The Jerry "The King" Lawler Wrestling Topic

I seriously hope TNA, WWE, and eveyone else is through trying to deal with Scott Hall. The guy needs help and has no place in a ring right now.

I don't believe Rich ever held the ECW title, but he was NWA champion, then lost it, then lost his star power, then he went to Memphis and bled buckets for next to no money (EC-Dub, EC-Dub, EC-Dub!), and then he did nothing for about a decade until becoming the "Don" of the FBI.

Hall no-showing isn't the least bit surprising, and TNA shouldn't have been selling a $30 PPV on his appearance to begin with given his track record. I hope he did just have food poisoning, but realistically, I doubt that's the case. He's had serious issues for a long time, and instead of promoting yet another big return for the Outsiders in the Impact Zone, they probably should have tried to get him help.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I don't believe Rich ever held the ECW title, but he was NWA champion, then lost it, then lost his star power, then he went to Memphis and bled buckets for next to no money (EC-Dub, EC-Dub, EC-Dub!), and then he did nothing for about a decade until becoming the "Don" of the FBI.

Hall no-showing isn't the least bit surprising, and TNA shouldn't have been selling a $30 PPV on his appearance to begin with given his track record. I hope he did just have food poisoning, but realistically, I doubt that's the case. He's had serious issues for a long time, and instead of promoting yet another big return for the Outsiders in the Impact Zone, they probably should have tried to get him help.[/quote]

I just don't see the point of keeping guys like Hall and Nash around. They just don't have it in the ring anymore (Ric Flair they are not) and even their humor is tired. The only more useless person in wrestling was Big Sal E. in ECW.

He's the only one who can help himself, and it's not just WWE/TNA (WWE's clearly done with him the way they shitcanned him with a quickness in the middle of a prominent feud with Steve Austin 5-6 years back)...but it's also every greedy mark of a shithole indy promoter who will pay him to come in and work a night.

Hall won't have any problems looking for work (yet another reason I'd like to see a wrestler's union that spans across promotions, not just within them). That way you could have "Accreditation" processes to separate legit promotions from fly-by-night scam artists and bullshitters (that dude who changed him name to "Gagne" and tried to bring back the AWA with Evan fucking Karagias as the AWA champion comes to mind).

But you're also making the fatal mistake of thinking that promotions care about wrestlers' well-being. That couldn't be any further from the truth. WWE's wellness policy is a joke and more concerned about good public relations than good wrestler health. TNA probably has no policy in place (except perhaps "hide your needles"). TNA is pissed with Hall because he made them look like fools, not because he's a fuckup, a drunk, or a worthless human being. They're concerned with what he did to them, not with what he does to himself.

After reading the ECW spoilers, looks like they're bringing in
Kofi Kingston, who has a build like Elijah Burke and a very "flippy" style of wrestling. About as believable in the ring as Sonjay Dutt - which is to say he's not believable. But exciting, I suppose. Because he's flippy.

i was so pissed about fucking hall..

whatever the insane wait was worthless as while we were first in line, along came the vip cocksuckers who got in before us..

i was right on the rail of the heel entrance ramp..

while waiting in line i got a pic with kaz, he was walking around the park, real cool guy.

Also spotted karen angle and her daighter walking around

also after the show i spotted tomko at dennys

[quote name='guyver2077']i was so pissed about fucking hall..

whatever the insane wait was worthless as while we were first in line, along came the vip cocksuckers who got in before us..

i was right on the rail of the heel entrance ramp..

while waiting in line i got a pic with kaz, he was walking around the park, real cool guy.

Also spotted karen angle and her daighter walking around

also after the show i spotted tomko at dennys[/quote]

Go to a ROH show! You won't get VIP'd out of a seat. :)

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Here's Kobashi's return match. He teams with Takiyama against Akiyama and Misawa - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ojsqty[/quote]
fucking thank you man!

