The Indie Gala bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanksfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Yes, yet another indie bundle, but like the Humble Bundle, you can set your own price and donate to charity as well. The games only register on Steam, but that won't be a problem for most here. You get a key for each individual game, so you can gift whatever you do not personally want if you feel like it.

http://www.indiegala.com/

Legend:
steam-icon.png
- Steam
android-icon.png
- Android
desura.png
- Desura
GG - GamersGate
:pc: - DRM-free

Indie Gala Dwarves

Start Date: March 20, 2013
End Date:
Total Raised:
Total Purchased:
Average Price:
Group Buy thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:
:pc: Nosferatu - The Wrath Of Malachi Wikipedia Entry
GG Street Racing Syndicate
steam-icon.png
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Music-player-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week

Beat the Average:
GG Guilty Gear Isuka
GG Gun Metal
steam-icon.png
A Game of Dwarves
steam-icon.png
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
steam-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week
steam-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week

===============================================

Happy Hour guidelines:

*Happy Hour happens at random times: sometimes as early as 4 days after the bundle going live, but most often during the second week of sales.

Happy Hour! Double Gifts! During Happy Hour time New buyers for every gift purchase get a 2nd bonus gift for free (2x1)! All gifts are doubled! Remember to check 'IS IT A GIFT'! *If you have not purchased the current Indie Gala yet, you can buy two for one during happy hour

And if you are an early buyer the deal is EVEN BIGGER!

Yes! If you already bought the current indiegala bundle, you get 2 bonus gifts for free for every gift purchased ( 3 x 1 ) *If you have already purchased the bundle, but you did not purchase it in the first week, you can buy three for one

And if you bought it in the first week you get 3 bonus gifts for free for every gift purchased ( 4 x 1 ) *If you already purchased the current bundle and did so in the first week of the current bundle going live, you can buy four for one

Remember to check 'IS IT A GIFT' ! if you want to take advantage of Happy Hour. You have to check this also if, after purchasing a bundle for yourself with your own email address, you want another additional bundle for you. If you don't, transactions amount will sum on your original email account and you can upgrade your purchase, obtaining more bonuses if you previously didn't unlock it, or more galapoints.

REMEMBER: (Gift purchases are not upgradable and don't contribute to upgrade your personal account for unlock new content.)
***For Happy Hour, you MUST use the same e-mail you used when buying your first bundle, and you MUST check the gift option below the payment method. You have to buy again during Happy Hour to receive gift copies.

CAG Group Buy Hosting FAQ

Q: I see all of these CAGs hosting group buys for people. What's that all about?
A: It's a way for CAGs to help each other get the best deal. One person will buy the bundle during the first week, then they will buy four gift copies at the highest tier during Happy Hour. This person is referred to as the host. They then try to sell these to participants for a fraction of the price of buying the "beat the average" bundle individually, plus some extra to distribute the cost of the initial bundle purchase in the first week. The host gains money back, and the participants get the full bundle for a fourth of the cost. Everyone wins.

Q: How do I host one?
A: To host a CAG group buy, you must first purchase the Indie Gala full BTA (beat the average) bundle in the first week (this has been changed since the previous bundles). This will allow you to purchase four additional bundles for the price of one during a Happy Hour, as stated in the Happy Hour post above. Now, it does matter how much you initially spend, as you must purchase the full bundle in order to purchase full bundle four-packs during Happy Hour. Then, once Happy Hour starts, you buy a gift copy for the current "beat the average" price, which will be listed on the Indie Gala page. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK "IS IT A GIFT" TO GET FOUR GIFT COPIES.

Q: It's asking me for multiple e-mail addresses. What do I do?
A: Just skip that part. The links to the gifts will be added to your account page (which is another reason why you must always use the same e-mail address when ordering from Indie Gala). Most hosts will send out the gift URLs to their participants in a PM.

Q: Is it hard to do?
A: No, it's very quick and easy. Just keep track of which gift URLs you have sent to which people, and you will be fine.

