layout matter? I'm looking at the Centipede one for the price obviously, but is it advisable to get something that has like a 2 player / 6 button layout so that it's compatible with all games.

Damn you guys, totally have me interested in buying one of these.

Question from a newbie though - some people have mentioned the control stick configuration. If I wanted to get one and do all the modding stuff with a Raspberry Pi does the current control stick layout matter? I'm looking at the Centipede one for the price obviously, but is it advisable to get something that has like a 2 player / 6 button layout so that it's compatible with all games.
You could always mod the controls after the fact

Yes, if you are at a store that the item is on clearance it will.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ok, thanks. I work midnights so I stop at a store on my way home. But since it's a 24 hr store and 5:30 am all employees are stocking and no.one is available in electronics to scan anything. I've been checking with the app but wasn't sure if that was accurate. They have about 20 units taking up a ton of shelf space but none clearanced.

Brickseek found a $100 Rampage but its 5 hours away and Im kicking myself because I was just in that area yesterday. Who wants to pick it up for me and yourself? 4 left.

I'm still trying to luck into one of the MK cabinets for 175 that some peeps have found. Still 300 every time I check.
I am hoping to find a Final Fight cabinet for around that price myself. Seems like these newer ones aren't dropping in price as quickly. My brother picked up the MK cab though and it really reminded me that I don't like playing the old MK games anymore, they just didn't hold up like Street Fighter 2 for me. The cabinet looks awesome though.

bread's done
Back