Wrestling Observer Ratings for ROH MAN UP!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Nigel vs Claudio vs Hero vs Marufuji (***3/4...calls Sweeney, the best new manager in the business in 20 years...everyone looked good and the match constantly built)

Rocky Romero vs Matt Cross (**1/2)

Austin Aries vs Davey Richards (***1/2...called Aries, one of the most underrated talents in the business right now)

Roderick Strong vs Erick Stevens (***1/2)

Takeshi Morishima vs Bryan Danielson (****1/4...Morishima understands how to sell for a smaller guy to make it a match, without making it look implausible)

The Briscoes vs Steenerico (no star rating given...brutal brawl with a lot of dangerous bumps and far too many hard chairs shots to the head...every bit at the level of the Dudleys vs Edge & Christian vs Hardys ladder match stuff from years back)
[/FONT]

Before I forget about this for another couple months, does anyone here have the complete Royal Rumble set and does it include all the Benoit stuff?

The reason I was reminded was that apparently WWE is releasing the set in smaller chunks (I saw parts 1 and 2 at Walmart today) and while I'd prefer to buy it that way (they were 34.99 each with 5 Royal Rumbles per set), I really don't want the later parts of the set to omit anything. Blurred logos I can endure, I'm used to it at this point, having most of the 2003/2004 commentary taken out because of references to Benoit "ripping and tearing", I can't.

Thanks in advance.

Short answer: I know for a fact that the original box set is not edited, as it was released in March of this year, 3 months before the Benoit incident. They also did a much better job dealing with theme music in this set when compared against the Wrestlemania set.

The full set if out of print, and selling for $160+ on Amazon marketplace. I haven't checked eBay though.

I *do not* know about the reprinted set, however, and if it features any edits that are different from the original.

They're very easy to tell apart. Like WM, there are 4 box sets in this package: the original ones in the full set are all white, while the reprinted sets are in colored packaging (red, white, blue, and black?) as sold individually.

[quote name='Halo05']Before I forget about this for another couple months, does anyone here have the complete Royal Rumble set and does it include all the Benoit stuff?

The reason I was reminded was that apparently WWE is releasing the set in smaller chunks (I saw parts 1 and 2 at Walmart today) and while I'd prefer to buy it that way (they were 34.99 each with 5 Royal Rumbles per set), I really don't want the later parts of the set to omit anything. Blurred logos I can endure, I'm used to it at this point, having most of the 2003/2004 commentary taken out because of references to Benoit "ripping and tearing", I can't.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]I can confirm that the original boxed set leaves the Benoit stuff intact. I actually jumped on that due to the same line of thinking you were talking about there... I figured I'd better get it ASAP, just in case they try to edit stuff later on. So I can confirm that the full box set would meet your needs. I have no idea if they did anything to these new smaller sets though. EDIT: yeah, Myke beat me to it

Oh and thanks for looking into the wristband options in FirePro. I'll be keeping an eye out for that 2-color wristband formula once you get your Midnight Rocker CAWs figured out!
[quote name='neocisco']So that's you, Busta? OK, not what I expected.[/quote]Haha yup, that's from a show last week. I got a pasty white wanskter heel gimmick going on now. Kind of a "Malibu's Most Wanted" thing with Ali G mannerisms. It's awesome having a bunch of kids in the front row tell you you suck. :p

Source: Pro Wrestling Torch

TNA President Dixie Carter held a meeting today offering everyone in the company their release if they wanted. Only Senshi aka Low Ki took up Carter's offer.

Senshi was one of the 4 "winners" of last night's "Feast or Fired" match, so he will be announced as the man who drew the pink slip.

...and TNA's descent in WCW version 2 continues. This is right out of the Death of WCW, when Bischoff offered releases to anyone who wanted one, and Raven took him up on the offer and went back to his home in ECW. I'd expect Low-Ki to go right back to ROH.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']...and TNA's descent in WCW version 2 continues. This is right out of the Death of WCW, when Bischoff offered releases to anyone who wanted one, and Raven took him up on the offer and went back to his home in ECW. I'd expect Low-Ki to go right back to ROH.[/quote]
To be honest, it may be entirely possible that he may go to Japan/WWE. With Punk ending up the ECW champion and Noble becomming a basic part of management in WWE, Ki may decide to head up to Connecticut. At the same time, Ki may also head to Japan since they pay a bit more than what RoH could currently afford.

In other news...

- Samoa Joe was the first wrestler to speak at the meeting. Joe gave an emotional apology for going overboard the night before at the PPV and hoped his apology would be accepted. Booker T and Kurt Angle gave pep-talks to TNA stars about staying positive and keeping things moving in the right direction.

