The last two games you beat....

What were they?
devil may cry and metal gear solid 1

about how long did it take?
less than 9 hours i think (beat it over a year ago) and 9 hours as well for mgs

What did you think of it?
dmc was pretty tight from what i remember. i started on dmc3 and never finished it like my other plentiful unfinished games.

mgs is my favorite game of all time. story is captivating and everything was perfect. didnt stop playing until i finished it. this was my second time of playing it through which was in december and the first time was when it came out

And what did you do with it afterwards?
dmc: still have since i always keep my games

mgs: no way i can give it away or sell it. it's too precious to me

What game/s are you playing next?
i have a ton of games that i started from when i got my ps2 in 2003 but havent beaten. lets see
prince of persia
ffvii
ffx
ffx-2
socom 2
burnout 3
freedom fighters
shinobi

some new ones i recently started:
dmc3
gta:sa (most worthless game ever and wont play again)
star ocean:tteot
smt: nocturne
smt: dds

i usually dont finish my games much or even play them a lot. i lose interest within a few days of getting it and i leave it there forever no matter how good the game was. if school got in the way and prevented me from playing most of the game straight through, i usually never play it again. its a bad habit, i know :)

For some reason i have a problem BEATING games, i usually sell them for new games b4 i can.... lol anyway here they are.

Megaman AC
and (i think)
Zelda: Wind Waker

Megaman i beat (and by that i mean beat every game on it and everything) in about 30 hrs. (i took my time and it was a lot more fun).
and WindWaker took me about 15 hrs. it was fun.... but really really easy.

i kind of just answered the 3rd question.... ummmm NEXT

MM AC i sold.... and i sold WW too..... lol

Capcom Card Fighters Clash and Metroid Prime. I have 33 hours in Card Fighter :shock: and I don't remember for Metroid Prime because it's been awhile.

what did I think
Card Fighters was pretty fun I just wish i had someone to trade/play with so i can complete my collection. Metroid Prime was also good I just can't see myself scanning everything.

what did I do with the games afterwards
Keeping them both

what games are you going to play next?
Wizardry
Disgaea
Amplitude

What were they? Power Rangers:The movie, Streets of Rage(both on the sega genesis)

about how long did it take? 2 days

What did you think of it? It was fun Me and my 4yr old son , beat them together.Except SOR in the end I said no to join the bad guys, and my son hit yes. So we had to fight each other(I won)

And what did you do with it afterwards? keeping them.

What game/s are you playing next? Me & son:Golden Axe

ME: Project Snowblind, Cold winter, Shadow hearts:covenant(MC got corrupted and had to start over)

What were they?
Suikoden III (PS2), and Legend of Zelda LTTP (SNES)

40+ on Suikoden and 10+ on Zelda

Suikoden was definitely a great RPG despite what most people say. It was different from 1 and 2 for sure, but still a great game. Out of all the Zelda Games, LTTP is my favorite, if you haven't played this game, get it for sure.

Kept both to probably replay someday.

Rez (PS2) Turtles IV (SNES)

What were they?
Y's: The Ark of Napishtim and Sword of Mana

10 for Y's over a course of a week, 15 for Sword of Mana, started a year and a half ago, got about 7 hours in, then started playing it again when my boyfriend reminded me about the game.

Y's I needed a break from turn based rpgs, so this fun little adventure was a good place to go. It's short for sure, but every now and then I WANT to play a short game so I can get the feeling of accomplishing the goal of clearing out part of my huge backlog of games in not much time...and some games just feel like they are dragging on after a while. Story kinda made me wish I had played some of the other Y's games.

Sword of Mana was a remake of my first rpg/adventure game. For some reason, even though the graphics were prettier, the storyline more fleshed out I still felt a slight letdown. Maybe it's because Willy didn't die in the begining. Maybe it's because Marcie was now Marshall. Maybe it's because the girl wasn't needed to open the way to the mana tree, just her pendant. Yes, they are stupid little things, but FFA is special to me.

Put them back in their holders to play again someday....if I ever clear out the rest of the backlog.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Breath of Fire II (GBA)

What were they?
Conker: Live and Reloaded (Xbox)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)

About how long did it take?
Conker: 10 hours
Kirby (main game): 5 or so hours

Conker is awesome. Hilarious, and definitely depressing in the end.
Kirby: Nintendo has restored my faith in the gaming industry.

Both are shelved in my library.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
Farcry (PC)

Welcome back, thread

What were they?
LOTR: The Two Towers (Xbox)
Megaman X4 (PS1)

Two Towers: 20-25 hours? can't remember
Megaman: 12 hours

They were both great. Megaman reminded me that old school platformers are still fun.

Collecting dust on my shelf.

