The Kings Of Wrestling Reign Supreme Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Psykoboy2']So, I guess we'll get another teaser tonight for 2 21 11. I wonder if they'll feed the rumors, or squash them.[/QUOTE]

It'll feed the rumors without revealing anything. I'm still fully expecting it to just be the Undertaker, though after the reaction the internet has had the past week or so, I'm sure Vince will present a very, very generous offer to Sting, but everything I've read has said that
Sting isn't even in negotiations with WWE.. though it could be a huge swerve

Sting vs. Undertaker would set buyrate records.

You know.. I just realized that the Nitro arena releases for Smackdown 2011 later this month.. it'd be on a Tuesday, too, since that's when XBox Live is updated. I know I'm reading WAY too much into that, but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
uh oh, someone's making a big return tonight on Raw..

[quote name='Scorch']Sting vs. Undertaker would set buyrate records.[/QUOTE]
I doubt that, amongst other things.

[quote name='Brak']I doubt that, amongst other things.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Ten years ago, definitely. Now, you'd see a noticeable increase but certainly nothing record-setting.

[quote name='neocisco']I have to agree. Ten years ago, definitely. Now, you'd see a noticeable increase but certainly nothing record-setting.[/QUOTE]

Sting v. Taker in 98 - 01 would've been awesome and sold Wrestlemania on that match alone, in 2011 however with (if it is him) less than 2 months of build up, there is no way it increases the buyrates by that much. In all honesty, if they announced that match how many of you would ORDER the show as opposed to just watching it on a stream?

[quote name='cdubb1605']Sting v. Taker in 98 - 01 would've been awesome and sold Wrestlemania on that match alone, in 2011 however with (if it is him) less than 2 months of build up, there is no way it increases the buyrates by that much. In all honesty, if they announced that match how many of you would ORDER the show as opposed to just watching it on a stream?[/QUOTE]

I said it before. If there is actually going to be a Sting/Taker match art Mania, then rather than stream I would actually BUY the damn thing only cause I have been a HUGE Sting fan/mark since the bart simpson spiked hair/rat-tail days of old.

[quote name='Spyder187']I said it before. If there is actually going to be a Sting/Taker match art Mania, then rather than stream I would actually BUY the damn thing only cause I have been a HUGE Sting fan/mark since the bart simpson spiked hair/rat-tail days of old.[/QUOTE]

I've got a friend whos the same way, so I can't fault you for that

The one Mania match I always wanted was Sting vs Micheals at the height of thier careers. That honestly could have been the match of the century if they would have been given the freedom to go like the Micheals/Taker matches were.

[quote name='Spyder187']I said it before. If there is actually going to be a Sting/Taker match art Mania, then rather than stream I would actually BUY the damn thing only cause I have been a HUGE Sting fan/mark since the bart simpson spiked hair/rat-tail days of old.[/QUOTE]

Same. I still have a Sting foam finger, some pendants and the Evolution of Sting figure set from when I went to the live events as a kid. I don't think that I ever bought one of the shirts, though.

That's a fun idea for the next thread.. we should show off some older wrestling merchandise we have (t-shirts, misc items, toys, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
If this wild, Internet dream ever happened, I'd eat my hat (filled with my own shit) if they booked Sting to go over Undertaker.

[quote name='Scorch']Same. I still have a Sting foam finger, some pendants and the Evolution of Sting figure set from when I went to the live events as a kid. I don't think that I ever bought one of the shirts, though.[/QUOTE]

I have the same Sting figure set. I actually have Crow Sting sitting on my bookshelf, rockin a WCW title belt. I really like the jacket they put on him.

When I was a kid, Sting made an appearance somewhere in town, and my sister told me about it and my mom couldn't figure out why I'd want to go meet the singer and bassist of The Police.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']What was the reason Punk gave? Was it when Orton cost Punk the belt?[/QUOTE]

Yeah at Unforgiven '08. I love how Punk is the most logical man in WWE right now.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']What was the reason Punk gave? Was it when Orton cost Punk the belt?[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding... Gutter tell him what he won

hahah R-Truth said the wrong city!