Past Galas

Indie Gala I

Start Date: December 5, 2011
End Date: January 6, 2012
Total Raised: $84,513
Total Purchases: 45,635
Average Price: $1.81

Games Offered:
steam.png
Saira (Nifflas Games, 2010)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 1 (Sigma Team, 2007)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 2 (Sigma Team, 2009)
steam.png
Your Doodles Are Bugged (Spyn Doctor Games, 2011)
steam.png
inMomentum (Digital Arrow, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Untold (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Duality (Exosyphen Games, 2011)
:pc: Vizati (Different Pixel, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Terra Firma EP" - The Flashbulb, 2011
"Love As Dark Hallway" - The Flashbulb, 2011
"Good Luck " - Robot Science, 2011
"Doodads" - Robot Science, 2010
"Reptilians" - Starfucker, 2011
"inMomentum OST" - Gareth Coker, 2011

Indie Gala II

Start Date: February 4, 2012
End Date: March 20, 2012
Total Raised: $132,735
Total Purchases: 32,483
Average Price: $4.08

11.gif

Games Offered:
steam.png
Roboblitz (Naked Sky, 2006)
steam.png
Greed Corp (Vanguard Games, 2010)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 1 (Sigma team, 2007)
steam.png
Fortix 2 (Nemesys Games, 2011)
steam.png
Critical Mass (Manic Games, 2011)
steam.png
Bunch of Heroes (NGD Studios, 2011)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 2 (Sigma Team, 2009)
steam.png
Your Doodles Are Bugged (Spyn Doctor Games, 2011)
steam.png
inMomentum (Digital Arrow, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Untold (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Duality (Exosyphen Games, 2011)
:pc: Postal (Running with Scissors, 1997)
android-icon.png
Fruitblitz (Rubicon Development, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Beautiful EP" - The Numbers, 2011
"Fit The Paradigm" - Jack Butler, 2011
"Good Luck" - Robot Science, 2011
"Doodads" - Robot Science, 2010
"Squares" - Robot Science, 2011
"inMomentum OST" - Gareth Coker, 2011

Indie Gala III

Start Date: March 24, 2012
End Date: April 15, 2012
Total Raised: $88,563
Total Purchased: 25,234
Average Price: $4.69

Games Offered:
steam.png
Flatout (Bugbear Entertainment, 2006)
steam.png
Twin Sector (DNS Development, 2009)
steam.png
Trapped Dead (Crenetics, 2011)
steam.png
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes (Silent Dreams, 2010)
steam.png
Greed: Black Border (Clockstone, 2010)
steam.png
Future Wars (Radon Labs, 2010)
:pc: Gear Grinder (Headup Games, 2010)

Music Offered:
"Chiptune Hero" - DJ Cutman, 2011
"All Night Party" - Electric Children, 2011
"Viper EP" - F-777, 2011
"Re-Motion Vol.2" - F-777, 2010
"Squares" - Robot Science, 2011

Other Bonuses:
Sonia The Cruel - Part 1 (comic)

Indie Gala IV

Start Date: April 24, 2012
End Date: May 15, 2012
Total Raised: (info needed)
Total Purchased: (info needed)
Average Price: (info needed)

Games Offered:
steam.png
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution (Kot-in-Action Creative Artel, 2011)
steam.png
A.R.E.S.:Extinction Agenda (Extend Interactive, 2010)
Free code from Blade. Say thanks if you redeem it! 5N3EH-AVYXQ-BTK6Q
steam.png
Alien Shooter (Sigma Team, 2003)
steam.png
Disciples II: Gallean's return (Strategy First, 2005)
steam.png
Altitude (Nimbly Games, 2009)
steam.png
Really Big Sky (Boss Baddie, 2011)
steam.png
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded (Sigma Team, 2009)
:pc: Wake (Boss Baddie, 2010)
:pc: Lunnye Devitsy (Boss Baddie, 2009)
:pc: DEADEND - Cerebral Vortex (MEMBRANOS Interactive Media Studio, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Really Big Sky OST" - MrPineapple Band, 2011
"Tormishire OST" - MrPineapple, 2012
"Pretty Things EP" - Giraf$$$e, 2011
"Opus At The End Of Everything" - The Flashbulb, 2012
"Arboreal" - The Flashbulb, 2010
"Im Cwazy" - Dubstep'n'Stuff, 2012
"ReMotion - Vol.1" - Kr1z & F-777, 2010
"Comfort" - Giraf$$$e, 2011