- Samoa Joe's promo at last night's PPV went 5 more minutes longer than planned and included a lot more content, most aimed at Nash, that wasn't planned. When Joe leaned over the rope and asked someone if they were mad and said "Go ahead and fire me" he was looking at Dixie Carter. Dixie was legit upset that Joe was "going into business for himself" and taking so long. Nash was upset that Joe turned Hall's no-show into a rant against him.

After the main event, Nash returned to the back right away to wait on Joe. Nash confronted him and a heated verbal exchange and some shoving ensued with Joe backing down.

1) They wouldn't bluff like that, irrespective of whether WCW did it or not.

2) If they did bluff like that, far more guys than Low-Ki would have split. At least 2-3 more. What's Petey Williams got to lose right now? His "spot" in TNA? How about Chris Daniels and Elix Skipper? There are plenty of guys who would leave TNA in a moment's notice right now, IMO. TNA will "trim the fat" at some point, as they probably have to, but they wouldn't dare offer a carte blanche release to everyone on the roster.

[quote name='mykevermin']work.

total work.[/QUOTE]

Care to explain why you think this? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to know your rationale on this.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']In a world where Hogan and Hall exist, this statement is impossible. At least Lawler's mostly-retired.

(You and Never4Ever are inspiring me... the next topics will be Bill Dundee, Dutch Mantell, and Tommy Rich. :p)[/quote]

The first rule of posting the Wrestling topic is - you do not talk about the next featured wrestler. The second rule of posting the Wrestling topic is - you DO NOT talk about the next featured wrestler. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']1) They wouldn't bluff like that, irrespective of whether WCW did it or not.

2) If they did bluff like that, far more guys than Low-Ki would have split. At least 2-3 more. What's Petey Williams got to lose right now? His "spot" in TNA? How about Chris Daniels and Elix Skipper? There are plenty of guys who would leave TNA in a moment's notice right now, IMO. TNA will "trim the fat" at some point, as they probably have to, but they wouldn't dare offer a carte blanche release to everyone on the roster.[/QUOTE]

Guess i should have waited 4 minutes.

Makes sense, especially when you factor in the rumors that 2-3 months ago there were quite a lot of under-carders looking to get out. Maybe things changed since then and the guys wanting to leave decided that a steady paycheck and whatever exposure they receive (how ever little it may be) is better than heading back to the indies.

As for Senshi, I was never a fan of his TNA work, his NWA title match against AJ Styles notwithstanding. Guess this means XXX is splitting up.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']In a world where Hogan and Hall exist, this statement is impossible. At least Lawler's mostly-retired.
[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, Hall & Nash weren't feuding with someone on Raw :razz:

I have a feeling that some guys (like Kaz and Shelley), who expressed a lot of anger over not being able to do ROH and PWG shows, had their bluff called by TNA, as they would lose out on national TV exposure. Senshi knows he can get regular work in Japan, which isn't the case for someone like Kaz, who actually is kinda getting a major push, and guys like Sabin and Shelley, who are just starting to get regularly booked in Japan compared to Senshi, who's worked there regularly for quite a while.

I honestly think Lo-Ki could work in ECW. His TNA stuff always reminded of Tajiri (the WWE version, not the freaking sweet ECW version).

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I honestly think Lo-Ki could work in ECW. His TNA stuff always reminded of Tajiri (the WWE version, not the freaking sweet ECW version).[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah I remember when they picked up Tajiri from ECW back in the day. I liked how he went from this crazy unstoppable force in the ECW to comic relief in the WWE.

Ya know, I'm not saying what Hall did was right, because it was obviously stupid, but you'd think TNA could've got someone better to give that shoot than some fat twat who has yet to accomplish anything of significance on a national level.

If that was truly a shoot, Samoa Joe might be one of the dumbest wrestlers in the business today. Why he would take shots at Kevin Nash and Kurt Angle is beyond me. These guys are two of the only reasons anyone outside of the internet TNA fanbase is watching this show...smart, real smart :roll:

I hope for Joe's sake that was written for him, although from the confused look on Kurt's face and absolutely disgusted look on Nash's face, I doubt it.

You really want to call Scott Hall out and send a message TNA? Have Nash deliver that "shoot" and cut the crap that's taking shots at the current roster, and only pissing them off.