They're chanting Milwaukee!!!

The way Cole's egging it on, though, makes me think it was planned.

Clarence Mason is the boss, crossing Ts and dotting Is
He tells the truth, the whole truth, he never tells a lie

Wait, that's a different song.

I was at a Fear Factory concert once and they got the city wrong but nobody cared. /amazing story

There hasn't been a good post-match-excessive-beating-decision-reversal in a while, I like it.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Yeah at Unforgiven '08. I love how Punk is the most logical man in WWE right now.[/QUOTE]

You mean the guy who established his character and his personality before joining the E, essentially showing he can think in the ring for himself? Hmmm, must be a fluke.

[quote name='Scorch']hahahahahahahaahahah R-Truth said the wrong city!

They're chanting Milwaukee!!!

The way Cole's egging it on, though, makes me think it was planned.[/QUOTE]

He pulled a Shane Douglas? Oh, that would be great.

I appreciate how CM Punk referenced WWE history with footage from three years ago.

Mason Ryan slamming Ron Killings into the ropes had been a nice bit of psychology. The match itself, of course, could have gone a little longer. But, the Stretch Muffler spot got their point across: Ryan is a 'beast.'

R-Truth screwed up and Cole jumped all over it because he's the heel announcer. I don't like that we instantly presume every tiny little thing is planned. Cole's not great at play-by-play but he's not that tremendously incompetent, either.

"You know what, Cole? You need to settle your tea kettle." - Natalya

What? Never heard that one before..

"Ain't no grave (Gonna Hold This Body Down)" was used in the "2-21-11" spot.. that should kill all Sting related discussion :(

Well the Johnny Cash song just gave it away totally. I'm 99.9% convinced 2/21/11 is Undertaker now.

Jericho made an excellent point in commentary, in an article I read today, where he said that, in earlier generations, wrestlers worked the indies, in different countries, and had years of experience prior to joining the E.

Point is: Longer matches would definitely help develop younger talent with less experience. Then again, shorter matches hide weaker talent.

A Bellas match should be short. Mason Ryan-Ron Killings could have gone longer. I'm interested to see how well Ryan works. I've seen some of his FCW footage, but it's a bit different in the E.

Considering the "no grave can hold my body down" lyrics in the Johnny Cash song, this "2 21 11" thing definitely regards the Undertaker.

Michael Cole seems to be working a more heel persona, tonight. And that's a good thing. Sure beats his usual bi-polar commentary.

[quote name='Survivalism']Why is the Undertaker returning to Raw?[/QUOTE]

Promo last week aired on SD too. The song phrase "there ain't no grave that can hold my body down" definitely gives off the UT impression.

I understand the disappointment, but, in all fairness, it was never, ever going to be Sting in the first place. Though I'd be happy to eat my words on this one.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Promo last week aired on SD too. The song phrase "there ain't no grave that can hold my body down" definitely gives off the UT impression.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the 21st is a Monday. Maybe he's going for the Nexus though most of them have gone to Smackdown.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Promo last week aired on SD too. The song phrase "there ain't no grave that can hold my body down" definitely gives off the UT impression.[/QUOTE]

But the 21st is a Monday.

Someone made the point on SomethingAwful that the Undertaker is undead and doesn't rise from graves... buuuut his last match was a buried alive match and he was buried, so that's what it signifies.

Someone also made the joke that it could still be Sting because TNA buried his career.

@JoeyStyles
I hope the WrestleMania Guest Host is Justin Bieber. The 16 year old Platinum recording artist personifies family friendly entertainment.

John Morrison-Joe Hennig should go, at least, 7 minutes. Hennig is a good worker, and, while no where near his father on the mic, he's definitely better than most in WWE. He just needs to develop. (This is where Jericho's commentary fits into the picture.)

[quote name='Survivalism']R-Truth screwed up and Cole jumped all over it because he's the heel announcer. I don't like that we instantly presume every tiny little thing is planned. Cole's not great at play-by-play but he's not that tremendously incompetent, either.[/QUOTE]

The WWE Champion feuding (and having a match) with a ring announcer is such a fucking waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back