Indie Gala V

Start Date: May 27, 2012
End Date: June 14, 2012
Total Raised: $90,958.80
Total Purchased: 25,817
Average Price: $5.62

Games Offered:
steam.png
Making History: The Calm & The Storm (Muzzy Lane, 2007)
steam.png
Beat Hazard (Cold Beam Games, 2010)
steam.png
Razor2: Hidden Skies (Invent4 Entertainment, 2012)
steam.png
Ironclads Collection (Totem Games, 2008-2011)
steam.png
Space Empires IV Deluxe (Malfador Machinations, 2000)
steam.png
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge (Invent4 Entertainment, 2009)
steam.png
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves (Strategy First, 2003)
steam.png
Puzzle Kingdoms (Infinite Interactive, 2009)
:pc: Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness (Targem Games, 2005)
:pc: WRC: FIA World Rally Championship (Milestone S.r.l., 2010)
:pc: Ninja Blade (From Software, 2009)
:pc: SBK X: Superbike World Championship (Milestone S.r.l., 2010)

Music Offered:
"The Last Seduction" - Baron Von Luxxury, 2012
"Biggest Failure Of All Time" - Losers Come From Above, 2012
"YOU Are" - Electric Children, 2011
"Deadmau5 - Strobe (Gameboy Remix)" - DJ Cutman & An0va, 2012
"Powerglove (It's So Bad)" - DJ Cutman feat. Benjamin Briggs, 2010

Indie Gala Mobile

Start Date: June 18, 2012
End Date: June 24, 2012
Total Raised: (info needed)
Total Purchased: (info needed)
Average Price: (info needed)

Games Offered:
android-icon.png
Cardinal Quest (tametick, 2012)
android-icon.png
Great Little War Game (Rubicon Development, 2012)
android-icon.png
Legends of Yore (Coke and Code, 2012)
android-icon.png
Smiles/Smiles HD (Mike Kaszprak, 2012)
:pc: Pitri 1977 (ilikescifi Games, 2012)
:pc: Manor of the Damned (Milestone, 2011)
steam.png
Turba (Binary Takeover, 2010)

Music Offered:
"Soundtracks for Everyday Adventures" - Lullatone, 2012
"Smash It" - F-777, 2012

Indie Gala VI

Start Date: June 25, 2012
End Date: July 10, 2012
Total Raised: $75,261.80
Total Purchased: 19,631
Average Price: $6.24

Games Offered:

steam.png
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (Pyro Studios, 1998)
steam.png
The Void (video game) (Ice-Pick Lodge, 2008)
steam.png
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty (Pyro Studios, 1999)
steam.png
Commandos 2: Men of Courage (Pyro Studios, 2001)
steam.png
Ion Assault (Coreplay, 2009)
steam.png
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars (Games Farm, 2011)
steam.png
Cargo! – The Quest for Gravity (Ice-Pick Lodge, 2011)
steam.png
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (Pyro Studios, 2003)
steam.png
Trauma (Krystian Majewski, 2011)

Music Offered:

"Elevator Music" - Lullatone, 2011
"Trauma Soundtrack" - Martin Straka, 2011

Other Bonuses:

The Void - Bonus Content (parts 1-5)

Indie Gala Mobile 2

Start Date: July 18, 2012
End Date: July 25, 2012
Total Raised: $20,425.83
Total Purchased: 4,028
Average Price: $6.24

