The last two games you beat....

What were they? Devil May Cry 3 , God of war

about how long did it take? DMC 3 about 15 hours , God of war same amount

What did you think of it?

Devil may cry 3 is the best in the series I loved the story and the Gunslinger technique is my fave wasnt as hard as I though it was the bad guys werent even that cheap neither.I was going to try the harder modes but I needed to get rid of some other games first.

God of war was freakin hot wow what a fun game , I decided to play God mode which makes them game even better but also really really tough . its taking me a while to beat it on hard almost there though.

And what did you do with it afterwards?Playing god of war on god mode and lent DMC 3 to my friend.

What game/s are you playing next? Hmmm lol alot swat 4 ( awesome game ), Ratchet and clank 3 ( never played any in the series but I think imma go and try them cause this game is fun ) ,Mech assualt 2 , and on and off playing shin magami nocturne.

What were they?
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers just a few days ago and uh, I guess Gladius (as Ursula) awhile back.

about how long did it take?

LOTR: TT was probably about 6-7 hours total. Gladius was well over 40 hours.

What did you think of it?

I liked both games.

And what did you do with it afterwards?

I'm keeping both since they have good replay value.

What game/s are you playing next?

I "nibble" at a lot of games but the highlights are: I recently restarted Gladius as Valens; I'm plugging away in Morrowind just focusing on the main quest and I'm currently on the last campaign (Regnier) in Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders.

what were they?
god of war and kingdom hearts

about how long did it take?
god of war took me about 8 hours on normal mode
kingdom hearts took me about 22 hours on normal mode and not finishing the sidequests

what did you think of it?
i thought that god of war was an excellent game. it had great graphics and good gameplay. i love the brutality and the hack and slash. i love these kind of games.
i thought that kingdom hearts was a good game, but it wish that it had better camera angles. i just wish that i knew that i had to finish some sidequests in order to get the alternate ending, but otherwise a great game.

what did you do with it afterwards?
both are now sitting on my shelf next to all my other ps2 games. i plan on playing both of them again, but until then, they will just sit on my shelf.

Gungrave and Metal Gear Solid 2

Obviously beating Gungrave didn't take long, but I didn't get a great rank. I think it was the average rank (I forget what they called it). I thought it was a fun, mindless shooter. I will definitely come back to it and try for a better rank, especially when I need a fast paced shooting fix. It's not perfect by any means, but worth way more than the $10 I payed for it.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was a great game. I don't understand what the big deal is playing as Raiden. Who really cares who you play as as long as the game it fun. Sure Snake is a cooler character, but the game was fun, plain and simple. The story was whacky, but I don't mind that much. I can safely say that I got most of it at the time. I will definitely play through this one again after beating Metal Gear Solid 3. I don't really remember how long it took me to finish it. I am sure it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 hours or so.

Otogi and Otogi 2

Otogi took about 3 or 4 hours to beat, I was just going through the motions since I had beaten it before. Fun as I remember

Otogi 2 took 10 hours or so, took my time to level up and just enjoy it, game was a big improvment over the first, though I was disappointed that the final boss battle was such a push over, the first game had a crazy hard last boss battle.

Not sure what will be next, maybe finally get around to Beyond good and evil

Shadow Hearts & Super Smash Bros. melee

Shadow hearts took about 35 hrs. & SSBM is still a work in progress.

I love both of these games! If you like rpg's,I cannot reccomend SH any higher. The graphics are weak, but the writing, gameplay and story are very good!

And SSBM is one games I will be playing for a long time, due to the multi player.I never player SSB on 64 so this was the 1st time really playing it. A must have IMO.

SH is back on the shelf & SSBM is in current rotation.

Next up is SH:convent & Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga(need to finish this 1st, about 1/2 done)

Batman Begins and Gungrave

Batman took about 2 days, Gungrave took one sitting. Will probably be revisiting both again in the future, though maybe i'll get the xbox version of batman begins next time around.

RE4 way back when and Taiko Drum Master (normal).

If Taiko doesn't count then ... fuck, I don't know. May go all the way back to Legacy of Kain: Defiance. :oops: :lol:

Batman Begins: ( 9 hours?), and Sudeki (about 14.5 hours)

Oh and to above poster, legacy of kain defiance was amazing!!! I played it a while back.

