The LinkinPrime and "Well Dunn" Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cdubb1605']what about the mike adamle wrestling thread?[/QUOTE]

This.

I hope someone makes "The Pro Wrestling is Gay And Only For Toothless Inbreds Wrestling Thread" just to annoy all the people who are takin' these OPs just a smidgen too seriously.

[quote name='KaneRobot']This.

I hope someone makes "The Pro Wrestling is Gay And Only For Toothless Inbreds Wrestling Thread" just to annoy all the people who are takin' these OPs just a smidgen too seriously.[/quote]

Your avatar is disrespectful to Kane and Optimus Prime. Please remove. Haha, I'm funny and trying to fit in! :D And failing...but anyway, upon what I've read, this all reminds me of the first Mr. Hankey episode of South Park, where they have to put on the play, but get rid of everything that's Chrstimas so they don't offend everybody.

[quote name='Shmitty']can we misspell his name?

so ec-dub is almost over and no one has actually commented on it. was it THAT good?[/QUOTE]

Suns/Spurs > ECW.

[quote name='xcoax']Suns/Spurs > ECW.[/quote]

given the "quality" of tonights show, anything wouldve been better. they did make note that last weeks ecw "x-stream" was the most downloaded ecw ever. wonder how much of that has to do with the internet marks wanting to hear the shit storm that was adamle

The best part of ECW was Edge rattling off the entire Kane/Taker canon in such a way as to make it seem plausible. The Mark Henry/Nunzio MAIN EVENT was surprisingly not good. The whole show was just boring, but had some funny Tazz/Adamle fuck ups.

Quotes -
Tazz - Layla’s got that latino temper.
Adamle - Knox wants to leave Dreamer something to…dream about!
Tazz - Mike Knox is a big, bad apple man! I’ve seen a lot of guys come and go, but this Mike Knox is here to stay!
Adamle - Look at that 8-pack of abs on Morrison, just like you had in your heyday.
Tazz - I had a one pack.
Miz - Adamle, is Yang Jamaican-ya crazy?
(after an énziguri)Adamle - BIG RIGHT LEG KICK!
Miz - Morrison’s beating on Jimmy Yang Wang. If Adamle can screw up lines, so can I.
Tazz - Regal - King of the Wing…Ring winner.
Kofi - OH SNAP!
Shelton - Oh SNAP! You’re undefeated aren’t you? Well, that ends tonight.
Tazz - JAMAICAN ME CRAZY! Come on, Mike!
Adamle - JAMAICAN ME CRAZY!
Tazz - Kofi Kongson, Kelly Konson, KOFI KINGSTON is coming to the ring!
Adamle - Shelton and Kofi are arguably the two best athletes as far as doing a variety… of a variety of different things.
Tazz - Today’s Earth Day - we might see Nunzio put into the middle of the Earth.
Edge - Don’t adjust your sets - THE RATED R SUPERSTAR HAS BROUGHT THE CUTTING EDGE TO ECW! Kane, please have a seat…okay, you’d rather stand.. People seem to the think that the most dominant family in wrestling is the Brothers of Destruction - for nearly two decades, you and your brother have run roughshod over WWE. Your parents must be so proud.
Kane - MY PARENTS ARE DEAD, and if you bring them up again, you may be too!
Edge - Settle down, okay, you agreed to be a guest on my show - we ask the tough questions. Your life sucks, it does, okay? You can trace it all back to your dysfunctional family. For most of your life, you lived under a mask, dealing with scars that were just in your head, you’ve had failed relationship after failed relationship, including one I won’t even mention, and one with Lita, who left you, for me. I was gonna marry here, when you ruined our wedding day! Fast forward years later - I am World champion, and you took me out of action, but that was almost a blessing in disguise, because in that time, I met the most beautiful woman in the world! I met Vickie Guerrero!
Kane - Wait, you’re thanking me for that?
Edge - Yes, SHE IS MY EVERYTHING! Zack and Curt are like our children. Chavo is my nephew. Bam Neeley is like a second cousin I’m just starting to get to know - WE ARE A FAMILY! Since ‘Mania, thinks haven’t been going great, but that’s because you and your brother stole our most important family heirlooms! But I am so glad that this Sunday PPV is called Backlash, because this Sunday, my family takes back what is rightfully ours!
Kane - After Backlash, you won’t have the titles, or much of a family - I am going to destroy your nephew Chavo, and if your second cousin, Bam, gets in my way, you’ll never have the chance to get to know him. As far as you and your uh, two sons, well my brother the Undertaker will add three victims to this family tragedy! The way I see it! After Backlash, the only remaining member of your family will be your fiance, Vickie Guerrero, all by herself! But don’t worry, my brother and I will take real good care of her! I PROMISE! (fans cheer)
Edge - HOW DARE YOU!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why not just let guyver have his goldberg thread? All the shit that started was because Zen decided to be a dick and hate on Goldberg. Everyone who reads this thread knows that guy begged for a proper thread for years and never got it.[/QUOTE]