Games Offered:

android-icon.png
The Lost Souls
android-icon.png
Battle Group
android-icon.png
desura.png
Ichi
android-icon.png
Xelorians
android-icon.png
Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Lands
android-icon.png
Little Stars for Little Wars 2
android-icon.png
Tiny Plumbers
desura.png
Spin Deluxe
desura.png
Cute Things Dying Violently
android-icon.png
N-Back (BTA)

Music Offered: (all BTA)

"Little Stars for Little Wars 2 OST" - Trevor Golas, 2012
"Arcade" - Im Cwazy, 2012
"Viper EP" - F-777, 2012
Tiny Plumbers OST
"Spin Deluxe OST" - IZucken, 2012

Indie Gala 7

Start Date: July 27, 2012
End Date: August 12, 2012
Total Raised: $90,373.89
Total Purchased: 25,409
Average Price: $6.29
Group Buy thread [subject to change]: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:

Rig N' Roll
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Space Rangers
Unlocks Second Week Unlocked Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943

Beat the Average:
Death to Spies
Death To Spies: Moment of Truth
King's Bounty Armored Princess
UFO Afterlight
Unlocks Second Week Unlocked Star Wolves

Secret Bonuses: (all BTA)

NONE

Indie Gala 8

Start Date: August 28, 2012
End Date:
Total Raised:
Total Purchased:
Average Price:
Group Buy thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:

Dangerous Waters
:pc: Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness
:pc: Sentinel 3: Homeworld
:pc: Superstars V8 Racing

Beat the Average:
Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold
:pc: Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Secret Bonuses: (all BTA)

Unlock Second Week

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the group buy thread to reflect the current bundle and changed the name of the thread to hopefully cut down on confusion.

Is there a way to turn a current thread into a wiki, or do we need to create a whole new thread?

What a great bundle. I don't have ANY of the games included this time around. That's a first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they add Theatre Of War 2: Africa 1943. One of my friends has been trying to get me to buy that one for a while. Went ahead and got a bundle, and I'm giving away some of the games that don't really interest me too much.

I posted this over in the Indie gala thread on the trading forum, but I should probably point it out here too. There seems to be a little bit of confusion about how the Happy Hour works. Genocidal noticed that you get an extra discount if you buy multiple gift copies right now in what are called "Gift Packs". He assumed that this would carry over into Happy Hour and you could stack the two discounts. That would obviously drop the price per copy even lower. Unfortunately, this is not how happy hour works. Or at least, this is not how it has worked in the past.

During Happy Hour, the "Gift Packs" are disabled. So you can only buy one gift (which turns into 2, 3 or 4) gift copies. It's possible that they will allow you to stack the gift pack with the Happy hour this time around, but I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='The End']I posted this over in the Indie gala thread on the trading forum, but I should probably point it out here too. There seems to be a little bit of confusion about how the Happy Hour works. Genocidal noticed that you get an extra discount if you buy multiple gift copies right now in what are called "Gift Packs". He assumed that this would carry over into Happy Hour and you could stack the two discounts. Which would drop the price per copy even lower. Unfortunately, this is not how happy hour works. Or at least, this is not how it has worked in the past.

During Happy Hour, the "Gift Packs" are disabled. So you can only buy one gift (which turns into 2, 3 or 4) gift copies. It's possible that they will allow you to stack the gift pack with the Happy hour this time around, but I wouldn't count on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out.

So I know people were having trouble purchasing...but is anyone having trouble getting their bundle? I purchased fine, was charged, recieved email saying I bought it...but on my profile page it shows no games under Indie Gala 7 and says I paid $7...

EDIT: Well now they have randomly showed up...

[quote name='The End']I posted this over in the Indie gala thread on the trading forum, but I should probably point it out here too. There seems to be a little bit of confusion about how the Happy Hour works. Genocidal noticed that you get an extra discount if you buy multiple gift copies right now in what are called "Gift Packs". He assumed that this would carry over into Happy Hour and you could stack the two discounts. That would obviously drop the price per copy even lower. Unfortunately, this is not how happy hour works. Or at least, this is not how it has worked in the past.

