The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also want to mention I am selling a complete pi2jamma setup since I've moved onto PC based MAME setup in my cabinet.  

It is a plug/play setup into a JAMMA cab and already configured with MAME,  however you would have to hook up buttons 4,5,6 for p1 and p2 but it's just running a couple wires.

Any interest shoot me a message and I can give more details.  If this doesn't belong here either, let me know and I'll delete it.

According to reddit, a spokesman for Arcade1up said that there will be a one day sale on July 9th, with prices being $300-400 off. I believe arcades like X-men and the Simpsons were mentioned.

The details about this are a bit strange. Something about there being an in person event on that day, but then the sales going online later, but unspecified. If more information comes along I'll post it. Just keep a look for July 9th to see if something you're interested in goes on sale.
I'll admit this piqued my interest again, but I think I'm just over these. When these games were only being released in the cabs, it made the cabs way more appealing. But now we're getting home ports on current consoles, and I can just use my existing arcade sticks. Sure, some like 'The Simpsons' and 'X-Men' haven't, but I feel like it's only a matter of time now.

I'll admit this piqued my interest again, but I think I'm just over these. When these games were only being released in the cabs, it made the cabs way more appealing. But now we're getting home ports on current consoles, and I can just use my existing arcade sticks. Sure, some like 'The Simpsons' and 'X-Men' haven't, but I feel like it's only a matter of time now.
Simpsons was on PS3 at one point. Delisted now I believe but my old console still has it installed, so I guess moot point overall. Still has potential to be revived though.

Simpsons was on PS3 at one point. Delisted now I believe but my old console still has it installed, so I guess moot point overall. Still has potential to be revived though.
Yeah, PS3 and Xbox 360. I just feel like these rights holders will want to get the most money out of the properties as possible, and they really don't have to do anything other than approve it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/vu44xi/arcade1up_charitysample_sale_facts/
More details about the sale tomorrow, sounds like different online sale prices will be revealed throughout the day.

I'm hoping the pinball machines are really cheap. I was considering buying the AtGames Pinball from Sam's Club but it's still $699.99 at my local store and I have given up hope of it ever going on clearance.
I have extremely low expectations, but I’ll be keeping an eye out tomorrow.

I have very limited space in my barcade. I can part with 1 (of 2) multicades and I can maaaaybe squeeze in another cab. So I’m looking at the possibility of adding 1, maybe 2 cabs max, in the near future. I’m reserving one of those for Daytona, should it ever actually happen.

So it looks like you have to submit a claim for the item using a document link and then they send you an invoice days later. You won’t even know the price until you get the invoice and there is no combined shipping for multiple items. What kind of nonsense is that to not tell you the price right away even if you aren’t committed to buy it.

I would have tried to get Outrun for $49 but on the Reddit post with people watching the livestream, someone said it was in person only.

Edit, and they are water damaged, that's why they are only $49

They dropped Mars Attack pinball down to $500 too...none around me, and I'd much rather have Marvel or Star Wars.
If it helps, you can do some steps to get all 30 pinball games on one machine. So if you find one machine for cheap, you can essentially justify it as a shell for any or all the current Arcade1Up pinball games.

Reading reviews, people seem to complain more about the actual pinball size for the Marvel and Star Wars games, making it hard to follow and react to with the flippers.

If it helps, you can do some steps to get all 30 pinball games on one machine. So if you find one machine for cheap, you can essentially justify it as a shell for any or all the current Arcade1Up pinball games.

Reading reviews, people seem to complain more about the actual pinball size for the Marvel and Star Wars games, making it hard to follow and react to with the flippers.
Yeah - the A1UP pinball machines are kinda sad because they were so close. Higher resolution and a larger monitor would've really made them great. As it is, they are a good idea with some decent compromises. They are still fine, but the compromises are disappointing.

The price above still seems to be valid.  There's more than 1500 available, so the price could drop more if they're looking to eliminate the stock.

$450 is a great price on the pinball since it’s so easy to soft mod it and add all 30 (or more) pinball tables to it.

I’d personally want the Attack From Mars cabinet if only for the art, but at the end of the day everyone should have all 30 anyway.

Pretty cool, depending on the price. Nice list of games. It makes me regret my Marvel Super Heroes cab a little, even though it's the limited edition cab.

It is misleading to say something hasn't been available since a certain amount of time, because they're only referring to digital. Yes, the physical versions on PS2, Xbox and DC are a little expensive, but I've had MvC2 on DC since near it's release and can play it at any point, with better fighting sticks.

Wifi is nice though.

The thing is, the list of games is large, but it's also a list of similar fighting games that do what mvc2 does, but with less. It's like releasing an arcade cabinet of the sims 4, with the sims 1, 2 and 3 also included. It's all probably there to help boost the price, but if you are already playing Mvc2, why bother playing any of the others?

The thing is, the list of games is large, but it's also a list of similar fighting games that do what mvc2 does, but with less. It's like releasing an arcade cabinet of the sims 4, with the sims 1, 2 and 3 also included. It's all probably there to help boost the price, but if you are already playing Mvc2, why bother playing any of the others?
They should have thrown on there a 2 player version of X-Men the arcade game for some variety. Heck even the two genesis xmen games as a bonus.

According to reddit, price is $600.

This is ultra day one for me. I regret never modifying my Naomi cab to play MvC2 before getting rid of it before moving, but this makes up for it. And holy shit wifi wtf.