Sudeki and Syberia-PC

What were they?
Star Wars Episode III (DS)
Suikoden (PS1)

Star Wars Episode III: 4-5 hours
Suikoden: 21 hours

Episode III is a good beat-em-up, but it felt too short and the characters didn't have any differences outside of story or force powers. Suikoden, kicked all sorts of ass. I can see why this series is loved by many fans.

Collecting dust on my shelf.

Suikoden II

What were they?
Final Fantasy X and Def Jam: Fight for New Yrok

FFX: ~42 hours
Def Jam: FFNY ~8 hours

Both were very satisfying experiences.

I promptly put away FFX but I played DJ:FFNY till I unlocked all the characters.

Probably Burnout 3. I already got gold on all the crash thingies and put a nice dent in the world circuit thingy but put it away for some reason I dont' remember. I also wanna start on FFX-2.

Jade Empire - About 25 Hours to Complete --[I loved this game, its been awhile since i played a game that i just couldn't put down and this was one of them. Bioware is amazing at these type of rpgs. It felt similar enough to KOTOR but still different enough for it to feel like a new experience. The Story kept me interested and i actually wanted to complete the side quests.]-- 9.5 out of 10

007 Everything or Nothing - About 10 hours --[007 EON isn't a bad game but it took awhile for the game to start getting fun. The auto-targeting is pretty sloppy and the shooting portions are kinda meh. The driving levels, especially the motorcycle ones were a blast though.]-- 7 out of 10

Medal of Honor European Assault - About 10 Hours --[Although this game recieved medicore reviews i think the overall game was really fun. I was glad to see the medal of honor series go back to the same feel in pervious games. The actual squad commands in this game are completely useless and failed in execution though. ]-- 8 out of 10

Destroy All Humans - About 15 to 17 Hours --[This was a really fun game as well but i was hoping for alittle more on certain things. I wish i could have had the freedom to go anywhere and do anything but you are restricted in how far you can go in the area. I also wish you could land anywhere instead of a designated spot. I also hated the missions where you couldnt let humans become of your awareness, trying to stay in human form is very difficult especially towards the end of the game. I also wish there were more weapons and more mission variety. The final boss fight was pretty lame as well. On to the good... The story is hilarious and scanning peoples brains also almost always produced something funny. The saucer levels were a blast, i loved completely destroying an entire town. Destroying Washington DC was awesome... come on i mena what other game lets you blow up the white house?! The game also has some pretty cool unlockables. The controls are also pretty tight, and the game was really enjoyable overall.]-- 8 out of 10

Zelda no Densetsu

took about 7 hours maybe, game doesn't have a clock.

6/10 (it aged okay, just doesn't have the depth that othe Zelda games have)

Now playing FF7, 18 hours in but still on disc one. This game would be 10/10 if they cut out the Golden Saucer (3000 gil to get in, and everything there sucks, plus it clashes with the setting of the game) and Cait Sith (I don't care if it's important to the story, IT'S A GODDAMN ROBOT CAT ON A MARSHMALLOW! WTF?).

I've been beating games left and right since I got to Japan. God I love free time!

Zelda: Minish Cap (got EVERY figurine, and all but 3 kinstone fusions)
Final Fantasy 1 (GBA version)
Sonic Battle
Sonic Gems Collection (beat every game, got EVERYTHING in the gallery)
Geist
Ico
Guilty Gear Isuka (finally unlocked Leopaldon.....rolls eyes)

and last night:

DRAKENGARD! I got all 5 endings and 100% completion! BOO YA!

I'm currently working on:

Super Princess Peach (world 7 out of 9)
Battallion Wars (such a surprisingly great game!)
Soul Calibur 3 (there is WAY too much to do in this one!)
Shadow of the Colossus (3 down so far)
Shadow of Rome (about 80% last time I checked)
Haunting Ground (probly 60% done)
Finny the Fish (about 50-60% done)

And I plan to order about 11 more games from Gamestop (they ship internationally! WOO!) next week......

TIME TO GET CRACKIN!

Been awhile since I actually finished a game.

Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube) - About 18 hours, beat it in July
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - Unlocked everythign in about a week, beat it in September.

I'm actually finishing games more, now.

Last two games:
-LOZ Link to the Past (first time I actually played all the way through) GBA
-Wario Ware Mega Microgame$. Got every game, and got a ribbon on all of them.

LoZ: Minish Cap
Halo2

Most of my games are rpgs and I just don't have too much time to play them all the way through anymore (though I'd like to). :cry:

Just beat Final Fantasy IX (PSX) last week -- 49 hours, did some sidequests and stuff. It was alright, I think I enjoyed playing through VIII (the last FF I played) better.
Before that I beat Doom 3 (PC) over the summer after I got it cheap at Best Buy. Great game, need to get around to finishing the expansion once I get my video card fixed.