LEGO Star Wars and Star Wars: Republic Commando.

I started them before seeing Episode 3 but waited to finish them up because I heard they both might have spoilers (Well, I know LEGO Star Wars did).

LEGO - 7 to 8 (All canisters and true Jedi meters full, plus bonus level).

Commando - 10 hours

Both are really excellent Star Wars games. Bravo to LucasArts for getting the franchise back on track with these. LEGO was just a fun game to play all around, and it's great to see all of the characters LEGO-ized. I was hope for all six episodes, but I'm sure there's a sequel on the way. Republic Commando was a great shooter. Much better than alot of the squad based games out there. The last stage and ending were kinda weak sauce, but I guess that's what sequels are for, yet again.

Both went back on my shelf. These are keepers!

I need to go ahead and finish my $5 Sphinx and the Curse of the Dead Mummy. It's turning out to be a hell of a lot of fun, and is abating my Zelda hunger until Twilight Princess comes out.

God of War: 8:12
Great game, more fun then I've had this generation with the exception of RE:4. If RE:4 hadn't come out GoW would've been Game of the Year for sure. The control is tight, the difficulty is spot on, the 16x9 & 480p graphics are mindblowing especially in the cut scenes. Fantastic storyline/storytelling. Great ending, I'm currently trying out God Mode and the God challenges. I loved this game, it made me feel like I was playing an old NES title and I was 10 again.

I can't decide what's next for me. After really great AAA titles, I find it hard to play anything, really. I may take a week break or so then finish SC:CT. Then after that its on to finish PoP:WW.

God Of War - Took about 10 hours even. Tried to do Challenge of the Gods, but it turned out to be too...challenging for me around Challenge 8, so I hung it up (I wanted to kick my TV in). Still got it in my shelf to play perhaps again one day.

Van Helsing - I knew it was a short game, but I think I finished it in about 3 1/2 hours. REALLY short. Not a bad game though, but I really don't see myself playing through it again. I either might sell or trade it.

[quote name='buffdrew84']Batman Begins: ( 9 hours?), and Sudeki (about 14.5 hours)

Oh and to above poster, legacy of kain defiance was amazing!!! I played it a while back.[/QUOTE]

It was great but I played it when it came out. So if that's one of my most recently beaten games I need to focus more on gaming. :lol:

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga around 30-35 hrs.

One of the best rpg's period!
It was just alot of fun to play, maybe the only thing I did not like was when you encounterd new enemies , you had to take some hits before you figured out the paterns or what they were weak against.

ZOE: The 2nd runner

An excellent but short action game.(I would love to see another game in this series) I have to still try to finish some of the extra's.

Next games to beat: finish shadow hearts:convant & get started on ICO .

[quote name='buffdrew84']Batman Begins: ( 9 hours?), and Sudeki (about 14.5 hours)

Oh and to above poster, legacy of kain defiance was amazing!!! I played it a while back.[/QUOTE]

14.5 hours to beat Sudeki - are you sure? I don't know you so I won't call bullshit, but that just seems fucking amazing to me.

[quote name='Matt Young']Lego Star Wars- Xbox (single player)

Lego Star Wars- PS2 (co-op)

Each took a few hours.[/QUOTE]

Why the same game twice, and on two different consoles?

Jeez, I'm having a brainfart. I can't remember the last two games I beat...

Star Wars: Republic Commando --> 8-10 hours. Very satisfying, contrary to the general opinion, I liked the ending. Hated fighting the same shit over and over and over, though.

Fable : 8 hours or so. Saved before the end, beat it with both endings.. love Fable, can't wait for The Lost Chapters

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Why the same game twice, and on two different consoles?

Jeez, I'm having a brainfart. I can't remember the last two games I beat...[/QUOTE]

I rarely ever beat games anymore. I rented LSW for Xbox (I don't own a PS2) while I still ahd my 30 day free Gamefly trial. I beat it, and my friend's 7 year old son had played some of it while I had it, so he convinced his mom to buy it for him on PS2. One day I was babysitting him and he brought his PS2 so we could beat the game on co-op.

