The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone still seeing arcade 1up machines in their local Walmarts ?
I've noticed the selection shrink... but I feel like this is kind of what happens every year and then they ramp back up as the holiday shopping season comes... sort of like they do with other more seasonal large items.

atgames pinball or arcade1up pinball?

watching videos atgames looks like the better overall option. can you add the pinball tables that are on the 1up tables to the atgames unit??

I've noticed about half the Walmarts around me got rid of their A1UP sections...usually smaller stores with smaller market areas.
When the MSRPs for some of these new offerings, they may be pricing themselves out of the Walmart audience, and that's too bad.

When the MSRPs for some of these new offerings, they may be pricing themselves out of the Walmart audience, and that's too bad.
Even when they were 400 I feel that’s too high for Walmarts typical demographic…. sucks though cause now I can’t get the machines on clearance anymore. When they’d go on sale people would buy them and flood offer up etc as they tried to flip them. So many people did that, so the prices went back down to clearance prices. I’ve bought most of my machines for Walmart clearance prices via offer up.

Even when they were 400 I feel that’s too high for Walmarts typical demographic…. sucks though cause now I can’t get the machines on clearance anymore. When they’d go on sale people would buy them and flood offer up etc as they tried to flip them. So many people did that, so the prices went back down to clearance prices. I’ve bought most of my machines for Walmart clearance prices via offer up.
Had the same conversation with my wife yesterday. The $299 - $350 range was perfect for the typical Wal-Mart customer, but even myself I am having a hard time thinking about investing $650 in some of these new machines even though I understand the upgrades over the Gen 1 models. SF3 Third Strike is about the only thing I could justify spending full price on anymore. I would love to get a cheap Simpsons, but with unlimited continues I feel like I will play it once and never touch it again.

Paying $600+ for something of the build quality that these things are is ridiculous.

$200 and maybe $300 max for the 4 player cabinets is more like it, even though I personally would never do that.

Have they made any improvements to these recent cabs that are retailing for so much more than the cabs that debuted a few years ago? Or are we just left to assume that the price increases are due to inflation and supply chain issues, like everything else these days?

Have they made any improvements to these recent cabs that are retailing for so much more than the cabs that debuted a few years ago? Or are we just left to assume that the price increases are due to inflation and supply chain issues, like everything else these days?
I'm pretty sure it's the latter mostly, since Arcade1Up started raising prices towards the beginning of lockdowns. Most newer cabs do have wi-fi enabled online play, but as far as the actual build quality, I think it's the same that started with the second wave.

I mean, I think it's pretty clear that they've moved on to profit mode. They had to price the systems initially to be more affordable to gain a foothold in the marketplace, then once they felt like they had earned enough of a devoted fanbase, they then shifted to profit mode, to maximize thier earnings before people moved on to the next grown up toy hotness.

That definitely makes sense, though I personally think the original prices were a tall ask in the first place. When they were games or arcade ports not really available anywhere else, I definitely saw the appeal (and bought one myself), but now it seems most everything on these units can be purchased, legally, elsewhere for relative pennies. I see this happening for the recent NFL Blitz cab, because the NFL loves money.

Like, I love a good match in any 'Street Fighter,' but instead of paying $400-600 on a cabinet with maybe 8-10 entries in the series where you must hunch over a relatively small screen, it makes so much more sense to play the Anniversary Collection, on any number of current platforms where arguably better sticks and buttons are available.

At this point, someone must be dead set on a home arcade to continue to pay these prices for these cabinets. In my opinion anyway.

Didn't even know Target was going to carry these again, so that's interesting. I think I can pass on this for now and if it ever goes on sale then it was meant to be. Otherwise, I can still play an imperfect version on the modded cab I have.

Didn't even get a chance to post live links for A1U and BBY, sold out in 2 minutes and then 5 minutes, respectively.

If you want this, better watch Wario64 or Walmart like a hawk.

I just bought that one from Best Buy a month ago, for $350.. ugh.  Only difference is the $350 one came with a stool.  Wish I would have waited..still haven't opened it yet but the return window has apparently expired.

There are ways to mod the console also, but you'd have to add buttons to be able to make it really worth it.
I've got a little Marvel countercade that has the usb drive mod. It got an update that allows you to map all 6 buttons and there is a 24gb file for video previews of the roms which is nice.

I think the big ones require a good amount of extra work from what I know. A 2 button game isn't great for that. I'm better hoping that the MKII cab goes to $200 again.

edit: Simpson's price is back up and MvCII is live

Arcade1UP Marvel vs. Capcom II, 8 Games in 1, Video Game Arcade with Matching Riser - Walmart.com

Has the neo geo cabinet (the one that’s arcade 1up size) ever gone on sale ?
Not to my knowledge. Best bet is either wholesale retailer (where I got mine for $400) or Facebook marketplace. Even then I think the lowest I've seen on FB marketplace (midwest) has been $350-$400.

Tempest & Street Fighter Legacy cabinets (Walmart version, so no included riser or light-up marquee) have been marked down to $199 w/free shipping.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade-1Up-Atari-Legacy-12-in-1-without-riser/103429811

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Street-Fighter-12-in-1-Capcom-Legacy-Arcade/143780129
I was trying to remember, but I don't think Tempest had a light up marquee in the original arcade version. Regardless, that is a pretty cool cabinet with a nice selection of games.

Any upcoming arcade 1up machines announced recently ?
Nothing official. A Time Crisis cabinet was leaked on Gamefly's store page early this year along with Blitz and MvC2, but A1U hasn't officially said anything, so it's probably getting pushed back to next year.

and of course I slept on the Kombat arcade from walmart for 199 and missed it....   so now I really want a MK machine :whee:  :rofl: .  Any of the 3 versions will do, so maybe I'll get lucky near black friday.

Random update: NFL Blitz and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are out but the online functionality is still not released. Oops.

bread's done
Back