I do miss Guyver marking out in these threads

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why not just let guyver have his goldberg thread? All the shit that started was because Zen decided to be a dick and hate on Goldberg. Everyone who reads this thread knows that guy begged for a proper thread for years and never got it.[/QUOTE]

If Guyver really wanted to make a thread, he would have hopped on it the first chance he got FOUR years ago. The only reason I made the Goldberg thread is because he was upset that The Human Tornado got one and Goldberg hadn't. Fact is the thread was entertaining and I screwed up on the spoilers. Nothing more. And if I remember correctly, everyone hated on Goldberg. Not only me.

[quote name='mykevermin']Personally, my only concern is that Zen doesn't make any more threads.[/QUOTE]

Don't hate.

I mean for someone saying not to take the thread topics too seriously, you sure do seem hypocritical about how I handle them.

Why not chill out?

Read below. That's you.

[quote name='KaneRobot']This.

I hope someone makes "The Pro Wrestling is Gay And Only For Toothless Inbreds Wrestling Thread" just to annoy all the people who are takin' these OPs just a smidgen too seriously.[/QUOTE]

You don't seem to understand.

I have little to no reverence for the person that is the current topic of the wrestling thread.

Posting West Coast spoilers and being an unapologetic twat about it is not the same thing as that.

Or are you being a "cool heel" and trying to get banned from CAG the same way you were banned from the ROH board?

You got banned from a rasslin web forum? For real? You need to take a bit of a break from all this and get your head right.

[quote name='mykevermin']You don't seem to understand.

I have little to no reverence for the person that is the current topic of the wrestling thread.

Posting West Coast spoilers and being an unapologetic twat about it is not the same thing as that.

Or are you being a "cool heel" and trying to get banned from CAG the same way you were banned from the ROH board?[/quote]

Right. Right. Because I'm going to banned from CAG for posting spoilers and being an unapologetic twat. JimmieMac is ten times the unapologetic twat I am and he's still here. If you're going to 'get me', be smart about it. There are more than enough 'cool heels' around CAG that I don't even begin to compare unless the only place you visit on CAG are the wrestling threads.

And I do understand. You didn't feel the Davey Richards thing wasn't worth an edit and then I ribbed you about being a bitch (God knows I didn't think you'd take it so hard) and low and behold mighty Myke thinks I should suddenly never make a topic again. Please. You just don't like the way go I about editing my threads but that's how I've ran every single thread and I've ever made. The only people that minded were the ones who got complacent in the wrestling thread being the same thing day in and day out.

Bottom line is everyone makes mistakes. I recall you once claiming on the very night CM Punk won the ECW Championship that they would never give the belt to him and being very wrong about it. I said I would never post spoilers again and that's that. What more do you want? It's obvious you've got some ants in your pants if your world's going to end if I make another wrestling topic.

As for getting banned, don't be an presumptuous. You'll only make an ass out of yourself. I wasn't being the "cool heel". I felt that Ring of Honor ignoring their biggest market and only giving the Ibushi and the Machine Guns to the midwest was a bullshit move and I let Gabe know that. He felt my comments would hurt business and so he banned me and removed the posts. Even then, I STILL got complementary passes for the Edison show from the company. No hard feelings there.

[quote name='JimmieMac']You got banned from a rasslin web forum? For real? You need to take a bit of a break from all this and get your head right.[/quote]

You wouldn't last a day if you posted there the way you do here.

I thought the JimmieMac immunity clause was one of those unwritten rules that all CAGs had grown to understand by now. Anyways, I passed out before ECW tonight, how botchtastic was Adamle?

[quote name='Genocidal']I thought the JimmieMac immunity clause was one of those unwritten rules that all CAGs had grown to understand by now. Anyways, I passed out before ECW tonight, how botchtastic was Adamle?[/quote]

He was Sabu botchtastic.