It'll also probably be the next game I beat since I'll be buying a copy of the Xbox version next week when it drops to $20, lol. I'm not close to beating any of my other games except for Tales of Symphonia, Halo 2, and NCAA Football 2005 (if you count finishing a season as beating the game).

Batman Begins - approx 9 hours

Bloodrayne 2 - approx 8 hours

Both were great but i enjoyed batman more.

Keeping batman, looking to trade bloodrayne.

Now playing beyond good and evil, and project snowblind with hitman contracts on the way.

[quote name='buffdrew84']Batman Begins - approx 9 hours

Bloodrayne 2 - approx 8 hours

Both were great but i enjoyed batman more.

Keeping batman, looking to trade bloodrayne.

Now playing beyond good and evil, and project snowblind with hitman contracts on the way.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear so much good stuff from batman, i cant wait to play this game. I'm really glad about the length of the game too.

Killzone - Around 15 hours, awesome awesome game... i'll more than likely play through it again.

Chronicals of Riddick - About 7 hours, another awesome game...

This is all Xbox

LOTR: The Third Age - [not sure of my time... maybe 20-30 hours?] I was surprised how much I liked this one. It was a lot of fun to play a good old school style turn based RPG. I think some of the spells you can learn with the elf are a little too powerful (I had a system that could win any battle no matter how overmatched I might be) But if it wasn't for that I probably would have gotten really frustrated in one or two parts, so meh. I had my doubts about the evil mode (seemed like a gimmick...) but it was enjoyable as well. The battles at the very end can tend to seem tedious, but I stuck it out. Luckily 90%+ of the game is well paced.

Obscure - [less than 10 hours] Again I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. Didn't get the greatest reviews IIRC... But I really enjoyed the story and it just kept my interest throughout. The controls are a little clunky and I didn't like the fact that you used one-time use discs (found throughout the game world) to save. I'd rather they had multi-use save points you could return to. That's why I played on Easy, as there are more discs around in that mode. Turned out I had 10+ mroe than I ever needed shortly in the game, but whatever. Anyway, if you can find this one on the cheap be sure to check it out.

Currently playing GTA:SA and The Bard's Tale.

I got a little frustrated/bored with GTA:SA, but I caught my second wind and started really getting into it again.

The Bard's Tale has been a lot of fun so far. Nice bit of strategy mixed with hack and slash. Basically you summon creatures to fight alongside you as you hack the foes. I loved the fact that you can summon a creature and your magic replinishes quickly enough that you can summon another one when that one falls pretty much 100% of the time. Keeps that part of the gameplay very accessible and fun. The dialogue is also really funny in parts.

[quote name='wubb']This is all Xbox

Obscure - [less than 10 hours] Again I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. Didn't get the greatest reviews IIRC... But I really enjoyed the story and it just kept my interest throughout. The controls are a little clunky and I didn't like the fact that you used one-time use discs (found throughout the game world) to save. I'd rather they had multi-use save points you could return to. That's why I played on Easy, as there are more discs around in that mode. Turned out I had 10+ mroe than I ever needed shortly in the game, but whatever. Anyway, if you can find this one on the cheap be sure to check it out.

Me and my wife are playing it right now, it's good so far..

I'm back again (part 3)

What were they? Conker Live and Reloaded and Psychonaunts
About how long did it take? about 10-13 Hours for each.

What did you think of it? Conker was very funny and the graphics are top notch.
There are a couple annoying parts to the quest but besides that I really enjoyed the gameplay and characters involved in the story. I was kind of disappointed at the very end and was that is it, but still a fun game overall. Played a little bit of the multiplayer and found it to be alright had some fun playing it with a buddy of mine and like some of the movie references throughout the entire game.

Psychonaunts so far is the Game of the Year for Xbox. Chracters, enviroments and story just grabbed me and I enjoyed every minute of the game. Each characters Mind is so unique and interesting and I really hope they consider doing a sequal.
BTW do you work for the road crew? I loved that level. Have you seen the milkman?

Also beat Advent Rising (8 hours) great story but there are some major framerate issues and targeting problems. Very cool concept and weapons, need to fix up though if they plan on finishing the trilogy.

Also mention I recently beat Star Wars EPIII (6 hours) for DS. Fun beat'em up and very cool 3D engine that needs to be used for a rogue squardron type of game.

