The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the clearance pricing has stopped at the one Wal-Mart in my area that was selling these at half off.  

Not sure what you mean... are they all full price now?
All except for Final Fight, for some reason, which still comes up at $150. Everything else is $299.99 (it's unknown whether SFII's in store price is matching the current online price).

Even with the risers, aren't these Oompa Loompa size?  Better to get or build a full sized custom cabinet with thousands of emulated games, no?

Even with the risers, aren't these Oompa Loompa size? Better to get or build a full sized custom cabinet with thousands of emulated games, no?
If you can score one cheap these work well and come with lcd art work etc. If you bought an asteroid cab for 75 you can go to 1 up and by a street fighter control deck cheap, (When it is in stock) They sell most of their control decks between 25-35 bucks. My friend got the street fighter one for 37 shipped. He bought a street fighter pcb off ebay for 20. Arcade 1 up sells them for around 29.99. So now he has an asteroids and street fighter unit if he wants. Someone just sold a mortal kombat control deck and PCB for 80 on ebay. The downside to this is you wont get the full art work but the versatility is nice and your not getting fleeced.

I just don't have the room for full sized cabinets
I believe they're 3/4, so with a riser, you'd be looking at around normal height for the controls. The screen is going to be smaller, but unless you're really tall, you shouldn't have a problem. Even then, you can probably have a riser made that will make it even taller.

I watched a video of a guy comparing the A1UP unit with a riser to a a few original machines and the control decks were pretty much on the same level, give or take a few inches. The guy was 6'1'' and said it was comfortable.

All except for Final Fight, for some reason, which still comes up at $150. Everything else is $299.99 (it's unknown whether SFII's in store price is matching the current online price).
I wish Final Fight was $150 around me. Out of the ones that are out right now that is the only one I really want to own.

I wish Final Fight was $150 around me. Out of the ones that are out right now that is the only one I really want to own.
Final Fight is also my number one want, but Rampage/Gauntlet is a close 2nd. I used to play those games a ton when I was a kid.

Final Fight is also my number one want, but Rampage/Gauntlet is a close 2nd. I used to play those games a ton when I was a kid.
Rampage would be my second pick right now too. I'd buy that one if I saw it for $150 or less. I am willing to pay full price for the Marvel cabinet though, really want that one.

FYI- Arcade1Up confirmed on Twitter yesterday that the TMNT cab will be available in November.  Still no word on pre-orders, though.

FYI- Arcade1Up confirmed on Twitter yesterday that the TMNT cab will be available in November. Still no word on pre-orders, though.
Darn it!!! First I heard august, September, then October 13th. and now it's November? I suppose I could convince the Mrs. since the release date so far away, please let me buy that final fight cab in the meantime

Walmart near me had 6+ all of a sudden appear on brickseek for a $76 galaga. I ordered one for pickup. Instantly changed on brickseek to “4-5.” Still says 4-5 today. Walmart email today saying pickup delayed.

Riiiiiiight. Bastards.

Even with the risers, aren't these Oompa Loompa size? Better to get or build a full sized custom cabinet with thousands of emulated games, no?
Some people arent that mechanically inclined or have the tools to do so. If you dont have any of the stuff this is the cheapest way in I'd guess.

Some people arent that mechanically inclined or have the tools to do so. If you dont have any of the stuff this is the cheapest way in I'd guess.
And some people just like them. I built s rasp pi bartop a couple years ago. I’m currently working on an 80’s cocktail cab that I gutted and am rebuilding with a pc inside to emulate everything up to ps2 and Naomi arcade.

I bought an Arcade1up pacman before Christmas for $199 and I love it. I’d like to get another Arcade1up or 2. I don’t like the risers at all. It’s the perfect size for my 3 year old and works great for me sitting on a small stool. I think they are great as is (if you have realistic expectations) and are really great to mod or tinker with.

To each their own.

kwick7 said:
I bought an Arcade1up pacman before Christmas for $199 and I love it. I’d like to get another Arcade1up or 2. I don’t like the risers at all. It’s the perfect size for my 3 year old and works great for me sitting on a small stool. I think they are great as is (if you have realistic expectations) and are really great to mod or tinker with.