During Happy Hour, the "Gift Packs" are disabled. So you can only buy one gift (which turns into 2, 3 or 4) gift copies. It's possible that they will allow you to stack the gift pack with the Happy hour this time around, but I wouldn't count on it.[/QUOTE]

How recent past are we talking? My 20 gift purchase of Indie Gala 5 would disagree with you.

[quote name='Genocidal']How recent past are we talking? My 20 gift purchase of Indie Gala 5 would disagree with you.[/QUOTE]

I tried to do it with IG4 and it wouldn't let me.

You really managed to do it with IG5? You bought a 5 bundle "Gift pack" and got 20 copies?

I'm surprised you were able to do that. Makes me wonder if they changed the policy or if they just forgot to disable stacking on the gift packs. It wouldn't be the first time they screwed something up.

I guess we'll have to wait until Happy Hour to know for sure.

[quote name='mink-e']Updated the group buy thread to reflect the current bundle and changed the name of the thread to hopefully cut down on confusion.

Is there a way to turn a current thread into a wiki, or do we need to create a whole new thread?[/QUOTE]

Look on the right side of the section under the "tags" section but before your OP post. See the link that says "Thread Tools"? Click on it, then at the bottom there's a radio button for "Wikify Thread."

[quote name='Blade']Look on the right side of the section under the "tags" section but before your OP post. See the link that says "Thread Tools"? Click on it, then at the bottom there's a radio button for "Wikify Thread."[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton! Group buy thread is now wikified.

[quote name='The End']I tried to do it with IG4 and it wouldn't let me.

You really managed to do it with IG5? You bought a 5 bundle "Gift pack" and got 20 copies?[/QUOTE]

What exactly happened when you tried to do it with IG4? Did it give you any sort of notice/indication that the gift packs were disabled during happy hour? Or did it seem like it was glitching out?

Wouldn't surprise me if the site was glitching out, which enabled Genocidal to stack the gift packs with the happy hour gifts.

I purchased the bundle and I should be getting all of the games but for some reason I haven't gotten the keys emailed to me. I wrote them an email on this subject but they have no yet responded to me, I also tried the resend keys button but that didn't work either. If they are really busy I understand but jeez its been 5 hours.

[quote name='IceCweam']I purchased the bundle and I should be getting all of the games but for some reason I haven't gotten the keys emailed to me. I wrote them an email on this subject but they have no yet responded to me, I also tried the resend keys button but that didn't work either. If they are really busy I understand but jeez its been 5 hours.[/QUOTE]

They are on Italian time so it's somewhat late there now but I can also say from experience it may take them about a day or so to get back to you. Don't expect a response right away but they should get back to you eventually.

[quote name='Motoki']They are on Italian time so it's somewhat late there now but I can also say from experience it may take them about a day or so to get back to you. Don't expect a response right away but they should get back to you eventually.[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks for the reply, I hope they can get my keys to me asap :)
Ive never bought a indie bundle before so I hope my first will be a good experience. :)

[quote name='Larce80']was there a happy hour yet?[/QUOTE]

No. There probably won't be one for two or three more days. The bundle just started and usually they let it go for a few days to sell as many as they can and then my guess is when the sales start to taper off then they do the happy hour stuff.

Anyway, I don't recall them every intentionally doing one on the first day.

[quote name='sunghost']What exactly happened when you tried to do it with IG4? Did it give you any sort of notice/indication that the gift packs were disabled during happy hour? Or did it seem like it was glitching out?

Wouldn't surprise me if the site was glitching out, which enabled Genocidal to stack the gift packs with the happy hour gifts.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I wasn't as ambitious as Genocidal. I tried to do a 2-pack gift pack which would have amounted to 8 gift bundles. When I tried to check out, it just simply wouldn't advance to the paypal payment page. As soon as I reduced the number of gifts to 1 gift, I had no problems checking out.

