The Kings Of Wrestling Reign Supreme Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='guyver2077']holy shit... i had no idea big poppa pump was back! hell fuck yes[/QUOTE]

It's just too bad he's a babyface this time. Dude tends to cut the best promos as a heel.

Booker's first week as a regular commentator was a big letdown - he seemed sedated out there, and added little to the show. I'm looking forward to seeing him as a coach on TE though - more excited than having Austin as the host, actually. Loved Alberto beating up Hornswoggle, and Drew-Kofi was fine. Loved Barrett being Show so quickly, and they built up Zeke-Show nicely as well. I expect Dolph-Edge next week to further make Dolph look like a fool, although they could surprise me. Their booking of Kelly tonight was really good, minus the shoehorned angle of Vickie going through her things that WAS NEVER BROUGHT UP BEFORE despite apparently happening for a while.

Screens -

ANNOUNCEROONI!

Quotes -
Cole - Alberto had the WrestleMania pinata SHIPPED HERE FROM MEXICO!
Cole - CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKA!?
Vickie - EXCUSE ME! … I AM ORDERING KELLY KELLY TO COME OUT TO MY RING RIGHT NOW. I SAID RIGHT NOW, TRAMP!
Cole - Kelly attacked Vickie for NO REASON.
Josh - She might’ve had one.
Booker - She HAD to have a reason!
Vickie - YOU are the reason that Dolph Ziggler is not the world champion right now… I thought about this all week - how easy it would’ve been to just fire you. But that’s just too easy. Instead, I’d rather break down your dignity piece by piece!
Kelly - YOU’RE A VINDICTIVE, POWER-HUNGRY LITTLE WITCH!
Booker - I’m listening to a guy who says a lot of nonsense.
Cole - Booker, WE GO WAY BACK!
Josh - We’re going to show the trailer for THE NEW WWE FILMS MOVIE, THE CHAPERONE.
Booker - I saw it - it’s good!
Josh - Saw an advance copy?
Booker - It’s all over social media.
Cole - Vickie told me that 4 people will have to qualify for the Chamber and Dolph will get a bye. Any thoughts on this news?
Booker - No comment.
Cole - Great, we have a commentator who doesn’t’ comment.
Josh - Booker, you were in the first chamber, what are your thoughts on the chamber match?
Booker - You don’t wanna be in that kind of match.
Cole - WHAT DO YOU MEAN!? IT’S THE ONLY WAY TO GET THE WORLD TITLE!
Booker - Yeah, but it’s very dangerous.
Cole - I’m doing my job.
Booker - What is your job!? You’re in with Vickie and kissing a whole lotta behind.
Cole - I liked you better when you were King of the Ring.
Booker - We ain’t talking about that now - we’re talking about the Chamber.
Booker - Kelly Kevin…
Cole - Kevin Kelly?
Booker - Kelly Kelly…
Booker - Kofi’s gonna be around for a while. He’ll be making a lot of noise.
Cole - Yeah, his pyro is pretty loud…
Cole - After Raw, King was sleeping in a chair in a Boston airport LIKE A BUM. THAT’S YOUR NUMBER ONE CONTENDER!
Booker - KOFI’S GETTING READY TO TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE!
Cole - THE BOOM BOOM BOOM WENT FIZZ FIZZ FIZZ!
Josh - THE WINK by Alberto caused the distraction!
Cole - Booker, what would you do if Alberto winked at you?
Booker - Wink back.
Booker - I’m feeling so good, I feel like singing…just for you, Michael.
Booker - He’s stuck in the ropes.
Cole - GREAT observation…
Josh - Booker, just feel free to reach on over and slap him.
Booker - He’s not worth it.
Booker - THERE GOES MAH RED BULL!
Josh - Did you ever know anyone who was dashing?
Booker - Cody Rhodes…and my grandmother. She was dashing.
Booker - BIG SWINGING DDT!
Booker - BIG KICKOUT!
Cole - KING, IN THREE WEEKS, YOU WILL HAVE NO BELT!
Josh - IN THREE WEEKS, THE KING WILL BE WWE CHAMPION!
Josh - Booker, this is Hornswoggle…he used to live under the ring, but I don’t know if he does anymore.
Ricardo - AAAALLLLLLBEEEEEERRRRRTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOO Del Rio!
Alberto - MY NAME IS ALERTO DEL RIO, BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. AND YOU ALSO KNEW THAT IT WAS MY DESTINY TO WIN THE BIGGEST ROYAL RUMBLE IN HISTORY. AND TO BECOME THE WORLD CHAMPION AT WRESTLEMANIA! You, I have a present for you - SEE THAT!? In my country, WE CAN IT PINATA… IT IS FULL OF CANDY AND TOYS! AND I WANT TO SHARE IT WITH ALL OF YOU IN……NEW JERSEY! Are you ready for those candies and toys!? THEY’RE ALL FOR YOU! CANDY - CAN-DY! STICK! BRING THE PINATA DOWN TO…this thing’s…level!
Booker - BOOKER T, THE FIVE-TIME WCW CHAMPION WILL BE A COACH ON TOUGH ENOUGH, AND IT’LL BE THE BEST SEASON EVER!
Cole - IT’S BEING CALLED THE FUNNIEST FIELD TRIP EVER!
Josh - IT’S THE CHAPERONE!
Cole - IT’S AN ACTION-COMEDY, AND IT’S BEING CALLED THE FUNNIEST FIELD TRIP EVER. It’s almost as funny as Booker T’s commentary.
Show - CAN YOU DIG IT!?
Booker - It’s good to be home!
(on Zeke)Booker - THIS GUY’S A JUGGERNAUT!
Zeke - The end has come and has awakened against you!
Booker - What did he mean by that?
Josh - KELLY KELLY IS DEFENIDING THE WORLD HEAYVYWEIGHT TITLE!
Booker - Right now, Kelly Kelly’s a little dazed and confused.
Cole - Whadya mean right now?
Josh - KELLY KELLY WITH THE SPEAR!
Booker - VICKIE DIDN’T SAY NOTHING ABOUT THAT!
Vickie - KELLY, YOU’RE FIRED! I DON’T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU! As for you, my former husband, YOU WILL BE THE FORMER WORLD CHAMPION BECAUSE NEXT WEEK, YOU’LL HAVE A REMATCH AGAINST DOLPH ZIGGLER! BUT THIS TIME, THERE WILL BE A DIFFERENCE! A SPECIAL REFEREE! IT’S ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']well, let's be fair - Anderson is supposed to be the 'asshole,' but it doesn't feel conveyed in the booking of how he became champ.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I don't watch TNA so IDK what his character's supposed to be. Is he still playing face, or was this a heel/heel match, or what?