To each their own.
This. Was able to get Centipedes for $75 about a month ago, my 3 year old loves it and somehow started calling it the "time machine." It's perfect size for him, and he loves Crystal Castles, I think because it's similar to Pacman in that you collect dots, and he LOVES Pacman. The art on the cabinet is great and I really enjoy it. I'd love the Asteroids one just because I love that game, but haven't been able to snag one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I picked up a $75 asteroids for a friend a month or so ago. They had 3 at the time but I passed on getting myself one. I’m all for modding, but if I’m gonna gut the entire thing I’d rather just build from scratch.

I picked up a $75 asteroids for a friend a month or so ago. They had 3 at the time but I passed on getting myself one. I’m all for modding, but if I’m gonna gut the entire thing I’d rather just build from scratch.
It is not even about heavy gutting. The arcade 1up is selling the control decks dirt cheap. The Rampage has 3 sticks. Street fighter as well. (When in Stock) the control decks are complete painted and buttons and stick no protective overlay. They sell the street fighter pcb for 30 bucks. Pre cut perfection inthe pic below he added buttons but going this route you can get the best of both worlds cheap.

5n63dvv2r4a31.jpg

Often things look harder than they really are then when you look under the cover you are like  what???? That is all there is LOL

The link seems  hard to get to so here it is. it includes pcb's    rampage pcb 30    control deck 25 

https://arcade1up.com/collections/all?page=2

I can't wait for the second round to be come available

I snagged a $75 Asteroids! Of course the spinner is crap, but the cab is still worth the price to me. I do plan on modding it at some point, but it sure looks like I can swap it to another control board and have those games instead? Might get the 12-in-one and Rampage boards, they are only $30 each! Am I right about this? It looks like an easy swap.

I snagged a $75 Asteroids! Of course the spinner is crap, but the cab is still worth the price to me. I do plan on modding it at some point, but it sure looks like I can swap it to another control board and have those games instead? Might get the 12-in-one and Rampage boards, they are only $30 each! Am I right about this? It looks like an easy swap.
Curious too. If you bought an Asteroids machine, do you only need to buy a 12 in 1 control deck to turn it into the 12 in 1 machine or do you need a PCB too?

Also, whats the point in the Arcade1UP site saying the parts are on sale but having no prices or ability to buy them on the site?

EDIT: Ah, the parts you can't buy are out of stock I guess

Curious too. If you bought an Asteroids machine, do you only need to buy a 12 in 1 control deck to turn it into the 12 in 1 machine or do you need a PCB too?

Also, whats the point in the Arcade1UP site saying the parts are on sale but having no prices or ability to buy them on the site?

EDIT: Ah, the parts you can't buy are out of stock I guess
You would need the pcb board and the proper 1 up control deck. The stock goes in and out but One could try calling them. There is also ebay people selling gutted parts but remember they can over price. so I wouldn't pay more than I would get it from arcade 1 up. unless you are desperate.

You would need the pcb board and the proper 1 up control deck. The stock goes in and out but One could try calling them. There is also ebay people selling gutted parts but remember they can over price. so I wouldn't pay more than I would get it from arcade 1 up. unless you are desperate.
Thanks! A lot of folks on FB Marketplace are selling the boards after modding. Got a line on Rampage control deck and pcb for $40. May bite... or just wait til I can play that on a fully modded system.

Thanks! A lot of folks on FB Marketplace are selling the boards after modding. Got a line on Rampage control deck and pcb for $40. May bite... or just wait til I can play that on a fully modded system.
This great hobby stuff LOL Some of the Rampages have hidden games that can be access with a little soldering. ETA prime has an excellent video on how to do it. there is tweaking involved but It very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8x9w8RJns

Picked up a $75 Galaga today from Walmart in North Brunswick nJ- zip 08902.

I actually ordered it for store pickup last week- out of nowhere that one store had 6+ in stock for $75 and it actually let me order for pickup. Walmart being Walmart it just sat there for 2 days, they sold all 6, and then I get the email saying pickup delayed.

Turns out, they shipped a new one there for me for that store pickup order. I went there, picked it up, walked over to customer service with it and did a retur/rebuy for the $75. Lady didn’t give me a hard time at all and was actually quite friendly.