Also just Beat Bloodrayne 2 (8 Hours) enjoyed the gore and the slicing and dicing. Story was decent and Rayne is a cool character. I also really enjoyed the interactive death trap enviroments and physics engine. I did prefer the guns from the first game over the dragons.

All games are back on the shelf for the moment.
Currently working on Killer7 which so far is fantastic.

RE0 - 12 or so hours, controls are terrible... didn't feel like playing the leech hunter after finishing this... cinematics were great though...

Skies of Arcadia Legends - around 61 hours... I think my characters ended being too high a level because the end battles were ridiculously easy. My main 3 characters were level 60ish when I finished this game.

Jade Empire: I got sucked in for about the first five hours, but after a while it began to drag. I did all the sidequests, but if I were to go back through I would definitely forgo some of them, too much talking and listening. The last few chapters I enjoyed more, there was more action. For the most part the game was too easy, I could kill almost anyone with my sword. Great story and atmosphere though. Around 30 hours, I did everything.

Crimson skies: Enjoyed this one, although I enjoyed the linear missions, much more than the gta style, go do random missions type. Great boss fights. 6-7 hours is my guess.

Van Helsing: A pretty mindless action game, there really isn't much to this game, but I plowed through it since it was so short. Probably 5 hours or less

Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Xbox) - Excellent game, better than expected. Awesome atmosphere to it. Some of my favorite bits are when you are in the heat of a dog fight and there are allies as well as enemies jabbering over the radio to and about you. You have to focus so much on the action that I could often barely register what the heck they were talking about. Kind of gave me a feeling for the chaos of battle. And they had the voice actors deliver (what I assume to be) common German sayings in German - everything is subbed in English. Just very cool. No idea on length.

Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando (PS2) - First game I played/beat on my PS2! Wow, what can I say? This game is great. Tons of weapons, lots of different play modes/mini games to mix up the action.

Currently playing:
Jak II - Game is pretty difficult. I've gotten through everything so far, but I often have to try a section/mission 2, 3, or more times.
Kingdom Hearts - WTF is up with the gummi-ship parts. Ugh, they suck. Other than that good game with awesome voice work, music, and graphics.

KOTOR and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Currently working on The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and my second playthrough of Resident Evil 4.

What were they? God of War, Resident Evil 4, and Halo 2. Beat all of these about the same time, don't remember what the last 2 were.

About how long did it take? 13 hours, 15 hours, 9 hours (second time to play through)

What did you think?
God of War-Awesome action game, 2nd favorite game on PS2. (MGS3 being my first)
Resident Evil 4-I couldn't have ever imagined it being this good, never got bored with it, quite possibly the best game I've ever played.
Halo 2-This was my 2nd time through so I obviously liked it. I was really just looking for a run through game. I am one of the people who thinks the single player isn't all that bad.

And what did you do with it afterwards?
God of War is shelved. Resident Evil 4 I play sporadically doing the mercenary modes. Halo 2, there's always multiplayer on that one. I probably won't play through it again.

I'm back again (part 4)

What were they? Killer 7 and Fire Emblem
About how long did it take? about 12 Hours K7 and 22 hours for FE.

Killer 7 was fantastic. Nothing really like it one the market today. I enjoyed the art style the character and his different personalities. Some areas of the game really tripped me out and I just could not stop playing. I liked the twist at the end but really did not like how the game ended in the epilogue. Still very under appreciated by some people who just need to give it a chance. There really is not anything like it out there and now with the recent price drop you should pick it up or give it a rent.

Fire Emblem was really long and fun turn based strategy game. I got frustrated a few times trying to keep everyone alive throughout the whole game so at about chapter 27 I gave up and let a few characters die. I really enjoyed the story and the interaction between the main characters. The ending fight was very tough and cool. Overall one of the best for the GBA.

Killer 7 was borrowed to a friend to play and I might consider playing Killer 8 in the future. Fire Emblem was placed back in the GBA drawer.

Currently playing DMC2

It was so long ago I don't remember what the second to last game was, but the last game I finished was Psi-ops, it was a lot of fun, until the last two levels where for no particular reasons there were invisable flying beasts from some other dimension. The enemies felt out of place with the rest of the game and it just became really, really annoying. That and the cliffhanger ending was dissapointing, especially since there probably will not be a sequel.