[quote name='neocisco']He didn't say that, didn't even come close.[/QUOTE]

Well apparently it was edited out of every broadcast except the Australian one so I guess for some people it did sound too much like that.

Yea, I don't really hear it either myself. I just found it funny that such a big deal is being made about it to the point that they muted it from the broadcasts.

You can just burly here him say it becomes he says it softly.. He says come on then the word then he covers it up by stuttering tha-that a lot louder. You have to listen closely during the come on part.

[quote name='mykevermin']No, he stutters and says nuh-nuh.

Quit trying so hard.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Mountains outta molehills people.

Whoever ordered the Nexus 'broken N' shirt off of WWEshop.com .. have you gotten them yet? If not, any word on when? I notice they have been on backorder for awhile. I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='HydroX']Whoever ordered the Nexus 'broken N' shirt off of WWEshop.com .. have you gotten them yet? If not, any word on when? I notice they have been on backorder for awhile. I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

When did you order? I ordered it in December when they were doing that buy one get one free as a gift deal with them. It took about 3 weeks to finally ship.

[quote name='HydroX']Whoever ordered the Nexus 'broken N' shirt off of WWEshop.com .. have you gotten them yet? If not, any word on when? I notice they have been on backorder for awhile. I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived about a month after I ordered it.

[quote name='cdubb1605']IF it were true, something wouldve leaked earlier this week about them having to edit audio.[/QUOTE]

Smackdown pretty much has audio edited/remixed/added to the show in post production every week. Which is why the show sounds so freakin sterile and the crowd is either pipped in cheer/boos or simply dead.... why the WWE feels they need to do that I have absolutely no idea.

[quote name='crr_1119']When did you order? I ordered it in December when they were doing that buy one get one free as a gift deal with them. It took about 3 weeks to finally ship.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Took longer than normal, but I think that was also because it was around New Year's, when they weren't shipping stuff out until the 7th.