Seriously?

Bottom line - Zen, you posted spoilers and didn't think that was a problem. When someone called you on it, you threw a hissy fit and got way defensive about it. There was really no need to continuously update the thread title with news anyway, but hey, so goes with being the one who makes the topic.

I say we stop bitching about this, move on, and continue to discuss the business like we always have. 'Course, this is the internet and that won't happen - some of us are too concerned with trying to get ourselves "over" rather than actually adding to the topic.

PWG's updated Dynamite Duumvirate Tournament lineup (after changes)

NIGHT ONE
DDT Round 1
Los Luchas (Zokre & Phoenix Star) vs 2.0 (Jagged & Shane Matthews)
Jack Evans & Roderick Strong vs. Scorpio Sky & Ronin
The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scott Lost) vs. Koti Ibusha & KAGETORA
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Super Dragon & Davey Richards

Jay Briscoe vs. TJ Perkins

PWG Championship
(C) Human Tornado vs. Austin Aries

NIGHT TWO
Luchas/2.0 Winner vs. Evans&Strong/Sky&Ronin Winner
Dynasty/Ibusha&KAGETORA Winner vs. Steenerico/Dragon&Davey Winner

PWG Championship - NO DQ
(C) Human Tornado vs. Necro Butcher

Austin Aries vs. Jay Briscoe

I thought ECW was decent tonight, The Jimmy Wang-Yang vs. Morrison match was good although it was short, same with the Kofi vs. Shelton Match. Rest of the show was pretty forgettable though. It was also funny to hear Miz rip on Adamle pretty good. As soon as he got the headset on he called Adamle a legend and then he mocked him for saying "Jamaican me crazy" last week. Then at the end he mispronounced Jimmy Wang Yang for the third or 4th time and said something like "What, you let Adamle make mistakes"

Adamle made mistakes tonight, but, as with last week, Tazz ALSO made a ton of mistakes, despite being an active wrestler in the past, and being a wrestling commentator for nearly a decade. That doesn't excuse Adamle, but I do find it amusing to see all of the blame go to Adamle when Tazz isn't exactly great either.

Much like tonight's AWA show on ESPN Classic, actually, which showed about a third of the Super Clash III event, and was highlighted by DDP appearing as a manager (with more charisma than anyone else on the show by a wide margin), the Iron Sheik cutting a promo and posing, Verne Gagne trying to explain the clusterfuck that was the Kerry Von Erich-Jerry Lawler match ending, and promos from Wahoo and Manny Fernandez (who appeared to take a handsaw to his skull before the taping judging by the deep gashes on his forehead)...for a match that wasn't shown on this broadcast.