What were they? Alundra (PS1) and Conker: Live & Reloaded (Xbox)

about how long did it take? Alundra - 40 hours Conker - 6.5 hours

What did you think of it? Alundra was probably the best Zelda clone that I have ever played. The puzzles are more challenging than anything Link has ever faced and my God is this game long.

I never played all the way through Conker on the N64, so I thoroughly enjoyed my first time through this game. The tank levels were an absolute chore though.

And what did you do with it afterwards? I put Alundra in one of my big tubs of PS1 games and Conker on one of my shelves of Xbox games.

What game/s are you playing next? I'm getting ready to beat Destroy All Humans (Xbox) and I'm also working on Need For Speed Underground Rivals (PSP).

Ratchet and Clank: UYA - ~ 14 hours (I think)
Onimusha 3 - ~ 9:30

I absolutely loved every minute of both games--each is the best of its series, and they could be my two favorite "trilogies" on the PS2.

Both are shelved now, but I plan on second playthroughs of each.

I started Shadow Hearts, but the only thing I'll be able to play anytime in the foreseeable future is my 20 minutes a day with Nintendogs.

I beat a couple of more games this weekend.

What were they? Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Super Mario World

How Long did it take? Oddworld, about 17 hours, Super Mario World, just a few hours

What did you think? Oddworld was incredible, from the graphics to the gameplay. Super Mario World, I'm surprised at how well this game held up over time. I never got bored with it, but I noticed that Bowser was now ridiculously easy compared to when I first beat it when I was little.

What did you do with them afterwards? They're shelved now. I have to figure out what I'm gonna play next. I'm thinking Viewtiful Joe 2 and Chrono Cross.

I beat ICO & Re 4(again). Well ICO was amazing! The graphics were amazing, the story, puzzles, etc.. I can see why people call this game art, and one of the best of this gen.

And RE 4 what else can I say, that has not been said already? If don't own it yet, go out and get IMO 2005's game of the year!

Last Two Finished:
- "God Of War" PS2 Under a week to complete easy mode
- "Suikoden IV" PS2 About 20 hours main game, 10 hours sidequesting

My Opinion:
Each is a contender for my favorite action game and RPG, respectively, of 2005

Afterwords:
"God of War" was a rental that had to be returned, but that game definitly deserves a place in my collection.

"Suikoden III" was next in line (since I never really played it), but I find it hard to move on and instead would rather play more of "IV" even though I've finished everything. Even menial leveling of 108 charactrs sounds good to me now.

Next in Line?:
I'm weak, so shoot me. Before I play "III", I submit myself once more to the world of "IV" and its meaningless, but fun, charcter upgrades. Maybe I should run through a plus + game while I'm at it....

-geekstyle-

Oddworld Strangers Wrath & Batman Vengence

Oddworld - Around 17 hours to finish it. Best game i've played this year and without a doubt in my top 10 all time favorite games. I cant think of a single bad thing to say about it. I plan on keeping it and replaying it in the near future.

Batman Vengence - Maybe 8 hours to complete. I liked the game a lot but im also a huge batman fan, if you're not a batman fan its a medoicre game. Its very linear and the fighting is very limited. I plan on playing through it again when i need a batman fix.

[quote name='onetrackmind']Oddworld Strangers Wrath & Batman Vengence

Batman Vengence - Maybe 8 hours to complete. I liked the game a lot but im also a huge batman fan, if you're not a batman fan its a medoicre game. Its very linear and the fighting is very limited. I plan on playing through it again when i need a batman fix.[/QUOTE]

ITs definetly one of the better Batman games out there. I think Batman Begins was a little better but Vengeance is one of those games that will stand the test of time a little better. I picked this up a long time ago but traded it in before I could finish it. I've been planning on picking it up again but haven't gotten around to it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']ITs definetly one of the better Batman games out there. I think Batman Begins was a little better but Vengeance is one of those games that will stand the test of time a little better. I picked this up a long time ago but traded it in before I could finish it. I've been planning on picking it up again but haven't gotten around to it.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you, plus i liked that it was for the animated series (which i've always been a fan of) Batman ROSZ is also a relaly good batman game. I ahve abtman begins but i havent started it yet, sounds good though.

bread's done
Back