If you haven't ordered them yet... I dunno. I figure they're being clearanced, so it's possible they may never be back in stock unless there's a firm date listed on the page.

[quote name='GioSH']You can just burly :wall: here him say it becomes :fridge:he says it softly.. He says come on then the word then he covers it up by stuttering tha-that a lot louder. You have to listen closely during the come on part.[/QUOTE]

This post should be taken quite seriously.

[quote name='Demolition Man']the crowd is either pipped in cheer/boos or simply dead[/quote]

I love when you hear the crowd pop massively and you see a bunch of people sitting on their asses, not doing anything at all.

Which is only worse than when WWE pans to a crowd shot that clearly wasn't there at the event. I swear one of my WWE dvds has a match from the late 1980's/early 1990's where they pan to a crowd shot featuring a number of people wearing D-Generation X t-shirts. :lol:

.... why the WWE feels they need to do that I have absolutely no idea.

So they can tell you who they want you to like and hate. What? You didn't think they actually let the genuine crowd reaction change anything, did you?

[quote name='mykevermin']
585px-10.2.10MikeyWhipwreckByLuigiNovi.jpgp

...well, at least he retired those horrible, horrible t-shirts he used to wear.[/QUOTE]

Spitting image of Matt Pinfield.

Matt Hardy is the Doug Gilbert of this decade.

Watched the 1997 Royal Rumble today. Decent match, really reinforced that Vince McMahon has *no clue* what goes on in the world outside of his own wrestling company. They were in Texas, and playing to the Hispanic crowds there, at least 4 of the 30 were AAA wrestlers: Cibernetico, Pierroth, Latin Lover and Mil Mascaras. McMahon had no clue who any of them were. Not even Mil fucking Mascaras! Jerry Lawler also mocked Jim Ross' encyclopedic knowledge of those 4 in much the same way he guffawed Matt Striker calling a Michinoku Driver last week.

There's a running theme of 'herp derp'ing anything that isn't WWF in origin that remains to today.

Ross' commentary on this match is the 2nd best commentary of any Royal Rumble match - the first being Bobby Heenan in 1992 ("BE FAIR TO FLAIR!!!").

The match featured much more star talent than 1996 - Austin, Buldldog, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Rocky Maivia, etc. Also Kane got about 20 minutes of match time in, except he was Fake Diesel in 1997. Thing is, in retrospect, he looks like Kane. The face is unmistakable - but more than that, he *walks* in the ring like Kane does. If you've ever noticed how Kane walks, his shoulders dip in a very unique way. Not that I expect him to be the spitting image of Kevin Nash, but pro wrestlers learn that different gimmicks mean different movesets and behaviors. Contrast Fake Diesel, which is exactly the same as Kane save for the outfit and finishing maneuver, with Mick Foley - Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack all had pretty big variation in their movesets and transitions.

Speaking of which, we'd probably groan about it being shitty booking if it happened today, but I *loved* Cactus Jack, Mankind and Dude Love all being in the 1998 Royal Rumble. I can't wait to watch it later this week.

[quote name='mykevermin']Speaking of which, we'd probably groan about it being shitty booking if it happened today, but I *loved* Cactus Jack, Mankind and Dude Love all being in the 1998 Royal Rumble. I can't wait to watch it later this week.[/QUOTE]

I think it worked because it was Mick doing the gimmick. Since Mick works so hard to put his gimmicks/characters over there was no phoning it in. Foley took pride in his craft like so few ever have (or do).

[quote name='davo1224']Joey Styles: It's a shame he didn't succeed in taking his own life.

Classy Joey.[/QUOTE]

Care to provide some actual context?

[quote name='neocisco']
Care to provide some actual context?[/QUOTE]
ONS '05 or '06, Joey was ripping on Mike Awesome for taking the money to join WCW.

I don't see the problem since Styles was just performing; it's not like he could look into the future and see that Awesome was going to kill himself.

It wasn't classy at the time haha. Nevermind looking back on it. Remember when Stephanie McMahon wished death on Freddie Blassie on RAW and he croaked later that year?

I still wonder sometimes if that Styles commentary was a work. Atleast I hope it was.