When I ran into that problem, I suddenly had a memory of somebody from Indie Gala saying that the two promos weren't stackable. And so I just made a mental note that you couldn't stack the two promos.

Interestingly enough. I went back in this thread to some posts from February to see if anybody had quoted the what was initially said about the start of Happy Hours and I found this post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9387766&postcount=306

I'm starting to think that it was me who encountered a glitch and that the gift pack & Happy Hour do stack. I can't explain my memory of them saying that the two promos didn't stack. I'm pretty sure that I read it somewhere, but I can't find any evidence to that fact. Maybe I'm just wrong on that point. *Shrugs*

We'll know for sure when happy hour rolls around, but I think that Genocidal might be right.

So is there any advantage to beating the average now? Price likely to drop? (I plan to host during Happy Hour later) I know I only have to front a dollar now, but want to know if the average is likely to drop from where it is now. If not I might as well beat the average now right?

[quote name='The End']
I'm starting to think that it was me who encountered a glitch and that the gift pack & Happy Hour do stack. I can't explain my memory of them saying that the two promos didn't stack. I'm pretty sure that I read it somewhere, but I can't find any evidence to that fact. Maybe I'm just wrong on that point. *Shrugs*

We'll know for sure when happy hour rolls around, but I think that Genocidal might be right.[/QUOTE]

Is it bad that I kind of want them not to stack even though it would obviously be cheaper for everyone because that would just add another layer of confusingness to an already very confusing system?

[quote name='walkonshadows']So is there any advantage to beating the average now? Price likely to drop? (I plan to host during Happy Hour later) I know I only have to front a dollar now, but want to know if the average is likely to drop from where it is now. If not I might as well beat the average now right?[/QUOTE]

Are you determined to have a BTA copy of the bundle right now? If you can't wait until happy hour, I'd say go now. It might drop a little bit, but I don't think that it'd be more than a quarter.

[quote name='Motoki']Is it bad that I kind of want them not to stack even though it would obviously be cheaper for everyone because that would just add another layer of confusingness to an already very confusing system?[/QUOTE]

lol until today, I thought I had a firm grasp on how the whole happy hour thing worked. I was one of the guys who always explained how it worked to other people. Now I don't know what I know. There's probably gonna be somebody else come in here tomorrow and destroy our newest understanding of happy hours.

If Genocidal is right though, we're gonna run into a situation real quick where one or two people who do the 20 pack are gonna be able to take care of the hosting needs for most of the people here. There are gonna be a bunch of people who decide that they wanna host group buys who are gonna be left with extra copies on their hands. I'm starting to wonder if I should go ahead with my plans to host a group buy.

[quote name='The End']Are you determined to have a BTA copy of the bundle right now? If you can't wait until happy hour, I'd say go now. It might drop a little bit, but I don't think that it'd be more than a quarter.

lol until today, I thought I had a firm grasp on how the whole happy hour thing worked. I was one of the guys who always explained how it worked to other people. Now I don't know what I know. There's probably gonna be somebody else come in here tomorrow and destroy our newest understanding of happy hours.

If Genocidal is right though, we're gonna run into a situation real quick where one or two people who do the 20 pack are gonna be able to take care of the hosting needs for most of the people here. There are gonna be a bunch of people who decide that they wanna host group buys who are gonna be left with extra copies on their hands. I'm starting to wonder if I should go ahead with my plans to host a group buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought a $1 bundle in preparation to do a group buy, so it'd kind of annoy me if people started leaving my group to join the 20-pack group buy lol. 20 seems crazy though, doesn't seem like it'd become the norm.

I got all these from the 1c collection on Gamersgate a few months ago for like 20 bucks. Had like 50 games, too.