Quotes -
Lee Marshall - We’re gonna open the show with the Rock ‘n Roll RPMs!
Ray Stevens - The Guerrero Brothers are amazing, but they aren’t in there with any slouches!
Lee Marshall - No, the RPMs are the Southern Tag Team Champions!
Lee Marshall - The fans are all excited about Super Clash III - THE GREATEST EVENT IN WRESTLING!
Tanaka - WHEN SOME BROAD HAS THE GALL TO SLAP THE SENSEI PAT TANAKA, YOU KNOW THERE’S NO HONOR LEFT IN PRO WRESTLING!
Lee Marshall - Ron Garvin punches Greg Gagne, but it wasn’t with the HAND OF STONE!
Lee Marshall - This international TV title has an interesting history - Greg Gagne won it in a tournament against the late Adrian Adonis, held it for over a year until he lost it to Ron Garvin.
Lee Marshall - Greg Gagne is famous for his dropkick and the Gagne sleeper, made famous by his father, Verne Gagne.
Lee Marshall - Ron Garvin is famous for the hands of stone, which have knocked out Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, and even Greg Gagne with just one punch!
Lee Marshall - Jerry Lawler told me that Ronnie Garvin told him that Garvin thought he was the toughest man to ever wear a pair of tights, and that he admired him for it.
Marshall - We’re five minutes into this match and they’re already exhausted!
Larry Nelson - Congratulations to Greg Gagne, who just became the international TV champion of the world!
Verne Gagne - At Super Clash, Kerry Von Erich hit the ring post and not only cut his head and also his arm. But the doctor made the right call and saved his health.
Larry Nelson - How about a rematch?
Verne Gagne - Ha ha… Super Clash III was great, if you missed it on Pay-Per-View, get the next one!
Nelson - Next, it’s the speed of the Rock ‘n Roll Express against the STUD STABLE - IT’S A CLASSIC!
(as Jimmy Golden locks a front heacklock onto Ricky Morton)Crowd - BOOORRRING! BORING!
Marshall - Robert Fuller just went into Golden keister-first!
Lee Marshall - The most historic night in wrestling history - Super Clash III!
Lee Marshall - Ray, I just saw some magazine released that said you were on the vampire list.
Stevens - Oh, I wouldn’t know anything about that…
Marshall - Sylvia hits him with the kendo stick, and what do ya do, you can’t hit her back!
Stevens - Um…
DDP - IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO GET STRIPPED OF YOUR STRIPES, PRIVATE SLAUGHTER!
Lee Marshall - DEBEERS IS CHOKING THE SARGE OUT, RAY!
Stevens - Yeah, well, those are the rules…
Fan - SARGE, YOU SUCK!
(after Adnan runs in)Stevens - It seems like all these people from foreign countries are coming after Slaughter.
Marshall - THE IRON SHEIK IS IN THE BUILDING!
Nelson - Yes, you saw the war between DeBeers and Slaughter, and the appearances of THE SHEIKS!
Iron Sheik - Every intelligent American, Mr. Melson, know about da Sheik and Slaughter!
Slaughter - IRON SHEIK, SHEIK ADNAN, COLONEL DEBEERS, AND WHOEVER ELSE YOU WANT TO BRING, I’M ASKING FOR EVERYTHING YOU’VE GOT! YOU CAN’T FACE ME FACE TO FACE!? ALL YOU ARE IS MAGGOTS! SCUM! SLIME! I DON’T KNOW HOW YOU GOT HERE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY OF MINE! SIGN THE DOTTED LINE AND WE’LL SEE WHO THE TOUGHEST MAN IS! WHEN I SEE YOU, I’M LOOKING AT SOMETHING I…DON’T LIKE VERY WELL!

Screens -
LARRY NELSON WANTS TO BOOGIE!

The gayest-looking Rock 'n Roll Express knock-offs in history

Some Wrestling Observer Live stuff -
12-13-00 TOM ZENK
http://www.sendspace.com/file/deh8gj

4-03-01 TOM ZENK
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3od7xt

3-05-01 JIM CORNETTE (Cornette talks about Randy Orton's development here)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/benrbx

6-18-01 JIM CORNETTE
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8aq4n

5-5-02 JIM CORNETTE
http://www.sendspace.com/file/957idd

11-23-03 JIM CORNETTE
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kh4rfn

9-20-04 JIM CORNETTE&BOBBY HEENAN
http://www.sendspace.com/file/88argd

4-11-00 ERIC BISCHOFF
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z2ohp6

1-12-01 ERIC BISCHOFF
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vgmida

2-21-01 ERIC BISCHOFF
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tnbefz

12-28-03 OLE ANDERSON
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3m4xh7

Tazz gets a pass on making some slipups IMO because he's generally entertaining on commentary (I liked him best when him and Cole were a duo) Adamle is worthless except for the "How badly is this guy going to fuck up THIS time?" amusement factor.

[quote name='JJSP']Seriously?

Bottom line - Zen, you posted spoilers and didn't think that was a problem. When someone called you on it, you threw a hissy fit and got way defensive about it. There was really no need to continuously update the thread title with news anyway, but hey, so goes with being the one who makes the topic.[/quote]

I didn't throw a hissy fit. I chuckled in my seat and went "whoops." The over the top "fuckin' fuck fuck' responses were hilarious to me because they went on to bitch about the show anyway. Everyone should have known it wasn't malicious anyway. If that makes me a douchebag, that's one thing, but some of ya'll seem so personally offended by me that they overreacted to the story that I might have ran over Chris Benoit's child and propped the dead kid back up in his bed so that the cops would finger Benoit.

See now that was offensive.

Besides there is no topic. There isn't much to talk about until Smackdown and Backlash. :)

[quote name='ZForce']Tazz gets a pass on making some slipups IMO because he's generally entertaining on commentary (I liked him best when him and Cole were a duo) Adamle is worthless except for the "How badly is this guy going to fuck up THIS time?" amusement factor.[/QUOTE]Had a real "wtf" moment a while ago when I was flipping through the radio and stumbled upon Tazz's radio show. It was pretty funny. Just imagine Tazz - exactly how he is on ECW/Smackdown commentary - hosting a talk show, and that's pretty much what this sounded like. Anyone else ever hear it?