[quote name='mykevermin']Matt Hardy is the Doug Gilbert of this decade.[/QUOTE]

...I don't see the connection. Care to elaborate? Did he shoot his mouth off about Dixie/Jarrett or something?

[quote name='neocisco']So I'm assuming that clip is in there? Alrighty then.[/QUOTE]

Please don't make this more awkward than it has to be :lol:

[quote name='davo1224']It wasn't classy at the time haha. Nevermind looking back on it. Remember when Stephanie McMahon wished death on Freddie Blassie on RAW and he croaked later that year?[/QUOTE]

Knowing Blassie's history he probably came up with that line himself. I didn't think anything of it other than it was a strong closing line delivered by a poor actress.

So I was looking for some graphic of a guy slamming his head into a desk. I typed "slam head against desk" in Google, and the first result was some guy's Facebook post about TNA. :rofl:

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']...I don't see the connection. Care to elaborate? Did he shoot his mouth off about Dixie/Jarrett or something?[/QUOTE]

More bloated whale or a half-talent southern mouthbreathing hee-haw who is only in the business because their brother did all the goddamned work.

Dude, WWF loves to *BURY* talent that isn't theirs, but the one time that had me falling out of my seat in laughter was when Doug Gilbert came out for the WWF 1996 Royal Rumble. They gave him the worst, most generic, "this dude is a fucking joke and we're letting you in on it" theme music in the history of pro wrestling.

Lemme see if I can find it on YT.

[quote name='mykevermin']Matt Hardy is the Doug Gilbert of this decade.

Watched the 1997 Royal Rumble today. Decent match, really reinforced that Vince McMahon has *no clue* what goes on in the world outside of his own wrestling company. They were in Texas, and playing to the Hispanic crowds there, at least 4 of the 30 were AAA wrestlers: Cibernetico, Pierroth, Latin Lover and Mil Mascaras. McMahon had no clue who any of them were. Not even Mil fucking Mascaras! Jerry Lawler also mocked Jim Ross' encyclopedic knowledge of those 4 in much the same way he guffawed Matt Striker calling a Michinoku Driver last week.

There's a running theme of 'herp derp'ing anything that isn't WWF in origin that remains to today.

Ross' commentary on this match is the 2nd best commentary of any Royal Rumble match - the first being Bobby Heenan in 1992 ("BE FAIR TO FLAIR!!!").

The match featured much more star talent than 1996 - Austin, Buldldog, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Rocky Maivia, etc. Also Kane got about 20 minutes of match time in, except he was Fake Diesel in 1997. Thing is, in retrospect, he looks like Kane. The face is unmistakable - but more than that, he *walks* in the ring like Kane does. If you've ever noticed how Kane walks, his shoulders dip in a very unique way. Not that I expect him to be the spitting image of Kevin Nash, but pro wrestlers learn that different gimmicks mean different movesets and behaviors. Contrast Fake Diesel, which is exactly the same as Kane save for the outfit and finishing maneuver, with Mick Foley - Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack all had pretty big variation in their movesets and transitions.

Speaking of which, we'd probably groan about it being shitty booking if it happened today, but I *loved* Cactus Jack, Mankind and Dude Love all being in the 1998 Royal Rumble. I can't wait to watch it later this week.[/QUOTE]
I honestly think Foley is the king of gimmicks. Others change and it often doesn't work, but dude can make anything work and make it belivable that it's not just the same dude in three costumes.

Yeah he differentiated the characters. At the very least, Mick Foley three times was a lot better than any other two available people.

Does anyone remember Los Boricuas constantly getting turned on by DX but still helping them every week?

[quote name='mykevermin']More bloated whale or a half-talent southern mouthbreathing hee-haw who is only in the business because their brother did all the goddamned work.

Dude, WWF loves to *BURY* talent that isn't theirs, but the one time that had me falling out of my seat in laughter was when Doug Gilbert came out for the WWF 1996 Royal Rumble. They gave him the worst, most generic, "this dude is a fucking joke and we're letting you in on it" theme music in the history of pro wrestling.
[/QUOTE]

Besides the music, it contained my favorite Hennig moment on commentary:

(awkward pause when Gilbert appears on screen)

Hennig: ...who's that?

It really did look like some random schlub from the crowd in a 'rasslin outfit, so that comment was (ahem) perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back