[quote name='NEP']I got all these from the 1c collection on Gamersgate a few months ago for like 20 bucks. Had like 50 games, too.[/QUOTE]

Same. I still haven't played any of them. Am I still buying this Gala bundle? Heck yeah.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I bought a $1 bundle in preparation to do a group buy, so it'd kind of annoy me if people started leaving my group to join the 20-pack group buy lol. 20 seems crazy though, doesn't seem like it'd become the norm.[/QUOTE]

FWIW I'm not leaving your group buy. I said I would be in so I'm holding to it.

I'm just frustrated by the insane level of complication of these happy hours. It's like an onion every time you peel part of it back there's another layer below.

What's the price difference between a current group buy and one of the 'mega 20' group buys? I'm not one to split pennies so if it's a trivial difference/under a dollar and someone wants to just do one now I'd have no problem filling a spot.

If happy hour started right now, and they didn't artificially increase the BTA price (which they seem to do) a 4-pack would come to $1.87 a piece. A 20-pack would be $1.27 a piece.

[quote name='The End']If happy hour started right now, and they didn't artificially increase the BTA price (which they seem to do) a 4-pack would come to $1.87 a piece. A 20-pack would be $1.27 a piece.[/QUOTE]
I read this and I thought happy hour started :cry:

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I bought a $1 bundle in preparation to do a group buy, so it'd kind of annoy me if people started leaving my group to join the 20-pack group buy lol. 20 seems crazy though, doesn't seem like it'd become the norm.[/QUOTE]

I'm not backing out sung don't worry. You can count on my steel!

[quote name='Mooby']Hah. Yeah, not much of a difference maker. Knocking it down to $2 for all those games is good enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Right. ~$2 is fine for me too. I mean, I'm cheap but that's already a lot of games for not much money. There comes a point where you can take being cheap too far to ridiculous levels to the point where you are just taking advantage of the system, like those people who bought Humble Bundles for a penny.

No problems here if people want to hop in the smaller groups, I'll still grab 20 if possible and probably end up giving away a few to friends, try to sell a few, and then the give the rest away on Steamgifts or something.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW I'm not leaving your group buy. I said I would be in so I'm holding to it.

I'm just frustrated by the insane level of complication of these happy hours. It's like an onion every time you peel part of it back there's another layer below.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'm not backing out sung don't worry. You can count on my steel![/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I figured you wouldn't back out, but if random people were in the group I bet they would lol

[quote name='sunghost']Thanks guys. I figured you wouldn't back out, but if random people were in the group I bet they would lol[/QUOTE]

I'll never buy anything from you again, especially after the "payment" you asked for in return for that last bundle!

*cries in a shower in the fetal position*

[quote name='Blade']I'll never buy anything from you again, especially after the "payment" you asked for in return for that last bundle!

*cries in a shower in the fetal position*[/QUOTE]
He told me I was the only one. :shame:

if you buy the bundle twice with the same email how do you get the keys the second time? It takes me to the same page I got it the first time...

[quote name='Larce80']if you buy the bundle twice with the same email how do you get the keys the second time? It takes me to the same page I got it the first time...[/QUOTE]

Did you buy the second one as a gift?

And interest seems pretty strong for this one so I still think everyone should be able to fill up however many group buys they set up.

[quote name='Larce80']no I didnt[/QUOTE]

You might want to contact them. Might have seen it as you just increasing your original purchase price and not a second purchase. Usually a second purchase needs to be done as a gift.

I'd also like to join a 10 or 20 pack if anyone has a spot open. I'm new to this happy hour stuff and I see talk of buying a $1 bundle to be ready for happy hour; do I need to have already bought a bundle to be able to join someone's multi-pack?

[quote name='P a t r i c k']I'd also like to join a 10 or 20 pack if anyone has a spot open. I'm new to this happy hour stuff and I see talk of buying a $1 bundle to be ready for happy hour; do I need to have already bought a bundle to be able to join someone's multi-pack?[/QUOTE]

No, there's no need to buy a bundle now unless you're the host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back