Ultimate Spider-man -(about 4 hours) This game was entirely too short, and playing as Venom at the end -while fun- got old very fast. The boss chases were really annoying, but the fights themselves were pretty fun. I liked this game much more than Spider-man 2. 7.5 out of 10.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Repubilc II: The Sith Lords - (about 30 hours) I really enjoyed this game, but it does not touch its far superior first installment. This game was way too easy, I felt like a god just going into battles and using force lightning to kill everyone in my path - I needed a challenge. The end was also very disappointing, hopefully there will be a KOTOR 3 for Xbox 360. 8.5 out of 10.

Trace Memory

Other than that, the last time I finished a game was in December; I have a lot of unfinished games sitting around

For those that beat Shadow of the Colossus, is it worth the 39.99 or slighty less?I was thinking of possibly asking for this for part of my xmas gift.

[quote name='js1']For those that beat Shadow of the Colossus, is it worth the 39.99 or slighty less?I was thinking of possibly asking for this for part of my xmas gift.[/QUOTE]
It's worth $50. :D

Last two games I finished were Far Cry: Instincts and Doom 3: Ressurection of Evil

Far Cry had an amazing single player mode, and i'll probably get it again when it's cheap, i traded it while I could still get $30 credit for the game. (I paid $35 for it used) The multiplayer wasn't my favorite, seemed too unstructured and random. Plus the loading for custom maps is rediculous.

Doom 3: RoE was awesome as well. I got bored with the original DooM3, but this one really hooked me with the new weapons and much more varied environments. I'm keeping this game, especially for the classic dooms on the disc.

Now I'm playing CoD2: Big Red One and Shadow of the Colossus.

What were they? Timesplitters :Future Perfect , F.E.A.R.

about how long did it take? FEAR took about 8 hours, and TS took about 2 months playing a few hours every week.

What did you think of it? FEAR WAS GREAT! TS:FP was not as good as TS 2

And what did you do with it afterwards? Sent TS back to gamefly, and FEAR sits unplayed on my desk :p

What game/s are you playing next? JAK X, and MArioKart DS

What were they? Resident Evil 4 PS2 and From Russia with Love PS2

about how long did it take? RE4 took about 25 hours and From Russia with Love took about 5.

What did you think of it? I enjoyed RE4 because I don't really play them put I enjoyed this one and From Russia with Love is decent but is more suited toward Multiplayer and my friends don't play games like this one.

And what did you do with it afterwards? Trading them in mostlikely at Gamerush or sell them to my cousin.

What game/s are you playing next? We Love Katamari

The last game I beat was Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Excellent game, and even with a busy time at work I still played through it in a week. This was the first game in a while that I played all the way through without any detours to other games.

Before that I think it was Atelier Iris. This one took me months, mainly because my PS2 spent a lot of that time unhooked after I remodeled my bedroom and never got around to hooking the thing back up. Another great game and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I would give hours played but I'm too lazy to pop them in to see plus they would be terribly inflated anyway as I tend to leave my systems on for hours at a time while I am off doing other stuff.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - 15 hours with 100% map and souls
Feel the Magic XY/XX - maybe two hours?

Playing next: Mario Kart DS, Final Fantasy 9.

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - It took around 8 hours (give or take an hour or two b/c I didn't really keep time) to pass, and I really enjoyed the tactical aspect of the game. It was much more challenging than the first game... partially b/c the enemy AI was much more aggressive, and also b/c my teammates would always stand in the open! D'oh! I also enjoyed the different point of view from Red compared to the first game in Baker's POV, and how the stories complemented one another. I traded it in after I passed the game.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect - It took about 9 hours to pass (give or take an hour or two b/c I didn't really keep time), and I also enjoyed this game immensely. The character models and dialogue were humorous and there was a good balance between the story, weapons and dialogue. Nothing was too over the top or boring, and it kept me entertained the whole way through. I also traded it in after I passed the game.

:)

EDIT: shnaps, replace timepslitters with star wars battlefront 2. i totally forgot about that game hehe. that's not a good sign huh? :lol:

Shadow of the Colossus and Um Jammer Lammy.

SotC took (off the top of my head) around 18 hours maybe. I can't remember and it might be less.

Um Jammer Lammy took about an hour.

I loved SotC. Great, great game.

Um Jammer Lammy is also a great, classic, pick-up-and-play-for-the-heck-of-it game.

I continued to play SotC in the Time Attack mode, beat all the colossi in the specified times, messed with the new items and such, and I've started beating all the colossi with these powerups.

I simply placed Um Jammer Lammy back in it's case and put it away.

I'm still playing SotC for the second time. After that, I'm going for my newly purchased Ico, and then back to SotC to try Hard Mode.

I also have a game of Earthbound going. I'm up to Threed.

bread's done
Back