TNA looked a lot like dying WCW to me, the only difference being the lack of actual talent the WWE could, and most importantly would actually use. I really doubt outside of AJ Styles and Abyss any of those guys would be offered jobs. Well probably Kurt and Christian too, but only if they wanted to come back.

The only part of that I enjoyed was the "stop being a crybaby part" because that's what TNA desparately needs to do. STFU and wrestle, no one is interested in your "characters" or rather lack there of.

Ah, such a pity Nash didn't put Joe in his place...

After the main event, Nash returned to the back right away to wait on Joe. Nash confronted him and a heated verbal exchange and some shoving ensued with Joe backing down.

What a pussy, classic example of talking the talk but not walking the walk. He's a hypocrite too... what "TNA diehard" would volunteer to be fired?

Honestly, seems like a cry for help, from a wrestler who has realized that no matter how hard he tries he'll never be the flag-bearer for a company with a TV deal.

Awful, awful segment. This had potential too. Man, had WWE been able to pay-off the real Scott Hall for this segment, oh man that would've been something. What a slap in the face of TNA that could've been!

Sadly WWE has decided to bring out another fake Razor and Diesel, ugh...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Ah, such a pity Nash didn't put Joe in his place...

What a pussy, classic example of talking the talk but not walking the walk. He's a hypocrite too... what "TNA diehard" would volunteer to be fired?

Honestly, seems like a cry for help, from a wrestler who has realized that no matter how hard he tries he'll never be the flag-bearer for a company with a TV deal.[/QUOTE]

Are we thinking of the same Nash? Kevin Nash is an elderly fossil who would probably get destroyed by Spike Dudley in an honest fight. And this is coming from probably the world's last Kevin Nash fan :razz:

Maybe Joe realized that he went a tad overboard with that rant. Instead of elevating things (such as potentially killing Nash), he would be the better man and try and smooth things over.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Are we thinking of the same Nash? Kevin Nash is an elderly fossil who would probably get destroyed by Spike Dudley in an honest fight. And this is coming from probably the world's last Kevin Nash fan :razz:

Maybe Joe realized that he went a tad overboard with that rant. Instead of elevating things (such as potentially killing Nash), he would be the better man and try and smooth things over.[/quote]

He's not even 50... and regardless of age the guy is still 7 ft tall and over 300 lbs, I don't think a pudgy schmuck like Joe would stand much of a chance unless he knows some martial arts (outside of TKD) that I'm not familiar with.

I wasn't expecting Hogan and Trish to show up, but given that Hogan's finances are oh... fucked, I'm not at all surprised that he and Vince patched things up. That Kennedy segment just dragged on and on. I think the entrances took more time than the whole rest of the segment.

Damn that show had better draw at least a 4.5... maybe even a 5.0... oh to script that show, to set up WM24 to be the best show since the Austin-era, oh for shame they'll find a way to blow it.

In a dream world Vince would realize that he'll never be able to appease the egos of both Hogan and Austin, so... why not have them team up for a big match over some chumps like Team Brokeback at WM24? Or better yet...

WM 24: Hogan & Austin vs Shane & Vince!

TNA diehards? I bet 99% of those guys are there to get t.v. exposure to make the jump to WWE.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']He's not even 50... and regardless of age the guy is still 7 ft tall and over 300 lbs, I don't think a pudgy schmuck like Joe would stand much of a chance unless he knows some martial arts (outside of TKD) that I'm not familiar with.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, Joe has that speed, youth and actual fight training. Where as Nash could seriously injure himself trying to put up a fight.

I could picture it now: some shoving, followed by a stiff kick to side of the head from Joe. Nash crumples and promptly tears both quads on the way down.

I don't expect Raw's rating to jump THAT much since Hogan hasn't been a huge ratings grabber in his most recent WWE runs, but it should do quite well.

[quote name='SIUfan']"Hey thanks for showing up." :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Not as good a line as "hey, look at me - I'm Jerry Stupid Lawler," but really funny, discreet (which is something I didn't know WWE writers could do), and perfectly delivered.

They have a nice lineup for next week. I just hope they utilize them properly and make the most out this 15-year anniversary....psh, yeah right :roll:

bread's done
Back