Perfect timing too. I ordered a GRS trackball that just came in yesterday. Will be converting this into a rasp pi system with a trackball. I’ll eventually use all the original parts and build something out of that (the galaga controls and board).

Picked up a $75 Galaga today from Walmart in North Brunswick nJ- zip 08902.

I actually ordered it for store pickup last week- out of nowhere that one store had 6+ in stock for $75 and it actually let me order for pickup. Walmart being Walmart it just sat there for 2 days, they sold all 6, and then I get the email saying pickup delayed.

Turns out, they shipped a new one there for me for that store pickup order. I went there, picked it up, walked over to customer service with it and did a retur/rebuy for the $75. Lady didn’t give me a hard time at all and was actually quite friendly.

Perfect timing too. I ordered a GRS trackball that just came in yesterday. Will be converting this into a rasp pi system with a trackball. I’ll eventually use all the original parts and build something out of that (the galaga controls and board).
brickseek still has them for 299. How much was the one you shipped?

That was a find I think that was the lowest I have seen for that unit. I wonder who makes the call on pricing?

I was hoping you said I just walked I had them price check and it rang up 75.00 LOL Wishful thinking
It was really weird. I check brickseek all the time for these things. “6+” just appeared one day for that store at $75- it’s like a shipment came in and the manager was like “I don’t want that crap, clearance it.” Funny that my store pickup was clearly another unit shipped to the store and I didn’t even have to argue to get the price adjustment. The first pleasant Walmart experience I’ve had in ages. And yeah, it rings up $75 in store there. So I did simply just do a return and rebuy.

Edit- now that I think about it, I told a friend it was $75 when I found it. He looked up his zipcode (somewhere in NC) on brickseek and said the store by home had 2 for $100. So I guess they are out there.

Here I was searching for a cheap Rampage box then I realized I have all the games on that box on Midway Arcade Classics on Xbox. With 4-player Gauntlet support no less. One less cabinet I need:).

That Marvel cabinet looks awesome.

Seems like the custom riser and light-up marquee.
Hard to tell - they list the light-up marquee with the Star Wars game, too, and they aren't calling that a special edition, but maybe.... I ordered it, so I sure hope it's more than the custom riser, even though I do like the custom riser. I just doesn't "go" with my other 4 Arcade 1Up risers. I may have to see if I can find some other place to put these three new cabinets since they will stand out next to the older ones. Maybe Arcade 1Up will sell light-up marquees for the old ones. I think they'd be easy enough to swap out.

Hard to tell - they list the light-up marquee with the Star Wars game, too, and they aren't calling that a special edition, but maybe.... I ordered it, so I sure hope it's more than the custom riser, even though I do like the custom riser. I just doesn't "go" with my other 4 Arcade 1Up risers. I may have to see if I can find some other place to put these three new cabinets since they will stand out next to the older ones. Maybe Arcade 1Up will sell light-up marquees for the old ones. I think they'd be easy enough to swap out.
Did they charge you already, or do they wait until they ship?

There are people out there making them. I seen a cheap version and an expensive one. You can also get them customized. This one guy turned his into a Mortal kombat 11 unit. The skin was expensive but that imo is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye9IPYkxUT8&t=611s

I am patiently waiting for arcade 1up to release at home versions of The House Of the Dead and HotD2. I would be ecstatic and would def pay more than I should for them

Limited edition marvel superheroes exclusive up for preorder on arcade1up.com for $399.99: https://arcade1up.com/products/marvel-cabinet

8000 available, not sure exactly what is different from the regular version.
It also includes Japanese arcade joysticks and buttons from Sanwa. Fighting game fans mainly use this brand for its quality, not like the generic Lego parts Arcade 1up uses in their other cabinets. Those parts alone will already cost around $70 not including tax and shipping. Then there is some certificate since only 8000 will be made and to celebrate 80 years of Maaahhhhvelll

I almost pulled the trigger on the Limited Edition Cabinet. So tempting! I love those games, I just don't love the price. Star Wars though...yeah they already have my money. Just have to provide a link for me to spend it. 

bread's done
Back