They should have thrown on there a 2 player version of X-Men the arcade game for some variety. Heck even the two genesis xmen games as a bonus.
The two SNES games offer some decent variety, and both are very enjoyable. I have a feeling that since all of the included games are Capcom games that makes the licensing less complicated and cheaper for them.

Couldnt help but notice the legal stuff at the bottom of the MvC2 page spells Arcade1Up wrong. Also i dunno why, but it's funny to me they got Justin Wong to say 4 words just to advertise this thing

looks really nice though

I need more details, such as is this a true Naomi port with hardware to match or is this just a emulation package. Are they doing anything special with this one, like Sanwa parts, etc. I already have MvC2 working on the modded cab, but it's not 100% perfect and needs save states to unlock the full roster from boot. I'm definitely in JUST to have it for MvC2 if they're doing this one justice.

It doesn't seem like there's anything special about the cab or components outside of the "custom" side panel art, if going by the official description

I need more details, such as is this a true Naomi port with hardware to match or is this just a emulation package. Are they doing anything special with this one, like Sanwa parts, etc. I already have MvC2 working on the modded cab, but it's not 100% perfect and needs save states to unlock the full roster from boot. I'm definitely in JUST to have it for MvC2 if they're doing this one justice.
No Sanwa, have to mod it.

Full roster unlocked from boot.

It was only said during a live stream so it's not easy info to find.

No Sanwa, have to mod it.

Full roster unlocked from boot.

It was only said during a live stream so it's not easy info to find.
I figured as much, but IDK what's so hard about putting together a presentation slide to communicate important info when your job is to sell. :roll:

Good to know, thanks. I'd also hazard a guess they're going with bare-bones parts for the PCB so it's probably the final port that was made for consoles. I'm really torn on this one. :whistle2:k

I figured as much, but IDK what's so hard about putting together a presentation slide to communicate important info when your job is to sell. :roll:

Good to know, thanks. I'd also hazard a guess they're going with bare-bones parts for the PCB so it's probably the final port that was made for consoles. I'm really torn on this one. :whistle2:k
Because communicating that particular info to people would probably be more likely to decrease sales. The fact you probably went from "all-in" or even "cautiously optimistic" to "torn" after getting your answer all but confirms that.

So in essence, the guy probably is doing his job by witholding the information or making it difficult to find. :)

I have the Star Wars A1UP machine, got it for $500 from kohls a few months back.  I love it!  Lots of fun, good variety of games, love the build quality of the machine.  I am a huge SW fan, so that may be clouding my perspective, but I'm happy to have this in my little home arcade.  I won't be pursuing another pinball machine, though.  

I've watched the Youtube reviews, but I'm still torn. Anyone here have any firsthand experience with these?
I bought Attack From Mars for my mom as a surprise. She always played that game when we'd go to the arcades when I was a kid.

The thing has a great look if you're looking for a somewhat legitimate looking machine. Attack From Mars and Medieval Madness play really well. The other 8 games...not so much. Tales of Arabian Nights and the Fishing game are okay. The others suffer from the screen perspective and not really being great games. They just pad the numbers to 10.

Considering the cost of a real machine. I was okay just expecting 2 of them to be fun. The machine was a huge hit with my mom, and other family members really like it as well.

I did have a few issues. The G-Sensor did not work right. That controls the 'push' movement, allowing for shaking the machine or Tilting it as well. The Z-Axis was always in random motion, and doing the diagnostic check, it would randomly spike, which would cause the game to Tilt Lock, and you would lose your ball. I opened the machine and disabled it. While doing that, I noticed one of my solenoids did not work. There's 4 of them, but a back one was not firing.

I contacted Arcade1Up, and after a few e-mails, they sent me the replacement parts for free, and quickly.

My mom really likes it. As a gamer, the 720p screen has never bothered me. Also, the standard glass has never been an issue either. Online, many people complain the plexiglass makes it impossible to see the screen well, that the horizontal lines ruin the game. I've put in many hours of play against my mom when I see her, and neither of us have had that issue.

I would consider buying another one of these if they made another real pinball deck like Attack From Mars.

I would also recommend it if you're looking to add some neat addition to a game room or play space. I got it for my mom because during the pandemic she made a neat bar in her basement, and it looks great with it. It definitely can be costly, and people note that you can get more tables for a PC, with better resolution and pricing, but for the novelty, I really like it.

I've watched the Youtube reviews, but I'm still torn. Anyone here have any firsthand experience with these?
I personally love mine. I have had both the Star Wars and attack from Mars but I sold the attack from Mars when they came out with mod that let you put all 30 tables on one cabinet. It’s a very simple mod and you can even buy FX tables on android and put them on your machine. Just YouTube it it’s all pretty easy. Overall when people come over it gets more played than anything else I have and I have one modded machine with 10,000 games and a modded Ms. Pac-Man Cabinet. It’s not as good as real pinball but it’s still a lot of fun.

LOL $600 for that piece of shit.  Wow.

"Here is a $600 Blitz without anything you liked about Blitz."

The NFL knows that the only way they can really protect their players from lifelong health issues is by switching to another sport. But at least they can pretend to care about player health by removing comic violence from a decades-old arcade game.

I hate to ask, what's the name of the football team based in Washington DC going to be called in these versions of NFL Blitz, NFL Blitz '99, and NFL Blitz 2000: Gold Edition?

bread's done
Back