[quote name='mykevermin']Drop what?[/QUOTE]

The whole thing about spoilers in the thread title (as Zen is still going on about it).

Changing the subject.... how bad was Adamle last night? I wasn't feeling too great so I went to bed real early... and I forgot to set the DVR.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The whole thing about spoilers in the thread title (as Zen is still going on about it).

Changing the subject.... how bad was Adamle last night? I wasn't feeling too great so I went to bed real early... and I forgot to set the DVR.[/quote]

I'll drop it if everyone apologizes to me.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4iP6A5Zu4WY[/MEDIA]

[quote name='JJSP']According to NoDQ.com, Hayes told Mark Henry "I'm more of a 'ninja' than you are."

Classy.[/quote]

Maybe he is.

Dude.

Owen has the IC title.
Bulldog has the European title.
Bret's in the ring.

they're all celebrating in Edmonton, going for the cheap reaction they don't need, since they just had the match at Canadian Stampede (Owen/Bulldog/Bret/Anvil/Pillman vs Austin/Shamrock/Goldust/LOD) where Owen won by pinning Austin.

IYH16.jpg

Then Austin ran in from behind with some cheap chair shots.

Man, 24/7 is so much better than the current on-air stuff. I only wished they updated Raw and Nitro once a week instead of every two weeks, so it would have more of a "serial" feel to it.

TAKA Michinoku vs. Great Sasuke up next. Dude.

EDIT: SASUKE PROMO!

I've been saying that the sacredness of the topic title is nonsense for a couple of years now. It's good to see that others are coming around. myke, I think Zen learned from the last thread. It shouldn't be a problem for him to make others in the future.

[quote name='mykevermin']Dunno. I'm on campus doing some data analyses and building survival curves. Now I'm leaving to go have a pint or two.

I'd rather build a survival curve than watch ECW.[/quote]

I'd rather be on the short end of that curve than watch ECW.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So . . .
did Batista really beat the Undertaker for teh world strap,
or was that just a clever ruse?[/quote]

He did not.

[quote name='JJSP']According to NoDQ.com, Hayes told Mark Henry "I'm more of a 'ninja' than you are."

Classy.[/QUOTE]

How was Hayes able to even say that to Mark Henrey? I mean has he looked at him. He could rip P.S. in half like a phone book.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']How was Hayes able to even say that to Mark Henrey? I mean has he looked at him. He could rip P.S. in half like a phone book.[/quote]
Liquid courage.

When/why did TNA Impact get bumped back a quarter of a year? And yeah, like I said after the other trailer, the game looks like crap.

It's been reported (courtesy of his MySpace) that Rob Van Dam's wife Sonya has been diagnosed with colon cancer. Here's hoping they've caught it early enough for her to make a solid recovery.

Wow, the commentary in the TNA game is incredibly generic. I get the feeling like they recorded 50 different phrases with nondescript lines like "Look at that!" "that was amazing!" "He's going to snap it off!" and those will repeat ad nauseum. Also, the generic grunts were totally awesome in a completely comedic way.

[quote name='xcoax']Wow, the commentary in the TNA game is incredibly generic. I get the feeling like they recorded 50 different phrases with nondescript lines like "Look at that!" "that was amazing!" "He's going to snap it off!" and those will repeat ad nauseum. Also, the generic grunts were totally awesome in a completely comedic way.[/quote]

You pretty much summed up Don West's verbal repertoire.

[quote name='xcoax']Wow, the commentary in the TNA game is incredibly generic. I get the feeling like they recorded 50 different phrases with nondescript lines like "Look at that!" "that was amazing!" "He's going to snap it off!" and those will repeat ad nauseum. Also, the generic grunts were totally awesome in a completely comedic way.[/QUOTE]

My favorite part is where the guy on the X ropes does a backflip off onto a guy on the turnbuckle. The guy on the turnbuckle is barely phased, the guy who did the backflip flies out of the ring, clips through the turnbuckle and smashes his face on the apron than immediately climbs back into the ring as if nothing happened.

"Oh look at him paintbrush it!"

"There's no way he's going to get up from this *as the guy immediately no sells*"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back